Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

gently caress facts, facts are for lawyers, you don't see lawyers playing videogames

They don't play videogames, they just watch anime adaptations of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Butterfly Valley posted:

Because it's the single biggest thing that stops people having reasonable and rational discussions on these forums

they are advertisements meant to provoke an emotional reaction to sell video games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Project Triangle Strategy is a good on the nose name but whenever I try to remember what it's called I keep thinking it's called Project Triangle Shirtwaist Factory.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 18, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mokinokaro posted:

It's also canonical that inklings aren't the brightest bulbs.

Like not being able to tell that Marina is an octoling, their ancient enemies.

Oh, yes. Like the whole deal with the story mode special weapon skins is that Sheldon gives the blueprints to the folks at the factory who can't figure them out so they just make a cosmetic variant on an existing weapon.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Watch it change to Triangle Stratagem or Trinity Strategy or something

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

They are almost certainly just gonna strip the Project out of the name

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Here are other two non-Crayon Shin Chan trailers from the Japanese version of the Direct, for posterity's sake:

eBaseball Professional Baseball Spirits 2021: Grand Slam, the latest in Konami's long line of Japanese Baseball sims.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XLZSNDlsU

The Caligula Effect 2 is the successor to the low-budget Vita RPG and its PS4/Switch/Steam remake that nobody here seemed to like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6RrrQhyLyg

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The best way to think of it is probably like the Yakuza games, where they blatantly reused the same map over and over again but kept cramming it full of more and more locations and activities to an insane degree.

Can't wait to run a hostess club in Hyrule

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

The Black Stones posted:

The game literally tells you for the objectives that letting that one character die is a game over because the goal of that mission is that you can’t let that character die. Literally the whole point is you’re escaping so he can live.

Oh no, the horrendous game design of you not reading the win/lose conditions for a fight.

Well we are only used to the poor "strategy" of fire emblem 3 houses. Don't have overpowered bullshit in this to just sleepwalk through the game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Morpheus posted:

"It's Friday Night" but Link and Sidon in suits

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rimusutera posted:

Watch it change to Triangle Stratagem or Trinity Strategy or something

I want it called the "Saltiron Wars" or "Saltiron Saga" because that's hilariously banal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I think most people would be happy if they just added a lot more Great Fairies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Morpheus posted:

Actually would be interesting if you saw Hyrule redeveloping technologically and socially.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Walla posted:

And the Direct made it seem like there would be multiple storylines. I'm really hoping that's the case and we end up with like 3 main paths but only if the story can stay good.

I watched the direct to see where this claim is coming from. The direct shows that there’s multiple storylines because you can change the path the story will take. For example, in the demo there’s a big choice you can make, I haven’t played it again so see what happens if you make the other choice, but the story would drastically change.

The trailer showed combat/story all from the perspective of the one house. There’s a clear main character as well.

I mean, I see how people can think there might be more storylines but watching the trailer again and having played the demo. I can safely predict it’s going to solely focus on you playing as the one party and the game shows all the side schemes happening around you as you play. I’m willing to eat a week long probation in making the claim you won’t play as anyone other than the party from the demo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actually would be interesting if you saw Hyrule redeveloping technologically and socially.

I really hope they do something interesting with Tarrey Town, since it represents the first 'new' settlement in the recovered Hyrule. It could develop into a sprawling city or have some sort of technological advantage over the rest of Hyrule.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I will definitely be buying and enjoying Splatoon 3

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

they really need to stop adding anime swordfighters to smash and add some more interesting characters who had a huge impact in the history of videogames. what I'm say is, where's Doomguy/Doom Slayer? c'mon Betheseda and Nintendo you cowards. I want to Rip 'n' Tear and then fire the BFG9000 in Smash! :black101:

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I want it called the "Saltiron Wars" or "Saltiron Saga" because that's hilariously banal.

Shut up and take my money.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

wafflemoose posted:

they really need to stop adding anime swordfighters to smash and add some more interesting characters who had a huge impact in the history of videogames. what I'm say is, where's Doomguy/Doom Slayer? c'mon Betheseda and Nintendo you cowards. I want to Rip 'n' Tear and then fire the BFG9000 in Smash! :black101:

It partly feels like a Nintendo push to solidify Xenoblade as not only a series and their series.
I guess X2 sold over 2 million copies so it's not exactly a niche title but compared to the pantheon they could be pulling from I still have to figure it's a little self-serving.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

stev posted:

Platinum really seems to have gone off the boil in the last two years. Since Astral Chain all they've done is release teasers for games with no release in sight (and had another try at getting people to like TW101). They must have really overstretched themselves with the number of projects they took on at once.

Wonderful 101 is a holy game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Triangle Tactics wasn't really my jam going off the demo. I guess now I got nothing to look forward to except

New Pokemon Snap
Shin Megami Tensei V
World's End Club
The entire No More Heroes series
Great Ace Attorney when they finally announce that
Splatoon 3

(and Persona 5 Strikers, but I ain't playing that on Switch lol)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Someone needs to put those Zelda Joycons up for preorder so I can absolutely fail to get them before the wave of scalpers.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I haven't really enjoyed a 3D Zelda since Majora's Mask and I'm not sure why. Skyward and Twilight felt a bit too on rails early on and BOTW is kind of the opposite. Maybe I need a good medium.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It partly feels like a Nintendo push to solidify Xenoblade as not only a series and their series.
I guess X2 sold over 2 million copies so it's not exactly a niche title but compared to the pantheon they could be pulling from I still have to figure it's a little self-serving.

I mean, it is selling on par/better than series like Pikmin, Star Fox, Metroid and Yoshi.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Echophonic posted:

Someone needs to put those Zelda Joycons up for preorder so I can absolutely fail to get them before the wave of scalpers.

I'm conflicted as that $80-90 could be used towards the inevitable botw2 switch console.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Really missed an opportunity to call it The NaClFe Wars.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Echophonic posted:

:yeah:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tonfa posted:

having a lol at Triangle Strategy, the least confident game design vision in history. "Uhh we don't have a name for our RPG...it's...about kingdoms? it could not be? fill the survey please oh god"

Octopath Traveler was in the same boat and then they kept the name. I like the name Octopath Traveler. I am sure Triangle Strategy will grow on me as well, so I'm cool with whatever they decide on. Except Pyramid Scheme, I guess.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know Twitter leakers and all that, but apparently this is the guy who initially leaked the SM3DAS collection....

https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/status/1362213588694368260?s=19

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

So at 2pm central time yesterday I was poised to get the pins, refreshing the page... and the power went down again from the storms. Beautiful trolling from mother nature. Somehow this morning I was able to just log on and get them anyway?? I would have bet everything that the supply of those pins was limited. Very happy to be wrong about that.

Catching up on the direct... stoked for Legend of Mana and the Famicom Detective games. Mario Golf looks good when it hits $40 in a sale someday, likewise Skyward Sword. Project Triangle and World's End Club are right up my alley as well, but I'm minimizing purchases this year. Splatoon 3 is a day one purchase if it improves on 2 as much as 2 did on 1 - and yes, a Borderlands-style splatoon game would be awesome.

Miitopia isn't going to set the world on fire but I was playing it in 3DS and it was drat funny. Not going to repurchase, but if they make a demo, try it out!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One nation controls the salt, one nation controls the iron, we couldn't think of a third thing the other nation controls in this game, but you can't make a shape with only two sides

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If it’s not a double pack I’ll probably skip Twilight Princess. Couldn’t even finish the Wii U version.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I liked Skyward Sword, but while I’m not exactly clamoring for a re-release Id prefer getting it over games that already got Wii U and 3ds remakes, especially when a switch rerelease would just be removing all two-screen features and being downgrades.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know Twitter leakers and all that, but apparently this is the guy who initially leaked the SM3DAS collection....

https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/status/1362213588694368260?s=19

after they release ww and tp and ss thats just 1 good 3d zelda on switch? so thats breath of the wild then.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finally caught up with the thread and holy poo poo are there a lot of angry dorks itt

Not everything in the direct was aimed at me or seemed good but some things seemed very exciting and some of you need to go take a walk or something this is the fun thread goddamn

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hatty posted:

If it’s not a double pack I’ll probably skip Twilight Princess. Couldn’t even finish the Wii U version.

twilight princess needed a hell of a lot more work than they did to it on wii u to not suck massive amounts of rear end

wind waker on the other hand was an already fantastic game that was made even better on wii u and i will gladly fork over 60 bucks just to play it again

Weedle
May 31, 2006

honestly out of everything announced yesterday i'm most jazzed for famicom detective club. the snes version of 2 is awesome and i always wanted to play the first one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same, I wish they weren't £25 each (if you buy both) but it's payday next week so gently caress it.

E: oh they're not out til May lol

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

The Bloop posted:

Finally caught up with the thread and holy poo poo are there a lot of angry dorks itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thread mascot