Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lansdowne posted:

hell, didn't biden do the same thing at his townhall the other night when someone was saying they couldn't get vaxxed so he wanted to meet personally to arrange it with them afterward?

can't make things broadly functional because then we can't add to the rolodex of anecdotes where they personally moved mountains to save the day for someone.

everybody who wants a vaccine simply has to personally ask joe biden about it while he's on live national tv

seems like a perfectly fine system to me OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/taragolshan/status/1362455120877932550

Don't worry, Joe Manchin knows what you're doing with your life to make it go wrong, and if you get on the phone with him to advocate for a policy, he's going to respond by working with you to sort it all out

"call my office" LOL

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

really wanna find the takes about how "it's only natural that the child of politicians, who grew up in a politics household, would make a natural politician" from a few years back in reference to people trying to push Obama's daughters into politics, and see if any of them are the same people

the best quality of those girls is that they don't want to be in politics. the older one is still getting gigs she isn't qualified for in show business, but at least she isn't going into politics.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

God Hole posted:

i too could become a fashion mogul if the NYT uncritically published my secondhand clothing facebook marketplace pages

shades of the nyt article on 15 year old lena dunham's vegan dinner party

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

selling exactly five pieces of clothing is, like, a normal day's work for an etsy person

I want the NYT to write a front-page article breathlessly praising me for finally fixing my unit-testing issue and then sitting through a bunch of video-chat meetings while shitposting on monitor #2

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

(this is because I have diagnosed ADHD, the article must praise me particularly effusively for coping with this terrible affliction)

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

alarumklok posted:

I like how we completely gave up on ironic dem stanning

what the gently caress are you talking about?

Joe Biden has done a good job.

When you come to the office with a long, extremely obvious history of horrific abuses of minorities and women, when you are objectively and literally a rapist, when you are to the right of most republicans and are a warmongering austerity ghoul, when you built cages and jailed children on concrete floors with tinfoil blankets and when you seem confused about who you are or where you are then you need to give it 110% No 150%

Biden has done that by going to bed early, calling lids on appearances, refusing to address many of the most pressing and horrific government policies, outright lying to peoples faces and being the ignorant shitheaded prick everyone knew he was while he talks down to women and claims black people are dumb and poor for the 30th time.

Let's see you do as good of a job as he did

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Rectal Death Adept posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about?

Joe Biden has done a good job.

When you come to the office with a long, extremely obvious history of horrific abuses of minorities and women, when you are objectively and literally a rapist, when you are to the right of most republicans and are a warmongering austerity ghoul, when you built cages and jailed children on concrete floors with tinfoil blankets and when you seem confused about who you are or where you are then you need to give it 110% No 150%

Biden has done that by going to bed early, calling lids on appearances, refusing to address many of the most pressing and horrific government policies, outright lying to peoples faces and being the ignorant shitheaded prick everyone knew he was while he talks down to women and claims black people are dumb and poor for the 30th time.

Let's see you do as good of a job as he did

u r rite i have been truly owned

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lansdowne posted:

hell, didn't biden do the same thing at his townhall the other night when someone was saying they couldn't get vaxxed so he wanted to meet personally to arrange it with them afterward?

can't make things broadly functional because then we can't add to the rolodex of anecdotes where they personally moved mountains to save the day for someone.

also if you have a functioning social safety net then politicians couldn't lord their power over the plebs like this

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
i wonder what would happen if the congressional dems passed legislation for stimulus and min wage - i know, i know, but hear me out - without getting daddy biden's consent first.

because i can totally see biden vetoing a $15 dollar min wage bill

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Aren't teachers in WV salaried? How would a min wage increase even help them?

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1362454217152200714?s=20
well if this isn’t the stupidest poo poo I’ve ever seen. how’s that relief bill coming btw

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
what hate did trump perpetrate that biden isn't

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
i thought they didnt manage to impeach him a second time

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
no they impeached him twice, they’re just 0 for 2 on convictions

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the 2016 lover posted:

well if this isn’t the stupidest poo poo I’ve ever seen. how’s that relief bill coming btw

I'm so glad they protected the sacred war criminal burial grounds from being tainted!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the 2016 lover posted:

imagine if the legislature of some country in, idk, south america passed a law that totally didn't specifically target a former political leader. if they had natural resources the us would flatten it in the blink of an eye

stellers bae posted:

what hate did trump perpetrate that biden isn't

rudeness

Zhulik posted:

they did, impeachment is just bringing a politician to trial, not actual conviction

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

the 2016 lover posted:

might as well have called it the "every president who doesn't control the house at all times will be impeached twice" act

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Zhulik posted:

Fine print says the house impeached him twice and the senate acquitted him twice. Technically correct, no Pinocchios for the democrats who are good.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

the 2016 lover posted:

this owns, time to posthumously impeach every president 1-2 times now

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

World War Mammories posted:

they did, impeachment is just bringing a politician to trial, not actual conviction

are you telling me "impeachment" is even more useless than i previously thought?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
digging this modern take on the cadaver synod

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zhulik posted:

digging this modern take on the cadaver synod

they literally thought that impeaching a president who was already out of office would singlehandedly end white nationalism, and they would block you if you said otherwise lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Zhulik posted:

are you telling me "impeachment" is even more useless than i previously thought?

:twisted:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

Aren't teachers in WV salaried? How would a min wage increase even help them?

there are almost certainly WV teachers whose salary, if you converted it to wages for a 35 hour work week straight up, not accounting for grading or extracurricular clubs or anything, would fall significantly below $15/hr. pretty sure it has the lowest teacher pay in the nation or close to it.

they will be losing mr. callahan the math teacher to a janitorial position at lowe's if they don't increase teacher salaries after a minimum wage hike

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

selling exactly five pieces of clothing is, like, a normal day's work for an etsy person

I want the NYT to write a front-page article breathlessly praising me for finally fixing my unit-testing issue and then sitting through a bunch of video-chat meetings while shitposting on monitor #2

Yeah but this is just step one on the Chelsea Clinton/Meghan McCain/General Failchild of the Aristocracy evolution. This gig gives them the "experience" for the next one and that gives them the one after and by the time they're 30 they're on the boards of a bunch of non profis and then its self sustaining because look at how accomplished and philanthropic they are! Probably have a couple best selling ghost written books that were bought in bulk by their foundation too!

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Yeah but this is just step one on the Chelsea Clinton/Meghan McCain/General Failchild of the Aristocracy evolution. This gig gives them the "experience" for the next one and that gives them the one after and by the time they're 30 they're on the boards of a bunch of non profis and then its self sustaining because look at how accomplished and philanthropic they are! Probably have a couple best selling ghost written books that were bought in bulk by their foundation too!

look, all you need to do is print out a resume, put on a clean suit, and march into the boss's office with 3 to 5 examples of your twee knitwear and ask for a job. don't forget the firm handshake to seal the deal.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Let's go dems, hate da dems

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Thoguh posted:

This is one of the benefits of wealth that is so hard to articulate. Its not good enough to have the money and contacts to write your golden ticket, we also have to have these people forced into our media, art and culture. Its the Disney kids to stars incestuous pipeline but for politics instead of acting. Its rubbing it right in our faces that we have no power and no recourse.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

the 2016 lover posted:

buddy this is the relief bill

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

the 2016 lover posted:

Meanwhile Republicans across the country are loving with voting access lmao

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the comic relief bill

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

galenanorth posted:

https://twitter.com/taragolshan/status/1362455120877932550

Don't worry, Joe Manchin knows what you're doing with your life to make it go wrong, and if you get on the phone with him to advocate for a policy, he's going to respond by working with you to sort it all out

lol petition the lord of the manor yes hello neofeudalism is here

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Manchin knows his people are just going to blow all that cream on monster truck tires

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Meanwhile Republicans across the country are loving with voting access lmao

Vote!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Breakfast All Day posted:

the comic relief bill

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Let's go dems, hate da dems

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Plank Walker posted:

this owns, time to posthumously impeach every president 1-2 times now

Only Taft and JFK are buried actually buried there, making the bill even more stupid than it originally seems

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast All Day posted:

the comic relief bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Lansdowne posted:

look, all you need to do is print out a resume, put on a clean suit, and march into the boss's office with 3 to 5 examples of your twee knitwear and ask for a job. don't forget the firm handshake to seal the deal.

man I've seen enough documentaries and biographies to know that this was actually true lol