Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

It’s pretty bad and honestly not worth using

You don't know poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Kilo is trash, m13 supremacy.

I've been meta whoring lately and running mac10 on basically all loadouts since it beats everything (you can even beat melee which no other gun can do). Been paring it with snipers (tundra/HDR/kar), but my daytime packetloss takes issue with that so I'll probably switch to mac10/m13 again.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

MF_James posted:

daytime packetloss

Has anyone else been experiencing noticeably worse lag since the latest patches? I feel like mine has been choppy in half of my games.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Random Hero posted:

Has anyone else been experiencing noticeably worse lag since the latest patches? I feel like mine has been choppy in half of my games.

Ahhh my internet is just poo poo atm so this is nothing new.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Speaking from the perspective of Domination in MW, the Grau is pretty outclassed?

I kept playing matches where I started with the Grau and was getting beat on TTK pretty constantly. Then I switched to the Fennec and was getting long shot kills constantly while melting in TTK races. The Grau, in my dumb rear end old hands, also seemed pretty bad at hip fire. But that could just be me.

For Domination, which AR wins - X13 or the M4A1? Those are the two I've spent the most time with and cannot figure which one is better.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m about that FFAR life now baby.

Did they buff the FFAR recently or something? It was really good at Cold War's launch but then got nerfed pretty quick, and it's been fairly terrible every time I've used it (admittedly only as a last resort after dropping into the map). The most solid Cold War AR is the Krig in my book. As far as the MW ARs go, I have recently rediscovered the joys of the CR-56 AMAX, and the FR 5.56 is always solid.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Il off the AR train. Been using the PKM again lately and loving it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Gordon Shumway posted:

Did they buff the FFAR recently or something? It was really good at Cold War's launch but then got nerfed pretty quick, and it's been fairly terrible every time I've used it (admittedly only as a last resort after dropping into the map). The most solid Cold War AR is the Krig in my book. As far as the MW ARs go, I have recently rediscovered the joys of the CR-56 AMAX, and the FR 5.56 is always solid.

Guns have completely different damage/range profiles in warzone and cold war.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Captain Log posted:

Speaking from the perspective of Domination in MW, the Grau is pretty outclassed?

I kept playing matches where I started with the Grau and was getting beat on TTK pretty constantly. Then I switched to the Fennec and was getting long shot kills constantly while melting in TTK races. The Grau, in my dumb rear end old hands, also seemed pretty bad at hip fire. But that could just be me.

For Domination, which AR wins - X13 or the M4A1? Those are the two I've spent the most time with and cannot figure which one is better.

I like the M13 or the Amax if its a larger map/longer sight lines. M13 absolutely a laser

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

veni veni veni posted:

Il off the AR train. Been using the PKM again lately and loving it.
Kinda miss my PKM/whatever build with 200 rd mags. Just shoot all fuckin' day. Downside is it made me slow as poo poo and I kept getting picked off because I couldn't cover open ground fast enough.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Whichever AR requires me to "club five people to death with an AR fifteen times" might as well not exist. No way in hell I'm going to spend all my time trying to club people with a two hit melee when TTK on guns is a fraction of a second.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

Kinda miss my PKM/whatever build with 200 rd mags. Just shoot all fuckin' day. Downside is it made me slow as poo poo and I kept getting picked off because I couldn't cover open ground fast enough.

Avoid extended mags like the plague. Just kit it out for mobility and range. Amped is an essential perk and makes it so switching only takes about a second. Snatch grip, VLK, Long barrel, mono suppresser, then probably tac laser, stippled, or fast reload. I think the last attachment is players choice. That'll make it only marginally less mobile than an AR unless you have to reload. Just carry a good SMG as a secondary for tight spaces and any running you have to do. base mag is 100 rounds which is still almost twice as many shots as most people have. It's enough to wipe a squad and have bullets to spare in the right circumstances. The loss of mobility with extended mags is just not worth it at all imo.

Bloody does the 200 round, super slow, no amped PKM thing and it stresses me out just watching him play lol. It's takes like 6 seconds for him to switch to the gun and ADS.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 18, 2021

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif

RCarr posted:

If not the Grau, what’s the best mid/long range AR currently?

Short-to-Mid: AMAX w/ Mono, Zodiac, TacLzr, Ranger Grip, 45rd (teams) or Stippled Tape (solos).
Mid-to-Long: PKM w/ Tac Suppr, TacLzr, VLK/Scout, Snatch Grip, Stippled Tape.

Forced to choose, I'd take the AMAX, but PKM has always been a winner.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

PKM isn't an AR though... If you're adding in LMGs, just go bruen, so much better than the PKM.

Are we talking warzone? AMAX is probably what I see the most, I'm partial to the M13, grau is still decently popular/not bad.

FFAR is a great close-mid AR but so is the AMAX.

Honestly haven't been running ARs much lately, mostly HDR/KAR/AWP + Mac10

MF_James fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 18, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MF_James posted:

PKM isn't an AR though... If you're adding in LMGs, just go bruen, so much better than the PKM.

:lol: what is this? August 2020? The Bruen was nerfed to hell like 6 months ago and the PKM outclasses it by far.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That’s not what my internet friend said

MF_James
May 8, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

:lol: what is this? August 2020? The Bruen was nerfed to hell like 6 months ago and the PKM outclasses it by far.

"nerfed to hell" PKM and bruen are essentially the same gun (slightly different ADS times and reload times, I think the damage profiles are the same but I can't find any trustworthy stats right now. The 60rnd conversion is still just fine, the recoil nerf was not that bad.

Guy in our group regularly runs the bruen 60rnd and drops around 10 or more kills a game, has an overall K/D of 1.88, which is probably brought down by being bad starting; his last 10 games he has 7 with 8+ kills.

Have you bothered to use the Bruen since the nerf? Probably not, I probably should just ignore you going forward.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have. Quite a bit actually. I do not think the Bruen is bad at all even after the nerf, but it clearly not as good as the PKM especially at range.

And yes "nerfed to hell" is accurate because it was easily the best gun in WZ and now it's just a perfectly fine gun. They literally nerfed like 5 attributes on it on multiple occasions. It was downgraded in more depts. than any other gun in WZ afaik.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Maybe you 2 should 1v1 to settle this.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Having used both BRUEN / PKM. I think it comes down to personal preference. Honestly the gun you use really depends on who you play with and their style. If your squad is more aggressive, AMAX / MAC10 is probably the way to go since it lets you keep up with aggressive movement and pushing.

If they're more laidback and prefer long range fights, take an SPR or HDR instead?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm here being a doofus with a holger in the corner

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

The Bruen was nerfed, but then the the kilo was also nerfed, then a bunch of guns (including the Bruen) were buffed again. When they nerfed the Bruen it still had 3 damage tiers, but now it only has 2. It's minimum damage is 28 @ 750 rpm which makes it extremely good at range again. It's not great at close but with guns like the Bullfrog and Mac10 it doesn't need to be. The current meta is sniper/Mac10 but among the full-autos the Bruen is once again a top-tier pick.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 18, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do you like zombies?

Do you like.... many zombies???

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1362363972020748291?s=21

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Can't wait to see what jank-rear end half developed bullshit they're going to stuff into the game this time!

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
FFAR has almost no damage drop off with the ranger barrel and agency suppressor. Just tap tap on dudes at range and you'll get a down in 4-5 hits. Use the Silix or the hawksmoor scope. Truss me bruddah

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
So if I buy the battle pass (aka 1.000 CP) I stand to get back 1.300 CP which will allow me to buy the next battle pass? So do you like only pay once in essence or am I missing something here? :thunk:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zwille posted:

So if I buy the battle pass (aka 1.000 CP) I stand to get back 1.300 CP which will allow me to buy the next battle pass? So do you like only pay once in essence or am I missing something here? :thunk:

Yeah that’s it. Fortnite started it forever ago and “most” passes do the same thing. It also means you’re not spending money on cosmetics (which is what they want you to do)

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid
You need to budget 6900 COD points for anime guns also

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

This battle pass is almost up though, I think only 8 days left on it or something. Wait until the next one because you don't get your points returned unless you finish/get very close to finishing all the tiers.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah that’s why I’m asking, I got like 300 free points now but it’s either buy 500 or 1100 or 2400, which all doesn’t work out. Or do the free points reset?

I’m waiting anyway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

The Bruen was nerfed, but then the the kilo was also nerfed, then a bunch of guns (including the Bruen) were buffed again. When they nerfed the Bruen it still had 3 damage tiers, but now it only has 2. It's minimum damage is 28 @ 750 rpm which makes it extremely good at range again. It's not great at close but with guns like the Bullfrog and Mac10 it doesn't need to be. The current meta is sniper/Mac10 but among the full-autos the Bruen is once again a top-tier pick.

Ok that one is on me then. I did use it a lot after the big nerf, but missed that it was buffed again. I've really only used them if I picked one up off the ground since and thought it was perfectly fine, but was not compelled to go back and make another Bruen loadout.

And yeah the 60 round mag doesn't have the novelty it's used to, because I only care about mobility to the point that it isn't overly cumbersome, since like you said, I'm going to be carrying a MAC 10 with amped anyways. I don't really need it to be that mobile.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The storm southwest of the map is closer and there’s a boat in it now. Also a distress signal plays when you are flying over the prison.

WizWoz
Feb 22, 2007

I'm the best,
maybe

Captain Log posted:

Whichever AR requires me to "club five people to death with an AR fifteen times" might as well not exist. No way in hell I'm going to spend all my time trying to club people with a two hit melee when TTK on guns is a fraction of a second.

Just stick fast melee, no stock and breacher device (or bayonet on the ak47!) on whatever and you're good to go!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

WizWoz posted:

Just stick fast melee, no stock and breacher device (or bayonet on the ak47!) on whatever and you're good to go!

Yeah actually if shipment is up it's pretty easy to do with the M4 w. breacher/short barrel/no stock/fast melee & double time

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

i greatly prefer the way battlefield 4 handled weapon damage stats - damage/range is dependent on the caliber of the round (so all 5.56mms do the same damage, 7.62s do more damage etc) and the rest of the stats are what the weapon itself control.

that said i went back to play that recently on xbox and it has not aged well. the controls and feel are so clunky compared to MW2019

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrcWhwjOpT4

I'm really bad at video games and managed to lose a round of Warzone despite knocking the last player.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Nottherealaborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrcWhwjOpT4

I'm really bad at video games and managed to lose a round of Warzone despite knocking the last player.

You are literally the worst player that I have ever seen

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

WizWoz posted:

:stare:

I totally did not think of that. .

omg chael crash posted:

You are literally the worst player that I have ever seen

Boy howdy, should I press record for you.

I received Cold War as an extremely generous gift from a friend who heard I was thinking about it. I only played it for a few hours, so my thoughts are very preliminary -

- The single player campaign is actually interesting enough that I'm not forced to turbo skip bog standard Seal Team Six edgy drama.

- The multiplayer feels really different, but I literally only got in a hour or two. I'd say MW had better graphics/feel, but the Cold War maps had a lot more visual variety that I liked. The guns seem pretty loving cool, too. I can finally use all those blueprints I unlocked! I managed to come in first for two domination rounds, then land next to or dead last. Gotta learn these maps.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
What's the best use of Prestige Keys? I'm not sure what needs to be used up before the new season starts in a few days and I've got three of them to burn.

Also, to both MW and Cold War - I'm not sure I like people being able to sniper headshot me while they're jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Laserface posted:

that said i went back to play that recently on xbox and it has not aged well. the controls and feel are so clunky compared to MW2019

This is kinda funny, because I recently had an impulse to fire up Battlefield 3 again. I havent played it since 2015, but man, I took to it like a fish to water. For me, movement and shooting in BF3 feels way more fluid and intuitive than MW.

Where in MW i struggle to not end up in last place, and consistently seem to have a negative KD ratio, in BF3 i easily get top three, almost without trying and avg kd ratio of 2.

I guess there is something about MW that just dont jive with me for some reason. I usually quickly figure out the ins and outs of FPS games, but MW has me stumped, and I dont know why. Anybody else having this problem?