Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

pigz posted:

So they are cutting Medicare in order to give some people checks and expanded unemployment is that all?
LOL

Between this and Cuomo's plan for the nursing homes, the Democrat Party seems dead set on culling the old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they have majorities in both houses and can barely pass their signature pandemic legislation. they're going to get slaughtered.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Organ Fiend posted:

Between this and Cuomo's plan for the nursing homes, the Democrat Party seems dead set on culling the old.

good thing the old don't vote

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

pigz posted:

So they are cutting Medicare in order to give some people checks and expanded unemployment is that all?
LOL

What is this about medicare?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

What is this about medicare?

they cutting it in reconciliation and then hoping to undo that later on because they want to be tagged as the party that cut medicare.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
they're bad at politics

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

they're desperate for a strong stable republican party that definitely wont be run by crazies this time

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Judakel posted:

they cutting it in reconciliation and then hoping to undo that later on because they want to be tagged as the party that cut medicare.

Link?

Also lmao biden will get the destruction of the new deal he has worked for.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1362569791601532928

he's just trying to overload our outrage sensors by breaking all the promises at once on a Thursday evening

I like all the replies saying this isn't technically a scoop because we already knew Biden didn't support it

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The Democrats!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Organ Fiend posted:

remembering when Ezekiel Emanuel wrote an article about killing old people once they stop generating wealth for Wall St

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I like all the replies saying this isn't technically a scoop because we already knew Biden didn't support it

and that therefore he shouldn't be criticized for it lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Judakel posted:

Ahahahaha

So Biden won on a blue wave that was primarily suburban republicans switching to Dem to elect a lovely candidate that will eat all the failures of the next 4 years right

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

I love the gaslighting by idiots who will swear up and down that of course he supports good policy X right up until biden says "lol no I don't dumbass" at which point the goals shift to "why would you ever think he supported it? He's not left wing, maybe if you just organized more."

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
democrat party gonna get curb stomped in the midterms, you love to see it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

I love the gaslighting by idiots who will swear up and down that of course he supports good policy X right up until biden says "lol no I don't dumbass" at which point the goals shift to "why would you ever think he supported it? He's not left wing, maybe if you just organized more."

actually he's the most progressive president in history, he's just pragmatic and knows you need every single seat in congress to pass anything at all

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Most progressive president ever lol

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

There are still kids in cages

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DavidOAtkins/status/1362593010664398852?s=19

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
hes tge president of all americans, and since congress is barely barely tilted for the democrats, old fair joe has to play goalie or the dang budget or whatever gently caress you

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

noted tankie idol vladimir putin

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

they got the blacks and the whites marrying on tv and thats plenty of progress for joe biden

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
plz don't post either of the atkins shitlords in here w/o nms tags, thx

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

they got the blacks and the whites marrying on tv and thats plenty of progress for joe biden

i still think he was actually complaining that it was happening at all rather than praising it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

its always half complaint half self praise, old white man observations about "progress"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

its always half complaint half self praise, old white man observations about "progress"

so he's mad that it's happening but wants any positive credit for it anyway

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

It's just what they did for Obama again.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Yinlock posted:

i still think he was actually complaining that it was happening at all rather than praising it

just like that time he said you cant get a job at 7-11 without an Indian accent, he was praising it

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Judakel posted:

What could possibly go wrong??

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the democrat party just imploding at an incredible, yet boring, rate

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

Joe has creepy dead black doll eyes.

They aren't even eyes.

They're a void. His face is like a rubber mask stretched over a lidless corpse.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Feb 19, 2021

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

You should hear her talk.

I very rarely watch video of any kind on the intertubes but that particular genre, people taking to their phones in their car...even just the thumbnail gives me instant revulsion. Oaklys on a gammon in his truck, turtleneck on a lib in their prius, :barf:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Has Joe Biden freed Matey yet

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

tactlessbastard posted:

I very rarely watch video of any kind on the intertubes but that particular genre, people taking to their phones in their car...even just the thumbnail gives me instant revulsion. Oaklys on a gammon in his truck, turtleneck on a lib in their prius, :barf:

the entire genre is just preaching to the choir

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Man I miss uyghur hair splitting era in cspam. it pisses people off to an incredible degree.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Has Joe Biden freed Matey yet

Joe Biden just quietly announced to press that he has executed Matey

He wishes he could have freed him, but what's done is done

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

no one wants to go to war with china

lol except for defense contractors, with which the US govt is festooned

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

Joe Biden just quietly announced to press that he has executed Matey

He wishes he could have freed him, but what's done is done

Freed from this mortal coil. Promises made, promises kept.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Reality Protester posted:

just like that time he said you cant get a job at 7-11 without an Indian accent, he was praising it

I think he said you can't go INTO a 7-11 without an indian accent

which while racist, makes no sense lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1362569791601532928

he's just trying to overload our outrage sensors by breaking all the promises at once on a Thursday evening

wow four weeks in and already a complete and utter failure. thats gotta be a record