Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm at like 60 rolls into character banner, with like 2 tenrolls in stock. I'm gonna roll hard for Hu Tao and Xingqiu (assuming bookboy is on the banner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

No Wave posted:

Ning will almost for sure be in shop next month or the one after. There are only four 4*s that haven't been in the shop yet (Ning, Xinyan, Diona, Xingqiu).

Sucrose was in the shop? When the hell did I miss that?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sucrose wasn't in the shop. Chongyun also hasn't been.

So far it's been:
  • Razor/Amber
  • Bennett/Lisa
  • Barbara/Kaeya
  • Fischl/Xiangling
  • Beidou/Noelle

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh thank god, I was about to be furious with myself.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ah whoops. The rumor is that it's XQ/Ning next month but it can always change.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Rolled a 5* BS feather from the Dragonspine domain. Crit rate (lowest), flat DEF, crit DMG (highest). Took a chance on it. Substat adds have been DEF%, crit rate up, flat DEF up, crit rate up. Hoping for another crit up on the +20.

Gotta love having RNG on artifact rarity, set type, slot type, main stat type, number of initial substats, substat type, and substat value, then substat type and value rolled again up to five more times.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

All the lovely artifact RNG makes it all the sweeter when you finally hit the jackpot with stuff like this

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This last set of quests was weird. Illumiscreen 3 made me feel bad. Qingce was a strange place to end this event.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I just started playing around with ning and albedo, who make the best supports? diona makes shields, but that might be overkill. double pyro seems nice, but the elemental coverage is really weak. c6 fischl seems like a good candidate, but she's friendship 10 so using her is clearly off the table

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
We’re best of friends! Now get out of my party forever

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Albedo's skill does like 10k per hit with all your bad defensive artifacts

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

padijun posted:

I just started playing around with ning and albedo, who make the best supports? diona makes shields, but that might be overkill. double pyro seems nice, but the elemental coverage is really weak. c6 fischl seems like a good candidate, but she's friendship 10 so using her is clearly off the table

Ning is not picky about supports since she's a greedy non-reaction DPS. Having someone to apply an element so you can crystallize reliably is good, though. Bennett is always a solid choice, but otherwise, go wild.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Now that I have Ning (and with C2 out of the gate to boot), does Zhongli's hold skill interact with the Ning's jade screen?

It seems like you could run some big explosions if Zhongli can blow up the screen.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Zhongli's hold E doesn't do anything special to constructs, sadly. Would've been cool if it could detonate Geo MC's rocks.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Well, all Geo constructs resonate with a Stele if it's out so Zhongli does kind of interact with them at least, right?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Sexual Aluminum posted:

We’re best of friends! Now get out of my party forever

namecards are far more important than having the best team!

MajorBonnet posted:

Ning is not picky about supports since she's a greedy non-reaction DPS. Having someone to apply an element so you can crystallize reliably is good, though. Bennett is always a solid choice, but otherwise, go wild.

yeah, kind of figured that's the case. I guess I just gravitate toward spotlight hog DPS. first was razor, then childe, then diluc, now ning

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

padijun posted:

yeah, kind of figured that's the case. I guess I just gravitate toward spotlight hog DPS. first was razor, then childe, then diluc, now ning

I think that's just the nature of a DPS character. Ning is actually less greedy than others as it's easy to pop her skill or burst and swap. The only thing you'll potentially lose swapping off her is Star Jades.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:negative: 30 wishes on Keqing and 8 on the standard banner and no Ningguang, Fischl or Noelle so far.

I got Diona and Lisa C1s, of all things

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Should I get Chongyun from the event, since he's the only one who I don't have? He'd probably be mostly useless for me, since I'd only use him for Cryo resonance with Ganyu, and his skill seems anti-useful for Ganyu, so it's prabably better to wait for Rosaria/Ayaka

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Should I get Chongyun from the event, since he's the only one who I don't have? He'd probably be mostly useless for me, since I'd only use him for Cryo resonance with Ganyu, and his skill seems anti-useful for Ganyu, so it's prabably better to wait for Rosaria/Ayaka

Chong offers cryo infusion, which is a nifty skill to have. He'll pretty much be the best off-cryo in a freeze comp because he can get rid of their split damage. Plus benny/chong melt is nice.

Pairing with ganyu you'd probably want Diona or Qiqi, they're the only cryo who give her value other than resonance.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you don't see value in him for what teams you're currently running or want to build, don't pick him

he runs as either main carry or support in freeze/melt teams, acting as a cryo enabler for freeze (melee weapons only) and usually the trigger on melt (notably through his unique burst)

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Well, I now have to ignore the big red exclamation point prompting me to activate Bennett's C6 for all eternity. Thanks, game. Thame.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Today in overworld perks, I realized you can mine with Zhongli's stele. I walked into the cave near the Mingyun Village waypoint with the local rocks + two geo crystalflies and popped a hold E to nuke the geo slime's shield and give Klee my own. Knocked him outside with Klee and when I came back in all the rocks were lootable. That's wild and incredibly useful for efficient mining in contested locations.

Also I swapped Klee off my overworld team for a few days because the VA lines are finally getting to me and I'd forgotten how much weight she pulls in overworld. Pyro and greatsword element utility, local specialty vision for Montstadt, able to slot Lost Prayer for movement speed increase. I was slower, I couldn't burn anything with anyone but Benny, I wasn't getting specialties between dailies, and I couldn't mine for poo poo. Lesson learned lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

Today in overworld perks, I realized you can mine with Zhongli's stele. I walked into the cave near the Mingyun Village waypoint with the local rocks + two geo crystalflies and popped a hold E to nuke the geo slime's shield and give Klee my own. Knocked him outside with Klee and when I came back in all the rocks were lootable. That's wild and incredibly useful for efficient mining in contested locations.

Also I swapped Klee off my overworld team for a few days because the VA lines are finally getting to me and I'd forgotten how much weight she pulls in overworld. Pyro and greatsword element utility, local specialty vision for Montstadt, able to slot Lost Prayer for movement speed increase. I was slower, I couldn't burn anything with anyone but Benny, I wasn't getting specialties between dailies, and I couldn't mine for poo poo. Lesson learned lol

Razor's Hold E also does the same thing for mining ores. How does Klee do with that? I assume that your surprise at Zhongli's ability to do so means it's about as effective as Ninggaung. I always assumed it was one hit to blow everything up since they're bombs.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Zhongli's hold E breaks all ore, it doesn't have anything to do with the stele

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anything in the gold AOE he throws out gets broken, stuff around the outside edge should still take some damage too. the initial placement of the stele can damage ore but the pulses don't so it's just a waste of time.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

lol my exp tho

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

dogsicle posted:

anything in the gold AOE he throws out gets broken, stuff around the outside edge should still take some damage too. the initial placement of the stele can damage ore but the pulses don't so it's just a waste of time.

stele pulses can pick fruit off of trees tho

:cool:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
also like, 90 percent of these lantern rite quests are really loving stupid. great value! but really, really boring and these last 5 really are the bottom of the barrel. the loving poetry one literally has you just going from one location to the next, doing nothing at each location, for you to end up where you started. another asks you for items you're pretty much guaranteed to have, but no no no they need to be this specific flower from one of the most inconvenient climbs in liyue or this specific lotus head at this specific span of time and just

god. if it weren't for all the primos i'd ignore them entirely

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8717

Another web event

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the thing about the Qingce quests that put me off was how it felt like building to a nice conclusion of you coming together with the whole village even though everyone might not have their family there (like Traveler), with Granny Ruoxin even saying you could invite NPCs to join. but then the first couple NPCs in the immediate area just act as they usually do, so i assumed the whole premise of inviting people wasn't real and just concluded the quest. granted the quest still fizzles out without even a cutscene or musing on you joining in this sort of family-of-circumstance. :sigh:

getting a bit of a funny/sweet conclusion to the Vermeer/Qingzhou rivalry was nice and the whole thing made Qingzhou feel less self-important than some of his prior appearances. least favorite of the whole event batch was the game forcing me to help Little Que'er yet again as if i don't already dread her commission.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I think it was answered up thread but I’m trying to build my Geo team and I’ve got a 90 Zhongli, 90 (C5)Ningguang, 80 (C6) Diona... Who would make a good 4th? I was thinking just throwing my C6 Fischl but would anyone else be better? I have pretty much every character so :shrug:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think my least favorite part of the event was having to go back to Mondstadt to talk to Kaeya because apparently that same raven sigil on every medal dropped by a treasure hoarder we’ve fought suddenly loses all meaning drawn into wood instead

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

MarcusSA posted:

I think it was answered up thread but I’m trying to build my Geo team and I’ve got a 90 Zhongli, 90 (C5)Ningguang, 80 (C6) Diona... Who would make a good 4th? I was thinking just throwing my C6 Fischl but would anyone else be better? I have pretty much every character so :shrug:

You're not going to get much mileage out of Superconduct reactions unless you plan on using Zhongli's basic attacks. Of course, C6 Fischl is amazing in and of herself, so she's probably your best pick anyway. OTOH, it might be fun to try Xingqiu, since Geo attacks can proc Shatter on frozen enemies.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like they probably should've had some quests that involved actual Liyue party members, who are now less developed than a lot of random NPCs. Like, there was a quest about the Guhua sword school, but no Xingqiu. A quest about the Wangmin Restaurant, but no Xiangling. Yes, I know they actually did bother to make nods to them in the dialog, but why aren't they allowed to show up? Why can't we give them lanterns, and see what they wished for?

This game seems to be allergic to using its own characters outside of their Designated Cameos in the main story and their character quests.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

most of the lantern quests are like go here, come back, go here now, then there, ok come back, now follow me for a bit while I stop to talk occasionally. they're the worst kind of daily quest but 3x as long

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bloody Emissary posted:

You're not going to get much mileage out of Superconduct reactions unless you plan on using Zhongli's basic attacks. Of course, C6 Fischl is amazing in and of herself, so she's probably your best pick anyway. OTOH, it might be fun to try Xingqiu, since Geo attacks can proc Shatter on frozen enemies.

Hmm this might be a good idea but Diona can apply frost too so I dunno!

I’ll play around with it but no one really comes to mind as a 4th.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Framboise posted:

\the loving poetry one literally has you just going from one location to the next, doing nothing at each location, for you to end up where you started. another asks you for items you're pretty much guaranteed to have, but no no no they need to be this specific flower from one of the most inconvenient climbs in liyue or this specific lotus head at this specific span of time

Pretty sure you're just not the target audience here. Both of these are basically 'check out this scenery' and I suspect the peak and that one viewing spot next to Dandy are to lead more casual players to find them in an otherwise mostly 'quiet' area.

But the fact you can only invite one more kid (I tried with the other three out around the village) to the lantern-release gathering is some lazy bullshit

dogsicle posted:

the thing about the Qingce quests that put me off was how it felt like building to a nice conclusion of you coming together with the whole village even though everyone might not have their family there (like Traveler), with Granny Ruoxin even saying you could invite NPCs to join. but then the first couple NPCs in the immediate area just act as they usually do, so i assumed the whole premise of inviting people wasn't real and just concluded the quest. granted the quest still fizzles out without even a cutscene or musing on you joining in this sort of family-of-circumstance. :sigh:

getting a bit of a funny/sweet conclusion to the Vermeer/Qingzhou rivalry was nice and the whole thing made Qingzhou feel less self-important than some of his prior appearances. least favorite of the whole event batch was the game forcing me to help Little Que'er yet again as if i don't already dread her commission.

This reminds me, I found the waitress being former Guhua to be a pleasant surprise turn of events and the whole slow walk thing to be appropriately melancholic for that section. But then they follow up with having to go right back to those two dumbasses to finish the quest which was dumb as poo poo

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Karia posted:

Well, I now have to ignore the big red exclamation point prompting me to activate Bennett's C6 for all eternity. Thanks, game. Thame.

It would be pretty okay if the "all damage is pyro" only applied to Benny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

booksnake posted:

This reminds me, I found the waitress being former Guhua to be a pleasant surprise turn of events and the whole slow walk thing to be appropriately melancholic for that section. But then they follow up with having to go right back to those two dumbasses to finish the quest which was dumb as poo poo

yeah, i think if they just had walk speed actually keep up with the NPC this section wouldn't even seem that bad. it's just weird that your options are either immediately overtake her with normal movespeed or switch to walking and lag a good ways behind.