Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

These people will switch sides at a whim for the sake of fighting the culture war.

https://twitter.com/vadimnewquist/status/1359728848166862848?s=19

It has nothing to do with the actual material.

Big thanks to vadimnewquist for collecting all those headlines into two easy to refer to pictures as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's funny because those people also have like zero convictions too. Call for a boycott of Disney+, but then suggest their followers just pirate if they really still want to watch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The #1 rule to be a grifter is to never have convinctions

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That's how you become a senator

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

MorningMoon posted:

That's how you become a senator

same diff

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

It's funny because those people also have like zero convictions too. Call for a boycott of Disney+, but then suggest their followers just pirate if they really still want to watch.

I mean, if they pirate the show that's still boycotting the platform isnt it?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I mean, if they pirate the show that's still boycotting the platform isnt it?

If the issue is "we're mad at Disney for taking this person off a show hosted on Disney+" it comes across as a pretty weak protest.

If it was like "gently caress <company> for overcharging for <x> in our region" - yeah, piracy makes sense as a protest.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

:lol:

Someone complained to Pat saying he talks about Zangief too much on the podcast and that Paige is too loud. So to spite him, Pat decided that this week he would go into graphic detail about how his dog keeps cumming everywhere.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 15, 2021

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
I don't understand these people who listen to the podcast but clearly don't get who the boys are. Like those people who complain when they go off on a huge fighting game tangent. It's part of the brand.
Of course Pat's going to talk about dog bodily fluids if someone complains about it. That's who he's been since he got Gief.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Also the concept of the Z-Targettable Colostomy Bag Weak Point is *still* haunting Pat's psyche so bringing up dog nut, potato mold, and disgusting bodily functions is his ongoing slow revenge against Woolie.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Woolie got to fight against a member of Holostars in Guilty Gear Strive, in a seemingly lagless match for being all the way across the world.
https://twitter.com/soulless009/status/1362007689761419274

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Does Woolie ever win big matches anymore?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Grouchio posted:

Does Woolie ever win big matches anymore?

That's implying Woolie ever won big matches to begin with. :v:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
At least Woolie showed us he knows how to play.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Red Minjo posted:

Woolie got to fight against a member of Holostars in Guilty Gear Strive, in a seemingly lagless match for being all the way across the world.
https://twitter.com/soulless009/status/1362007689761419274

Shien's a hottie.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also a great singer

https://youtu.be/NA5xhslmJ2w

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Vandar posted:

That's implying Woolie ever won big matches to begin with. :v:

The crew beat yo videogames a decade ago.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Him and Astel are just so good :swoon:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I must be getting old cause I have no idea what Holostars is

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Big Scary Owl posted:

I must be getting old cause I have no idea what Holostars is

You know the whole vtuber thing? It's an all-guys group of that.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It's basically the male side of hololive yeah, since japanese idol culture has it be taboo for them to be mixed(Just kill idol culture already)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Thankfully vtuber stuff has cracked that at least some already, Nijisanji has both guys and girls in their stuff and they're like the next biggest group up next to holo-stuff.

Blockhouse posted:

There are Hololive girls who interact with the Holostars and don't give a poo poo who it makes angry like Fubuki and Matsuri, at least

Yeah, they're in like split M/F brands, but they still collab plenty with each other.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 17, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There are Hololive girls who interact with the Holostars and don't give a poo poo who it makes angry like Fubuki and Matsuri, at least

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought Nijisanji was even bigger than Hololive in Japan, at that.

Also Nijisanji has at least one non-binary Vtuber, Melissa Kinrenka, so that's cool.

But yeah, Cover separating Hololive and Holostars officially doesn't mean that much to a lot of the Vtubers themselves, and that seems to only be increasing by the day.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Idiot question about vtubers - are these just avatars of real-life people or AIs that procedurally generate commentary to gameplay? I've never watched one, just been curious.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Deified Data posted:

Idiot question about vtubers - are these just avatars of real-life people or AIs that procedurally generate commentary to gameplay? I've never watched one, just been curious.

The former. AI is nowhere near advanced enough to do that lol.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nijisanji is bigger than hololive still, as a company. Their fanbase is mostly Japanese and generally Japanese don't throw out subs as willingly as na.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Also if you want proof youtube is incapable of running the platform at all you can look no further than coco kiryu, has pretty much constant hate from chinese people who are illegally using vpns to even get on youtube, causing her streams to get nuked by youtube like at least once a stream it feels due to mass reports, oh and she's also basically the biggest earner on youtube(Biggest earner in terms of donations, not sure in general, at least in the top 10 though)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, I think VTubers are where I finally missed the newest trend bus. All of a sudden it's massive and I'm like "poo poo, there's DEEP LORE about this dragon girl".

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Nalesh posted:

coco kiryu, has pretty much constant hate from chinese people who are illegally using vpns to even get on youtube
Wumao Everywhere System, lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dias posted:

Man, I think VTubers are where I finally missed the newest trend bus. All of a sudden it's massive and I'm like "poo poo, there's DEEP LORE about this dragon girl".

Pat and Woolie have deep lore too, Vtubers are just streamers with a little bit more protection between them and insane fans

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Pat and Woolie have deep lore too, Vtubers are just streamers with a little bit more protection between them and insane fans

Oh, I know, I mean I didn't see it happen. Like, even with vocaloids I got in early on the trend, VTubers were already a big thing when I found out about it. It's not surprising per se, just caught me by surprise.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

Oh, I know, I mean I didn't see it happen. Like, even with vocaloids I got in early on the trend, VTubers were already a big thing when I found out about it. It's not surprising per se, just caught me by surprise.
The Vtuber industry exploded with the advent of the pandemic keeping people indoors, seeking solace on youtube.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah the speed it took prominence was unbelievable, and like, when the English Vtubers popped up their rise was straight nonsense, gawr gura's rise was like a missile, she's pretty new and already at 2.25 million subs

To give you an idea I have included a helpful video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lcOyt_403U&hd=1

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I hope virtual idols talking about having babies with their co-worker's pussys spills over into real life idols so the nuclear fallout toxicity of purity idealism can be thrown in the garbage.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tupperwarez posted:

Wumao Everywhere System, lol

Ah, that explains a lot.

Like, a few weeks ago, Nigel Ng (the YouTuber who created/plays Uncle Roger) took down a collab video he did with Mike Chen (of Simply Dumpling, a food/travel vlog channel) because of all the complaints he got about Chen. Chen immigrated to the States from China as a child and has been publicly critical of China for years now, which apparently triggered a LOT of complaints on Ng's channel from his Chinese audience, and I couldn't figure out why the hell that would be since I thought YouTube was blocked in China. Surely any Chinese audience that Ng would have wouldn't be actually in China, I thought!

How naïve of me.

miniscule12 posted:

I hope virtual idols talking about having babies with their co-worker's pussys spills over into real life idols so the nuclear fallout toxicity of purity idealism can be thrown in the garbage.

:hmmyes:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

miniscule12 posted:

Some of the vtubers are already Very Horny, so one can only hope sooner or later.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

miniscule12 posted:

I hope virtual idols talking about having babies with their co-worker's pussys

What

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Here you go.

She bred their Minecraft cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Most Vtubers and the like are Goblins in personality.

The HololiveENG squad are a level beyond Goblin. They're hobgoblins, spending most of the time calling each other horrible things or being insane chattering beasts.

They're great.