Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I actually do like Reply All, but that was uncomfortable to watch. I get doing something like this in the "writing an angry letter you trash immediately afterwards" sense, but actually hitting publish...

It was also around ten years ago, so hopefully she's sort of chilled out about the internet a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's fun to read the old thread because everyone was angry and refusing to accept that something so badly drawn was published, but then within a year things calmed down and everyone agreed that the art is hilariously terrible, but writing isn't too bad (by newspaper comic standards).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Green Intern posted:

Those poor white kids. How terrible for them. The Injustice.
I was definitely looking for the "Whites Only" sign there.

F Minus

That's actually more impressive really.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

These two need to bone.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

lol that as soon as she hit a snag she immediately whines to her mom about it. She doesn't even try to be professional and address her mom by her title or anything.

SubNat posted:

Club life in Moominvalley

Huh, I thought when the Moomins were blushing they turned red.

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Wow, gently caress this sexual assaulting creep. Atte, you need to :sever:, stat.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

amigolupus posted:

Huh, I thought when the Moomins were blushing they turned red.

Well, it's less a blush and more that she contract-cursed herself in the first strip.
I assume blushes are red as usual.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (July 31, 1933)

Peanuts (February 21, 1974)

The quotes around "trivia" mark this one as a new word...or at least new for the way they're using it here.

Drink In The Godlike Splendor of Harry Dinkle

Crankshaft

9 So-Unspeakably-Creepy Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 20, 1937)

Out Our Way (February 17-19, 1936)

Toonerville Folks (Published in New Orleans March 22, 25-26 (17th in other places), 1917; in April '17 we sync up with the one true timeline, and then you'll see...)

Dok's "Superior Firepower" Duck (June 17, 1913)

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i love the powerful katrinka and tomboy taylor :3

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

nishi koichi posted:

i love the powerful katrinka and tomboy taylor :3

Same. They're role models all girls should aspire to :allears:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

This scan turned out great. I used unsharp mask in Photoshop and it helped immensely

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I hate this Zits storyline soooooo much for using an absolutely toothless strawman statement at the center of a bad faith argument about cancel culture. Cause golly, if they can "cancel" Jeremy for merely making an innocent observation about penguins, what will they cancel you for? There's no way Scott would have let Jeremy say something actually repellant and ignorant, because then the aftermath would have/should have involved him actually listening to people and learning something and making amends rather than just pointing his head up and hollering "WHAT DID I DO!?!"

Scott and Borgman are sliding down the same aging white male trail that Rick Detorie blazed for 'em, and I'm pretty disappointed.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

readingatwork posted:

Robbie and Bobby
(Mar 25, 2019)

nishi koichi posted:

robbie and bobby is always good, but this is amazing

Christina's World!

B Kliban

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Sept. 7th, 1940

amigolupus posted:

I hate how Axa isn't even the one to pull Nero down to the arena. She's really not allowed to do anything other than look like a sexy lamp.

I agree with your initial comment that this story ends in a very weird way. It's nice that Axa and Jason parted ways amicably, but it's weird how it just glosses over all the gross slavery, or how Jason is going to keep the whole operation running. Also, Axa's a jerk for leaving with Dirk without bothering to check if Mark Ten's following her.

Yeah, I assume we're supposed to assume that part of his cleaning things up would include ending slavery, but it's never actually explicitly stated. As for Axa leaving without checking Mark, well, it was established that he's been fitted with ESP, she could have easily just sent a "you coming?" thought over.

Axa

That said, I will say she's a jerk for this. And Dirk's already crappy!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

EasyEW posted:

9 So-Unspeakably-Creepy Lane

I don't know how he does it!!! I don't know how Broke continuse to discust me again and again, when I think there's no room left in my heart for more disgust

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 17-19, 1936)

I love when the OOW mom does stuff like this :allears:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

sweeperbravo posted:

I don't know how he does it!!! I don't know how Broke continuse to discust me again and again, when I think there's no room left in my heart for more disgust

Why, it's perfectly normal to obsessively describe how horny you are for each other, and how horny you were on specific dates in the past. Good day to you.

Seriously, does this relationship have any other grounding other than WANT SOME FUK ALL THE TIME?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

What are those long things they're eating? Looks like bacon-in-a-sheath.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Presto posted:

Churros. I miss churros...

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Drimble Wedge posted:

Why, it's perfectly normal to obsessively describe how horny you are for each other, and how horny you were on specific dates in the past. Good day to you.

Seriously, does this relationship have any other grounding other than WANT SOME FUK ALL THE TIME?

imagine looking at your SO and getting turned on by what child-them would have wanted from you, sexually

i feel repulsed for even crafting this sentence

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I know Stardew Valley just relatively recently got a surprise update with tons of new features but don't let that stop someone from modding in the Powerful Katrinka

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Presto posted:

Kavak posted:

Churros. I miss churros...

YEah, and Japan gets pretty wild with the churros. Like they do with most of their food.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

catlord posted:

That said, I will say she's a jerk for this. And Dirk's already crappy!

I started reading and I was like "I can't wait to see how Dirk is a piece of poo poo" and it happened before I even finished the first page!

And yes Axa sucks too. "I know you love me Mark, but anyway I'm gonna go gently caress this guy who just tried to destroy you, later."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Late with my comics because of power troubles (and no, I'm not in Texas).

Rhymes with Kinky

Get Fuzzy 2/17/01

Brenda Starr 12/2/45

If you're puzzled about the last bit, it used to be common for graffiti artists to draw facial hair, glasses, blacked-out teeth, etc., on advertising poster models.

Smokey Stover 6/29-7/1/39

After this, Smokey apparently returned to a Sunday-only schedule -- at least, I can no longer find daily Smokey anywhere, including in the papers that were previously carrying it.

Richard's Poor Almanac

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh what's that? That's right, it's Ballard Street!

Keep it up Chris, you'll get there.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Oct. 31, 1943)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
is this the first historical occurrence of the goth girlfriend

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is funny because it's true.

Working Daze is not OSHA approved.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix would like a seat away from the kitchen.

Cul De Sac scares off predators.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Evil Mastermind posted:

I see your little petrified crabs, labeled and resting on a shelf somewhere.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (March 5, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 14, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (November 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (March 25, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (August 24, 1935)

Dark Laughter (November 15, 1941)

“National defense or no national defense, I want you to make that big ape stop whist’lin at me.”

Mopsy Sunday (August 10, 1947)

Those Were the Days (September 6, 1951)

Wee Pals (May 15, 1965)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Fibber McGee and Molly, brought to us by Johnson and Johnson. (July 18, 1937)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

I hate this horrible goblin teen. Called himself a punk back when he was a little kid and never really moved anywhere past that. This is worst thing by far, of course.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Doomykins posted:

is this the first historical occurrence of the goth girlfriend

No, she's being too frank.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Parahexavoctal posted:

Oh, wow! This is the first I've heard of any FM&M comic strip/ad series and it looks like one of the rare radio adaptations which keeps the feel of the show's characters and dialogue (that ad where Jack Benny pulls one over on Mary was pretty dire). If the Jordans and/or Don Quinn didn't actually write this stuff I'd love to know which house writer could.

Howard Beale fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 19, 2021

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Worst Cul-De-Sac ever

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Isn't the current owner of this strip Matthew Brock?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizaro

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

Howard Beale posted:

I hate this Zits storyline soooooo much for using an absolutely toothless strawman statement at the center of a bad faith argument about cancel culture. Cause golly, if they can "cancel" Jeremy for merely making an innocent observation about penguins, what will they cancel you for? There's no way Scott would have let Jeremy say something actually repellant and ignorant, because then the aftermath would have/should have involved him actually listening to people and learning something and making amends rather than just pointing his head up and hollering "WHAT DID I DO!?!"

Scott and Borgman are sliding down the same aging white male trail that Rick Detorie blazed for 'em, and I'm pretty disappointed.

He should have done something truly deserving of cancellation, like shipping the wrong characters, or having a problematic take. But that would require greater understanding of the Internet.
Coincidentally,