Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gimme them Fetterman anti-women quotes and I'll absolutely amplify them, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You're reading propaganda, I've followed fetterman for a decade at this point and I have never once seen him say he doesn't support women's health rights.

he himself supports women’s rights, but is willing to endorse people who don’t. it’s not great

Apr 7, 2003

indigi posted:

he himself supports women’s rights, but is willing to endorse people who don’t. it’s not great

Oh? Can I see those endorsements?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it will be cute in two years when he turns out to be PA’s Bernie right down to rolling over so mainstream Dems can rub his tummy and tell him he’s a good boy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Oh? Can I see those endorsements?

he endorsed Paul Costa who has voted to restrict abortion rights

Apr 7, 2003

indigi posted:

he endorsed Paul Costa who has voted to restrict abortion rights

I looked at news articles and I don't see that endorsement, can you enlighten me?

Apr 7, 2003

indigi posted:

it will be cute in two years when he turns out to be PA’s Bernie right down to rolling over so mainstream Dems can rub his tummy and tell him he’s a good boy

I mean, posts like this are funny but you need to have some actual basis behind them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I refuse to see any nuance nor care.

He will win.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fettlife

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

I looked at news articles and I don't see that endorsement, can you enlighten me?

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/p...es/201712080134

quote:

Paul Costa acknowledged being a political moderate, but bridled at the suggestion that he wasn’t visible. “I put my office right dab in the middle of Braddock,” he said. “We were the first to be here to try to regenerate activity here, and we’ve been working with Mayor John Fetterman and others on issues up and down Braddock Avenue.” (Mr. Fetterman confirmed that: “I have nothing but good to say about Summer,” but adding that he supported Mr. Costa: “Braddock is lucky to have him.”)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Normally, I'd start posting the :fork: but it really depends on how hard the media pushes the story.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nothus posted:

Normally, I'd start posting the :fork: but it really depends on how hard the media pushes the story.

Honestly I vaguely remember this coming up during the LG race and not going anywhere?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Did he jump the line over some other, more well-connected candidate who thinks it's their turn? Because if so, the media will bury him with that story.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

somehow still not as bad as kenney

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

Did he jump the line over some other, more well-connected candidate who thinks it's their turn? Because if so, the media will bury him with that story.

no

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
The shotgun thing is insane, he came so close to killing a random jogger bc he heard fireworks?? Oh right the jogger was black so it's reasonable actually.

Shame on you if you think this guy is good

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lil poopendorfer posted:

The shotgun thing is insane, he came so close to killing a random jogger bc he heard fireworks?? Oh right the jogger was black so it's reasonable actually.

k, recommend me someone who has a chance

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Plinkey posted:

Well that rules Kenney out.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A PA friend of mine explained this tweet as brilliant to me because the Sheetz call-up pleases those from Western PA, while the cowboy dig pleases eastern PA. Truly a great statesman

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

You're reading propaganda, I've followed fetterman for a decade at this point and I have never once seen him say he doesn't support women's health rights.

by "followed fetterman" do you mean you ran behind him as he ran down random black men, or was it more like a follow-car type situation?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fetterman has cleared the establishment lane and now we can see if his “chasing random joggers with a shotgun” stance is enough to break rural pa out of their trump haze

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Nothus posted:

him, the governor, and the ag pretty much are running the show and the ag is likely going for gov

the only thing who can stop him is a good gop challenger and they all have massive brainworm problems after last year

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lawman 0 posted:

Honestly I vaguely remember this coming up during the LG race and not going anywhere?

Oh, well if he can survive the harsh national gaze of the PA LG race...

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Plinkey posted:

John Lesserevilman for US Senate 2022 - not as bad as the other choice! Anyone know the software we're going to be using to call people in support of him?

Apr 7, 2003

lil poopendorfer posted:

Not an excuse but 99% of the joggers he's going to chase down in that area are black

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

him, the governor, and the ag pretty much are running the show and the ag is likely going for gov

the only thing who can stop him is a good gop challenger and they all have massive brainworm problems after last year

Shapiro has been preparing to run for governor since he became a state rep in 2004.

He's good at bringing out votes but no doubt that 2020 spooked him when his re-election was closer then he would have liked and 2 republican nobodies won statewide.

Apr 7, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

Shapiro has been preparing to run for governor since he became a state rep in 2004.

He's good at bringing out votes but no doubt that 2020 spooked him when his re-election was closer then he would have liked and 2 republican nobodies won statewide.

Heyooo, can you fish up achilleswhateverthefuck and ask him to show me the non-DSA working faction pissing about Fetterman?

Because the Pittsburgh DSA sucks and his points are poo poo.

Apr 7, 2003

It cannot be stressed enough how much the Pittsburgh DSA blows.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
We have our first Republican contender in the race.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/politics/election/joe-gale-2022-pennsylvania-governor-race-20210216.html%3foutputType=amp

30 year old chud Sean Gale fresh off his brothers nonexistent coat tails (who is running for governor)

For those of you not from MontCo, Joe gale is the minority county commissioner who won his seat by being extra chuddy and gaming the dumbass way we elect county commissioners. Sean Gale is his younger brother whose never held elective office and failed miserably in his run for county commissioner. Both the gale brothers live with their parents.

If there’s anyone that deserves a swirlie from John Fetterman it’s these assholes but i can’t imagine Sean Gale getting anywhere close to the nomination.

Joe Gale has a little chud cred in SEPA so he might put up respectable numbers in his bid for the nomination but I wouldn’t bet on it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

We have our first Republican contender in the race.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/politics/election/joe-gale-2022-pennsylvania-governor-race-20210216.html%3foutputType=amp

30 year old chud Sean Gale fresh off his brothers nonexistent coat tails (who is running for governor)

For those of you not from MontCo, Joe gale is the minority county commissioner who won his seat by being extra chuddy and gaming the dumbass way we elect county commissioners. Sean Gale is his younger brother whose never held elective office and failed miserably in his run for county commissioner. Both the gale brothers live with their parents.

If there’s anyone that deserves a swirlie from John Fetterman it’s these assholes but i can’t imagine Sean Gale getting anywhere close to the nomination.

Joe Gale has a little chud cred in SEPA so he might put up respectable numbers in his bid for the nomination but I wouldn’t bet on it

💯 this dude locks his doors the entire time hes in norristown going to the county building

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

💯 this dude locks his doors the entire time hes in norristown going to the county building

He probably doesn’t even have to anymore he can do his 2 board meetings a month by zoom.

For which he gets paid $80,000...and still lives with his parents (or at least is still registered to vote there)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/malcolmkenyatta/status/1338992582869835777?s=19

I feel like my nickname for Fetterman's primary opponent should be Fresh Prince of Pete-Air but I'm open to workshopping it. He's really lib.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

John should just save his money.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1362473210743193602

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Slanderer posted:

by "followed fetterman" do you mean you ran behind him as he ran down random black men, or was it more like a follow-car type situation?

I hope we don't elevate fetterman. He is clout chasing.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

and succeeding at it too given that he has his own cspam thread

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Some Guy TT posted:

and succeeding at it too given that he has his own cspam thread

You'd think we would've learned our lesson.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my main regret about taintrunner is not reading the taintrunner thread since apparently the content was the exact opposite of what it sounded like

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

trimpageant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/PhillyInquirer/status/1362581846488399874?s=20

I live in Kenyatta's district and I've had a positive view of him. I'm also guessing that this means Brendan Boyle decided not to run.

quote:

“I don’t think this is about whether John is racist. I’ve not known him to be,” Kenyatta said. “But I don’t think we can have a system in Pennsylvania where somebody thinks they hear something and then have carte blanche to go chase down the next person they see with a shotgun. I’m from North Philadelphia. I hear gun shots all the time, unfortunately, but we can’t have people think they hear something and run and confront the next person they see. ... As a young Black man I know how traumatizing that can be.”

Shots fired (pun intended)

Nothus has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Feb 19, 2021