Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Spend some of a psych evaluation to check if there's something going on with that whiplash posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Flannelette posted:

Spend some of a psych evaluation to check if there's something going on with that whiplash posting.
They say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nvidia is deliberately nerfing mining performance on its new RTX 3060 cards and is releasing dedicated mining cards without video output to try to stem the drain of cryptocultists on the GPU supply.

Some good news out there related to the scam, at least.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
you sure do quote a lot of posts from noted suck zone c-spam and people who know very little about this whole saga

it is only because I have followed bitcoin for so long that I have no regrets

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Ad by Khad posted:

you sure do quote a lot of posts from noted suck zone c-spam and people who know very little about this whole saga

it is only because I have followed bitcoin for so long that I have no regrets
I assume Seraph searched for Bitcoin, and due to only mild cocaine levels, looked for a quote that said something positive about it as opposed to something negative or, perhaps, "buttcoin."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Buttcoin

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

i will only trade 1 USD = 1 BUTT. thats the Totally Not Shady Exchange guarantee(tm)

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?
https://coingeek.com/buckle-your-seatbelts-ny-attorney-general-to-decide-on-tether-in-30-days/

https://twitter.com/BitcoinSV_AUS/status/1351751331178942464

I wonder if we'll see anything happen this week.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

stock2flow compilation :D :keke:

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Feb 19, 2021

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
hold on to your buttcoins

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

hodl on to your buttcoins

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1362749030766424070?s=19
stupid goons mocked dentacoin and look where it is now, nocoiners!

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm thinking of closing the thread for a little while. Maybe Seraph will go away if he doesn't have this place? Or would he just open a new thread?

I think it is good to have the thread open, in general. But it also seems to be contributing to Seraphs mania. What do you think? Would it work? Is it worth it?
Maybe, people should just stop interacting with Seraph. That would make this thread a little more readable.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
What happened to Pattaya Brucie and the phone that rang off his chair?

I’ve been out of the circle of butts for too long

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

You know who else ignored multiple warnings from more experienced people, defied "conventional wisdom", and generally was full of that "boy, everyone is stupid but me" energy? Timothy Treadwell, aka "dude who was eaten alive by bears".

Makes u think

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CSM posted:

Maybe, people should just stop interacting with Seraph. That would make this thread a little more readable.

He would post here anyways, this thread is crack for him

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Seraph has become polluted. Seraph must now leave the public for a full year and join his attorney, Michael Marcovici.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zefiel posted:

You know who else ignored multiple warnings from more experienced people, defied "conventional wisdom", and generally was full of that "boy, everyone is stupid but me" energy? Timothy Treadwell, aka "dude who was eaten alive by bears".

Makes u think

There are a billion of those assholes, eventually some of them will be right or potentially dead wrong.

I knew someone who told me not to buy Amazon stock in 2003 because books were a dead medium and all they did was sell books. He swore by Ford stock because cars will never go out of style and the new Ecosport was blahblahblahblah.

It's kind of like going pro in sports. Very few people actually that lucky to have their random guesses pay off.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Just throw 20 bucks at every new gimmick investment and worst comes to worst you are out 20 bucks. Its like who cares, its gambling.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Remember Matt Damon and Dare lol

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Stealthgerbil posted:

Just throw 20 bucks at every new gimmick investment and worst comes to worst you are out 20 bucks. Its like who cares, its gambling.
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Stupid rear end gambles because it's the new fad $3200
Utility $150

someone who is good at the economy help, my family is dying

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kw0134 posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Stupid rear end gambles because it's the new fad $3200
Utility $150

someone who is good at the economy help, my family is dying

should have bought bitcoin to eat

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
did anyone say bitcon yet

bitcon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

There are a billion of those assholes, eventually some of them will be right or potentially dead wrong.

I knew someone who told me not to buy Amazon stock in 2003 because books were a dead medium and all they did was sell books. He swore by Ford stock because cars will never go out of style and the new Ecosport was blahblahblahblah.

It's kind of like going pro in sports. Very few people actually that lucky to have their random guesses pay off.

Pretty lol given American car manufacturers have been refusing to make cars people actually want for decades even at that point. There was literally a Simpsons episode about it back when it was good.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kinda wish I had invested in bitcoin years ago but here I am, still not investing in bitcoin because it’s still a vote to pyramid scheme propped up by tether

EvilHobo
Dec 28, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

Kinda wish I had invested in bitcoin years ago but here I am, still not investing in bitcoin because it’s still a vote to pyramid scheme propped up by tether

I'm in a similar position but it's more that I regret having not mined bitcoin when it was a feasible activity with a desktop computer. Buying into it was always something I was skeptical of and also I did not have a lot of money to put into something speculative (I decided it would be a better idea to focus on eliminating all of my student loan debt... what a mistake!)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You should never buy or mine crypto, it’s an endless scam.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Please do not mine a cryptosporidium

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

EvilHobo posted:

I'm in a similar position but it's more that I regret having not mined bitcoin when it was a feasible activity with a desktop computer. Buying into it was always something I was skeptical of and also I did not have a lot of money to put into something speculative (I decided it would be a better idea to focus on eliminating all of my student loan debt... what a mistake!)
I had a similar thought process but my conclusion is that in all of the past steps when I might have engaged in butcoin related economic transactions, I had many good reasons - in addition to moral qualms regarding its energy production and use in genuine crimes - to not do so. If I knew in 2011 that this dumb poo poo would be happening in 2021, I would very well have done so, but at a certain point you are excoriating yourself for not being a literal precognitive.

Don't be. It was a good call. It is STILL a good call, barring time machines.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I'd just as soon berate myself for not buying a bunch of puts around this time last year. The fact that there are lottery winners doesn't make buying a lottery ticket a good economic choice.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
What if so far everyone has won?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

xtal posted:

Well that's dependant on you going "I have 800 butts from the weekend I spent mining in 2009... but the price is 12,000. I'LL HOLD UNTIL IT HITS 100K"

Which is basically a gamble.

So if your HODL'd and continue to HODL, yes you win.

As long as we don't have another massive drop and it goes back to, say, 1,200.

I'll admit there's an added sense of legitimacy now that some organizations are moving to include it, but the crazy volatility is offputting. Mastercard could go and say "butts don't scale so we're ALL IN ON CARDANO"

Do I wish that I had actually spent the whole 2 hours I looked into Butts in 2009 to get a miner up part time? Sure why not. Would I have held until it hit 50K (basically a 10 year investment)? Probably not man, I would have cashed out at 1,000 because why the gently caress would it climb higher?

Like this is especially true when every other month we had stories about "Wallets hacked hundreds of butts stolen" and "MtGox founder died in rare Yacht-Orgy tragedy, GoxLedger mysteriously vanishes"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 19, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

xtal posted:

Except for all of the people who lost, of course; but they do not count.

Tons of people have lost money on bitcoin, and even Seraph, assuming he is not simply lying, is only potentially rich now.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Has everybody forgotten about zaurg already? smh

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Nessus posted:

I had a similar thought process but my conclusion is that in all of the past steps when I might have engaged in butcoin related economic transactions, I had many good reasons - in addition to moral qualms regarding its energy production and use in genuine crimes - to not do so. If I knew in 2011 that this dumb poo poo would be happening in 2021, I would very well have done so, but at a certain point you are excoriating yourself for not being a literal precognitive.

Don't be. It was a good call. It is STILL a good call, barring time machines.

I agree. Bitcoin's originally stated purpose as a currency replacement will never happen and never looked like it would happen. Instead, the bitcoin advocates basically did some MLM stuff whether intentional or not and it resulted in Bitcoin become a gigantic speculative commodity. It never made sense to me as an investment but at this point it's reached such a level that it seems like it might just be self sustaining?

All I know is in 2011 it was dumb and I didn't have much spare money so I don't regret not buying in. If I had thought about how dedicated the btc lovers were and how low the ceiling was, maybe I would have tried mining.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

xtal posted:

Do you mean everyone but Zuarg?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Splicer posted:

Do you mean everyone but Zuarg?
Is Zaurg talking about buying bitcoins again

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

shitcoin jumped up a bit so expect another seraph post soon
also since tether is pretty poo poo what is an actually stable coin i can use for this poo poo
i WOULD trade directly with BTC/GBP but apparently its better to do it with USD so

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

xtal posted:

If you're talking about bitcoin, they haven't. Roughly 20% of bitcoins are permanently lost. That's not counting what's been stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZaronYeras
Sep 14, 2007
At this rate I'm wondering if cryptocurrency causes the next financial crisis