Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

It's cool to point out all the things that happened after goonfleet was vilified and we leaned into it as proof the opposite happened.

leaning into it reinforces it though. it's not where it started but after a while leaning into it is all anyone remembers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It's cool to point out all the things that happened after goonfleet was vilified and we leaned into it as proof the opposite happened.

The biggest lol at trying to say goonfleetswarm was some sort of loving hive of racism and bigotry when mittani asked me to step back in and bully the poo poo out of the same people who are still saying the same racist and misogynist poo poo in test that they were saying when I was making a thousand flowers bloom most of a decade ago.

and I'd tell you to stop saying goons if you want to want to look like you fit in but I don't think you'll listen

Lol one of the first GSF/TEST cracks was us banning the nword on comms

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't really give a poo poo about any of that stuff that may or may not have happened a decade before I even started playing EVE. Whatever moral superiority the enemy may once have had at one point or another flew out of the window immediately when they decided to start an aggressive war against us with the stated goal being 'extermination', while also massively outnumbering us.

We've already written history by holding the line against overwhelming odds for nine straight months, and we're going to win this thing no matter what. It will only end with TEST eating poo poo.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

goons

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Phlegmish posted:

We've already written history by holding the line against overwhelming odds for nine straight months, and we're going to win this thing no matter what. It will only end with TEST eating poo poo.

I will not be having this BRAVE erasure sir

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

grr

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

The biggest lol at trying to say goonfleetswarm was some sort of loving hive of racism and bigotry when mittani asked me to step back in and bully the poo poo out of the same people who are still saying the same racist and misogynist poo poo in test that they were saying when I was making a thousand flowers bloom most of a decade ago.

and I'd tell you to stop saying goons if you want to want to look like you fit in but I don't think you'll listen

Mittens giving you a badge and a gun to go fight crime and the resulting screeching from all the edge lords no longer able to be freely edgy is still some of the most enjoyable entertainment this game has given me.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

<3

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Brave failscading would be nice, but I don't despise them nearly as much. They've seemed out of their depth for months, and I can genuinely believe that they were never very enthusiastic about the war.

TEST started this, and from most of my interactions with them and the things I've read, they just seem like lovely people. Still stuck in the 2000's edgelord era, and they constantly leave their 'allies' out to dry, even the ones in Legacy. It will be a pleasure going to town on their space.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Umm, we're already burning their space :v:

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Potato Salad posted:

Right, because they're busy erasing themselves. Glad we agree.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:hmmyes:

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Vilgan posted:

I think "they don't want us to have fun" or "they hate us because we were a crowd of clueless n00bs way back when" is a bit delusional. Goons have spent years acting likes dicks to a lot of people, pissing in their cheerios, then having Mittani hop on a pedestal and brag about it.

Scamming is an easy way to make isk, but a lot of people also think of it as pretty lovely and no one has embraced scamming like Goons
Miniluv has spent a decade making GBS threads in everyone's cheerios in highsec, engendering a LOT of dislike
Goons were heavily involved with the creation of CODE and it still has a lot of Goon participation
For a long time, Goons entire approach to PvP was throwing infinite bodies at it and zerging. I still remember fighting a giant Goon zerg with 15 dudes and ~89 kills for 1 death before withdrawing. They are way better now but back in the day Goons were AWFUL at PvP and rather than trying to get good they just threw ridiculous numbers at everything.
Then you had the whole Viceroy program which was a giant gently caress you to a lot of people, and was one (of many!) reasons people banded together to kick Goons in the teeth 4 years ago.
They also went around and used a huge numbers and supercap advantage to glass Tribute and create dislike very recently.
Oh, they also had a ton of rampant racism and anti-semitism in their culture until the "cultural revolution" cleared a lot of that out.
Sperging up local is still also something that Goons have consistently done

I'm flying with Goons now and I think they are very well organized, have a lot of great people, and do a lot to generate content for their members. Goons are great if you are IN goons. If you are on the outside, it's no surprise that most of the galaxy is happy to band together to kick em in the nads. And every once in a while if people forget why they dislike Goons, you have Mittani hopping up on his pedestal and RP'ing a giant arrogant dick to get that dislike recharged.

The irony about this is that while Goons have evolved for the better in recent years, primarily (imo) due to Asher's influence, TEST is still on following the Goons culture blueprint from 4 years ago. Everytime they seem incredibly lovely, sperg up local, only take fights with MASSIVE numbers advantage, etc. that's what Goons used to be and what many people still think of Goons today.
Don't complain about cultural poo poo as a reason to hate us and then use 'sperg' as a slur. tia.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

in my experience over the last decade or so GSF did a really good job of pulling itself out of the dregs of internet 'ironic' racism of the early 2010s and is currently probably one of the most inclusive alliances currently. We did hang on the antisemitism a bit long but that's over now.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Agrikk posted:

Fofofofofo

It was a different time, and yes Goons were horrible by today’s standards. But I sure laughed a lot. Would I do that kinda stuff now? No, but I’m a billion years older and have a ton more empathy for all of the people who aren’t me these days.

I still reread the convo between Remedial and GM Sunshine, though.

If you are new to Goons in general, and do not know what he is talking about, please be sure to read the following: https://eve-files.com/media/0702/gm_sunshine.txt

I used to read the Drama tagged posts in the goonwiki while gatecamping when things were slow. GM Sunshine is easily my favorite old days story.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Remedial > I'd like to elevate this complaint please

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

zegermans posted:

in my experience over the last decade or so GSF did a really good job of pulling itself out of the dregs of internet 'ironic' racism of the early 2010s and is currently probably one of the most inclusive alliances currently. We did hang on the antisemitism a bit long but that's over now.

I've been mostly pleasantly surprised at comms not routinely degenerating into reactionary bullshit and 99/100 times I'm in comms, they're chill and folks are having fun playing the game and cracking corny jokes. There are still some lazy misogynist "jokes" about women in the kitchen but those turds get shut down, and one weird nerd made sure to tell everyone how he never wears masks during a pandemic as a point of pride, but all in all those are just blips on the radar. I could not and would not stick around if I heard people throwing around slurs and being hateful for the sake of ~humor~ like other groups outside the Imperium behave.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Micromancer posted:

If you are new to Goons in general, and do not know what he is talking about, please be sure to read the following: https://eve-files.com/media/0702/gm_sunshine.txt

I used to read the Drama tagged posts in the goonwiki while gatecamping when things were slow. GM Sunshine is easily my favorite old days story.

Hey, i'm in this i did a historical thing.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Oh god, I forgot the burkey ref at the end of that.

...don't look that up.

...in fact, never bring this up again.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

in ye old dayes of the old ME system , T2 bpcs had a base ME of -4, which had massive wastage - while you could research BPOs to whatever you wanted to get to almost zero wastage. For curiosity I looked at it again today and it seems like the ME system was clarified to just be a percentage discount up to 10% off, and inventions have a base of 2% off? My point is, it looks like T2 BPOs are significantly less useful now than they were before the change? Not that it matters because no one really uses those anymore

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

zegermans posted:

in ye old dayes of the old ME system , T2 bpcs had a base ME of -4, which had massive wastage - while you could research BPOs to whatever you wanted to get to almost zero wastage. For curiosity I looked at it again today and it seems like the ME system was clarified to just be a percentage discount up to 10% off, and inventions have a base of 2% off? My point is, it looks like T2 BPOs are significantly less useful now than they were before the change? Not that it matters because no one really uses those anymore

Correct — T2 BPOs have been heavily nerfed. An invented BPC can hit ME5, compared to a BPO’s max of 10, so the gap is much smaller. Invention also scales horizontally much better, so there’s little reason to chase T2 BPOs these days.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah. Copying a T2 BPO just takes excessively too much time to be practical, plus you need additional materials! (R.db stuff)

Invention before the nerf was still massively better than single-line T2 BPO production since you could pack a POS (or station) with as many concurrent jobs as you had BPCs for, so even counting worse material efficiency you could dictate the market better with pure volume. Now? Even worse for the BPO holders.

Still, can probably get a nice chunk of change for them. People like status items.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

andromache posted:

Mittens giving you a badge and a gun to go fight crime and the resulting screeching from all the edge lords no longer able to be freely edgy is still some of the most enjoyable entertainment this game has given me.

I will never pass up an opportunity to post Richter's meltdown

Richter Enderas mad that he can't use gamer words on our forums/comms

Tsed fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 19, 2021

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Correct — T2 BPOs have been heavily nerfed. An invented BPC can hit ME5, compared to a BPO’s max of 10, so the gap is much smaller. Invention also scales horizontally much better, so there’s little reason to chase T2 BPOs these days.

It's been a long, long time since T2BPOs were strictly better. Even a decade ago they were mostly seen as an investment instrument with an earning potential they would take like 15 years for the continuous output to pay off the cost, at a minimum.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Tsed posted:

I didn't know the guy that starred in http://pwned.nl played Eve

Edit: Youtube mirror because lol flash player

Micromancer fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 19, 2021

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I pivoted the TNT holding corp from pure reactions and cap prod to reactions + T2 prod in late 2019 and my only regret is not doing it sooner :v:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

zegermans posted:

Lol one of the first GSF/TEST cracks was us banning the nword on comms

lmao scans

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Eltoasto posted:

There was a VCBee in one of our fleets the other day and it made me very happy to think of some 100mil sp character originating from that.

I've been on a handful of fleets and have yet to hear a single squeakybee, it's disappointing tbh.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

same dude, same

also the reason im still mod, just on the off chance I get to repeat it again

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i cannot use gamer words and i must scream (epithets)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Tsed posted:

they kept trying to claim that dude, who is literally on the verge of tears here, was trolling with this

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Xolve posted:

I've been on a handful of fleets and have yet to hear a single squeakybee, it's disappointing tbh.

GeneralDisturbed is the only one I've heard squeak a bee on comms :smith:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Brb getting bee and logging on

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

they kept trying to claim that dude, who is literally on the verge of tears here, was trolling with this

What the gently caress is he so upset about? Did he get told to stop using some bad words?

Ajaxify fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 19, 2021

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ajaxify posted:

What the gently caress is he so upset about? Did he get told to stop using some and words?

Turbo racist. Also went on to form an entire alliance full of same. Half of the folks you shoot that have 1488 trit in the cargo hold come from his old alliance.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Turbo racist. Also went on to form an entire alliance full of same. Half of the folks you shoot that have 1488 trit in the cargo hold come from his old alliance.

Didn't some group do this in an alliance tournament or something?

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Good loving grief. So literally a white supremacist nazi. Good loving riddance.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

wasn't it 1488 reactive gas

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

gwrtheyrn posted:

Didn't some group do this in an alliance tournament or something?

Yep, TISHU showed up to AT with nearly all of their ships having 1488 cans of Reactive Gas in the cargohold.

Why they didn't get banned, only CCP can say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Are R.db's used for anything anymore?