Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Build the Ike Dike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Ladies and gentlemen. We got the Ike Dike Snipe.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Build the Paul Wall, y'all.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1362602841026695170?s=19

Holy poo poo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Just read a headline that says “Biden tries to rein in ICE” and I figured that’d get twice the clicks in Texas.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I mean, it feels like we should still have an energy regulation board, Dan.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/1362488342248648704?s=20

hahahahahaha

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1334261492833771520?s=20

lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

god what a loving pussy, was he really worried that in the tail end of Ice-Pocalypse there'd be some wall of protestors waiting for him?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Edit: nvm can’t make it work right.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Anyone else struggling with the mental whiplash of going from survival mode, back to white collar dumb internet job? Power is back but I feel like I just woke up from the worst nightmare and can't focus on anything, except being angry at Ted Cruz and the state government. Maybe we all got mild ptsd or something lmao

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Why didn't anyone tell me that the Cinnamon Beaver Nuggets are the superior mode of nugget?

Holy poo poo even the cops are like "nah, this dude is a clown lol"

smoobles posted:

Anyone else struggling with the mental whiplash of going from survival mode, back to white collar dumb internet job? Power is back but I feel like I just woke up from the worst nightmare and can't focus on anything, except being angry at Ted Cruz and the state government. Maybe we all got mild ptsd or something lmao

Hurricane with Extra Credit (the cold). Complete with flooded houses and everything!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If Ted Cruz really wants to court trump supporters, the real tactic would be to brag that of course he wanted to get the gently caress out when times were bad, brag about being wealthy enough to be able to, and imply that the people suffering most are the indolent poors in order to shame people into downplaying their own suffering for fear of revealing their lower social status.

Then he'd make some grand statement about how immigrants are stealing the power and how the power grid should make more blackouts to teach them a lesson, and tell people to steal their neighbor's boat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

smoobles posted:

it's so loving cool that tons of us almost froze to death in our beds and we've gotta go to work on friday all 'ha crazy week huh guys? You see the ted cruz memes?'

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

smoobles posted:

I work a remote job based out of California and one of my coworkers sent me a teams message like ‘heyyy buddy how’re you doing, heard Texas was crazy right now!’ - and I kinda over honestly just replied ‘I haven’t showered in 4 days and my house was 47 degrees until I got power at like 10 last night, and we have to boil our water before we drink it if we can get enough out of the tap.’ And they just went ‘oh’ and didn’t talk for the rest of the day lol.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SlothfulCobra posted:

If Ted Cruz really wants to court trump supporters, the real tactic would be to brag that of course he wanted to get the gently caress out when times were bad, brag about being wealthy enough to be able to, and imply that the people suffering most are the indolent poors in order to shame people into downplaying their own suffering for fear of revealing their lower social status.

Then he'd make some grand statement about how immigrants are stealing the power and how the power grid should make more blackouts to teach them a lesson, and tell people to steal their neighbor's boat.

he failed to learn the primary lesson of trumpism: never apologize

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

smoobles posted:

Today was not a particularly stressful day for work and only really had one blow up to deal with but I ended my shift feeling really mentally drained. Realized it was from being ao amped up trying to keep my family from freezing to death that I was already on the edge of decision fatigue and I just didn't have room to accommodate work.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1362539576963837952?s=20

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

That loving commiefornia dumbocrat governor *checks notes*

Greg Abbott of Wichita Falls, TX

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, it feels like we should still have an energy regulation board, Dan.

Put it under the RRC where the only technical member (still pretty conservative, but was an engineer) got primaried out by a Trump chud and now the commission is 2 chuds and 1 Republican very good at throwing sand into the gears to prevent him from making a tough decision.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

He's a democrat now? Did that happen last night? What year is it?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

lol that Trump “waaahh” face, junior got it

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Democrat Governor of... Texas? Don't tweet drunk Jr.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I clicked the Don Jr tweet link, got served an old people diaper ad, and it only got better from there. He's even trying to ape some of his father's speechisms. I'm vibrating in 12 different dimensions right now. I have ascended to a new quantum state.

Also all the videos it wants to recommend to you are fat olds yelling into a camera about cancel culture lmao

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Marxalot posted:

That loving commiefornia dumbocrat governor *checks notes*

Greg Abbott of Wichita Falls, TX

No, no, no, Greg Abbott is the heroic do everything Republican governor, they're taking about the do nothing Democrat governor. Now, you might point out that Texas doesn't have a democrat governor, but DJTJr cannot be constrained by your so called "facts" and "words"!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

West and the state GOP have just declared Abbott a Democrat

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

smoobles posted:

No i totally feel that, today was rough for me personally and now that things are slowly going back what passes for normal these days it still doesn't quite feel enough.

Doesn't help to actually live through being treated as expendable instead of just joking about it on the internet all the time.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I sure didn't expect to have a taste of the hierarchy of needs. Now I know that running water is truly the most important thing, ahead of fuel, food, and electricity.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
In a fun twist, the pilot light for the natural gas heater which heats my home is no longer lighting up the gas -- my guess is a loss of pressure from the natural gas line, possibly deliberately from the gas company. It was the opposite earlier this week, which saved my bacon, so I get to tough it out until the weather warms up this weekend. It's still pretty drat cold but it doesn't feel like -15. On the plus side, the gas-powered stoves still work so I can cook and make tea, and electricity is stable. Thanks for reading my blog.

I can only imagine how much damage is out there from busted pipes, which I also fortunately didn't experience, but it happened to some of my relatives.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Kunabomber posted:

I sure didn't expect to have a taste of the hierarchy of needs. Now I know that running water is truly the most important thing, ahead of fuel, food, and electricity.

I took the other view. Nothing is more important than electricity. I can overcome a lack of running water with preparation and enough storage, but I can’t feasibly replace the power company.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

In a fun twist, the pilot light for the natural gas heater which heats my home is no longer lighting up the gas -- my guess is a loss of pressure from the natural gas line, possibly deliberately from the gas company. It was the opposite earlier this week, which saved my bacon, so I get to tough it out until the weather warms up this weekend. It's still pretty drat cold but it doesn't feel like -15. On the plus side, the gas-powered stoves still work so I can cook and make tea, and electricity is stable. Thanks for reading my blog.

I can only imagine how much damage is out there from busted pipes, which I also fortunately didn't experience, but it happened to some of my relatives.

thats what you get for living in dallas instead of houston

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/1362746276933156866

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Easy play, just replace it with the same thing with a different name. Let's you say you did something without doing anything. Might even be able to sneak in some of the same people.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

I work a remote job based out of California and one of my coworkers sent me a teams message like ‘heyyy buddy how’re you doing, heard Texas was crazy right now!’ - and I kinda over honestly just replied ‘I haven’t showered in 4 days and my house was 47 degrees until I got power at like 10 last night, and we have to boil our water before we drink it if we can get enough out of the tap.’ And they just went ‘oh’ and didn’t talk for the rest of the day lol.

I had a super tone deaf coworker from a state up north try and make light of the situation by making fun of “the rich oil state with no power,” and then he sent me a bunch of right wing “lol windmills” memes.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Khizan posted:

I took the other view. Nothing is more important than electricity. I can overcome a lack of running water with preparation and enough storage, but I can’t feasibly replace the power company.

I could live without electricity as long as there was fuel to burn. Even with storage, the uncertainty of a steady water supply started eating away at my brain. I had to think about every sip I took and every time I had to fill up my toilet tank.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

If you don't live in an apartment this should be your push to get a generator. I was extremely lucky in that we never lost power, but I bought a generator this past summer when there was talk about blackouts due to load on the system from everyone being home because of covid. Knowing if our power went out that I could keep the little ones warm took such a massive worry off my mind I consider it to have paid for itself even though we didn't use it.

This exposed a few other vulnerabilities we had as far as emergency supplies and equipment and I will be buying that stuff asap so the next time this happens we'll be fine. If covid hadn't happened we would have been much less prepared. My wife used to give me poo poo when I bought "prepper crap" but after this she's changed her mind. Most people don't realize how close we are to disaster at any given moment until they go through it. I'm not buying survival buckets of food or whatever but definitely filling out my basic emergency supplies cache.

Fireant
Sep 13, 2003

Information Gatherer
Look at you people with your fancy running water. I don't remember what showers feel like or freely washing your hands whenever. Electricity didn't go out though, so I guess this is Texas karma. 1 pipe burst that I know of, but don't want to check again and tango with the bathroom water demon.

You fools going to work, never get off the disaster ride.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I haven’t watched that junior video but I’m going to assume he’s referring to New York and California residents complaining about Cruz since their governors also suck

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Khizan posted:

Ditto. If it's anywhere from 50 to 90 I'll take the running water, but when it's below freezing, having a heater and a couple jugs of drinking water is way better than huddling in the bathroom and filling the tub with hot water to try to heat up the room above 50.

That said, I also have two rain barrels that continue to refill as the snow has been melting on the roof, so we have been at no risk of running out of water to flush the toilets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fireant posted:

Look at you people with your fancy running water. I don't remember what showers feel like or freely washing your hands whenever. Electricity didn't go out though, so I guess this is Texas karma. 1 pipe burst that I know of, but don't want to check again and tango with the bathroom water demon.

You fools going to work, never get off the disaster ride.

had to go into work today for my first shower this week. was nice