Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Coasterphreak posted:

current event: the worst part of going to the hospital is all the crap they stick on you. i'm hairy dammit

I can feel this post through the internet and I sympathize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh poo poo, we're gonna fly a loving drone on Mars?

owns.

But where will it find a wedding?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Coasterphreak posted:

current event: the worst part of going to the hospital is all the crap they stick on you. i'm hairy dammit

Somehow, shaving still doesn't help either.

Hope everything is ok though.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Double edged sword, shave and have stubble or let the med tech "wax" you where the sensors need to stick. As a fat hairy guy I feel your pain.

I hope you are doing better and can get out of the hospital soon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Those medical grade trimmers are loving incredible and I regret not asking for the brand name when I had to do a procedure last summer.

Probably couldn't afford it but man you don't want to trim any sort of body hair with a middling shaver

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Those medical grade trimmers are loving incredible and I regret not asking for the brand name when I had to do a procedure last summer.

Probably couldn't afford it but man you don't want to trim any sort of body hair with a middling shaver

The time I had to shave a patient I was given the most ineffective trimmer I have ever used in my life.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/dannyzuker/status/1362556003204521987?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Image search “surgical clippers” and see if there’s a match for what you remember.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Surgical Stapler

Yeah it is as bad as it sounds. It was better than sewing myself up. Surprising enough less painful.

Suck it Trebek

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

I will never not get tired of seeing the rear end in a top hat shitbag named Ted Cruz get dunked on.

Well until he's not relevant anymore. In which case let's have a celebration.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I guess it's just a weird crack ping thing for me watching non-Texan libs gleefully clowning on Texas politicians or their base. Dude, they don't give a poo poo. You're not hurting them at all.

But, you know, sorry for your suffering but I have some Twitter owns to do

https://twitter.com/Marina_Sirtis/status/1362532004919607298?s=19

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

we bought the wrong clipper blades and got surgical blades when we sheered our goats. We nicked the absolute gently caress out of them

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Discussion Quorum posted:

I guess it's just a weird crack ping thing for me watching non-Texan libs gleefully clowning on Texas politicians or their base. Dude, they don't give a poo poo. You're not hurting them at all.

But, you know, sorry for your suffering but I have some Twitter owns to do

https://twitter.com/Marina_Sirtis/status/1362532004919607298?s=19

Everyone should always be clowning on Texas and Texans for everything, they deserve to suffer.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
My brother in law was chopping apart his bookcase in single digit weather for firewood. I don't blame him at all and I am extremely sorry about the horrible situation he's in.

yelling at the politicians on twitter who utterly failed to do anything either before or during this disaster makes me feel slightly better and also they keep trying to say that it's totally fine! no really guys we're glad to sacrifice our power for the free market.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

A Bad Poster posted:

Everyone should always be clowning on Texas and Texans for everything, they deserve to suffer.

Hey.

gently caress you.

This is the reaction you were fishing for, right? Well now you got it so go away.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Pretty sick how all the inhuman twit burns (that I've seen at least) are just white neolibs yet again proving how loving awful they are as humans

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

A Bad Poster posted:

Don't we typically ban bad posters?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

As fun as it is to dunk on Texas, remember people through no fault of their own are affected and the people responsible for it arent.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The US is the Texas of the world.

The world justifiably laughs at the US like we are all loving idiots who deserve the bad poo poo that happens to us.

Ergo,

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 19, 2021

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1362546193151254532?s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Libs :v: "Guys the real problem with Republicans is that they have a fundamental lack of empathy"

Libs :v: "We have a real problem with the electoral college and gerrymandering and it leads to a lot of poor and/or minorities being ruled by a Republican minority"

Also Libs :v: "lmao eat poo poo Texas you deserve it"

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
Yeah, I got a lot of people in Texas and this went from funny to scary pretty loving fast. People might not realize it, but at the moment there are shitloads of people without access to potable water or food *and no systems set up to get these to them.* It's the latter issue that needs to be highlighted - there are people who have been without access to basic necessities for a couple of days, who don't have that much left in terms of bottled water or food, and unless things change rapidly are not going to be able to get replacements when they run out. Even folks I know who were doing okay a couple of days ago are starting to have to kludge together rocketstoves to boil snow to drink.

This is legitimately a massive catastrophe and the fact that it was undeniably caused by government failure should make people furious not amused. If nothing else, this is a blueprint for the next major crisis under the next Republican presidency.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If a story came out about Brexit leading to a water shortage we would be saying “reap/sow” and I don’t believe in American exceptionalism so

Hey Texas, reap/sow

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Defenestrategy posted:

As fun as it is to dunk on Texas, remember people through no fault of their own are affected and the people responsible for it arent.

A lot of people are affected through no fault of their own, but a larger group signed up for this mess. Let's not pretend Texans haven't been electing the people who created this situation with comfortable majorities (as in well outside the margin of voter suppression, and to statewide offices that can't be gerrymandered) for decades now. Texas politicians have not been shy about touting grid privatization and deregulation, and the electorate has kept them in power with this information. Don't they share the responsibility in a democratic government?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Defenestrategy posted:

Yeah like most bad things the worst effects hit the poorest and most vulnerable who were not the ringleaders, while those responsible have generators or employees to fetch them supplies, or just jet off to a Mexican resort.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot posted:

If a story came out about Brexit leading to a water shortage we would be saying “reap/sow” and I don’t believe in American exceptionalism so

Hey Texas, reap/sow

Yeah that's gross as poo poo

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
They had to put in extra effort and ignore multiple warnings, all while believing in Texan exceptionalism, to achieve this outcome. I'm worried about my friends in Austin but they chose to move there from CA for the Texas dream and have now achieved it.

The parts of Texas like El Paso that didn't want to be their own special thing are doing ok. The segregated grid offers no advantages. This is the exact outcome they worked for.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 19, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A lot of people are affected through no fault of their own, but a larger group signed up for this mess. Let's not pretend Texans haven't been electing the people who created this situation with comfortable majorities (as in well outside the margin of voter suppression, and to statewide offices that can't be gerrymandered) for decades now. Texas politicians have not been shy about touting grid privatization and deregulation, and the electorate has kept them in power with this information. Don't they share the responsibility in a democratic government?

Doesn't Harris County and Houston have about the bluest population outside of some of the coastal cities? And they were one of the hardest hit by this. So what is your magic number? If 56% of a constituency votes Red then they deserve scorn but if 54% do then we should practice the empathy we claim is so lacking in our present society?

A couple weeks after Katrina (and after burying my dad due to it) I got told by some dipshit from Minnesota at a party that the people in Louisiana deserved what happened because they elected people that made the failures there possible. I hosed him up pretty good before getting pulled off and kicked out. I imagine a lot of Texans who don't deserve the poo poo their going through feel the same way. But hey, if only 40-45% of them were democrats then gently caress em am I right?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Instead of lecturing people about how they should be nice to Texas, people should be lecturing Texas about being nice to Texas. There’s more energy being thrown at people who are saying gently caress Texas than is being thrown at the people who hosed Texas.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Lot of going high when they go low alright. Nobody is saying 'be nice to Texas', it's 'the people along for the ride are hosed, the people responsible aren't being held accountable and this is hosed' all while a subset of individuals keep going 'they got what they voted' for like the human cost means nothing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
E: never mind

But gently caress Texas.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

That Works posted:

Doesn't Harris County and Houston have about the bluest population outside of some of the coastal cities? And they were one of the hardest hit by this. So what is your magic number? If 56% of a constituency votes Red then they deserve scorn but if 54% do then we should practice the empathy we claim is so lacking in our present society?

A couple weeks after Katrina (and after burying my dad due to it) I got told by some dipshit from Minnesota at a party that the people in Louisiana deserved what happened because they elected people that made the failures there possible. I hosed him up pretty good before getting pulled off and kicked out. I imagine a lot of Texans who don't deserve the poo poo their going through feel the same way. But hey, if only 40-45% of them were democrats then gently caress em am I right?

I've been in the cold here all week, so spare me your sympathy. People are suffering and government needs to step in to help them, but Texans absolutely dug themselves into this hole. And guess what? The large majority of them will make no attempt at introspection when it's 60° next week.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/SFdirewolf/status/1362578897263497218?s=19

https://twitter.com/summeranne/status/1362165929820385284?s=19

https://twitter.com/ScottHech/status/1362108958316638209?s=19

https://twitter.com/ScottHech/status/1362151752322199561?s=19

Sure, let's just keep making GBS threads on people who are suffering horrifically right now. Real loving rad

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

And yet the people getting poo poo on will continue to vote red with no introspection as to who got them there. Because Texas exceptionalism.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I know basically nothing about state/fed interaction on disasters but why wouldn't the TX Guard have been mobilized to get MREs out/executive level declaring a state of emergency and getting FEMA/troops out there to help? The military has a metric fuckton of generators, MREs, warming tents, ways to make water potable, etc. It seems like at least the TX Guard should have been activated by now or do I just not get how things work in the great state of TX (well obviously I loving don't because I think everything that led to this is insane and stupid and criminally negligent)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

Instead of lecturing people about how they should be nice to Texas, people should be lecturing Texas about being nice to Texas. There’s more energy being thrown at people who are saying gently caress Texas than is being thrown at the people who hosed Texas.

We spend all year making GBS threads on dumb chuds and politicians, esp those from Texas.

To ignore millions who did not vote for this and do not want this is p bad.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

That Works posted:

We spend all year making GBS threads on dumb chuds and politicians, esp those from Texas.

To ignore millions who did not vote for this and do not want this is p bad.

If the millions of people who did not vote for this aren’t mobilizing to protest after this crisis then they don’t really think it’s a problem and nothing will change.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot posted:

If the millions of people who did not vote for this aren’t mobilizing to protest after this crisis then they don’t really think it’s a problem and nothing will change.

Jesus christ, just take a break because this is gross af. Stop blaming the victims.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

Ah cool, bootstrap argument for the marginalized who suffer the most from this and have the most to lose in openly protesting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

I know basically nothing about state/fed interaction on disasters but why wouldn't the TX Guard have been mobilized to get MREs out/executive level declaring a state of emergency and getting FEMA/troops out there to help? The military has a metric fuckton of generators, MREs, warming tents, ways to make water potable, etc. It seems like at least the TX Guard should have been activated by now or do I just not get how things work in the great state of TX (well obviously I loving don't because I think everything that led to this is insane and stupid and criminally negligent)

They did.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/14/president-joseph-r-biden-jr-approves-texas-emergency-declaration/

It could just be everything is so hosed right now they can't mobilize that quickly do deal with it