Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I like cherry blossom trees but those things look old already.

edit: taxxe
https://i.imgur.com/ni9bYT8.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Sarsapariller posted:

Oh look it's time for another episode of

:siren:INSIDE STAR CITIZEN:siren:
The show I vent my rage on because I had my first laser hair removal appointment today and holy gently caress it hurt like hell

In today's episode:
:words:

What this game needs is even less visibility from cockpit by making it all scratched, good job CIG

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Cloud City in a game with no clouds.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Dwesa posted:

Cloud City in a game with no game.

FTFY

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Truga posted:

lmao $295/customer, i think that's good even by gacha standards

120 million USD for delivering a working product

400 million for an IOU a product

what is winning?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Bofast posted:

I like cherry blossom trees but those things look old already.

I got the same impression, looks like a 360 game

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

DigitalPenny posted:

120 million USD for delivering a working product

400 million for an IOU a product

what is winning?

120 million splits quite nicely among the five Valheim devs

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

Pixelate posted:

It floats above the gas giant they haven’t made yet

Near the space whale

BDSSE.

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

DarkDobe posted:

quote:

Star Citizen does not ask "why?" it asks "why not?"

This is why not it's mans greatest achievement.
Ftfy

Although the SC grift may be CR's greatest achievement.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Pixelate posted:

It floats above the gas giant they haven’t made yet

oh is that why it looks so bad? it's just an empty skybox?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Did they reveal the name of the local space whale/tourist attraction?

I'm rooting for either "Gentle Ben" or "CliffordakaMiku"

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Quavers posted:

If Lethality thinks Valheim is terrible, then the game is destined to be revered as a modern gaming great, and sell a bajillion copies

I don't really know anything about Valheim besides that it exists.
Now with Lethality's anti-endorsement I'm seriously considering buying in. Only $22 and I'm pretty sure there's some people in my Discord server playing it.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
SC The Musical

https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyAbstemiousDragonWholeWheat-LJHa6AZqxMcDnYsP

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Sure you've seen these stock art assets before, but what if I told you, they were shifted 2000 units in z? Coming Winter 2021.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

AAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

oh dear god

:wtf: :lol:

.random
May 7, 2007

A bit too on the nose for anyone else that they’re making a tribute of “space whales” to appease the multi-thousand-dollar backers?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this is goddamn magical

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

thank you, sc thread

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

I can't thank you enough for posting these. This one is just :kiss:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1362757428870275072
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1362762518880542722

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Jorunn in public:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

NFT's in Star Citizen posted:

So, as a blockchain enthusiasts, I think that NFT's can add even more to Star Citizen. Star Citizen will be amazing with or without them, but if we can create and trade some (maybe specific) items in the game as we find them, (or even create them - e.g. art that can be placed in-game), that would add a whole additional level of replayability and investment into the game.

I don't know if anything remotely close to this has ever been mentioned, but CIG, please consider this :slightly_smiling_face:

For those who are familiar with NFT's, what are your thoughts?
For those not familiar, see this: What Are NFTs and How Do They Work? - CoinDesk

EDIT:
I'll wait for the forward-thinkers to enter the conversation... :face_with_rolling_eyes:

"[img posted:

https://i.imgur.com/DjGy4nHs.png[/img]"]
This forum is full of people who don't even understand what you're talking about. I tried already :disappointed:

quote:

I share in your pain :laughing:
I really think as wonderful as star citizen is already, adding NFT functionality to this game would make it insanely popular (even moreso than it is) and people would play this forever until they buy the farm.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Jorunn in public:

When you crawl from one friend zone to the next for 40 years, then find your true love, a coke bloated has-been shister game developer from the 90’s, and settle down to become his permanent simp...

It’s beautiful.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 19, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Remember when World of Warcraft came out, and all it had was Stormwind with all the vendors and trainers and a front lawn where you could grind spiders for 600 hours? And then they expanded the world and added more content by making four more capital cities all centered around the front lawn, all with identical vendors and trainers?

They're just following the standard MMO formula: 5 or 6 major hubs with the same services per each individual questing area :downs:

What??Are you talking about like in pre-open beta or something? Don't remember spiders and mobs stop giving XP after you get to a certain level above them. Each capital city was also pretty different. Stormwind did have pretty obvious and accessible vendors, but Ironforge was a big fiery rear end in a top hat layout where you might complete entire revolutions just looking for one motherfucking tiny vendor next to a single stairstep, built for his race by his race, inexplicably bigger than his body. The stupid tree the Night Elves had as a city was its own mess of inconveniently placed NPCs with horrible vertical map information, plus you often needed to use the elves gnarled infrastructure instead of beelining straight for any given location.

Horde had Orgrimmar, which kind of dragged the useful vendors and spots across these rocky canyons like a dog scooting its rear end on carpet. Undercity was basically Ironforge, but hard to get into, harder to leave, and infinitely easier to get lost or disoriented in. Vendors were not located in convenient places and would ping-pong you harder than IF. Thunder Bluff was a hilarious joke, everything spread across hard to access little spots of various elevation with annoying elevators or long skinny bridges to get between them.

Furthermore when WoW came out, one problem/feature-of-design was that each city wasn't equal. Very often you'd need to find a way to another of your faction's cities, just to pick up some new skill, recipe, item, quest, whatever. You'd spend an hour schlepping over to some rear end in a top hat elf tree then half to walk back because they arbitrarily decided only X city has Y thing. Sometimes it made sense and helps build the world up, if you want to ride a catm gotta go to the elf tree where they train and raise rideable cats. Makes sense, Dwarves in Ironforge raising crazy elf tree cats doesn't make sense. Other time it's just a timesink hassle, in a game already loaded with too many. Walking through Mordor and back b/c lol only this one guy knows the secret of stabbing eyeballs level 4

WoW was a game that had a transportation system that worked too, it was just slow as heck and not very good. Star Citizen doesn't even have that... so you'd definitely want each city area to have all the standard poo poo you'd need. You really wanna do the rigamarole of flying to some faraway place in SC because you forgot only their one buggy bartender of fartstation-5 has the allumisteel panel you failed to nab last time there?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmao

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I'm assuming the only reason SC hasn't already hopped onboard the NFT train is that Chris isn't aware of it, it's a match made in heaven

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Khanstant posted:

What??Are you talking about like in pre-open beta or something?

it... it was a joke analogy. WoW was obviously never like that, the joke was that CIG is stupid to have 5 giant resource-intensive capital cities and one questing area and that's it for the game

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

What??Are you talking about like in pre-open beta or something? Don't remember spiders and mobs stop giving XP after you get to a certain level above them. Each capital city was also pretty different. Stormwind did have pretty obvious and accessible vendors, but Ironforge was a big fiery rear end in a top hat layout where you might complete entire revolutions just looking for one motherfucking tiny vendor next to a single stairstep, built for his race by his race, inexplicably bigger than his body. The stupid tree the Night Elves had as a city was its own mess of inconveniently placed NPCs with horrible vertical map information, plus you often needed to use the elves gnarled infrastructure instead of beelining straight for any given location.

Horde had Orgrimmar, which kind of dragged the useful vendors and spots across these rocky canyons like a dog scooting its rear end on carpet. Undercity was basically Ironforge, but hard to get into, harder to leave, and infinitely easier to get lost or disoriented in. Vendors were not located in convenient places and would ping-pong you harder than IF. Thunder Bluff was a hilarious joke, everything spread across hard to access little spots of various elevation with annoying elevators or long skinny bridges to get between them.

Furthermore when WoW came out, one problem/feature-of-design was that each city wasn't equal. Very often you'd need to find a way to another of your faction's cities, just to pick up some new skill, recipe, item, quest, whatever. You'd spend an hour schlepping over to some rear end in a top hat elf tree then half to walk back because they arbitrarily decided only X city has Y thing. Sometimes it made sense and helps build the world up, if you want to ride a catm gotta go to the elf tree where they train and raise rideable cats. Makes sense, Dwarves in Ironforge raising crazy elf tree cats doesn't make sense. Other time it's just a timesink hassle, in a game already loaded with too many. Walking through Mordor and back b/c lol only this one guy knows the secret of stabbing eyeballs level 4

WoW was a game that had a transportation system that worked too, it was just slow as heck and not very good. Star Citizen doesn't even have that... so you'd definitely want each city area to have all the standard poo poo you'd need. You really wanna do the rigamarole of flying to some faraway place in SC because you forgot only their one buggy bartender of fartstation-5 has the allumisteel panel you failed to nab last time there?

:stare:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

quote:

CIG: "We worked really hard to add a cool elevator to the MSR." Me every time I enter my MSR:
https://v.redd.it/1g492v45dai61

perfection

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

*kramers into the thread*

did somebody mention world of warcraft, m'lads

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
loving lifestyle lol

peak fuckin fanboy capitalism basically lmoa

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Also Thunder Bluff was cool, fite me

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
all the cap cities were way cool at launch, all of them -- UC elevator death rides and forgetting to slowfall off TB included -- because the "oh god why am I wasting hours of my life playing this game" didn't set in for me until a decade later

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Khanstant posted:

Post of the thread.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Dwesa posted:

Clod city

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

TheAgent posted:

loving lifestyle lol

peak fuckin fanboy capitalism basically lmoa

It better be a lifestyle if you've put all your life savings into it.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dwesa posted:

There you go, friend:

(Archer sends his regards)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Oh look it's time for another episode of

:siren:INSIDE STAR CITIZEN:siren:
The show I vent my rage on because I had my first laser hair removal appointment today and holy gently caress it hurt like hell!

Someone is looking to get in Sandi's good books.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://i.imgur.com/rLhTeT9.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

it... it was a joke analogy. WoW was obviously never like that, the joke was that CIG is stupid to have 5 giant resource-intensive capital cities and one questing area and that's it for the game

my bad, WoW sucks in a lot of ways and i totally misread it as a bizarro world wow instead of applying the joke logic to another game as it seems obvious after i used it to diarrhea wow opinions unasked