Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Phylodox posted:

I honestly didn't know it was a joke, people have been suggesting all kinds of crazy things in this thread.

It's Fin Fang Foom and he wants to put Vision in his pants. Why? Because Paul Bettany's voice works all kinds of magic.

edit:goddamit - twice in a row with the new page? Fuq
edit2: electric boogaloo

stev posted:

Did anyone else really really really not like that Agnes all along reveal/montage?

I will be ok with it ONLY if it is a red herring and it's Nightmare or Mephisto trying to play the puppetmaster to further make Wana go bonkers. As a trick to go along with the common hero narrative "yeah it's always a bad guy you can punch " I like it. Further pushing Wanda into missing the point that she is the reason for all of this and there is no other big bad than the inability to deal with loss. If Agatha is actually the big bad and the cause of all of this.... too effin silly for my taste and I love Legends of Tomorrow.

Doom2020! fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

stev posted:

Patrick Stewart and/or Ian McKellen.

Stewart's said he's turned down Feige and Bettany and McAvoy have worked together sooo

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 19, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Did anyone else really really really not like that Agnes all along reveal/montage?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Doom2020! posted:

It's Fin Fang Foom and he wants to put Vision in his pants. Why? Because Paul Bettany's voice works all kinds of magic.

edit:goddamit - twice in a row with the new page? Fuq

Fin Fang Foom wants to put on Vision's 90's pants.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Doctor Nutt posted:

Also are all speculations in tviv typically spoiled or are people just extra sensitive because it's marvel/mystery box tv? I though spoilering speculation used to be against the rules in tviv.
My impression of the etiquette in here (which I have been following) is that since the show is dropping in the wee hours of Friday morning for most people, everyone is waiting until Friday night/Saturday morning to not spoiler things directly related to the latest episode. That would include speculations couched in things that deal with new developments from the new episode, though at a certain point people might be erring on the side of caution.

Though people posting an entirely spoiled post quoting another entirely spoilered post might be getting carried away/unhelpful.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Edge & Christian posted:

No word on what Rolling Hills Lane is meant to signify in this formulation, or any of the other visible signs throughout the series.

guys I cracked the code

Rolling Hills New York in the comics was the location of Area 14 and the Master Matrix;

the Master Matrix was an advanced life model decoy who could control other life model decoys and thus,

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When I said Agnes, now Agatha, was the Director I just meant it in a cheeky way. But here we are. That was an amazing episode.

I'm thinking that Snoopers gonna snoop is not the start of a fight because Pietro is Pietro, and he's no free from Agatha's control and is also trying to figure out wtf is going on here. Monica will probably try to throw down but he'll be "Hey I was just at home totally not super speed stealing stuff and boom, I'm in Family Ties as the wacky uncle with a voice in my head making me do stuff!" and they team up.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

live with fruit posted:

Bettany and Cumberbatch have worked together before. He also said it's someone he's been wanting to work with his whole life, which seems to imply that it's an older actor.

Michael Douglas as Hank Pym. He's technically an engineer, right?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

stev posted:

Not sure what there wasn't to like about it. It was perfect.

Shes the director of WandaVision, the show you and I (and Darcy) are watching. It fits perfectly.

Someone already said it, but next ep would be perfect as a "making of" behind the scenes of WandaVision where Agatha shows us setting up the equipment, scouting the locations, doing set design, costumes, props, a writers room, a table read, a makeup department, craft services, the whole thing. Blurbs from Wanda and Herb about how great Agatha is to work with.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Edge & Christian posted:

My impression of the etiquette in here (which I have been following) is that since the show is dropping in the wee hours of Friday morning for most people, everyone is waiting until Friday night/Saturday morning to not spoiler things directly related to the latest episode. That would include speculations couched in things that deal with new developments from the new episode, though at a certain point people might be erring on the side of caution.

Though people posting an entirely spoiled post quoting another entirely spoilered post might be getting carried away/unhelpful.

I have RL friends who thought the show was up on Friday's at 9:00 pm, or Sundays at 9:00 am. They were shocked when I told them it was every Friday at 3:00 am. So, yes just be kind and try to keep it down with the spoilers for a couple of days, even outside the forums.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
re: "Ralph," afaik a number of sitcoms have had running gags about characters who are only referenced in dialogue and never actually appear on screen, and I'm pretty sure WV is riffing on that. though it wouldn't be out of character for the show to subvert that by revealing him as a character with actual plot significance

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

GPTribefan posted:

If anyone has Marvel Unlimited, read Roger Stern’s incredible run on the Avengers from the mid to late 1980’s. You’ll gain a huge appreciation for Monica Rambeau and get some insight on how her powers may work in the show.

But stop there, because what comes after (and why Stern left) is really not a high point in Mark Gruenwald's long comics career.

Rappaport posted:

I thought Billy's remark about Agatha being silent was an allusion to her having telepathy / mind control powers of her own, so she would be blocking Billy? That's what they showed at the "twist" too, she's mind-controlling Wanda on some level.
I figured it to mean that Agatha's mind is quiet because she is acting of her own free will, unlike the rest of the townsfolk who are prisoners, screaming within the confines of their own minds

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Edge & Christian posted:

Ok I get spoiling actual show events for a few days or spoiling speculation based on comics knowledge but spoiling speculation on who might possibly show up in the last two eps based on a blink and you'll miss it line in ep 4 or 5 based on nothing but moondust and fairy dreams seems a bit silly, although obviously that was the joke some people were making with their spoilers.

e: I personally don't care about spoilers but man if I did, reading this thread would be really loving annoying.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 19, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I can’t believe Agatha turned Billy and Tommy into sandwiches

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I can’t believe Agatha turned Billy and Tommy into sandwiches

Cut 4 ways.
The fantastic 4!

And the piles of cut off crust are the Thing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Necrothatcher posted:

Michael Douglas as Hank Pym. He's technically an engineer, right?

Didn't the engineer show up this episode and give Monica a vehicle?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Didn't the engineer show up this episode and give Monica a vehicle?

The idea seems to be that it was just the engineer's team and that the big reveal is still coming.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Doom2020! posted:

I will be ok with it ONLY if it is a red herring and it's Nightmare or Mephisto trying to play the puppetmaster to further make Wana go bonkers. As a trick to go along with the common hero narrative "yeah it's always a bad guy you can punch " I like it. Further pushing Wanda into missing the point that she is the reason for all of this and there is no other big bad than the inability to deal with loss. If Agatha is actually the big bad and the cause of all of this.... too effin silly for my taste and I love Legends of Tomorrow.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. How is it being Nightmare/Mephisto messing with Wanda better than Agatha doing it?

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

if pietro really is quicksilver fox, i wonder if the lead in to dr strange 2 is trying to get him back to his universe. introducing x-men/mutants feels like something they would do a big movie about, not a tv series that you can only watch on disney plus, since it feels like a big blockbuster move like avengers was.

i have been enjoying wandavision a lot, even if it makes it feel like a week goes by too slowly and there's not enough going on, but i watched red letter's re-review of the new twin peaks and one thing they said sticks in my mind for wandavision - a lot of people were frustrated at how 'slow' the new series felt and was wasting time with "useless" episodes. in the end, the build up did pay off and i just hope that wandavision can pull that off too.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

stev posted:

Patrick Stewart and/or Ian McKellen.

oh it's definitely gonna be Ian McKellen isn't it

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Splash Attack posted:

feels like something they would do a big movie about, not a tv series that you can only watch on disney plus,

I think Disney is planning on having a high profile serial show running on plus weekly for the foreseeable future. They want people to subscribe and not leave the service ever when they finish one series they want to watch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just thought streaming shows had a 72 hour wait period before unspoiled stuff was posted?

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Not sure what there wasn't to like about it. It was perfect.

Shes the director of WandaVision, the show you and I (and Darcy) are watching. It fits perfectly.

Someone already said it, but next ep would be perfect as a "making of" behind the scenes of WandaVision where Agatha shows us setting up the equipment, scouting the locations, doing set design, costumes, props, a writers room, a table read, a makeup department, craft services, the whole thing. Blurbs from Wanda and Herb about how great Agatha is to work with.

that would be perfect

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Darcy tore off those chains, right?

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
the ultimate foreshadowing:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Cut 4 ways.
The fantastic 4!

And the piles of cut off crust are the Thing

A bit early for Secret Wars 2?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Davros1 posted:

She escaped :v:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BurritoJustice posted:

I remember doing an essay once on how a surefire way to get a character to hit as "properly evil" and remove a degree of ambiguity is seemingly needless violence to animals. It also helps stop people from associating/empathizing with a villain even if they are "evil" because people tend to have a different viceral reaction to violence against animals (particularly domesticated) versus violence against humans. I think I remember calling it "kicking the dog"

I feel that might fit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3eNE4Gk-tA

1:15 - 1:40

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
god I love how even the acting is like a late 2000s show

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

I think I posted a version of this last week, but my current theory is that at some point prior to the Hex, Wanda encountered Agatha and discovered some villainous plan of hers. The Hex was at least in part an attempt by Wanda to do something heroic and stop Agatha, but it backfired in some fashion (because of Wanda's grief, because their powers interfered with each other, because Wanda isn't in control of her powers in their augmented state), and ended up trapping not just Agatha but the entire town in the altered reality.

This would explain why Agatha might be trying to undermine the illusion, since she's a prisoner of the Hex as well.

though I can also think of some things that don't quite square with this theory, like the lyrics of last episode's theme song, which seem to be all about encouraging Wanda to maintain the illusion, so really idk

I think what it's going to end up being is that Agatha was setting up something big (and probably sinister) in Westview, however by chance Wanda showed up and tried use her powers to revive Vision. That interacted with Agatha's mojo accidentally creating the Hex. It'd explain why Wanda has control over the Hex but is continually surprised by what it does, a good portion of it isn't her creation. Now Agatha is trying to salvage whatever her sorcerous work is/was by undermining Wanda.

Also I noticed that in Agatha's witch-ity room, the symbols on the walls are contained in hexagons. Based on the spacing of the three symbols we see on the wall, it looks like there's six in total in the room, also laid out in a hexagon.

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 19, 2021

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Splash Attack posted:

if pietro really is quicksilver fox, i wonder if the lead in to dr strange 2 is trying to get him back to his universe. introducing x-men/mutants feels like something they would do a big movie about, not a tv series that you can only watch on disney plus, since it feels like a big blockbuster move like avengers was.

i have been enjoying wandavision a lot, even if it makes it feel like a week goes by too slowly and there's not enough going on, but i watched red letter's re-review of the new twin peaks and one thing they said sticks in my mind for wandavision - a lot of people were frustrated at how 'slow' the new series felt and was wasting time with "useless" episodes. in the end, the build up did pay off and i just hope that wandavision can pull that off too.

Simon or Chase or one of the creators of a classic show made a big point about how you can't review individual episodes of a TV show because they're all part of a bigger narrative.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Davros1 posted:

It's a circus. They're trick chains.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

lmao

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lol

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

twistedmentat posted:

I just thought streaming shows had a 72 hour wait period before unspoiled stuff was posted?

i don't see that cited anywhere and that seems absurdly long for single episodes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My personal interpretation is that Wanda started the whole mess before Agatha was drawn to it. So Agatha cam seeking the source of all this magical power and the secrets to how Wanda's doing what she's doing, affecting the whole TV concept and "Pietro" and encouraging Vision to push the boundaries all to manipulate Wanda and try and get more out of her. Wanda still hasn't told her, Pietro, or anyone else how this happened so I assume there's still a 3rd party unrevealed and I'm still assuming its some kind of Devil/Nick Scratch/Mephisto type player. I dunno who Pietro is but "from another universe" still makes sense to me with the stuff we know is coming from the MCU and now the show mentioning The Nexus. I don't expect Wanda to say "More Mutants" or Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds to show up, but it makes sense that the Infinity Stones and time travel shenanigans made a crack, Wanda widened it, and it will keep getting bigger.

Also I don't think Monica's friend is anyone. That line never struck me as super significant. I think we just built it up. But we'll see.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Its Chocolate posted:

oh it's definitely gonna be Ian McKellen isn't it

I hope so, Magneto is canonically Wanda and Pietro's father and either him or Fassbender showing up would be so drat awesome.

EDIT: I looked it up and this was apparently retconed at some point? Oh well.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 19, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

STAC Goat posted:

.[/spoiler]

Also I don't think Monica's friend is anyone. That line never struck me as super significant. I think we just built it up. But we'll see.

Felt like some rando military guys producing a custom special alloy moon rover in like a few days stretches credulity unless they're special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
RE: The Bettany cameo thing: I think he's loving with the internet and we're gonna get some scene where he acts opposite himself, as like an EVIL Vision.