Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Goddamnit. Warrants.tech is pay-to-use now. I can't believe I have to pay $199/month for a service that has only netted me... *checks balance* ...$30k in the last month. This is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

what is that

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Mr. Pizza posted:

what is that

At first glance it looks like both a data aggregator and a discord community. The prior seems to be publicly accessible information (but probably put together well) and I'm guessing the latter is the real benefit.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Handen posted:

Goddamnit. Warrants.tech is pay-to-use now. I can't believe I have to pay $199/month for a service that has only netted me... *checks balance* ...$30k in the last month. This is bullshit.

wierd flex but okay

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Handen posted:

Liar. Wire me the $30k to prove it.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
How do y'all analyze the dilution section of the prospectus? What figures indicate a SPAC that has a structure friendly to main street investors? What figures indicate that the founders and sponsors have structured the SPAC to give themselves a huge payday?

In the first dilution to public shareholders table I'm assuming that we want the final tally for "Dilution to public shareholders" to be as close to $10.00 as possible? Is that correct?

For the second table showing initial/public shareholders I'm assuming that we want the public shareholders purchased percentage to be as large as possible because the initial shareholders are buying each eventual share at pennies on the dollar?

My general strategy is to dump common units at the first price jump but I'd like to be able to get a sense of which SPACs could be worth sticking around on if I like the target.

grenada fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 19, 2021

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Tortilla Maker posted:

Liar. Wire me the $30k to prove it.

What's your OnlyFans? ;-*

Mr. Pizza posted:

what is that

When it was free it was one of the most useful SPAC sites available. Has charts to organize SPACs by their commons vs warrants prices, you could sort it in a million different ways and export .csv files based on your choices to import into your broker app of choice. I set up a couple chart comparison flex sheets in TD's advanced dashboard with warrants all <$2 in early January that I was using to make my decisions, but it's outdated now and I need to redo the list but now it's gonna cost me.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 19, 2021

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
SPAC noob question. I didn't notice for a few days but it looks like AACQ popped up to ~$13 because it announced a DA with Origin Materials. From reading the OP etc. it seems like unless i'm looking to hold long term through the merger, this is about where I should get off? Or am I missing something about the SPAC life cycle that has the potential to cause another jump?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Yep. There can be a few other pops, like the actual DA vote, or random news. FUSE announced the DA and jumped on the 11th, then cratered to 10.76, then actually jumped a second time Tuesday (I didn't go hunting for why, I was just happy to get out of it with a modest gain).

But the initial DA announcement is probably going to be the best moment to get out

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
The guy mashing the market buy button on MTAC warrants is at it again. :birdthunk:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I picked up a bunch of FPAC warrants yesterday and they’re doing pretty decent today for some reason. While the underlying units are slightly down

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

karoshi posted:

The guy mashing the market buy button on MTAC warrants is at it again. :birdthunk:

The price of those kept jumping from 2.50-ish to 3.89 and I could get my limit order filled because of that. Finally got it, but it was annoying to watch.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

get me HQ! posted:

SPAC noob question. I didn't notice for a few days but it looks like AACQ popped up to ~$13 because it announced a DA with Origin Materials. From reading the OP etc. it seems like unless i'm looking to hold long term through the merger, this is about where I should get off? Or am I missing something about the SPAC life cycle that has the potential to cause another jump?

I actually got out of it this morning with a similar thought process.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
thanks for the responses. Out of AACQ and picked up more MTAC.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm sorry for the stupid question, but how do I tell if my shares include warrants? I'm using thinkorswim and bought NVSAU a few days ago. Do I need to log on to TD Ameritrade?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm sorry for the stupid question, but how do I tell if my shares include warrants? I'm using thinkorswim and bought NVSAU a few days ago. Do I need to log on to TD Ameritrade?

Anything with a U has a fraction of a warrant on it but will require you to split it when it can split.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Talking in Discord and sniffing around, it really seems like SCVX is getting ready to announce a deal pretty soon. Still pretty cheap too.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Tetramin posted:

I picked up a bunch of FPAC warrants yesterday and they’re doing pretty decent today for some reason. While the underlying units are slightly down

All my top performers today are warrants too.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

FistEnergy posted:

Talking in Discord and sniffing around, it really seems like SCVX is getting ready to announce a deal pretty soon. Still pretty cheap too.

There was a lengthy DD post on the SPACs subreddit, too. It outlined 4-5 possible cybersecurity companies they could merge with. Overall seems bullish and I picked some commons up.

PinkSox
Dec 27, 2003
I BUY BIG RED TITLES FOR MY FRIENDS

MTAC is sad, what do?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

GrandmaParty posted:

Anything with a U has a fraction of a warrant on it but will require you to split it when it can split.

Thank you! I'm looking up how it works on TD. Once I figure out something I'll attempt to report back.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Finally getting some cash out of RH and into my Ally account so I have a noobie question about warrant pricing.

If my goal to get into commons is “under 11” does that typically translate to a warrant price like “under 2.50” or so? I’m used to looking at numbers for the former and I’m trying to find some footing here.

Basically I’m trying to gauge if there’s anything glaringly stupid about paying 2.85 for MTAC warrants.

Edit: I am doing my research before spending actual money, but I’m trying to use MTAC as an example of how warrants are valued compared to commons. Having trouble understanding the importance of 11.50.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 19, 2021

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
A common under $11 is close to the floor. A Warrant at 2.50 implies a Common valued at $14 (2.50 + 11.50 redemption cost) so that's an overpriced warrant at 2.85 for sure. Now, if the merger goes places you can potentially net a greater return with warrants, but they're riskier and not priced correctly as of today.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I think it’s making sense. So I could relate the redemption cost, usually 11.50 for SPAC warrants, to something like an option’s strike price?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Warrants are pretty much identical to call options with the strike price at e.g. $11.50 with the exception that you can't exercise them before a certain date.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
And don't buy warrants with a market order. Limit orders only, or you might end up hating life.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
What’s everybody’s interest in MTAC? Seems to be getting a few mentions lately but I couldn’t find much about it r/SPACS

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
holy loving CCIV batman

Edit: In CCIV warrants at $5.90, out at $35. In commons at $50, out at $55. gently caress that noise.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 19, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CPUH (health tech focused) had what looks like a single huge buy at 2:26 today and units are now around 11.40

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
It looks like someone bought CCIV warrants at 10.50 there?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Handen posted:

And don't buy warrants with a market order. Limit orders only, or you might end up hating life.

Makes sense. Good tip.

Handen posted:

holy loving CCIV batman

It’s lower than what I sold it for :birdthunk:

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

Shear Modulus posted:

CPUH (health tech focused) had what looks like a single huge buy at 2:26 today and units are now around 11.40

drat. I was planning on buying more. Hopefully it will sell off gradually prior to the split so I can buy more at <11.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

drowningidiot posted:

What’s everybody’s interest in MTAC? Seems to be getting a few mentions lately but I couldn’t find much about it r/SPACS

I think medtech will be a thing. And it was at 10.40 a few days ago.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
After scrambling to set limit sells on my CCIV warrants and commons at the height of their retracement following that huge drop, I managed to walk away with a cool $20k profit. Biggest success to date.

I like SPACs.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

drowningidiot posted:

Pure guessery

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I understand how common price and timing would typically play a roll but what influences a warrant price to be worth upwards of 3 if the commons are staying below 11 like MTAC is doing? Hype?

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
i figured they'd push cciv below 60 to keep those options otm but i didnt expect it to drop that much lol. will be interesting to see what happens next week

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rolo posted:

I understand how common price and timing would typically play a roll but what influences a warrant price to be worth upwards of 3 if the commons are staying below 11 like MTAC is doing? Hype?

premium for leverage I suppose

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Rolo posted:

Pure speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Coolio, I’ve learned a lot about how warrants work today. Thanks thread!