Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bring in Ian and have his cameo end with Magneto being hit by a deaging Ray or smth and regenerating into someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Doctor Nutt posted:

, but like 75% of the spoilers on this page alone aren't actually spoiling anything on the show.

Yeah, it's not like any of those spoilers are guesses based on the most recent episode or something!

Oh.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s not like revealing spoiler-tagged stuff involves a secret code or anything. Just *click* (or *tap*). It’s really not a whole lot of effort for a little common courtesy.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
My sandwich joke hinged on the spoiler how dare you stifle me

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Doom2020! posted:

too effin silly for my taste and I love Legends of Tomorrow.

Well that’s just crazy.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

I didn't see this posted yet (might have missed it) but Kathryn Hahn is the one singing the song. :allears:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

.Z. posted:

I didn't see this posted yet (might have missed it) but Kathryn Hahn is the one singing the song. :allears:

What? That’s amazing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

OldSenileGuy posted:

https://youtu.be/Y7QZgH1eP2o

This thread has two types of people - people happily discussing the show and obeying the spoiler rules, and people saying poo poo like “these rules don’t make sense I don’t understand I like to debate inane minutia for no reason on the internet durrrrr”

Be more like the first kind of people and less like the second kind

okay, but it's still short episodes dropping once a week; catching up requires little enough time that 72 hours is ridiculously excessive. I doubt there are more than a tiny handful of people in this thread who aren't watching within 24 hours of premiere, and it's silly to cover the thread in black bars for an additional two days just for their benefit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Just use the tags.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey so before the opening credits while Wanda was getting the cereal the CC was showing dialogue for the news or something, but I didn't hear anything even when I went back and turned up the volume. Anyone hear anything?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I dunno how tiresome it would be if Quicksilver his the real quicksilver and we get a sweet slo-mo scene -the following contains spoilers from this episode- as he saves everyone in Westview from whatever SWORD is gonna throw/send at them. I think it was implied he was gonna bomb the town, right? Or does he has a surprise murder-Vision android clone?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So what was up with the fly on the curtain? They spent a weird amount of time focused on it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Vandar posted:

So what was up with the fly on the curtain? They spent a weird amount of time focused on it.

Between that and the more real looking TV shows I think it was supposed to show Agatha's house isn't under the effect of Wanda like everything else and is an actual "normal" home

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Vandar posted:

I figured it was to emphasize Wanda's state of mind, that she was finding Agatha's home really creepy and focusing in on even the little details to try and justify it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Saw this on twitter. I don't remember the specifics of the Dr. Strange scene. guess I'll spoiler just in case?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Oops... edit is not quote

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Roman posted:

Saw this on twitter. I don't remember the specifics of the Dr. Strange scene. guess I'll spoiler just in case?

Oh, even if it's not referencing that scene, I imagine that's where they're going with it, and it's probably leading to the basically assumed Cumberbatch cameo.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, even if it's not referencing that scene, I imagine that's where they're going with it, and it's probably leading to the basically assumed Cumberbatch cameo.

Maybe he is already in town, undercover! He could be quicksilver or the mailman trying to figure out what is going on before showing his hand.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Roman posted:

I had already pointed out the hexagon shape in the Doctor Strange movie , but didn't notice the missing book. That's by the way, if I recall correctly, the ancient one's sort of forbidden books that no one should read.. It's probably a coincidence. OR IS IT?

Vandar posted:

It wasn't a fly? I remember it was a cicada. It was indeed quite weird.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Maybe the cameo is Patrick Stewart but not as Prof X.

Patrick Stewart as Avery Bullock.

Who is also a Disney character now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Its Chocolate posted:

oh it's definitely gonna be Ian McKellen isn't it

Yep, definitely Ian McKellan...................'s younger self, Michael Fassbender!

Zero One posted:

Patrick Stewart as Avery Bullock.

Patrick Stewart as Avery Brooks, and WandaVision is a DS9 homage now. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vandar posted:

Again, I thought it was a pretty obvious reference. Lord of Flies. Y’know, Beelzebub. The Devil.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, definitely Ian McKellan...................'s younger self, Michael Fassbender!

Patrick Stewart as Avery Brooks, and WandaVision is a DS9 homage now. :colbert:

Blah blah it's real benny russell reference blah blah we're moving...

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Vandar posted:

I dunno, but it wasn't a fly it was a Cicada.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Viscous Soda posted:

I dunno, but it wasn't a fly it was a Cicada.

Thanks, I knew it was that.

Remember goons: Cicadas are larger and have flat heads (also noisy af). Flies are tinier and have weird round heads, Both are creeping insects if you think about it.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I think anyone expecting them to go back on there being a "villain" at all is going to be disappointed, but I think there's probably more to it than it seems on the surface: The bit before the "commercial" when Wanda talks to the camera, the voice asking her if she "deserves this" is decidedly not Agatha's. We DO see Agatha behind the chair in the end, it wouldn't be that insane to me if she can do magic her voice to be different, but just like when she was in the car with Vision it seems like something you're meant to notice seems a bit off. I would also be really surprised if Wanda is totally absolved of it all.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Just smdh if you don’t live in an area where cicadas are a constant auditory annoyance

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

nerdbot posted:

I think anyone expecting them to go back on there being a "villain" at all is going to be disappointed, but I think there's probably more to it than it seems on the surface: The bit before the "commercial" when Wanda talks to the camera, the voice asking her if she "deserves this" is decidedly not Agatha's. We DO see Agatha behind the chair in the end, it wouldn't be that insane to me if she can do magic her voice to be different, but just like when she was in the car with Vision it seems like something you're meant to notice seems a bit off. I would also be really surprised if Wanda is totally absolved of it all.

Go back and listen again I'm pretty sure they just put a filter on Hahn's voice to deepen it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One thing I really loved* is that when Vision realizes that doing a piece to camera makes zero sense and decides to leave, he starts to rise from the seat outside the truck, but then you see him actually leaving through the roof from the passenger seat inside the truck, as if the pieces to camera were entirely in their own heads almost like flashbacks or something.

* That and Elizabeth Olsen perfectly channeling Julie Bowen!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
The reveal: I know some people are annoyed about the possible direction it's going but god drat if that wasn't one of the best ways to do something people were expecting, within the context of the show. I smiled so hard my face almost split in half. "AND I KILLED SPARKY TOO!"

I love this dumb show and I don't want it to end.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Jerusalem posted:

* That and Elizabeth Olsen perfectly channeling Julie Bowen!

It's crazy because I've just been binging Modern Family since the whole series went up on Hulu and this was my exact thought.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just smdh if you don’t live in an area where cicadas are a constant auditory annoyance

It rules :hawksin:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
After the ending song, I went and listened to the Munsters theme from which it draws a huge amount of influence. It’s all so much fun!

Re: spoiler policy.

You’re probably right that 3 days is excessive, call it 48 hours from now on.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

nerdbot posted:

Actually it is. Someone over at Reddit discovered it's Kathryn Hahn's voice pitch shifted downwards.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Desperado Bones posted:

Thanks, I knew it was that.

Remember goons: Cicadas are larger and have flat heads (also noisy af). Flies are tinier and have weird round heads, Both are creeping insects if you think about it.

Cicadas feature prominently in symbolism for spiritual resurrection and transformation. Might make sense to use it if the theory about her attempting to bring back one of the dark dimension beings.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:shepicide: I know.

Thankfully they are seasonal insects over here so you don't have to deal with them all year long.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Cicadas feature prominently in symbolism for spiritual resurrection and transformation. Might make sense to use it if the theory about her attempting to bring back one of the dark dimension beings.

I was rewatching and noticed that When Monica was snooping around and before Pietro showed up you could heard the cicada. I'm gonna guess it's just for ambience noise, but let's have fun with crazy theories. I'm sadly not very versed in Marvel comics (stopped reading a while, and I had my fave character I loved to read), so...is there any character, besides Loki, that can shapeshift like that? Mephisto can do stuff like that?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

This week's intro title sequence was the best so far perfectly nailed the genre

Also Vision face to camera

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

DukeofCA posted:

It's crazy because I've just been binging Modern Family since the whole series went up on Hulu and this was my exact thought.

Yah its not a parody or an impression but its so in the spirit of how Julie Bowen talks on Modern Family.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just noticed something about Monica in the newest episode.
When she goes back into Westview, her eyes are blue. Clearly referencing her new powers. In the end credits scene, when she is examining the house her eyes are normal. Until she opens the basement, then they glow the same color as Agatha's powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Did anyone think anything of the few frames we saw of dottie with her roses when the fight on Wanda's lawn happened? Almost as short as the 'I know what you did Wanda' was.