Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gone Fashing posted:

there's a lot of QoL stuff in pd2 that isnt well documented. when you're in town, hover your cursor over someone and hit the zero key (not the one on the numpad). that'll show you their gear.

also re: loot filters i'd recommend downloading kryszard's from here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kryszard-POD/Kryszard-s-PD2-Loot-Filter/main/item.filter all you do is replace the contents of default.filter in your PD2 directory with the text in this file. then hit ctrl+R or just relaunch the game.

heroic. thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
other nice qol stuff i can think of off the top of my head:

hitting the 8 key brings up extended character stats. really useful for seeing fcr breakpoints, total MF, total resists, that kind of stuff. you can also hit o and then 8 to see your merc's extended stats

hitting the 7 key brings up the extended xp counter which will tell you how much xp you have left to go to the next level, your average xp/second in the current game, etc

you can shift right click when buying scrolls of tp to just fill up your tome (this might have been in vanilla), and you can do the same with potions to fill up belt slots

the pd2 in game settings (little settings button hiding in the lower left) has an option to always show items, so you dont have to hold alt all the time. ctrl+click to get the menu to pop up and go away

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gone Fashing posted:

other nice qol stuff i can think of off the top of my head:

hitting the 8 key brings up extended character stats. really useful for seeing fcr breakpoints, total MF, total resists, that kind of stuff. you can also hit o and then 8 to see your merc's extended stats

hitting the 7 key brings up the extended xp counter which will tell you how much xp you have left to go to the next level, your average xp/second in the current game, etc

you can shift right click when buying scrolls of tp to just fill up your tome (this might have been in vanilla), and you can do the same with potions to fill up belt slots

the pd2 in game settings (little settings button hiding in the lower left) has an option to always show items, so you dont have to hold alt all the time. ctrl+click to get the menu to pop up and go away

this rules. many thanks. 7 doesn't do anything for me but ill prowl around in the settings panel or whatever. maybe i goofed it up.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Olpainless posted:

Brand/Delirium Strafer. You won't necessarily kill the fastest but you will NEVER DIE. Confuse breaks the game. Also, whooshwooshwooshwhooshwhooshwoosh.

I solo'd all the way to the end of act 5 hell with a zeal amazon once. All points in the passive tree, I think I maxed the crit skill, attack rating skill, and valk then split the rest in the various dodge skills. There's a low/mid runeword for weapons that grants oskill zeal, so I made that in an elite 1H sword. Shield was sanctuary I think? For resist and faster hit recovery. Helm was delirium, for the reason you stated. You will never die. The rest of my slots I crammed in as much crushing blow as possible for %hp removal on uniques and bosses. And enough lifesteal to slowly wear down a boss without going back to town 40 times for health potions.

It was very slow and I did it as a challenge knowing it would be slow. But I got all the way to hell Baal and killed him with a melee sword amazon. On top of your damage being piddly compared to any other melee class, there's also the problem with dodge talents. If you are in the middle of jab, strafe, or even zeal and you successfully dodge an enemy attack, you still complete all the multiple attacks but you automatically miss on all of them. Delirium helm helped a lot, because most of the time monsters would be hitting each other instead of me so I wasn't getting spammed into endless dodges by being attacked.

the other thing was that delirium also meant that my valkyrie never died, and the mod I used where you can press 0 to look at other player's equipment also worked to look at your valkyrie's equipment, which are all rares that are generated when you summon the valk. So I would go through a few summons in town at the start of my session until I got one with a beefy weapon.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 16, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
whats the story with map drops? I finished hell baal quest last night and haven't found one after 2x runs consisting of:

- hell andy and minions
- vipermaji tomb
- trav & council
- mephy & friends
- chaos sanct and diablo
- baal

do i need to modify the loot filter posted upthread, or are they just low drop? does mf matter?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

they drop at a decent rate, the filter is fine youre just maybe unlucky

edit: pmed you, i have a ton for free

mbt fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 16, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I know Lag-o-mancers are not meta or even that great in the scheme of things, but I never get tired of running them. Just something so magical about filling up the screen with summons and blowing corpses up just to drop the frame rate down more :allears:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Smythe posted:

this rules. many thanks. 7 doesn't do anything for me but ill prowl around in the settings panel or whatever. maybe i goofed it up.

weird i'll check it when i get on tonight, could have sworn that was the right key. i also have a ton of maps if you want a few. can verify that the filter shows them just fine.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Mesadoram posted:

I know Lag-o-mancers are not meta or even that great in the scheme of things, but I never get tired of running them. Just something so magical about filling up the screen with summons and blowing corpses up just to drop the frame rate down more :allears:

They're the safest class in the game at least, and not at all item-dependent, so you can just start to hoover up stuff to get another character going.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Do we have a project d2 channel or discord? Just started a new account and enjoying actual widescreen

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i guess this is it but no one ever talks in it: https://discord.gg/ckw4R55K

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
you can also setup clans on the pd2 server, been considering setting up a goon clan. maybe better to do it that way than discord, idk. would be cool to run maps with goons.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Do eeeeeeet

You have my level 12 sword

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I'll definitely be up for joining a pd2 goon clan next season, which should be about a month for now. Can't wait to play again and wonder what they'll change for the next season.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
sweet I'll probably set one up in the next day or two and post the deets

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
No hype for the Resurrected™ announcement?

I haven't seen much other then the trailer yet, but so far on the surface my only gripe is that the new updated graphics look like crap, but if there's indeed a toggle for the old look like how StarCraft™ Remastered™ did it, then that would fix my current issue with Resurrected™, also keeping expectations in check of course because of Reforged™.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I very much doubt you'll be able to change it. They haven't just uprezzed the sprites, it's a full on remake with a switch to full 3D. It also looks a lot nicer than I expected after War3.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The barbarian's whirlwind animation looks like pants, as expected.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So now having seen more of this and from this video, new graphics, not bad actually.

stev posted:

I very much doubt you'll be able to change it. They haven't just uprezzed the sprites, it's a full on remake with a switch to full 3D. It also looks a lot nicer than I expected after War3.

Well I just saw this from reddit from a guy who said "they said" a toggle, I dunno if it's legit, I'm still just gathering the news.

Apparently there's also mod support too, I kinda doubt it won't be limited, but seeing MedianXL in something form like this would be a sight to behold for sure. Also mod in a Maphack.

But some of these... (higher-res.)

Oof.

Lastly, seems like a good overview of it all here.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 20, 2021

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
looks like mobile game art now, imo

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

quote:

The item visuals on your character will be more similar/the same as their inventory counterparts and vice-versa!

Teenage me would have been thrilled at this (it's still a nice change). You're going to get a better idea of gear just from looking at another player.

Crypts will be spookier :hehe:

Hey it's $40, right? I'm in.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looks great, in my opinion. The only thing that I didn't care for were the animations. They're the same as the original's but mapped on a 3D model and they don't look as good. There's no weight or power behind them. But that's my only gripe.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
All I wanted was a better resolution, but its weird to think they'll keep stuff the same when some skills are legit useless in D2.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Reminds me quite a bit of the brood war remaster. The shared storage that also seems larger will make transitioning back to vanilla d2 more manageable for sure, apparently auto pickup for gold is a toggle option as well. These are the kinds of things that will let me convince others to play this 20 year old game.

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
Looks good to me, I hope they come through with making it modding friendly

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
this'll be great purely if they can implement it without all the poo poo that broke the original game i.e. duping, certain scripts that completely ruined pvp, and the creation of bugged runeword items

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Donut posted:

lol

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
If it’s got maphack somehow, then we’re in business.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Suxpool posted:

this'll be great purely if they can implement it without all the poo poo that broke the original game i.e. duping, certain scripts that completely ruined pvp, and the creation of bugged runeword items

Gimme those white rings and Ith sword!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
would have loved to see a zealot in the trailer. rip. no love for my fav class.

martial arts assa combat looked really bad. all sludgy. felt very good to "combo that poo poo" in og d2. nice and crisp.

druid volcano looked cool as hell though

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Smythe posted:

would have loved to see a zealot in the trailer. rip. no love for my fav class.

martial arts assa combat looked really bad. all sludgy. felt very good to "combo that poo poo" in og d2. nice and crisp.

druid volcano looked cool as hell though

The fire/light looks amazing, wonder how cool the hydra will look?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

crondaily posted:

The fire/light looks amazing, wonder how cool the hydra will look?

would love to see 10 of these on the act 1 door preventing people from collecting their bodies, ears on every tile of the floor

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I’m hype for the remaster announcement! Please don’t gently caress this up, Blizz! :pray:

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Smythe posted:

would love to see 10 of these on the act 1 door preventing people from collecting their bodies, ears on every tile of the floor

This warms my cold black heart.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Donut posted:

Yeah that’s definitely been something Blizzard cares about lmfao

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Pragmatica posted:

I’m hype for the remaster announcement! Please don’t gently caress this up, Blizz! :pray:

same, but if they do gently caress it up i hope it's some monumental fuckup instead of a tiny one so that we can all get our money back.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Maybe there will be some awesome mods in 3-5 years that will get me playing again.

D2:R:ES anyone??

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

crondaily posted:

All I wanted was a better resolution, but its weird to think they'll keep stuff the same when some skills are legit useless in D2.

I just want rune gambling. It will solve the problem of useless gold and hopefully drive some business away from dupers and third party sites.

Garfu posted:

Maybe there will be some awesome mods in 3-5 years that will get me playing again.

D2:R:ES anyone??

OH MY GOD. I will pay 10x the cost of D2:R for just that

Seamonster fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 20, 2021

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Seamonster posted:

I just want rune gambling. It will solve the problem of useless gold and hopefully drive some business away from dupers and third party sites.

What would the chance be on that? Like a LK chest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Probably tie it to clvl = mlvl for purposes of drop calculation.

I could live with getting El/Eld/Tir/Nef/Eth/Ith runes 95/100 shots at say, 50k gold a shot and still be happy.