Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Spoken like an anti-dentite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Dr. Whatley. He converts to Judaism for the jokes.

You’re a RABID ANTIDENTITE

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

My daughter and I have been watching MitM over the past few months. It's held up really well imo

I always remember Hal’s taste in music was pretty good. I think that was the only time I’ve ever heard a character in a show or movie mention King Crimson.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Dr. Whatley. He converts to Judaism for the jokes.

I’m pretty sure there’s a Pats fan poster who still has that as their name.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Scotties tournament of hearts has started, a whole week of curling. A good week.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

You’re a RABID ANTIDENTITE

They DO have their own schools!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bryan Cranston was in Saving Private Ryan? As some guy who has one line or something?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bryan Cranston was in Saving Private Ryan? As some guy who has one line or something?

Basically. He’s plays a colonel with one arm in the war department early in the movie, when one of the typists notices the multiple letters going to Mrs. Ryan. He’s the second officer they bring it to before going to General Marshall, is basically in two scenes, and has maybe two or three lines.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

Scotties tournament of hearts has started, a whole week of curling. A good week.

if there is an olympics next year we can all watch that instead of the super bowl

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

imagine my shock that vin diesel was in it

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

beaten badly

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

saintonan posted:

beaten badly

I’m impressed someone else knew his name was Colonel Bryce. It’s never stated, he’s usually just credited as “war department officer” or some such, and blink and you’d miss the name on his desk sorta thing, so you still get credit for it. :cheers:

EDIT: lol you edited that quick

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like all the random cameos in Saving Private Ryan

Bryan Cranston
Nathan Fillion
Ted Danson
Paul Giamatti

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was reading something that brought Herbie Hancock's VMA award up and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY

I'm convinced the 80's were some sort of weird fever dream everyone was going through at the same time.

e: this is apparently the first MTV video that included scratching, which doesn't seem right to me but I guess it is.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 20, 2021

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CannonFodder posted:

It's weird seeing a young Walter White as a lovable goofball.

Cranston did a ton of tiny bit roles until Malcolm in the Middle gave him a profile and Breaking Bad made him a star. Beyond Tim Whatley and the Saving Private Ryan appearances that were mentioned, off the top of my head I can remember him as an Earthforce captain in an episode of Babylon 5, he had a brief spot in That Thing You Do, he was amazing in an episode of The X-Files (which made Vince Gilligan want him for Breaking Bad), he had an amazing bit as a Neil Diamond impersonator in an episode of 3rd Rock, I believe he was Buzz Aldrin in a few episodes of From the Earth to the Moon, and I think he appeared in probably every CBS procedural that aired in the '90s. He was really all over TV without making a name for himself for quite some time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You're right. Cranston played Buzz Aldrin in two episodes of From the Earth to the Moon.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He was in Power Rangers for an episode, too, right?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
He was Zordon in the 2017 Power Rangers movie.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ehud posted:

I like all the random cameos in Saving Private Ryan

Bryan Cranston
Nathan Fillion
Ted Danson
Paul Giamatti

Yeah, it’s interesting watching it over and seeing someone pop up for the “holy poo poo I forgot they were in this” feeling.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I watched Saving Private Ryan recently and this & Saving Private Ryan are chock-full of actors that ended up in all sorts of poo poo I love.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
War movies and shows are usually good for that sorta stuff, as that one poster who watched Platoon for the first time a few weeks noticed. Black Hawk Down, Band of Brothers, and the Pacific are also pretty solid for a bunch of guys popping up in bit roles before they became bigger names years later. Off-hand, Michael Fassbender and Simon Pegg have blink and you’d miss them roles in Band of Brothers, James McAvoy is in one episode, Tom Hardy in both that and Black Hawk Down, Rami Malek and Jon Bernthal in the Pacific, among various others.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Cranston also was a neighbor for a few episodes of King of Queens, a spectacularly annoying character

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/1286313488743268352?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

fartknocker posted:

War movies and shows are usually good for that sorta stuff, as that one poster who watched Platoon for the first time a few weeks noticed. Black Hawk Down, Band of Brothers, and the Pacific are also pretty solid for a bunch of guys popping up in bit roles before they became bigger names years later. Off-hand, Michael Fassbender and Simon Pegg have blink and you’d miss them roles in Band of Brothers, James McAvoy is in one episode, Tom Hardy in both that and Black Hawk Down, Rami Malek and Jon Bernthal in the Pacific, among various others.

The most unwelcome cameo ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq5qRy-ErWA

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You're right. Cranston played Buzz Aldrin in two episodes of From the Earth to the Moon.

That's a miniseries I haven't seen in quite some time, probably not since college, now that I think about it. I should look it up whenever I get home. I remember it being stupidly well cast.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Things were different before 9/11 lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Cranston also really lit up Greg Kinnear in hilarious fashion in Little Miss Sunshine.

Also yeah it was me who watched platoon like 30 something years after everyone else and couldn’t believe how star studded it was.

:smith: Elias :smith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Cranston will always be Hal from Malcom in the Middle to me.

seiferguy posted:

Wow Netflix gave Rohan Kishibe his own series. I watched the first episode and... it's interesting to say the least!

My wife thought it was going to be capital N "New JoJo" so she's a little taken aback by how eerie it is. I'm enjoying it though!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I for one thank Jimmy Fallon singlehandedly killing off any sympathy for Red Sox fans with Fever Pitch.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fallon wants to mug the camera so bad in that

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Timby posted:

That's a miniseries I haven't seen in quite some time, probably not since college, now that I think about it. I should look it up whenever I get home. I remember it being stupidly well cast.

I rewatched it recently and the cast is spectacular

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

This is the longest he's ever been filmed without laughing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Android Apocalypse posted:

I for one thank Jimmy Fallon singlehandedly killing off any sympathy for Red Sox fans with Fever Pitch.

Jimmy Fallon is a Yankees fan irl so I'd like to think he knew what he was doing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Cranston also really lit up Greg Kinnear in hilarious fashion in Little Miss Sunshine.

Also yeah it was me who watched platoon like 30 something years after everyone else and couldn’t believe how star studded it was.

don't worry, i only watched it for the first time a couple of months ago

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

fartknocker posted:

Orlando Bloom was in Blackhawk Down as a small role of "guy who fast-ropes down too fast and gets injured" which was released the same year as Fellowship. His part was filmed before Fellowship was in theaters so he became a star between filming and release.

Fellowship of the Ring released 19 December 2001
Blackhawk Down released 18 January 2002

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 20, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember when they tried to cast orlando bloom in serious roles

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, for a good, sad drama movie, Tigertail on Netflix is an excellent watch. It was directed by Alan Yang, who was one of the writers on Parks & Recreation, about an immigrant sacrificing what he loves to come to America.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

LeeMajors posted:

Thinking about it more, a bunch of the Vietnam movies from that era are kinda like that. Hamburger Hill has Don Cheadle and Courtney Vance, Casualties of War has John Leguizamo and was John C. Reilly’s first movie.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Attn: Ross

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1362817836540780544

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fartknocker posted:

Thinking about it more, a bunch of the Vietnam movies from that era are kinda like that. Hamburger Hill has Don Cheadle and Courtney Vance, Casualties of War has John Leguizamo and was John C. Reilly’s first movie.

John C Reilly always pops up in funny places. I rewatched The River Wild last year and forgot he was Villain Kevin Bacon’s lackey.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

John C Reilly always pops up in funny places. I rewatched The River Wild last year and forgot he was Villain Kevin Bacon’s lackey.

The River Wild was one of his 3 movies that got him the prestigious John C. Reilly award!