Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

symbolic posted:

Rating: Kool Kong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Quote posted:

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble.

I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?

Who would ever swap the jungle for this setting? The first world especially doesn't feel like DKC at all. I feel like I'm playing a cheap Salute Your Shorts tie in by Acclaim or Interplay. Donkey Lips Kong.

I remember my mother coming to check on me periodically at the demo kiosk. The year before I'd gotten lost in a blizzard and she went through a very protective phase. She was wearing a black dress and shiny earrings. This was 18 years before American politics snapped her brain and she created an unhealable rift between us.

"Is this something you'd want for Christmas?" she asked.

I shook my head and felt the stiff collar of my white shirt rub against my neck. I already had an N64. I had played Mario 64. This game, brand new, was already a relic.

The game stuffers without David Wise doing the music. The music that is there is servicible, but I can't help but wonder about the jug band bops and hambone beats that Wise would have written with the new setting. But even that would have been a poor balm to spread over uninspired levels. Never once did I get a wow moment. Never once was I pleasantly surprised by a new mechanic or the placement of a bonus barrel.

Why does Kiddy Kong exist? He brings no new mechanics to the game. He serves the same role as DK did in the first game. He's the heavy. We have a heavy. His name is Donkey Kong. The main character of the series is unplayable more often than not in the SNES trilogy that bears his name.

There is one thing that I will give the game credit for--i found all the secrets myself. The removal of bustable walls that are all but unmarked is to thank for this. It was a black mark on the original and I'm glad it's gone.

I can't recommend this game. I played it because it occupied a small space in my head for 20 years. Space that can now be cleared, ready to be occupied by some other skulking thing that took root when I was young and the world was magic.

103% 6 hours 12 minutes. Rating: Kool Kong

can everyone please beat games like this now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also kiddy kong exists because rare are a bunch of perverted freaks that find the babys stinky diaper irresistible op

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quote posted:

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble.

I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?

Who would ever swap the jungle for this setting? The first world especially doesn't feel like DKC at all. I feel like I'm playing a cheap Salute Your Shorts tie in by Acclaim or Interplay. Donkey Lips Kong.

I remember my mother coming to check on me periodically at the demo kiosk. The year before I'd gotten lost in a blizzard and she went through a very protective phase. She was wearing a black dress and shiny earrings. This was 18 years before American politics snapped her brain and she created an unhealable rift between us.

"Is this something you'd want for Christmas?" she asked.

I shook my head and felt the stiff collar of my white shirt rub against my neck. I already had an N64. I had played Mario 64. This game, brand new, was already a relic.

The game stuffers without David Wise doing the music. The music that is there is servicible, but I can't help but wonder about the jug band bops and hambone beats that Wise would have written with the new setting. But even that would have been a poor balm to spread over uninspired levels. Never once did I get a wow moment. Never once was I pleasantly surprised by a new mechanic or the placement of a bonus barrel.

Why does Kiddy Kong exist? He brings no new mechanics to the game. He serves the same role as DK did in the first game. He's the heavy. We have a heavy. His name is Donkey Kong. The main character of the series is unplayable more often than not in the SNES trilogy that bears his name.

There is one thing that I will give the game credit for--i found all the secrets myself. The removal of bustable walls that are all but unmarked is to thank for this. It was a black mark on the original and I'm glad it's gone.

I can't recommend this game. I played it because it occupied a small space in my head for 20 years. Space that can now be cleared, ready to be occupied by some other skulking thing that took root when I was young and the world was magic.

103% 6 hours 12 minutes. Rating: Kool Kong

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

trying to jack off posted:

can everyone please beat games like this now

i beat that game like 3 times when i was a kid. it would be way harder to do it now

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hunter s thompson: i was nobody at the time and met up with a sailor from the yucatan pulling a second shift as supplier for the zetas. The drugs got him years later, and it made no headlines, but what made the papers were his wares, and for good reason. He was hip enough to use the obviously fake name "Uncle N.", and supplied nitrites so powerful they could propel the challenger and have enough for the trip back home. I took a whiff of some poppers and followed him down a hallway. Whatever room wasnt plastered with leather daddies and fetish gear was covered in glass bottle shards from the brawls taking place earlier, but soon he took me to a special pristine room, for a unique new type of gas.

In this clinical room, he turns on the lone computer.
i beat gender bender gas dna twister.
It was then that i knew, football season truly was over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?
                                                                                                                                                                              /

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Hunter s thompson: i was nobody at the time and met up with a sailor from the yucatan pulling a second shift as supplier for the zetas. The drugs got him years later, and it made no headlines, but what made the papers were his wares, and for good reason. He was hip enough to use the obviously fake name "Uncle N.", and supplied nitrites so powerful they could propel the challenger and have enough for the trip back home. I took a whiff of some poppers and followed him down a hallway. Whatever room wasnt plastered with leather daddies and fetish gear was covered in glass bottle shards from the brawls taking place earlier, but soon he took me to a special pristine room, for a unique new type of gas.

In this clinical room, he turns on the lone computer.
i beat gender bender gas dna twister.
It was then that i knew, football season truly was over.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential. I played this game on a display SNES at Sears while my family was waiting to get out family portrait taken. Even at 12 years old something about the way it looked troubled me. It looked like plastic where the preceding two games looked like clay. It stank of the worst type of appalachian Americana. Who invited the Country Bear Jamboree?
                                                                                                                                                                              /

Lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

/

lmfao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

/

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

/

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

/

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

also kiddy kong exists because rare are a bunch of perverted freaks that find the babys stinky diaper irresistible op

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao sick poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

/

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

In Training posted:

/

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

In Training posted:

/

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I remember when I had my own web site in 2004 and I wrote epic screeds about my life for each video game review of hits like illusion of gaia, earthbound and Intellivision's beauty and the beast.

when do we get to see your sprite comic, op?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I remember when I had my own web site in 2004 and I wrote epic screeds about my life for each video game review of hits like illusion of gaia, earthbound and Intellivision's beauty and the beast.

I made a video game blog in grade school where I wrote multiple entries about how Sonic Adventure DX was the greatest game of all time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

In Training posted:

/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hesitated for a moment, for I knew, as I forever wed my unutterable visions to that finite, drifting control stick, that my mind would never romp with the mind of God, and the Nintendo 64 opened it's delicate flower to me. It was then that I knew: I was about to beat Wizpig forever, and Diddy Kong Racing would be behind me, along with my youth.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
*as little literary embellishment as possible* BotW.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)
5. Super Mario World (96 exits)

What a great game

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

sega bass fishing (arcade mode). the last stage was funny. cool game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I made a video game blog in grade school where I wrote multiple entries about how Sonic Adventure DX was the greatest game of all time.

You were right

OpiumMan
Jun 14, 2007

In Training posted:

*grad schoo l

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Here come all the raretards to defend the objectively worst European platformer of all time, donkey kong country 3.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
its the best of the trilogy. wake up sheeple

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

2 is the best David Sirlin said so

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

its the best of the trilogy. wake up sheeple

none of them are very good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

none of them are very good

2 is ok, but i cant see myself going back

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Had dreams… Two of ’em. Both had Diddy Kong in ’em. It's peculiar. I'm older now then he ever was by twenty years. So in a sense he's the younger Kong. Anyway, first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewhere, he's gonna give me some bananas. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on Rambi goin' through the mountains of a night. Goin' through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin'. Never said nothin' goin' by. He just rode on past... and he had his t-shirt wrapped around him and his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin' fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. 'Bout the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin' on ahead and he was fixin' to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold, and I knew that whenever I got there I would find a DK coin. And then I woke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the music is the best part tbh.