Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
That's the most practical solution I've heard so far, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

He’s having a busy morning

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1363154218564132872?s=21

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1363155951856062465?s=21

Edit he’s going faster than i can post

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1363156336398266369?s=21

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Uh, what does he think Beyond Meat is

And is Farm to Plate synonymous with "not synthesised in a lab" in Nathen's reality?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Nathen has felt manic for like the last week. He uploaded like 100 posts to his IG story over the course of a few days. More than I felt like parsing through.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just having a normal one shouting at the sky about fake hamburgers

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
With all these insane public outbursts I feel you could use Nathen to effectively gauge the value of brands. Ask Nathen to buy a license for a brand, and if they agree to be shackled to a raving lunatic like him, it means you should never associate with that brand since It's clearly on its last legs and about to be axed by its owners.

necroid
May 14, 2009

on one hand he needs help, on the other hand I really want to see what this strange man can do

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Nathen’s gonna be Mayor of Earth someday when I’m too old and tired to deal with it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

steinrokkan posted:

With all these insane public outbursts I feel you could use Nathen to effectively gauge the value of brands. Ask Nathen to buy a license for a brand, and if they agree to be shackled to a raving lunatic like him, it means you should never associate with that brand since It's clearly on its last legs and about to be axed by its owners.

Brand valuation is basically a joke. There are 2 big companies that do these annual reports on "brand value" guess what kind of companies they are? Branding agencies.

I've seen companies like coca-cola unlevered and compared to their generic equivalents, and there's obviously some value there.

so I guess what I'm saying, is if you went to companies and said "how much would you pay to not have Nathen have the rights to use your branding and advertise for your company" that might be the closest to true brand value valuation that exists.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

So I was curious why Nathan made this Velma-erasure post, like does he just hate Velma?

Then I found out there's going to be an adult-oriented animated HBO show starring Velma. Then I found out a lot of chuds are mad because the show is being directed by an Indian woman and Velma is being voiced by her, and Velma herself will have some lesbian undertones, and her skin is noticeably darker than in the original source material.

Are these two things related? We may never know.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Is Nate going to kill Bill Gates in 20 years? Why that timeline? I'm kinda hoping he comes to the conclusion that synthetic meat is actually synthesized from Gates' muscle cells and really loses it.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Is there anything in the Bible about synthetic meat bringing about the Rapture? Nathen keeps repeating that 20 year line.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

CodfishCartographer posted:

Then I found out there's going to be an adult-oriented animated HBO show starring Velma. Then I found out a lot of chuds are mad because the show is being directed by an Indian woman and Velma is being voiced by her, and Velma herself will have some lesbian undertones, and her skin is noticeably darker than in the original source material.

Are these two things related? We may never know.
Just like deciding whether a property is terrible by whether Nathen Mazri licenses it, I think "triggering the Nazis" is a great sign that you should immediately get more invested in following a property (what do you mean, in this case it is basically the same property?)

Also I am glad the times are finally catching up to the realization that, if cosplayers are a good indication (and, clearly, they always are), Velma is clearly not meant to be boringly white anyway

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Whatever went into making Garfield's orange pizza sauce is far worse for the human body than whatever Bill Gates is engineering.

Nathan really seems all in on the farm2table freshness of frozen lasagna meals

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Velma supports Fake Cows #farm2plate #billgateswilldiein20years

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really hope HBO has demanded he’s not allowed to use her as they see him as damaging to their brand.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Psalm 90:10 posted:

The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away

so Nathen is off by five years either way

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
“Kill our bodies for the climate?” Like a year of Big Cow Lasagna isn’t going to do anything bad for your body? It’s just processed meat and cheese and bleached flour.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
What an insane business minded person. “Hmm my business is a failure, surely it’s because plant based meats are stealing all my customers. Bill Gates you have 20 years to return them to me, meanwhile I will make a direct appeal to the people themselves not to buy a product not at all connected to or impacting my business”

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Detective Thompson posted:

Is Nate going to kill Bill Gates in 20 years?

That, or that Bill Gates has about 20 years left on his life expectancy, he's 65 years old

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It's extra funny cus in the first "episode" of that Doc series about garfeats there's a scene of him explicitly asking for the shipment of beyond meat or something, isn't there?

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Nathen has been in the midst of a manic episode maybe the last five days imo. He’s been posting a lot a lot.

He responded to like fifteen news articles including an Onion one with this copy paste.

And this is just special.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lt. Cock posted:

Nathen has been in the midst of a manic episode maybe the last five days imo. He’s been posting a lot a lot.

He responded to like fifteen news articles including an Onion one with this copy paste.

And this is just special.

One Twitter account wasn't enough for him, so he finally started posting on the account for his lovely book

https://twitter.com/arabiolosis/status/1363166138310545408?s=19

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
That book is complete nonsense.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
So is Nathen's whole life on this side of the planet, but that doesn't stop him

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

One Twitter account wasn't enough for him, so he finally started posting on the account for his lovely book

https://twitter.com/arabiolosis/status/1363166138310545408?s=19

I hate this

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Agent Escalus posted:

So is Nathen's whole life on this side of the planet, but that doesn't stop him

Nothing will ever stop him.
Nothing can ever stop him.
Meat never dies.
You have 20 years.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lt. Cock posted:

the cat let him down and the landmonsters took everything

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

This is gonna make for an excellent Down the Rabbit Hole vid in like another 2-3 years.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the cat never let anybody down. the garfield "fans" let themselves down. and they let down nathen mazri. but garfield has always been without sin

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Pretty good posted:

This is gonna make for an excellent Down the Rabbit Hole vid in like another 2-3 years.

Lmao you think Nathan will stop that soon

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Nathen will end up as mayor of that insane Sim City 3000 that they're building in Saudi Arabia.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Aside from fickle cartoon character branding, Nathen's food has few selling points.Slimming? No. Choice of portion sizes? No. Avalilable at your local store? No.

So instead he gets precious about his meat being from a farm.

It's a not uncommon delusion amongst new agey etc. types that only and all "natural" food is healthy. Including, of course, arsenic, poison ivy, Datura and the like.

Impossible burgers etc. might be said by sensible people to be more healthy for cows, at minimum, and presumably the amino acid nutrients therein are identical to those in 'farm2plate' meat.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 21, 2021

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Just want to highlight that he chose to direct this particular piece of his insane ranting at a TV show about a fictional burger restaurant. Does he think Bob is going to come out of the TV and agree with him about the purity of true beef?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Haulin Oates posted:

That, or that Bill Gates has about 20 years left on his life expectancy, he's 65 years old

It’s this. It’s an extension to his “youth is an asset not a liability” thing

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

goodog posted:

Nathen will end up as mayor of that insane Sim City 3000 that they're building in Saudi Arabia.

Lmao

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Last Chance posted:

It’s this. It’s an extension to his “youth is an asset not a liability” thing

Is this Peter Pan syndrome? He is not young.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lt. Cock posted:

... this is just special.

Yeah, I've known some bipolar people, this has the classic hallmarks of a manic episode. Overexcitement, selfishness, self-centredness and massive ego. It would be hard to respond less sensitively to a recent death announcement. Just Nathen's stupid face on his avatar is bad enough, then he makes the FREE! Offer! Condolences!

gently caress. Your meds just might need adjustment, Nathen. I mean prescribed meds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I’m mad at this guy for how mentally ill he is. I know that’s not right, but neither are any of the unchecked manifestations of his condition. When rich people are mentally ill, it’s up to poor people to cope with it and pick up the pieces. You can literally buy acceptance for your crazy poo poo, with money. When poor people are mentally ill, they’re shut in or they go to jail. It’s no wonder Nathens tirade against landmonsters didn’t metastasize into any deeper notion of exploitation or class consciousness.