Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mebh posted:

I mean this is already the case with the "dangerous radical left" and our calls to "punch nazis" and "equality for all"
itym "liberté, égalité, algérie"

e: The Peugeot 106 was a small car produced by French automaker Peugeot between 1991 and 2003 until woke islamo-femi-marxo-fascists banned it for being insufficiently LGBT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I mean the work has already been started by extending the Corbyn smear campaign to conflate anticapitalism with anti-semitism. It's only a hop skip and an extremely stupid jump from there to suggesting that if you think Jeff Bezos should pay more tax you're basically in ISIS

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Failed Imagineer posted:

My pro-geria philosophy has aged poorly

:v:

E: come to think of it I've only heard of progeria from reading Tad Williams' Otherland books.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 20, 2021

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
when people back home ask me how brexit and covid etc are going i’m just gonna send them this

https://twitter.com/bumpfn/status/1363133887866617856

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Some fancy pizza place near me puts chilli honey on the pizzas and it is, in fact, the loving bomb

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
*you wouldn’t download a car voice* you wouldn’t put honey on a pizza

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cheese and honey go well together so I don't really see why you couldn't put it on pizza.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I love honey but honey on pizza is just wrong. It’s another example of the creeping increasing sweetness of everything.

OwlFancier posted:

Cheese and honey go well together so I don't really see why you couldn't put it on pizza.

Cheese =/= hot pizza

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I don't particularly like sweet stuff in my savoury food but the chilli honey is so good I immediately went and learned how to make it myself so I could put it on more pizzas

E it's not quite as big a revelation as Priya's garlic pickle is. Which is the only thing I've tasted that was so good I got angry.
Coz I'd wasted so much time I coulda been eating it up to that point.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Guavanaut posted:

"Universities are copying things from America such as, uh, tolerating races (bad) and gender theory (the bad genders), so let's copy 'irrational fear of something I just made up called Islamo-Communism' from Rush Limbaugh and shout about it."

The French Presidential Election 2022:

To be fair, I think Macron may have the Bonapartist vote in the bag. Didn’t someone post a while ago that Le Pen was backing away saying “you know, that’s a bit too fascist for me?”

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cutting up a mars bar and putting it on a margherita pizza

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bump_fn posted:

cutting up a mars bar and putting it on a margherita pizza

A marsgherita.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

therattle posted:

A marsgherita.

gently caress i can’t believe i missed this!!!!!!!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

bump_fn posted:

when people back home ask me how brexit and covid etc are going i’m just gonna send them this

https://twitter.com/bumpfn/status/1363133887866617856

no the best thing to come out last year was me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

therattle posted:

Cheese =/= hot pizza

I mean, I eat it with hot cheese, baked camembert or similar cheese with bread and honey is delicious.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, I eat it with hot cheese, baked camembert or similar cheese with bread and honey is delicious.

Do you also have tomato sauce and other toppings?

bump_fn posted:

gently caress i can’t believe i missed this!!!!!!!

It was just begging to be done.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Beefeater1980 posted:

To be fair, I think Macron may have the Bonapartist vote in the bag. Didn’t someone post a while ago that Le Pen was backing away saying “you know, that’s a bit too fascist for me?”
Yeah, Macron has managed to game it so that FN Rassemblement National are the 'kind of a fascist' in this case.

I'd say "to his credit" but you don't deserve credit for that poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

therattle posted:

Do you also have tomato sauce and other toppings?

I've not put tomato sauce in the camembert no but, like, honey would go well with peperoni, probably mushrooms too, it goes well with most things honestly, and I use it to make a very basic sweet sauce by mixing it with tomato sauce so it goes with that too.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
honey on a kebab
honey on a ribeye steak
honey on sushi

poo poo he’s a genius....

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Honey on a kebab is definitely not weird, like honey roast meat is literally a thing.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

I've not put tomato sauce in the camembert no but, like, honey would go well with peperoni, probably mushrooms too, it goes well with most things honestly, and I use it to make a very basic sweet sauce by mixing it with tomato sauce so it goes with that too.

Pervert.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Honey, stilton, walnuts and figs make an excellent salad.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Dipping cheddar cheese in honey is really nice. Learned about it in Rome a couple of years back.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sweet chilli sauce is the pro tier cheese dip. I like a spoonful of honey in a stir fry though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Going to have honey on pizza tonite and report.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

therattle posted:

I love honey but honey on pizza is just wrong. It’s another example of the creeping increasing sweetness of everything.
2005- burgers are served in bun
2015- burgers are served in a brioche
2025- burgers are served in a battenburg

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Sweet chilli sauce is the pro tier cheese dip. I like a spoonful of honey in a stir fry though.

Honey is also the basis for just about every decent barbecue sauce/marinade too.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Endjinneer posted:

2005- burgers are served in bun
2015- burgers are served in a brioche
2025- burgers are served in a battenburg

I feel like it needs to be constantly said, but "classic" burger buns taste like absolute bland poo poo and fall apart the instant they make contact with burg. Brioche actually tastes nice and has structural integrity to survive the whole burg experience.

A big floury bap is also acceptable

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

There's a popular tapas dish which is basically just chorizo with honey and vinegar and it's pretty incredible so I imagine honey on pizza would be nice. Some people just scared of new things.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Dipping cheddar cheese in honey is really nice. Learned about it in Rome a couple of years back.

If you are the sole holder of the honey pot sure. My da used to dip cheddar in the jar of honey we had at home. loving awful going for honey and finding remnants of cheese (that had likely been in his mouth as he would multi-dip the cheese). Tried buying him his own honey jar but he'd just move on to the family one once he'd finished his own. :barf:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

absolute bland poo poo and fall apart the instant they make contact with burg.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

therattle posted:

A marsgherita.
deep friend mars bar calzone

welcome to the caledonian high cal calzone zone

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

I feel like it needs to be constantly said, but "classic" burger buns taste like absolute bland poo poo and fall apart the instant they make contact with burg. Brioche actually tastes nice and has structural integrity to survive the whole burg experience.

A big floury bap is also acceptable

Classic buns are good for very neat, tidy burgers which absolutely have their place. Anything even a bit sloppy tho requires reall bread integrity. Brioche is lovely. I also enjoy a toasted muffin burger as a between meals snack.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Looks like good old racist royal Phil might be popping his clogs soon

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Eh I've had brioche fall apart too. I don't really like it as a bun I want a savoury bun with sesame seeds on it

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Absolutely baps. Pre-cut burger "buns" are discs of disappointment. Integrity can be further improved by introducing adhesive cheese layers at the burger-bun interfaces. Omit salad at all costs. It serves no structural purpose.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
goon doesn’t like vegetables what a shock

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Might have mentioned before, but at the USA Bar in downtown Reykjavik I had a "Lindsay Lohan burger" which was a double burger between two donuts. Felt like someone had seen one of those food alignment charts and used it as a menu suggestion

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Looke posted:

Looks like good old racist royal Phil might be popping his clogs soon

I can't think what to do with the avatar when he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

deep friend mars bar calzone

welcome to the caledonian high cal calzone zone

Pfft if you're not covering it in Batter is it even Scottish cuisine?