Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kim Justice posted:

Alice Avizandum is awful and I have no idea how she manages to get a free pass for all the horrid poo poo she pulls.

Some people are really good at manipulating situations, either putting you on the back foot if you call them out on their poo poo behavior, or getting you on board with it as the "right way" of doing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Spark That Bled posted:

Yeah, but the Democrats are also doing this

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Are you really convinced the Democrats are really the bad guys? Do you feel the need to attack the Democrats and just brush aside four years of Trump trying to sell out your country?

What do you really stand for?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i hate all of you

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
starwars

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9KBwqGxTI

Here's the Internet Historian going over the entire timeline of the Costa Concordia tragedy that happened back in 2012.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Rise of Skywalker was a dumb joke. At least it was funnier than any of the comedy George Lucas did.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Spark That Bled posted:

Are you really convinced the Democrats are really the bad guys? Do you feel the need to attack the Democrats and just brush aside four years of Trump trying to sell out your country?

I don't know why you feel like climbing up on a crucifix so that the c-spam wing of this thread can riddle your body with arrows but you're not going to persuade or win over anyone here. The democrats are just as rotted and corrupted by money as the republican party, and some people are going to be more cynical about that than others.

Spark That Bled posted:

Rise of Skywalker was a dumb joke. At least it was funnier than any of the comedy George Lucas did.

Not a fan of Radioland Murders?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If you're my age you shouldn't be like this unless you have Memento disease since we lived through the Obama admin.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Nuns with Guns posted:

Not a fan of Radioland Murders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYK_Kr3Q5gA&t=110s

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Spark That Bled posted:

youre embarrassing yourself

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Kim Justice posted:

Alice Avizandum is awful and I have no idea how she manages to get a free pass for all the horrid poo poo she pulls.

There's an entire subculture of mean girl transwomen on Twitter who spend their days dropping the most misanthropic, irony-poisoned takes about inbetween bouts of making GBS threads on other trans people and other queer identities (particularly Asexuals/Aces, Embies, Pans and Polys) and will never ever see any meaningful backlash for it because their podcasting buddies/listeners will rally around them no matter what.

It sucks!

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 20, 2021

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Groovelord Neato posted:

If you're my age you shouldn't be like this unless you have Memento disease since we lived through the Obama admin.

I think you and I have different memories of the Obama administration.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spark That Bled posted:

I think you and I have different memories of the Obama administration.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Stop talking about politics please I will take a star wars/Snyder/contra derail over this.

For real tho take it to another forum or get probed

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Alice is pure garbage.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Your argument doesn't even make any sense, since the guy in Memento has anterograde amnesia. He can't make new memories, not forget old ones.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Spark That Bled posted:

Your argument doesn't even make any sense, since the guy in Memento has anterograde amnesia. He can't make new memories, not forget old ones.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Next to harassing the icelandic lady which was a bunch of shameful bullshit, never forget this one either.

I genuinely wish nothing but bad things for them.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

edit:didnt see mod post

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCA5ByrQe4

this man has the most cursed food opinions

he likes the poptart corners :psyduck:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I just had a youtube ad promising me bigger balls.

Is this anything?

https://youtu.be/T0EFqPWWrMI

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 20, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

We need to bring back gulags.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejQ0D41Fos4

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

The corners are my favorite part of poptarts, is that really so unusual?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mischievous Mink posted:

Yes it doesn't have any of the good stuff.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mischievous Mink posted:

Depending on how far in you define 'corners', they're the part that's unfrosted and doesn't have any filling. Bread is your favorite part of the poptart. The sweet bread.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPbfP9ST9jk

Spacedock breaks from their usual content to talk about what Audible is doing to screw content creators

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Junpei Hyde posted:

Stop talking about politics please I will take a star wars/Snyder/contra derail over this.

For real tho take it to another forum or get probed

Okay: there has been a bizarre rise in people with hot take opinions about how Sucker Punch was good, actually, now that the movie is like ten years old and that people only dislike it because they have a irrational hatred of snyder.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Archer666 posted:

Here's the Internet Historian going over the entire timeline of the Costa Concordia tragedy that happened back in 2012.

I will genuinely never tire of hearing about what a gently caress up this was.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Okay: there has been a bizarre rise in people with hot take opinions about how Sucker Punch was good, actually, now that the movie is like ten years old and that people only dislike it because they have a irrational hatred of snyder.

Sucker Punch does have one redeemable quality, and it's the opening sequence where without a single line of dialogue you're told the tragic events that end with the main character locked up at the asylum.

But that's just the first three minutes of the movie, tricking you into watching the rest of the garbage.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I barely remember sucker punch tbh

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sucker Punch, in my eyes, is an interesting failure. I don't think it quite executes on the idea it's going for but that's me half-remembering it from watching it a few years ago. It's basically a film that's a direct response to Whedon's brand of feminism - women who kick major rear end but ultimately have no agency whatsoever or their entire character revolves around the relationship they have with another character. I'm sure one of the other CineD folks will better explain why it works for them. Some make pretty compelling cases.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Archer666 posted:

I wish his sponsors would pay him double. His ads are the only ones I watch multiple times.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Sydin posted:

She got into a fight with another trans woman who owns a house in Iceland and rents it out for evicting somebody, and told said person to kill themselves for being a piece of poo poo landlord. Except:
a) That woman wanted to run the house as a coop but Icelandic law doesn't allow her to, so she rented out rooms for insanely below market rates.
b) The person she evicted had literally tried to rape her multiple times.
c) Once both these things came to light, Alice refused to just take the L and instead decided to dig through this person's feed to find justification for her actually being secretly terrible, and also weaponized the WTYPP twitter and their fanbase to create a dogpile.

Alice and Liam in particular have a very Trumpian "I refuse to admit I'm wrong even over the most petty bullshit" streak to them.

the really wild thing is i'm pretty sure that whole thing started with a disagreement as to whether the punk band Against Me! were sellouts or not

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

The fact that he eats all these awful items and gives himself hiccups was just :allears:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ah that’s disappointing stuff to hear about Alice, I’ve just been getting into Trashfuture recently.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sucker Punch's covers sucked and for a movie full of wannabe music videos, I wasn't a fan.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Oh I see CineD is where you go to misinterpret incompetent movies as biting critique rather than examples of the thing you think its a critique of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
You're really going to drop that on "it's an interesting failure?"