Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Biden continuing to firm up his stance on "gently caress those people who were pressured to take student loans" lmao

I wasn't planning to go to college if I couldn't significantly cover the cost with scholarships and my trusted adults and guidance counselor all told me I'd be a loser if I didn't get a degree. Lmao

I even floated taking a year between hs and college to figure out what I really wanted and that was abhorrent to them. "you have to go right away!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/PJA9/status/1362986337515827200?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
truly pathetic that progressives would want to give people money

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

silicone thrills posted:

Biden continuing to firm up his stance on "gently caress those people who were pressured to take student loans" lmao

I wasn't planning to go to college if I couldn't significantly cover the cost with scholarships and my trusted adults and guidance counselor all told me I'd be a loser if I didn't get a degree. Lmao

I even floated taking a year between hs and college to figure out what I really wanted and that was abhorrent to them. "you have to go right away!!"

Jump in that meat grinder, don't stop to think!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The dumbest argument for means testing is that we will end up giving money to rich people. For one rich people love more money so they aren't going to complain if they get some meager extra amount and two no one who needs it gives a poo poo if they get it if everyone is. It's the stupidest thing designed to appeal only to the upper middle class and conservative politicians that want to give the impression they are better with money than everyone poorer than them so they have to act like stern parents telling children not to spend all their allowance on candy.

*Spends more money on beurocracy to make sure only a smaller amount of people are helped that would be spent helping people that hat might not desperately need it* why yes I am a sensible economic conservative who is smart with money

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it also does not make any sense. if some dude making 200k gets an extra 1400$, it will be taxed back in their income taxes. if a lower income person gets it, far less of it will be taxed. the income tax is the means testing.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Filthy Hans posted:

Australia is basically that one island in FF6 where if you go inland you run into dinosaurs, and if you survive one round of stomping they will call down a meteor strike on you

also the meteor is filled with giant poisonous spiders

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Reality Protester posted:

it also does not make any sense. if some dude making 200k gets an extra 1400$, it will be taxed back in their income taxes. if a lower income person gets it, far less of it will be taxed. the income tax is the means testing.

Exactly, it should be based off earnings, the more money you make the more you get! :downs: Woe to anyone who was too lazy to work full-time in 2020, dunno why they'd choose to shoot themselves in the foot like that

Breakfast All Day posted:

im the neckticles
necksack
throatum

it's a wattle
:goonsay:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

quote:

In anatomical terms, the snood is an erectile, fleshy protuberance on the forehead of turkeys. Most of the time when the turkey is in a relaxed state, the snood is pale and 2–3 cm long. However, when the male begins strutting (the courtship display), the snood engorges with blood, becomes redder and elongates several centimetres, hanging well below the beak (see image).[20][21]
:pervert:

quote:

Snoods are just one of the caruncles (small, fleshy excrescences) that can be found on turkeys.[citation needed]
:hmmyes:

quote:

While fighting, commercial turkeys often peck and pull at the snood, causing damage and bleeding. This often leads to further injurious pecking by other turkeys and sometimes results in cannibalism. To prevent this, some farmers cut off the snood when the chick is young, a process known as de-snooding.[citation needed]
:catstare:

quote:

The snood can be between 3 to 15 centimetres (1 to 6 in) in length depending on the turkey's sex, health, and mood.[22]
:awesome:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Al-Saqr posted:

The actor who plays Ernest is so legitimately great. Jim Varney rules.

I hate celebrity worship as much as any other red blooded American but if anything bad ever came out about Jim Varney I'd be legitimately upset.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

This really is one of the worst faces I have ever seen.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

terrifying tbh

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1363176431463841797
except im playing valheim :pcgaming:

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

please stop posting them

silicone thrills posted:

yep this is why anytime some lib chud is like “they knew what they were getting into when they agreed to the debt” i start seeing red. i really didn’t know what i was getting into and it makes me furious that the ridiculous high interest rates on these predatory student loans has kept my principal more or less the same for nearly a decade. I’ll be buried under debt i agreed to as a teenager for the rest of my life, and that’s apparently my fault and not an insane sword of damocles this stupid country dangles over every adult who tries to get a degree for no good goddamn reason

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol giving literal children hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans that are impossible to discharge and almost impossible to pay off

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

misadventurous posted:

please stop posting them

yep this is why anytime some lib chud is like “they knew what they were getting into when they agreed to the debt” i start seeing red. i really didn’t know what i was getting into and it makes me furious that the ridiculous high interest rates on these predatory student loans has kept my principal more or less the same for nearly a decade. I’ll be buried under debt i agreed to as a teenager for the rest of my life, and that’s apparently my fault and not an insane sword of damocles this stupid country dangles over every adult who tries to get a degree for no good goddamn reason

and the neo-libs made you get a degree in the first place because they outsourced all low skill jobs to break labor unions. they created every aspect of the system then blame the people who it fails

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

youre not old enough to drink or smoke yet but plz sign this dotted line for lifelong debt

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

silicone thrills posted:

When I was in high school I got into a good college in Canada that would have been relatively affordable (compared to US schools) and I got into a more prestigious fancy-rear end college in the USA that was very expensive.

Everyone I knew including my parents and my guidance counselor and all my teachers were adamant that I go to the fancy college and I ultimately listened to them. Now here I am unemployed with an unbelievable debt burden. My parents think I am an idiot for listening to them lol

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nobody even checks what degree you got or from where, that mostly just check your last employers

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

funny how the answer is always "means test the program" not "raise taxes on the rich"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

funny how the answer is always "means test the program" not "raise taxes on the rich"

its ok to give away money if its bailing out capital. it doesn't discourage people from working!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

she looks great
I wish she did more videos

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
neurotic lib spice beer bae

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The one good thing is that it seems like the Biden admin has ignored Summers so far, because he's just the dumbest austerity loving rear end in a top hat around

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Terror Sweat posted:

Nobody even checks what degree you got or from where, that mostly just check your last employers

WOULDA BEEN NICE TO KNOW THAT WHEN I WAS 18 AND MAKING A HORRIBLE DECISION!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ArmZ posted:

its ok to give away money if its bailing out capital. it doesn't discourage people from working!

"Encouraging people to work" is "threatening them with homelessness" though

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

"Encouraging people to work" is "threatening them with homelessness" though

yes thats the joke. min. wage should be $25/h and there should be UBI and federal health insurance for all

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ArmZ posted:

yes thats the joke. min. wage should be $25/h and there should be UBI and federal health insurance for all

We should additionally keep ~the market~ from inflating to suck everyone dry immediately as well. I think 27/h should be the bare minimum, but I can't find the thing with the math to that right now for some reason.

I don't know why I'm seriousposting right now, but gently caress it that's my quota WHERE'S MY loving MONEY BIDEN YOU GODDAMN RACIST RAPIST

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I was serious about the money thing btw

gently caress you biden

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

I hate celebrity worship as much as any other red blooded American but if anything bad ever came out about Jim Varney I'd be legitimately upset.

Jim Varney blackface

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/EdwinKlipp/status/1363147141267394567

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

where the gently caress is my money

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1363257976799305729

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1363257898084745223

HUGE PUBES A PLUS has issued a correction as of 23:50 on Feb 20, 2021

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's a good thing we elected Biden or else we might have health officials who just want to open businesses at the behest of rich assholes even if it means we all die

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1363132264541020160

Oh oops lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

history swirling, like a toilet,ha ha

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Terror Sweat posted:

i went to law school (big mistake lol) and literally the only people that cared about where you graduated from are the Big Law firms that are all about prestige because they cant pretend to justify charging $600/hr for your services without that harvard/yale/stanford diploma on the wall to know how elite your legal mind is (that you were in the federalist's society with the judge's son and used to do blow with him on the weekends)

everyone else its just been "how much experience do you have doing X?" even my first job out of law school they didnt care where i went at all

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Jim Varney blackface

ernest goes to sensitivity training

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Its only been a month!!! Legislation takes t i m e also its already been a month open everything up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

Its only been a month!!! Legislation takes t i m e also its already been a month open everything up

look, i'm with you, it's frustrating that he hasn't fulfilled any of his campaign promises yet but its too close to the midterms now. this election is Too Important. lets get through this first