Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

there'll always be something they say is more important than anything we want to do, because they'll never do any of those things either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
today has been one (1) month since biden became president with majorities in both house and senate. in that time, they have passed one (1) bill into law. that bill? an exception allowing the DoD to have military leadership instead of civilian leadership.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

"Student loan forgiveness doesn't matter!"

*suspended student loan payments hang over the economy like the sword of damocles*

Anything less than 100% is economic suicide. Keep it hanging.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

there'll always be something they say is more important than anything we want to do, because they'll never do any of those things either

wE cAn Do MoRe ThAn OnE ThInG

*nothing substantial actually gets done*

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

don't worry, i resolved the issue diplomatically

https://mobile.twitter.com/KillerMike/status/1363224514046406657

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Anything less than 100% is economic suicide. Keep it hanging.

I just find it amusing that what amounts to probably one of the largest economic stimulus actions in history just kind of doesn't get talked about because it says some very unpleasant things about the state of the US economy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Excelzior posted:

wE cAn Do MoRe ThAn OnE ThInG

*nothing substantial actually gets done*

https://mobile.twitter.com/VP/status/1362186849419210756

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

wow don't link some random unimportant idiot's twitter

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Reality Protester posted:

today has been one (1) month since biden became president with majorities in both house and senate. in that time, they have passed one (1) bill into law. that bill? an exception allowing the DoD to have military leadership instead of civilian leadership.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Excelzior posted:

wow don't link some random unimportant idiot's twitter

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

I just find it amusing that what amounts to probably one of the largest economic stimulus actions in history just kind of doesn't get talked about because it says some very unpleasant things about the state of the US economy

We don't even acknowledge that it's stimulus. Warren was just recently talking about student loan forgiveness like it's going to stimulate the economy.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

there will never be another civilian to run the DoD again lol

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

refusing to do student loan forgiveness is the most actually stupid decision this administration could make like i know the democrats are lazy + greedy and don’t actually care about losing because it means they don’t have to do anything but they barely have to do anything here, no one gets screwed everyone benefits including them. but like with monthly stimulus checks they stubbornly won’t do it because it sets the precedent that the government can actually do any goddamn thing to help you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Yinlock posted:

Succ Zone: Hamiltonian Economics

The democrats selling tax credits by paying for Hamilton raps and knowing, deep in my heart, that my imagination is only a degree or two away from reality

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

https://twitter.com/noelcourage/status/1362948506030374913

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sextro posted:

I mean, FDR style liberalism was inadequate liberal reforms of a profoundly broken system leading to the the current status quo. Biden seems perfectly in line with being an FDR type leader. He doesn't need a wheel chair cuz his brain is broken rather than his body though.
any form of liberalism is inadequate to address the ongoing crises we currently face, as well as the crisss to come. but fdr style liberalism is to the left of clintonite neoliberalism, so i'll take what i can get

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

i thought we were supposed to stop posting unsourced D&D quotes
democrats are not asking you to joystick a predator drone on to pakistani children or something here, they're asking for your vote in presidential races and midterms. and a phonebank. and a button collection purchase. and a credit card max-out. that's because big challenges require big solutions.

anyway I will use spreadsheets to total up your donations

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

lol

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Homeless Friend posted:

The democrats selling tax credits by paying for Hamilton raps and knowing, deep in my heart, that my imagination is only a degree or two away from reality

the phrase 'hamiltonion economics,' if uttered by one of these PMC freaks, almost certainly refers to the following book, rather than the musical:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28263024-concrete-economics

i hate that i know this

edit: i haven't read it but it seems like babby's first introduction to industrial policy with an America: gently caress Yeah historical aesthetic sprinkled on top

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Organ Fiend posted:

She was a Kennedy intern and conveniently this was not mentioned by anyone during her race.

The consulting class didn't flip her because she never needed to be flipped.

This reminds me that the DSA ran a "working class" candidate for NY congress, and then it came out that she had a trust fund.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This reminds me that the DSA ran a "working class" candidate for NY congress, and then it came out that she had a trust fund.

All DSA members have trust funds.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

DSA is literally just the Progressive movement rebranded.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wait what? That sounds like a profoundly bad idea

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

misadventurous posted:

refusing to do student loan forgiveness is the most actually stupid decision this administration could make like i know the democrats are lazy + greedy and don’t actually care about losing because it means they don’t have to do anything but they barely have to do anything here, no one gets screwed everyone benefits including them. but like with monthly stimulus checks they stubbornly won’t do it because it sets the precedent that the government can actually do any goddamn thing to help you

the democrat party base is people with a college education. why not reward them for turning out by giving them something lol

rich people get republicans elected an in return they get bailouts and tax cuts

lol its a no brainer

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

KomradeX posted:

Wait what? That sounds like a profoundly bad idea

It was an exception so they could make Lloyd Austin defense secretary despite him not being retired for three years or whatever the requirement is. Mattis got one too. It’s not a great trend to be setting but honestly less troublesome than Austin’s Raytheon employment

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
posting on the Joe Biden page

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

passionately arguing that the intel community can illegally kidnap and torture individuals as long as they don't kill them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

misadventurous posted:

refusing to do student loan forgiveness is the most actually stupid decision this administration could make

I keep thinking about that tweet I saw weeks ago when they immediately started loving up after taking office and someone's tweet was like "i wish being correct felt good"

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

KaptainKrunk posted:

DSA is literally just the Progressive movement rebranded.

nah, it's harrington's soc dem org that got an infusion of members due to bernie

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
owning the dsa is extremely easy, please do it accurately thanks

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
in what world is the current corpse god similar to FDR besides knowing the reaper is coming for him soon

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
DSA members were very mad that I wouldn't read their thread while posting in it. :sad:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

democrats are not asking you to joystick a predator drone on to pakistani children or something here, they're asking for your vote in presidential races and midterms. and a phonebank. and a button collection purchase. and a credit card max-out. that's because big challenges require big solutions.

anyway I will use spreadsheets to total up your donations

lol

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i used to think judakel was just taintrunner's alt. now i realize that, rather than simply being an annoying mouthpiece for a rapist, they're actually just a dumb rear end with nothing of worth to contribute

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Finicums Wake posted:

i used to think judakel was just taintrunner's alt. now i realize that, rather than simply being an annoying mouthpiece for a rapist, they're actually just a dumb rear end with nothing of worth to contribute

dsa member spotted

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

BULBASAUR posted:

in what world is the current corpse god similar to FDR besides knowing the reaper is coming for him soon

he's super racist

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It was an exception so they could make Lloyd Austin defense secretary despite him not being retired for three years or whatever the requirement is. Mattis got one too. It’s not a great trend to be setting but honestly less troublesome than Austin’s Raytheon employment

Republicans break norms

Democrats lock them in

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fleetwood posted:

posting on the Joe Biden page

lol took me a sec

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
the DSA fall from grace has been a thing of beauty. At one point, people took it seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
the shift started with the clapping