Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Funny thing I didn't notice until the recap of last episode was when the Hex engulfing Darcy she's shouting "Fuuuuuuuuuuu"...which turns into "uuuuuudge" as she passes into 90's PG-13 sit com world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
are most people liking Monica more than I am? Teyonah Parris is doing what she can with the material, but she doesn’t have much in the way of discernible character traits beyond “is sad about her dead mom” and “wants to help Wanda”

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

So in the fake commercial in Episode 7 what's up with Nexus' fake chemical name Nexulpromocide? I'm not fluent in Latin, but I know that -cide means "the act of killing" and that seems a little weird to have to have on the end of even a fake antidepressant. Also it being 10.3% seems oddly specific. I'm feeling this is some sort of reference that I'm not getting.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Really don't think this or the next phase of the MCU has anything to do with the stones

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Nexus means gateway right?

So 'gateway to your death'?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

My Face When posted:

it also had Asgardian/Norse symbols, so I dunno if it was just a stylish choice ("Ohh is magical~!") or if it's really linked to the World Tree.
Edit: Or The Aether.
What did The Aether even did? lol I didn't like Thor 2 that much so I forgot what was with it.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 20, 2021

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

My Face When posted:

So 'gateway to your death'? Pro is to bring forth and ēmo is to buy or acquire or take.

Gateway to bring and take your death(s)

Edit: quote is not edit. Sorry.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

My Face When posted:

It's more of an intersection of many things into one, a central focal point.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

RedTeam posted:

Agatha is also close enough to Agnes that it look a bit for me to realise they were even saying she was actually someone else lol

I like that her real name is tailor made for shortening. Agatha Harkness.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Desperado Bones posted:

it also had Asgardian/Norse symbols, so I dunno if it was just a stylish choice ("Ohh is magical~!") or if it's really linked to the World Tree.
Edit: Or The Aether.
What did The Aether even did? lol I didn't like Thor 2 that much so I forgot what was with it.

The Aether was the red goo that was compressed into the reality stone by Thanos.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Retrowave Joe posted:

I like that her real name is tailor made for shortening. Agatha Harkness.

yeah that was a nice detail

re the nexus: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nexus_Beings

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

There's like a 100% chance that Doctor Strange shows up by the time this shows all over.

Multiverse of Madness aside, all of this is extremely his poo poo.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm just hope it doesn't end with a big punch man woman battle.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

are most people liking Monica more than I am? Teyonah Parris is doing what she can with the material, but she doesn’t have much in the way of discernible character traits beyond “is sad about her dead mom” and “wants to help Wanda”

I like her quite a bit, she's got an easy charisma that shines through the, as you said, mediocre character traits she's been given.

So we all agree Vision is back alive and in the MCU again permanently now right (until he gets killed off in Avengers 8: Adrian's Revenge)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Desperado Bones posted:

The premise of Dr. Strange 2, according to Wikipedia:

-Spoilers, I guess? I don't know, it's too vague and we haven't even got a teaser-

After the events of Avengers: Endgame (2019) and WandaVision (2021),Dr. Stephen Strange's continuing research on the Time Stone is hindered by a friend-turned-enemy, resulting in Strange unleashing unspeakable evil.

Pretty sure that means Mordo.

I don't think Agatha is controlled by someone else, she is working for someone else consensually. That she brought Wanda here, and her manipulation has been to get her to use her powers more and more so they can be drained into the darkhold/necronomicon/art of the deal or whatever evil book she has in the basement and bring her master into this world or whaver evil plan she has.

Wanda is probably too powerful for Agatha to directly control, or at least at first. Wanda is directly connected to the Nexus, her power is raw and intuitive, but she doesn't have the skill of Agatha, who has centuries of practice. So there is a point where Wanda's power is drained enough that skill can overcome power.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Cage Kicker posted:

Really don't think this or the next phase of the MCU has anything to do with the stones

Time for the Cosmic Cube!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Grem posted:

Time for the Cosmic Cube!

We've already had that haven't we? It had the space stone inside.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Masonity posted:

We've already had that haven't we? It had the space stone inside.

Eh, sort of. The cube in the comics is way more like the wishing stone from... sigh... the new Wonder Woman movie. In the MCU it was basically just a big battery and maybe it can teleport you maybe?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Desperado Bones posted:

Well, considering what we know of Love & Thunder, I'm guessing it probably gave Jane Foster cancer.
I forget what else it did. That Doctor Who elf used it to get real big, and there were probably energy blasts involved. There usually are.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The Aether was the red goo that was compressed into the reality stone by Thanos.
Which means they had to find a way to turn it back into goo before returning it to where they found it.

That also implies a scene of Captain America traveling back in time, sneaking into Odin's fortress on Asgard, finding a heavily-guarded Jane Foster (who had just been assaulted by a talking raccoon), and jamming the presumably carcinogenic Aether-goo back inside her.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That's actually what he didn't want to talk about at the end

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Robot Hobo posted:

That also implies a scene of Captain America traveling back in time, sneaking into Odin's fortress on Asgard, finding a heavily-guarded Jane Foster (who had just been assaulted by a talking raccoon), and jamming the presumably carcinogenic Aether-goo back inside her.

Which is something my wife and I were talking about the other day. Not a great look for Steve in that scenario.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can accept they figured out a better way to get it back in her without stabbing her with a giant gently caress off needle.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I like her quite a bit, she's got an easy charisma that shines through the, as you said, mediocre character traits she's been given.

So we all agree Vision is back alive and in the MCU again permanently now right (until he gets killed off in Avengers 8: Adrian's Revenge)

I mean it may partly depend on if Paul Bettany wants to do more stuff but it would be a waste if he were still dead at the end of all this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, I just want Disney to give Bettany a sitcom.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

There's like a 100% chance that Doctor Strange shows up by the time this shows all over.

Multiverse of Madness aside, all of this is extremely his poo poo.

Especially if that book's Wong's and Strange is acting as his library investigations officer.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean it may partly depend on if Paul Bettany wants to do more stuff but it would be a waste if he were still dead at the end of all this.
By the time Vision was killed by Thanos, he had left almost no impression on me. His character was bland, barely showed up anyway, and I really wasn't going to miss him.

And now, I just watched the world's most advanced android, powered by one of the fragments of universal creation itself (maybe?), likely one of the most powerful and intelligent beings in existence, come up with an escape plan that involved pointing at a mime and shouting "Oh, no. Look, that mime… His tray is getting too heavy!" and then stealing a funnel-cake truck while everyone was distracted. (Note: This plan worked)

After 7 episodes of this show, he's suddenly one of my favorite characters in the MCU. I didn't care when Vision died the first two times, but now I really hope he can avoid a third.

twistedmentat posted:

I can accept they figured out a better way to get it back in her without stabbing her with a giant gently caress off needle.
Well, they didn't use a giant gently caress-off needle to extract it from her in the first place.
It was a cluster of three giant gently caress-off needles.

And trying to get permission to do it would be a pretty awkward conversation.

Guards: "Are you in league with the rabbit that attacked this Woman?"
Steve: "Rocket? He's a friend of mine... Well, he hasn't met me yet, but we're friends."
Guards:
Steve: "Oh, my other friend, Thor, was here. But you just missed him."
Guards:
Steve: "Thor and Rocket just took the reali- Aether out of Jane Foster."
Guards: "What? That's wonderful news, her life is saved! How did you manage it?"
Steve: "The, um, rabbit did it. He built a thingy and, um, I didn't really ask how it worked."
Guards:
Steve: "And now I'm here to put it back in her. I've got another thingy here, and I just need to poke her with it. I think. That's what the rabbit told me."
Guards: "What, but won't that kill her?"
Steve: "Oh, about that. She's going to- Oh right, I'm not allowed to tell you. Time stuff."
Guards:
Steve: "Come on guys, a wizard told me told me I had to do this."
Guards:
Steve: "This wizard knows Loki, does that help?"
Guards: "It really doesn't."

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 21, 2021

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
drat. Why am I mixing up edit and quote?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
So, episode 8 is gonna show how this all kicked off and then episode 9 is going to "wrap" things up I guess as much as that applies, right?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Emma Caulfield is credited for three episodes on IMDB. Has Dottie been seen since episode 2? If she’s in the last two then maybe there’s time for one more bad guy reveal.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Robot Hobo posted:

Steve: "This wizard knows Loki, does that help?"
Guards: "It really doesn't."

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Nemo posted:

Emma Caulfield is credited for three episodes on IMDB. Has Dottie been seen since episode 2? If she’s in the last two then maybe there’s time for one more bad guy reveal.

She appeared briefly with no dialogue in the latest episode, I think

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

She was also in the 70s episode.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Barry Convex posted:

Oh, and I guess the episode 4 retread of episode 2 counts as well. Oh well, that seems like a waste.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Wasn't she the one that asked her husband, 'harold' if the earrings made her look fat?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Robot Hobo posted:

By the time Vision was killed by Thanos, he had left almost no impression on me. His character was bland, barely showed up anyway, and I really wasn't going to miss him.

And now, I just watched the world's most advanced android, powered by one of the fragments of universal creation itself (maybe?), likely one of the most powerful and intelligent beings in existence, come up with an escape plan that involved pointing at a mime and shouting "Oh, no. Look, that mime… His tray is getting too heavy!" and then stealing a funnel-cake truck while everyone was distracted. (Note: This plan worked)

After 7 episodes of this show, he's suddenly one of my favorite characters in the MCU. I didn't care when Vision died the first two times, but now I really hope he can avoid a third.

Seriously, Vision was a big ball of nothing for MULTIPLE films, and now he's probably one of my favorites. I'm not sure he'd be the best choice for a solo film, but holy crap is this version of him insanely entertaining.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I think they didn't use Vision much in the movies is due to him being insanely overpowered for the universe and would have outshone most of everyone else that wasn't powered by an infinity stone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vision sticks around but he's the colorless no personality Vision and instead some guy named Simon shows up.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Im just happy they are giving scarlet witch and Vision more screen time. I rewatched the MCU after the first couple episodes of WV and they really had maybe 4 scenes together after Ultron.

Lagos kept her cooped up after Civil War and it was implied but not shown that their relationship bloom. The next time you see them is in Glasgow at infinity war. There was no in between and it always felt forced to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I just caught up with the thread, so here are some of my thoughts:

I can't believe how nobody has mentioned Kat Dennings some how made a full body velvet circus costume more revealing than a swimsuit.

I am going to toss out another possible villain behind the villain: The Enchantress, who is a classic Thor villain. Magic, mind control and illusion are her whole thing and, as some pointed out, the Evil Basement has Asgardian symbols.

Assuming that Evan Peters is playing Fox-verse Quicksilver, nobody has asked the most important question about that character: what cool pop song is going to play during the super-speed scene when he saves the town?.