Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Gods_Butthole posted:

The Harvard tenure board is racist

Note this man is maximally peace & love & nonviolence and even that is too confrontational to get tenure. Any sign of disloyalty to power will be, must be, punished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Reality Protester posted:

today has been one (1) month since biden became president with majorities in both house and senate. in that time, they have passed one (1) bill into law. that bill? an exception allowing the DoD to have military leadership instead of civilian leadership.

drat, but imagine the bipartisianship that bill represented.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Judakel posted:

the DSA fall from grace has been a thing of beauty. At one point, people took it seriously.

Judakel posted:

the shift started with the clapping

:hmmyes:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1363162374677626881

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

KaptainKrunk posted:

DSA is literally just the Progressive movement rebranded.

The DSA is New York's Working Families' Party on a national level: a "left" sheepdog party to funnel votes into the Democrat party.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Organ Fiend posted:

The DSA is New York's Working Families' Party on a national level: a "left" sheepdog party to funnel votes into the Democrat party.

And they have dues because they want you to think they're doing something useful.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bangers in the replies

https://twitter.com/Dreamfall237/status/1363164699521605633

https://twitter.com/Kallindril/status/1363162834855731200

https://twitter.com/JoePilled/status/1363171286562861066

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Judakel posted:

And they have dues because they want you to think they're doing something useful.

they should call them don'ts

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Finicums Wake posted:

i'm going to be a contrarian and say that, while these people are dumb as poo poo, it's a good thing that even dumb rear end DC staffers think FDR style liberalism is 'common sense.' ten years ago the 'common sense' among this particular strata of PMC dipshits was considerably further to the right
they dont understand what it means at all which is why they feel comfortable saying it

fdr liberalism actually means proposing to congress a top marginal income tax rate of 100% and then settling for above 90%

it means really actually threatening to pack the supreme court to push your legislative agenda

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Egg Moron posted:

they should call them don'ts

DSA members fail to acknowledge Don'ts

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thinking about Reza Aslan's "burn it down" tweet, the funniest post of all time

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

fdr was all about public private partnerships so they probably like that

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

fdr liberalism and today's liberalism also share a fondness for racist concentration camps

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Finicums Wake posted:

i'm going to be a contrarian and say that, while these people are dumb as poo poo, it's a good thing that even dumb rear end DC staffers think FDR style liberalism is 'common sense.' ten years ago the 'common sense' among this particular strata of PMC dipshits was considerably further to the right

jokes on you, theyre talking about internment camps, segregation, and indiscriminate bombing of other countries

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

fdr was all about public private partnerships so they probably like that

You know who else liked public private partnerships???

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

You know who else liked public private partnerships???

my parents, hitler and pete buttigieg

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

His name is Chasten ffs

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Il Federale posted:

jokes on you, theyre talking about internment camps, segregation, and indiscriminate bombing of other countries

i already acknowledged they were liberals

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

People I Took To Prom

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Egg Moron posted:

People I Took To Prom
lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

loving lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheErinMarquis/status/1363301538580553730

gonna be honest I was pretty sure this lady was a warrenite, but nope, imani retweet high up in the feed, khive through and through

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

having trouble understanding what its supposed to mean that fetterman refuses to wear pants

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

having trouble understanding what its supposed to mean that fetterman refuses to wear pants

Fetterman does strike me as the kind of guy who always wears basketball shorts and nobody can get him to stop

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

engineers are like that sometimes

the first job I ever got, near the end of the day I talked to an important guy who I never would have gotten near if I hadn't passed the earlier interviews, and the one thing I remember about that guy is that it was 20 degrees out and he was wearing basketball shorts and flip-flops because gently caress you

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
no other item of clothing is as powerful as a full tracksuit

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hey I know the thread is mad at AOC but is it ok if I post a StillWithHer person who is inexplicably but predictably mad that AOC is getting credit for something

https://twitter.com/SvDeng/status/1363140010246098949

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/SvDeng/status/1363142057536151554

imagine thinking that Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi don't get credit for things and stay out of the news

e: or that they do work LOL

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

hey I know the thread is mad at AOC but is it ok if I post a StillWithHer person who is inexplicably but predictably mad that AOC is getting credit for something

https://twitter.com/SvDeng/status/1363140010246098949

AOC stans and rabidly anti-AOC people going at each other is pretty cool.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

imagine still having #NeverBernie in your twitter bio in 2021

I gave the guy probably hundreds of dollars over two campaigns and I'm not this fixated on him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Judakel posted:

AOC stans and rabidly anti-AOC people going at each other is pretty cool.

let_them_fight.gif

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
lol this reminded me about how some uspol ik dork likes david simon's tweets

https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1363207106149687306?s=21

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Libs, centrists, Dem loyalists, whatever you wanna call them, are obsessed with Credit

they never think their faves get enough credit, to the extent that they have become convinced they never get any credit for anything at all even though Biden was literally handed the presidency by fawning media coverage, and nothing on Earth makes them madder than someone else getting credit for anything

this is the main reason the Hive are still so loving angry all the time even though they have received everything they ever wanted. They were expecting Bernie Sanders and everyone who ever so much as smiled in his direction to kill themselves in a bunker rather than face trial for their crimes, and instead people are still making memes about Bernie's mittens and watching AOC's livestreams or whatever just like before and it drives them loving insane

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They appear to think that Bernie's loss was proof of everyone on Earth having the same visceral irrational hatred for him specifically and the left in general as they do, and they are finding out that this was not actually the case, and they are not taking it gracefully

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I dunno i empathize with frothing, incoherent, impotent rage

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
i just flat out dont trust people who arent angry

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
the angrier you are, the morr i will trust you

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Sanders stole the show at Biden's own inauguration, Kamala's daughter getting mocked, Neera Tanden potentially eating dirt, these are unforgiveable macroaggressions that manage to overwhelm what lite pleasure Khive squeezed out of Harris getting Klobuchar's spot

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

i just flat out dont trust people who arent angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
libs, like fash, are very obsessed about how they are perceived