Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, let's not go down that route. You just come off as an rear end in a top hat if you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Since this is the "online Creators" thread, here's a video created by a dude online about sucker punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEvQOqxK8l0

Schwarzwald posted:

You're really going to drop that on "it's an interesting failure?"

Well, that's what bad faith shitposting is, isn't it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

important missive regarding the historical documents of our time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTN6PV8QJM

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I didn't say they were misinterpreting it as good I just don't think there's a strong intended feminist message in the movie I watched.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mr Phillby posted:

I didn't say they were misinterpreting it as good I just don't think there's a strong intended feminist message in the movie I watched.

No, what you actually implied was that the film itself was sexist, not that it lacked a strong feminist message. That's two very different things. . But putting that aside, the film directly equates "bad rear end women in sexy outfits fighting zombies/dragons/samurai" with sexual exploitation and degredation for the benefit of men. Whatever one feels about the execution of that idea it seems silly to say that there isn't an inteded crititcism of how women are portrayed in these nerd genres where the exploitation of women is disguised by them being "able to kick rear end" or whatever.

It's funny because the film was marketed as exactly that kind of film, about women in sexy outfits killing poo poo that nerds could get hot and bothered over, and instead it was this proto-inception film about how nerds are rapists and sex pests. It's even what the title refers to!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sucker Punch wasnt a good enough critique to avoid being seen as just another example of a film that exploits women, imo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

everyone remembers the cool parts with the rear end-kicking ladies and swords and guns and set pieces with slowdown and thumping music but nobody wants to talk about the brief instances between those moments where a woman is being systemically abused and raped by authorities and whose only possible escape from her situation is to literally lose her self.

that's the importance of scoring.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
you would have to have some seriously messed up views about women to think that sucker punch is anything other than a misogynistic slog

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba2wGasHaJM

RagnarRox finished out the Fatal Frame PS2 trilogy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ghostlight posted:

everyone remembers the cool parts with the rear end-kicking ladies and swords and guns and set pieces with slowdown and thumping music but nobody wants to talk about the brief instances between those moments where a woman is being systemically abused and raped by authorities and whose only possible escape from her situation is to literally lose her self.

that's the importance of scoring.

Yeah this is what made the film real bad to watch recently. I was also on mushrooms and it made it worse and never felt like it was gonna end.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Moviebob liked Sucker Punch which pretty much tells you all you need to know

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Sucker Punch is the only movie so far that managed to really piss me off as I was watching it. There was a line at the end that said something along the lines of "Its okay if you don't understand my story, its really difficult" or whatever, just Snyder jerking himself off and saying what a deep movie he made.

Except its not. The entire movie is just shallow metaphors with music videos spliced inbetween.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Since we're all confessing to having awful opinions or wanting to start terrible derails the last few pages, I liked both of those Sherlock movies from the early 2010s and found a neat video of the RDJ Sherlock movies and how neat it is that they feel 'smart' somehow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_25BVvr8QWU

As a dummy, I always described those kinds of stories as Yu-gi-oh trap card fights or Jojo fights. 'I knew you'd do that.' 'Well I knew that you knew that I knew you would do that.' 'And I already knew that you knew that I knew that you knew that I knew that you would already make plans around that' and so on and so on.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

McCloud posted:

No, what you actually implied was that the film itself was sexist, not that it lacked a strong feminist message. That's two very different things. . But putting that aside, the film directly equates "bad rear end women in sexy outfits fighting zombies/dragons/samurai" with sexual exploitation and degredation for the benefit of men. Whatever one feels about the execution of that idea it seems silly to say that there isn't an inteded crititcism of how women are portrayed in these nerd genres where the exploitation of women is disguised by them being "able to kick rear end" or whatever.

It's funny because the film was marketed as exactly that kind of film, about women in sexy outfits killing poo poo that nerds could get hot and bothered over, and instead it was this proto-inception film about how nerds are rapists and sex pests. It's even what the title refers to!
The fundamental issue with your argument is that your saying the movie is criticising movies that use themes of female empowerment as a smokescreen to excuse a bunch of obectifying material oh whoops I just described suckerpunch exactly.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

I swear to god you're gonna make me rewatch Sucker Punch just so that I don't misremember poo poo from it that somehow completely invalidates the fact that 75% of the movie is anime cosplay girls with the camera whizzing around to show off as much T&A as possible.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

These days in Hollywood, you can't even objectify women without having to maintain a veneer of political and socioeconomic satire. Roger Ebert's ghost is furious.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

BFC posted:

I swear to god you're gonna make me rewatch Sucker Punch just so that I don't misremember poo poo from it that somehow completely invalidates the fact that 75% of the movie is anime cosplay girls with the camera whizzing around to show off as much T&A as possible.

This sounds similar to when people said my reasons for not watching the Orville were invalid because I didn't watch it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Spark That Bled posted:

This sounds similar to when people said my reasons for not watching the Orville were invalid because I didn't watch it.

someone watching something again, compared to someone not watching something are actually not the same comparatively on a basis that should be blatantly obvious

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

fun hater posted:

someone watching something again, compared to someone not watching something are actually not the same comparatively on a basis that should be blatantly obvious

Does this statement mean you've actually gone and watched Sucker Punch again?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hey junpei remember when you said that Spark That Bled would be threadbanned if they started loving up this thread again, 2 probations ago

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

What an 'impressive' return too.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

StealthArcher posted:

What an 'impressive' return too.

It was all for you.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Spark That Bled posted:

It was all for you.

Could you pretty please stop with these dumb slap fights? You're probably going to get threadbanned if you keep this up.

Anywho, New Thew!

The Runabout/Runamuck Muckabout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwpHzLVbFk0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=ThewAdams

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

As a dummy, I always described those kinds of stories as Yu-gi-oh trap card fights or Jojo fights. 'I knew you'd do that.' 'Well I knew that you knew that I knew you would do that.' 'And I already knew that you knew that I knew that you knew that I knew that you would already make plans around that' and so on and so on.
STRANGE, isn’t it!?

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jamie Faith posted:

Could you pretty please stop with these dumb slap fights? You're probably going to get threadbanned if you keep this up.

Anywho, New Thew!

The Runabout/Runamuck Muckabout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwpHzLVbFk0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=ThewAdams

I thought I was going to be threadbanned, since Alaois came in to remind us all of that threat.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQr0HCIN2w

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Spark That Bled posted:

I thought I was going to be threadbanned, since Alaois came in to remind us all of that threat.

Why are you trying to start a pedantic argument with everyone? What's your endgame here? lol

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jamie Faith posted:

Why are you trying to start a pedantic argument with everyone? What's your endgame here? lol

I wasn't trying to start a fight. I'm on a forum that actively tells me that nobody likes me, that lets posters spit out combative opinions, and I feel like I need to adopt that demeanour to keep from getting bullied off.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Spark That Bled posted:

I wasn't trying to start a fight. I'm on a forum that actively tells me that nobody likes me, that lets posters spit out combative opinions, and I feel like I need to adopt that demeanour to keep from getting bullied off.

I use to think that and that kind of mindset is what led me to start that godawful CoD derail.

So nah, that's the wrong way to go about it. I guarantee you would have a lot more success posting in this thread if you chilled out. Sure, some aggressive weirdos may single you out to try to own you anyway (this is Something Awful after all) but your hostile posting is doing nothing but pissing everyone off. Annoying the entire thread with constant derails/slapfights is the fastest way to get chased off.

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 21, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

if nobody likes you why are you still here

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Dabir posted:

if nobody likes you why are you still here

Because they're the good guys. Someone has to.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Anyone ever watching anything from The Keef Crew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxSyO7AlN8g

He's a really funny guy. First saw his channel when he did a funny video on the Cyberpunk 2077 hype. He mostly does these sketch videos about anime and video games.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jamie Faith posted:

I use to think that and that kind of mindset is what led me to start that godawful CoD derail.

So nah, that's the wrong way to go about it. I guarantee you would have a lot more success posting in this thread if you chilled out. Sure, some aggressive weirdos may single you out to try to own you anyway (this is Something Awful after all) but your hostile posting is doing nothing but pissing everyone off. Annoying the entire thread with constant derails/slapfights is the fastest way to get chased off.

To be honest, I usually just lurk and not post much unless some stupid opinion (TLJ and "liberal brain rot") offends me into it. So I don't usually say much.

All I can do right now is provide a link to this Whang video about the Paris Hilton tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiGVKZlgg4

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Spark That Bled posted:

Does this statement mean you've actually gone and watched Sucker Punch again?

out of curiosity what was the next step you were going to take after getting literally any answer from this question. what was step 2

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

fun hater posted:

out of curiosity what was the next step you were going to take after getting literally any answer from this question. what was step 2

It was the way you said "someone watching something again". You said you were tempted to watch Sucker Punch again, so your reply suggested that you did watch Sucker Punch again, or were in the middle of watching Sucker Punch again, when you made that post.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Spark That Bled posted:

It was the way you said "someone watching something again". You said you were tempted to watch Sucker Punch again, so your reply suggested that you did watch Sucker Punch again, or were in the middle of watching Sucker Punch again, when you made that post.

Fun hater didn't even make the original post you quoted and made remarks about.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Spark That Bled posted:

lmfao what

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
You know what, maybe I don't deserve to live. Maybe I should seal myself in my flat and never come out and just let myself die.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Spark That Bled posted:

You know what, maybe I don't deserve to live. Maybe I should seal myself in my flat and never come out and just let myself die.

come on. no one is going to stoop to responding in earnest to this manipulative faux-mea culpa. just learn to let things go instead of charging in wildly and swinging at anything that moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Edit: ^ you can't stop me, dad

"Man, everyone's being so mean why is that when i constantly come and post harebrained succ lib poo poo to start poo poo. Must be unfair dogpiling bullying."

But instead of going on about sealing yourself away which nobody asked for or implied, maybe you could enjoy some Topical Non Derail Online Creator Content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLnZ-0zyHg

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 21, 2021