Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Backing patreon at $18 a month to get the fund up to $5k/month :toot: yay mutual aid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I threw in 10/month.

Good stuff.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Sent an email.

I feel like every time I'm making a little bit of progress some dumb poo poo happens that's out of my control. It's infuriating.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'm all up to date, if I missed anything let me know

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
One of our cats Cheeto stopped being able to poop yesterday at about this time. He has peed some but to me it seemed less than usual. He just peed and we looked at it and it was pink. We are in the parking lot of the emergency vet because this happened an hour after all the normal vets closed for the weekend. We cannot afford this. We are hoping they let us at least get him treated before demanding payment. We have a few hundred dollars above bills and I already know that won't even cover how much this will cost but I can't lose him. There is nothing in this world that matters more to me than my cats and I am struggling to hold it together as I wait for them to take him in. I do not know what it will cost yet. I hate to have to ask for help again but I will do anything to make him better. He is only 5 and I am not ready to lose him. He has been acting fine all day other than the pink pee and has been eating and drinking and playing but blood in urine is the biggest red flag there is with cats. I am beyond panicked.

Any help is appreciated and I am sorry I don't know what to ask for yet. Our PayPal is is thehotbuttonissue@gmail.com and our cash app is $lemonsaurus and our Venmo is $littleprof. Anyone who donates anything to help my cat, I will do anything I can to pay you back or thank you that I can. Thank you

They took him in, it will cost at least $200 between the doctor visit ($88 minimum) and tests he will need, they don't think he will need hospitalization but if he does it will be over $1000 minimum. So, both for his health and because that is impossible for us to cover, I sure hope he is ok. We will know in a couple hours I guess

empty whippet box has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Feb 13, 2021

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

empty whippet box posted:

One of our cats Cheeto stopped being able to poop yesterday at about this time. He has peed some but to me it seemed less than usual. He just peed and we looked at it and it was pink. We are in the parking lot of the emergency vet because this happened an hour after all the normal vets closed for the weekend. We cannot afford this. We are hoping they let us at least get him treated before demanding payment. We have a few hundred dollars above bills and I already know that won't even cover how much this will cost but I can't lose him. There is nothing in this world that matters more to me than my cats and I am struggling to hold it together as I wait for them to take him in. I do not know what it will cost yet. I hate to have to ask for help again but I will do anything to make him better. He is only 5 and I am not ready to lose him. He has been acting fine all day other than the pink pee and has been eating and drinking and playing but blood in urine is the biggest red flag there is with cats. I am beyond panicked.

Any help is appreciated and I am sorry I don't know what to ask for yet. Our PayPal is is thehotbuttonissue@gmail.com and our cash app is $lemonsaurus and our Venmo is $littleprof. Anyone who donates anything to help my cat, I will do anything I can to pay you back or thank you that I can. Thank you

They took him in, it will cost at least $200 between the doctor visit ($88 minimum) and tests he will need, they don't think he will need hospitalization but if he does it will be over $1000 minimum. So, both for his health and because that is impossible for us to cover, I sure hope he is ok. We will know in a couple hours I guess

we have received what is likely enough to cover this vet bill and more - this community is really amazing sometimes, in ways that really loving matter. (unless he is hospitalized - then it might not be enough, but, the vet seemed to strongly think this was unlikely)

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Plinkey posted:

I think I'm all up to date, if I missed anything let me know

E: I absolutely got an email but it got filtered into junk mail :v: No worries now though, I’m back to work and I’ve made more than enough to cover the time I was out. If there was something set aside for me send it over to Empty Whippet Box’s cat. I’ve had to have a cat hospitalized and it’s the absolute worst.

Cant Ride A Bus has issued a correction as of 06:06 on Feb 13, 2021

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yea, and actually, I may have been hasty in saying what was sent *totally* covers everything but it covers tonight, at least. the vet is recommending more blood tests for him. but tonight's immediate costs were covered and I am insanely grateful for that. I don't know what we'd have done without it. seriously, thank you so much

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

I just think this judgy rabbit makes a good av.

neongrey posted:

Hi, I more lurk than post in this neck of the woods, but I just sent in my sob story about my sick cat and I know this is normally for people food but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :shobon:

i haven't read the three pages i missed, so sorry if you posted this info already--if not, please pm me your venmo/paypal/whatever 8) we WILL save your kitto

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

I just think this judgy rabbit makes a good av.

also i love plink even more than i did yesterday.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

exceedingly based thread
not really in a position to give anything right now (don't think im in the position to be recieving anything, either - im a student living with my parents and i've got a maintenance loan for buying dumb poo poo with), but you have my support, as worthless as that is

once i come into a little more money i'll absolutely be spending some on this, though

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Garrand posted:

Sent an email.

I feel like every time I'm making a little bit of progress some dumb poo poo happens that's out of my control. It's infuriating.

Yeah I know the feeling. It's maddening because I just start clawing my way a liiiiittle bit out from under all the bullshit and nope, here comes another truckload. I'm going to have to call the phone company and make another payment arrangement to split this month's bill over the next few, thanks in part to the $120 battery I just had to replace right after replacing my $143 alternator, and to having had a big chunk of this months' $250 health insurance premium not paid yet (because blue cross blue shield make you pay a month in advance). Because I was so tapped the missus had to bounce her bank account to make rent only now it's in the hole by a couple more benjis so I need to figure out how to cover THAT shortfall too.

Oh well, finally got a letter from my doctor explaining there's nothing more that can be done for the neck injury from that car wreck in Jan 2019 so my lawyer can start going after the other guy's insurance company.

I wish you and your cat the very best of health, I hope the little guy's going to be ok.

Hexenritter has issued a correction as of 01:29 on Feb 14, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I sent an e-mail.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
This thread is a goongood thing.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
i should never have sold my magic beans for a cash detecting cat instead of a stimulus check

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

hapsby posted:

i haven't read the three pages i missed, so sorry if you posted this info already--if not, please pm me your venmo/paypal/whatever 8) we WILL save your kitto

Sent you a pm, she's out of the woods now but woof her bills are moderately crushing

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Hey, just realized this thread existed and my car broke permanently a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a fun picture of it being towed away to car heaven!

We are having to take out a loan to get a new (used) one, but it isn't soooo easy as I don't have my residency sorted yet (EU country) due to Corona causing all the relevent departments to be closed for walk ins and having appointments months away.

We already had one application turned down and it's starting to look bad for the second.

I'm not sure how it works here or even if I am deserving of help, but it would be really good to have a car again.

This isn't the only thing that is currently causing financial stress on my and my family, but the list would be too long and a car is certainly a way to ease the burden on the others. I also solemnly swear that I will donate back once I have my poo poo sorted!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I just sent an email

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Blister posted:

i should never have sold my magic beans for a cash detecting cat instead of a stimulus check

WORKING HARD,. THANK YOU!!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah I know the feeling. It's maddening because I just start clawing my way a liiiiittle bit out from under all the bullshit and nope, here comes another truckload. I'm going to have to call the phone company and make another payment arrangement to split this month's bill over the next few, thanks in part to the $120 battery I just had to replace right after replacing my $143 alternator, and to having had a big chunk of this months' $250 health insurance premium not paid yet (because blue cross blue shield make you pay a month in advance). Because I was so tapped the missus had to bounce her bank account to make rent only now it's in the hole by a couple more benjis so I need to figure out how to cover THAT shortfall too.

Oh well, finally got a letter from my doctor explaining there's nothing more that can be done for the neck injury from that car wreck in Jan 2019 so my lawyer can start going after the other guy's insurance company.

I wish you and your cat the very best of health, I hope the little guy's going to be ok.

he's still struggling a little :( he made a big poopie and peed yesterday but whenever we don't have him on pain meds he immediately is trying to use the litterbox constantly and only getting a little bit out. trying to keep him doped up so his body has time to heal from theinflammation of the bladder. it's still quite awful and terrifying and nerve wracking because we just want him to get better. but we'd be in a much much much worse without the help of this thread/community! it would be so much worse to have to be worrying about the cost of his vet bill. i really can't express my gratitude enough.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

RickRogers posted:

Hey, just realized this thread existed and my car broke permanently a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a fun picture of it being towed away to car heaven!

We are having to take out a loan to get a new (used) one, but it isn't soooo easy as I don't have my residency sorted yet (EU country) due to Corona causing all the relevent departments to be closed for walk ins and having appointments months away.

We already had one application turned down and it's starting to look bad for the second.

I'm not sure how it works here or even if I am deserving of help, but it would be really good to have a car again.

This isn't the only thing that is currently causing financial stress on my and my family, but the list would be too long and a car is certainly a way to ease the burden on the others. I also solemnly swear that I will donate back once I have my poo poo sorted!

We've been talking about this since you posted it and alas... this is not really what the fund is for.
If you need some help with food or housing we will be more than happy to help where we can. Just let us know.

I'm trying my best to make this gentle but we are not sending you money to buy a car. I'm posting this in the thread so everyone knows how we are handling this.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

started donating what i can but since i dont actually have a regular income its only gonna be 1 or 2 dollars a month for now

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

started donating what i can but since i dont actually have a regular income its only gonna be 1 or 2 dollars a month for now

dude, you're fine, dont worry about it, i know it makes you feel better, but use that for gas or whatever else you need

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I asked for help and I was helped. Thank you, goons.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Pohl posted:

We've been talking about this since you posted it and alas... this is not really what the fund is for.
If you need some help with food or housing we will be more than happy to help where we can. Just let us know.

I'm trying my best to make this gentle but we are not sending you money to buy a car. I'm posting this in the thread so everyone knows how we are handling this.

Yeah understand totally, and wasn't expecting a new car! Just thought I'd post.
The car just happened to kill the camel.
Thanks for the reply though.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Thanks for the help goons. I had to use some rent money to get two used tires unexpectedly, and now I can pay my rent!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

As a cat owner, I hope empty whippet box's cat is okay and makes huge terds and healthy piss puddles for many years to come and all the people who donated are great

LemonVendor
May 31, 2011
Finally in a position to throw in 5 bucks, grow fat goons

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Sent an email. :(

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
If I sit in Scandinavia and want to contribute money to this, can I? Or are surcharges and stuff too big for a small contribution?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Tias posted:

If I sit in Scandinavia and want to contribute money to this, can I? Or are surcharges and stuff too big for a small contribution?

I sit and Scandinavia and put in :10bux:

Patreon added some on top of that to make 12.50 I think.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

he's still struggling a little :( he made a big poopie and peed yesterday but whenever we don't have him on pain meds he immediately is trying to use the litterbox constantly and only getting a little bit out. trying to keep him doped up so his body has time to heal from theinflammation of the bladder. it's still quite awful and terrifying and nerve wracking because we just want him to get better. but we'd be in a much much much worse without the help of this thread/community! it would be so much worse to have to be worrying about the cost of his vet bill. i really can't express my gratitude enough.

just getting worse. took him to the vet again and they said i should keep doing what we're doing and she saw no reason to think he's having crystals in his bladder, stones, or anything like that. but all I've done for a whole week is obsess over this and watch him every second. i keep trying to tell myself that he's eating and drinking and peeing and pooping and so I shouldn't worry so much but it just keeps going on. and on. and on. and on. and at this point I can't do anything or hear anything from anyone that will convince me that this isn't it for him. he's dying. they just can't figure out why. the vets will close for the weekend and then he will take a turn for the worse and I won't be able to help him. I think by this time next week cheeto will be dead. there is nothing that can stop it and nothing that I can do to help him. I just wish I could convince myself of something other than this. I just can't. I just know this is it. this really sucks.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

just getting worse. took him to the vet again and they said i should keep doing what we're doing and she saw no reason to think he's having crystals in his bladder, stones, or anything like that. but all I've done for a whole week is obsess over this and watch him every second. i keep trying to tell myself that he's eating and drinking and peeing and pooping and so I shouldn't worry so much but it just keeps going on. and on. and on. and on. and at this point I can't do anything or hear anything from anyone that will convince me that this isn't it for him. he's dying. they just can't figure out why. the vets will close for the weekend and then he will take a turn for the worse and I won't be able to help him. I think by this time next week cheeto will be dead. there is nothing that can stop it and nothing that I can do to help him. I just wish I could convince myself of something other than this. I just can't. I just know this is it. this really sucks.

Just be there with cheeto. If he goes, at least he'll go knowing how much you loved him.
And if he survives alright? well, spending a week cuddling with your cat isn't that bad.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I've been there. My Seymour had idiopathic epilepsy, and I was convinced that he would die at any moment. Fwiw he lived for 7 years after being diagnosed.

The best you can do is hug cheeto. I hope you're wrong, and he will be here this time next week, but if you are right, he will be loved until the end. :glomp:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
he seems to be doing well tonight, I hope I was just being an anxious freak earlier, and I hope that tomorrow during the day I won't wind up feeling the same way again. I'm just so worried about him and I need this to get better.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

he seems to be doing well tonight, I hope I was just being an anxious freak earlier, and I hope that tomorrow during the day I won't wind up feeling the same way again. I'm just so worried about him and I need this to get better.

he is doing so much better today. he has completely stopped sitting in the litterbox or going too much or any of that. I guess I just had to have a freakout and catastrophize for him to turn a corner! the plan works!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

he is doing so much better today. he has completely stopped sitting in the litterbox or going too much or any of that. I guess I just had to have a freakout and catastrophize for him to turn a corner! the plan works!

That's great 😊

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Man with Hat posted:

I sit and Scandinavia and put in :10bux:

Patreon added some on top of that to make 12.50 I think.

Does it have to be a monthly charge? My economy isn't super stable and I'd rather give a blob here and there.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

there's a GAT DANG CHEETO makin' healthy poops in the LITTERBOX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I’m walking the streets of Meridian MS near churches and found a park to charge my phone. I’m homeless at the moment until money comes back so I can rent a space or something. I love you all. don’t be like Randabis.