Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

shimmy shimmy posted:

Razor (works extremely well with Qiqi, XQ, Free Slot)

With your current levels and gear, this is the comp I would go with (probably sticking Fishcl in the fourth slot for off-screen damage/extra battery, or XL if you need fire). Razor+Qiqi were the first two characters I pulled, and they were basically joined at the hip for like most of the first couple months I played the game due to how beneficial superconduct is for Razor's DPS. The group is easily powerful enough to take on even lvl 90 bosses and some of the artifact domains that don't require special mix-ups, and Qiqi's healing helps make Razor practically immortal.

Another recommended grouping (but may take some grinding) might be Chongyun, XQ, Fischl, and Bennet/Qiqi. This one is a sort of perma-freeze comp where you will constantly proc freeze/shatter while Fischl allows for superconduct. Works great for overworld and a lot of domains, but not quite as well against bosses in my opinion.

Edit: Also, as mentioned, don't worry about XQ not dishing out massive numbers with his e-skill. The videos I've seen of that typically have him pulling a vape crit at like 90/90 C6 with perfect crit gear and maxed talent level on it, which only costs millions of mora, a crown, and an obscene number of talent books to get.

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Andrast posted:

You just want to hold a direction while doing her attacks

This is a game changer and made my Ning feel soo much better

Just owned the poo poo out of Clear Pool along with C6 Noelle and barely lost 1hp

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Scoss posted:

Constellations for reference:

Bennet c1
Xingqiu c1
Razor c1
Sucrose c2
Fischl c2
Noelle c2
Xiangling c3
Chongyun c3
Barbara c6

Looks like building Kaeya or Chongyun some more to have a solid ice support for my Electro characters is in order.

Just as a note, Chong works really well as a primary carry or a support for Bennet melt comps, but doesn't work as a support for most other teams because his E skill overrides the elements on autoattacks. This is great for Bennet (the 2-3 autos between his E mean that he always gets Melt on his actual big pyro hits) but bad for like, Razor who wants to be dealing Phys damage with his autos. You pretty much are stuck with Qiqi or Kaeya for Superconduct teams.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

15 pulls since Xiao on his banner, feels like really dumb luck grabbing so many 5-Stars in a short time, my friends were talking about losing the 50/50 on pity pulls to get Xiao or Ganyu and I was just pulling as soon as I had the gems

A friend told me to just stop rolling until a Venti banner so I can replace C2 Sucrose.

Your friend cannot appreciate the eary cutie, smh

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
jfc Lianshan weapon material domain is terrible (the one with the constant energy and stamina degen)

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Ganyugoons, are there any domains that are easily farmable with a Cryo team apart from Zhou Formula? I'm trying out Ganyu / XL / XQ / Diona as a comp over the next week and need some options for sinking condensed resin into. I'm running 4pc BS on Ganyu with the Blackcliff bow and not currently focusing on Melt or Freeze specifically. I'm playing on mobile, so weakpoint strategies are out for now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zgrowler2 posted:

Ganyugoons, are there any domains that are easily farmable with a Cryo team apart from Zhou Formula? I'm trying out Ganyu / XL / XQ / Diona as a comp over the next week and need some options for sinking condensed resin into. I'm running 4pc BS on Ganyu with the Blackcliff bow and not currently focusing on Melt or Freeze specifically. I'm playing on mobile, so weakpoint strategies are out for now.

VV domain, pyro domain,

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

zgrowler2 posted:

Mondstadt weapon mats domain,

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Why does the level 90 domains sometimes give me less then the level 80 or 70 domain? The level 80 occasionally gives me a purple, but I’ve never got a gold from the level 90. It almost seems not worth the effort. I’m saying this after getting 4 blue and 4 green from a level 90 run.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LorneReams posted:

Why does the level 90 domains sometimes give me less then the level 80 or 70 domain? The level 80 occasionally gives me a purple, but I’ve never got a gold from the level 90. It almost seems not worth the effort. I’m saying this after getting 4 blue and 4 green from a level 90 run.

Probably the same reason using condensed resin will give you 1 purple sometimes.

It should in theory double the rewards not do whatever it does now.

I think their drop tables are kinda hosed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I solo'd the Liyue weapon mat domain with Ganyu.

I don't think she can solo Noblesse because of the Cyro mage, but she still does a lot of work.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

LorneReams posted:

There is no situation where doing the lower level domain is worth it.

https://tinyurl.com/Genshin-DR-View

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Talent domains do scale relatively poorly with levels though. Second highest to highest domain level just gets you .4 green books and ~.25 gold books per run, whereas in artifact domains you go from 25% chance of a gold to 100% chance of one.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I had some hilariously good luck recently where I went 2 gold, 2 gold, 1 gold on my three condensed resin.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

MarcusSA posted:

Probably the same reason using condensed resin will give you 1 purple sometimes.

It should in theory double the rewards not do whatever it does now.

I think their drop tables are kinda hosed.

I was never under the impression it doubled your reward, I always assumed it just rolled your reward twice as if it was 2 20 resin runs. So if one of the runs rolls a purple and the other does not you get 1 purple.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I was never under the impression it doubled your reward, I always assumed it just rolled your reward twice as if it was 2 20 resin runs. So if one of the runs rolls a purple and the other does not you get 1 purple.

It should double it!

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

It should double it!

So if you roll zero purple it should doub... oh wait.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Yesterday I rolled 3 gold artifacts with one condensed resin. I didn’t know that was possible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You can get four max. Getting three is something like 1 in 10, getting four is 1 in 500.

EDIT: Sorry, 1 in 200.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 21, 2021

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's time for your weekly reminder, at least until i never need another water ascension resource, that oceanid is the worst designed boss of all video games

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

You can get four max. Getting three is something like 1 in 10, getting four is 1 in 500.
One time I got four twice in a row.

They were all garbage of course.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Fur20 posted:

it's time for your weekly reminder, at least until i never need another water ascension resource, that oceanid is the worst designed boss of all video games

I had mora burning a hole in my pocket earlier and thought to myself "sure let's take xingqiu from 60/70 to 70/80 what could go wrong i can just transmute ascension crystals"

having to farm oceanid for those boss mats is what could go wrong

if only I had waited for this reminder, alas, alack

Selane
May 19, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

I had mora burning a hole in my pocket earlier and thought to myself "sure let's take xingqiu from 60/70 to 70/80 what could go wrong i can just transmute ascension crystals"
I also decided to level up Xingqiu some more a few days ago and did the same thing, after not having fought Oceanid since I raised him to 60/70 back whenever. I remembered it sucking too, but the last time I fought it was before Ganyu/non-bad Zhongli existed. So it was actually pretty painless. Oceanid is a great place for the Dong Shield, got the dumb achievement for taking no water bomb damage without even trying.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Selane posted:

I also decided to level up Xingqiu some more a few days ago and did the same thing, after not having fought Oceanid since I raised him to 60/70 back whenever. I remembered it sucking too, but the last time I fought it was before Ganyu/non-bad Zhongli existed. So it was actually pretty painless. Oceanid is a great place for the Dong Shield, got the dumb achievement for taking no water bomb damage without even trying.

Oh thank christ, this is great to hear. My Ganyu is kitted out pretty well and my Zhongli's a WIP as carry and fully functional as support. Today was my first day really stress testing the Dong Shield and holy gently caress the shield alone pays for itself. I used to get oneshot by WL7 Andrius with any of my pyro units and can now tank at least two hits. I think Oceanid shouldn't be too bad, even if I'm no longer relying on Lisa to cheese the fight

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ive done oceanid like 20~ times or so in the last month with ganyu + zhongli and you dont even take damage, its pretty nice

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Fought oceanid four times yesterday with zhong shield and ganyu and never took any damage

Boss still sucks tho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's an annoyingly slow fight where one of your slots has to be a dedicated bird counter (whether they spawn or not), but that's about the extent of my complaints

Childe/XQ A5, Mona A4, Barb A3. the only reason XQ isn't A6 is that effort was better spent on other characters (Diluc, Xiao, Albedo) and i still have more to push there (Zhongli, non-MC Anemos).

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's Co-Op etiquette? After someone helps you beat a monster in 20 seconds, can the player do anything else in your world or do you just say thanks and then disconnect them? If there are any chests around after the monster is beaten, can they collect it?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

TV Zombie posted:

What's Co-Op etiquette? After someone helps you beat a monster in 20 seconds, can the player do anything else in your world or do you just say thanks and then disconnect them? If there are any chests around after the monster is beaten, can they collect it?

They cannot loot chests, but they can spend their resin to get resin awards along with you (you each get your own rewards). They can also pick up world spawn items like plants, but I assume it is poor form to do so without permission, especially for more limited items like Philanemo Mushrooms or whatever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You get achievements for looting specialties from other people's worlds so technically taking other people's stuff is creating more overall value.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
So you're saying I should get on Discord and arrange with someone there to log into the other person's game and steal their stuff in some kind of insurance scam?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mailer posted:

So you're saying I should get on Discord and arrange with someone there to log into the other person's game and steal their stuff in some kind of insurance scam?

Basically!

Someone even has an alt account that they put up periodically just for people to farm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gah, I would've tried harder on Ganyu's banner if I had thought it out more and realized that she would trivialize Oceanid.

Welp, nothing left to do but throw my last roll at Keqing's banner and hope for an extra Ning to finally hit C6.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Gah, I would've tried harder on Ganyu's banner if I had thought it out more and realized that she would trivialize Oceanid.

Welp, nothing left to do but throw my last roll at Keqing's banner and hope for an extra Ning to finally hit C6.

Keqing trivializes it too, if it helps, albeit not as much as Ganyu. Electro is pretty good against water, her teleport lets her whittle down the birds, but - most importantly - properly executed ult can one-shot all of them because it extends reasonably upwards.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 22, 2021

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

RareAcumen posted:

But but.. Ning makes it even easier?? You dont have to aim, you get shields, listen to some yadayada, done.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RareAcumen posted:

Lisa shits on Oceanid and she's free :eng101:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Clarste posted:

You get achievements for looting specialties from other people's worlds so technically taking other people's stuff is creating more overall value.

Maybe it is kinda unethical but if the host takes too long to start a domain I teleport to Mount Cor Lapis and go hog wild.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hit soft pity on the regular banner and it popped another Amos. My Ganyu grows even stronger.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

valuum posted:

But but.. Ning makes it even easier?? You dont have to aim, you get shields, listen to some yadayada, done.

My Ning is C5 right now and a constant work in progress. I looked at a video on better optimizing her and the guy had like plus 20% ATK on most of his artifacts to start with, and like 1100 atk just from artifacts alone so I'm way behind with mine. Not to mention being 60% behind on his CrDMG

Soothing Vapors posted:

Lisa shits on Oceanid and she's free :eng101:

That's a whole extra character I'd have to level up from 20 to begin with that I don't even like playing anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I hit soft pity on the regular banner and it popped another Amos. My Ganyu grows even stronger.

Honestly, I'd keep both unrefined. We're bound to get another bow hero that makes good use of it! (Amber already does, but... well, she's Amber.)