Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Yeah you’re short. Take no prisoners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’m dumb, Tricare automatically covers 90 days and THEN tamp starts if you qualify. (I don’t). So good there.

Can’t wait to see if I actually finally need to really request mast to get a response rather than just threaten it for my leave this Monday lol.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah you’re short. Take no prisoners

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
FWIW, unless the CO put out guidance saying otherwise, I'd be pissed that the chit got stopped at a chief and didn't get to the DIVO.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Huh I guess I’ll hit up fleet and family services and ask how I sign up for that.

Also, have any of you heard of a terminal leave of less than 30 days being denied? Some master chief in my chain kicked it back and told me to shorten it to 14 days, but my chain has recommend approved it all the way to my chief so there isn’t a case to be made that I’m need on the schedule. I’ve only heard of terminal leave over 30 days being denied to I think he’s bluffing. I’m getting out under very normal circumstances through EETP. Have you ever a terminal leave being denied by the CO?

hand walk it to your divo. that mc has no loving business acting like he can deny you terminal leave.

edit : or if there is an officer in your chain before the divo walk it to them

ded fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 21, 2021

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It was an MC between my divo and their boss, who then reports to the CO. Hospitals are weird.

“We recycled your chit for x stupid reason” is standard here for whatever reason, just not the “please shorten it to x days” unless it’s directly from the CO herself.

I’m gonna find my alpo and divo Monday and make sure they understand that it’s going to the CO as I wrote it. Chief and LPO also recommend my leave but I haven’t seen them in weeks so lol.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's really a failure of your leadership to not better clarify that Chief Law supercedes normal rules and regulations

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This story about the Navy loving you up to the last minute is making me super excited for you to get out. I remember when I got out. It was loving glorious. The glory will be yours, shortly my friend! Hang in there, and gently caress the navy!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Getting out is super cool and i recommend it highly

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m probably gonna reenlist when I get home.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

King of Bees posted:

Getting out is super cool and i recommend it highly

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Why don't you become an LDO? Do they have those on the Reserve side? It might really screw up the good thing you have going, though.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

maffew buildings posted:

Why don't you become an LDO? Do they have those on the Reserve side? It might really screw up the good thing you have going, though.

Yeah as a fellow careerist within the Dept of Navy, I strongly recommend evaluating whether the recognition and additional responsibility is something you value over your tremendous record of having an almost completely bullshit free career. There ain't no shame in collecting that paycheck and loving off at the end of the day to go hang with your family.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

You should apply to be an IPO. It's a fairly easy track to get into. That was my original plan before the reserves turbo hosed me.

13 months, lol.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Anita Dickinme posted:

You’re also covered by Tricare for six months after your EAOS which I thought would be enough time to get coverage by the VA but I guess not. :v:

I don't know why but the guy getting sucked into a jet engine followed by this post made me crack up. Like, I was picturing someone explaining this to the jet engine dude while he's being pulled free from the inside of the drat aircraft he almost died in.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hekk posted:

Yeah as a fellow careerist within the Dept of Navy, I strongly recommend evaluating whether the recognition and additional responsibility is something you value over your tremendous record of having an almost completely bullshit free career. There ain't no shame in collecting that paycheck and loving off at the end of the day to go hang with your family.

.... I’m probably gonna go MSC for a few years. Wife not working or having any plans to go back to work is a pretty big deal. Staying reserves allows me to dictate the schedule a little better. It’s hosed up but it’s what my wife wants to do with with special needs children.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Navy Thread: Crabdad for MCPON

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

loving christ I never thought I'd see the day

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Please don’t put that bad voodoo on me.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

BIG HEADLINE posted:

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This story about the Navy loving you up to the last minute is making me super excited for you to get out. I remember when I got out. It was loving glorious. The glory will be yours, shortly my friend! Hang in there, and gently caress the navy!

Oh me too, me too.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I assume you must be the designated thread short timer?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

:lol: This should have always been a thing like the Bull Ensign

e: A+ Thread Title

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

He is more the designated thread undercover recruiter because he is in some different Navy where people have time off and respect each other or some BS. Clearly not the same Navy I was in LOL

e: I'm speaking of crabdad of course

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I did a brief search query trying to find my victory lap when I got out, but then I realized Im like 8 months short of being out for 10 years and felt real old real fast

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lou Takki posted:

He is more the designated thread undercover recruiter because he is in some different Navy where people have time off and respect each other or some BS. Clearly not the same Navy I was in LOL

e: I'm speaking of crabdad of course

I’m kinda irritated right now because my PO2s that got sent to the Mt Whitney two days ago are already cavorting about in Rome whereas I only got to do a beer on the workpier (hard hats required) in Croatia. Supposedly it will be home port liberty for us next week when the 6 of get moved into hotels but for now I’m going crazy. Just bridged the high tempo mark and will be getting per diem at least. Bleh.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m kinda irritated right now because my PO2s that got sent to the Mt Whitney two days ago are already cavorting about in Rome whereas I only got to do a beer on the workpier (hard hats required) in Croatia. Supposedly it will be home port liberty for us next week when the 6 of get moved into hotels but for now I’m going crazy. Just bridged the high tempo mark and will be getting per diem at least. Bleh.

Is the Mt Whitney still the C3F flagship? Or whatever EURCOM is now.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What’s funny to me is Crabdad and I went to boot camp a couple months apart and our naval careers couldn’t have been more opposite.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm not sour at crab dad for having the alternate dimension navy career, it's kind of like discovering where all the missing socks have gone except it's good experiences in the navy

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I'm not truly sour at him I just like to complain about the Navy

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I did a brief search query trying to find my victory lap when I got out, but then I realized Im like 8 months short of being out for 10 years and felt real old real fast

This hits very close to home. But, remember buddy, that means we have been out for almost a decade. You can tell your boss to straight gently caress off without going to fake quasi jail. I have nightmares about the Navy still.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

I'm not sour at crab dad for having the alternate dimension navy career, it's kind of like discovering where all the missing socks have gone except it's good experiences in the navy

Same, I don't think anyone wishes ill for Crabdad and gently caress them if they do wish him ill. I just worry that the Big Navy Cosmic Karma Correction will happen after he reenlists and that the good times turn bad

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

Same, I don't think anyone wishes ill for Crabdad and gently caress them if they do wish him ill. I just worry that the Big Navy Cosmic Karma Correction will happen after he reenlists and that the good times turn bad

Crabdad is the guy in all the sea stories you hear that makes you make bad decisions career wise in pursuit of the elusive "good deal". We are just honored to know him, and are living vicariously through him.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’m happy that it worked out for someone lol

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

What’s funny to me is Crabdad and I went to boot camp a couple months apart and our naval careers couldn’t have been more opposite.

We were both getting contracts at MEPS the same day. My time in the Navy wasn't that bad, but it was profoundly loving stupid. The personnel policies I was subject to were mind bogglingly stupid and as far as I can tell the Navy, rather than allow Sailors to develop or pursue other opportunities within both the Navy or other components, is more happy to drive out talented persons at a high rate and retain a large number of somewhat mentally and emotionally broken Sailors who feel like they don't have any other options. That may be more of a NCF thing, though, since that community is a complete trash fire.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

We were both getting contracts at MEPS the same day. My time in the Navy wasn't that bad, but it was profoundly loving stupid. The personnel policies I was subject to were mind bogglingly stupid and as far as I can tell the Navy, rather than allow Sailors to develop or pursue other opportunities within both the Navy or other components, is more happy to drive out talented persons at a high rate and retain a large number of somewhat mentally and emotionally broken Sailors who feel like they don't have any other options. That may be more of a NCF thing, though, since that community is a complete trash fire.

Reminder this guy overheard a conversation I had with a dude at MEPS and matched it up with a story I told here.

We got to catch dinner again sometime dude.

When eligible to reenlist this June I will have a 5 year dwell time due to this mobilization. That’s plenty of time to pick and choose my final mob at the tail end of that enlistment.

I truly feel bad for you guys who had a terrible experience and I appreciate how much you share about that pitfalls of the service. I know a ton more than the average Reservist because of you guys.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Holy gently caress, I got out in 2011. LMAO that feels like yesterday. I'd get my 20 this May. What the gently caress

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

If I had joined when I was 18 I would have got out like 4 years ago.

Now I’d have to stay till I’m 57.

lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Reason given from the master chief was that “we’re already giving you EETP.” Lol I’m on my way to the divo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Reason given from the master chief was that “we’re already giving you EETP.” Lol I’m on my way to the divo.

Yup. And if your divo has any qualms about overriding the E-9 remind him of the pay chart and his rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Vibe I got from my lower chain was either apathy or “we think this is stupid too” so I think the odds are good. Nobody seems to be in his corner. Said I would hear back tomorrow.