Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cvnvcnv posted:

Everyone looking cool on the main menu is the primary endgame.

Then they better get work started on the primary endgame at some point.

(Because the outfits in this game are really awful and there aren't many of them.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Then they better get work started on the primary endgame at some point.

(Because the outfits in this game are really awful and there aren't many of them.)

Preorder Black Widow, Preorder Iron Man, Iconic Cap, Royal Aesirian Thor, and Hip Windows Kate are hot so you're only like 97.8% correct, pal. :colbert:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Roman posted:

An important thing is that it's NOT a live service game and can be played offline, a plus for people who care about that sort of thing

This isn’t true, outriders is online only even if they’re claiming it’s not live service-y

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Plus ICR is jerking off over it, so it's already guaranteed to fail

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

a mysterious cloak posted:

He's like the Alexander DeLarge guy that used to haunt the MMO forum.

Every single game he touched just burned into ashes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a mysterious cloak posted:

I was legitimately about to ask how ICR feels about the game earlier and then decided not to

Orv
May 4, 2011

RagnarokZ posted:

He's like the Alexander DeLarge guy that used to haunt the MMO forum.

Every single game he touched just burned into ashes.

Nah, ADL had a 100% miss rate, ICR has at least championed stuff like The Division which is not an everyone thing but have been successful and good.

Poor guy just wants another Marvel Heroes and he's doomed to search the wastes of gaming for it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I play every ICR game they promote because I'm secretly a cenobite and playing terrible games is sweet, delicious torture

ICr has such sights to show me, indeed

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Orv posted:

Nah, ADL had a 100% miss rate, ICR has at least championed stuff like The Division which is not an everyone thing but have been successful and good.

Poor guy just wants another Marvel Heroes and he's doomed to search the wastes of gaming for it.

I remember trying Marvel Heroes ages ago, It was just a Hack and slash action game, felt like I was playing Diablo, just a lot more colourful.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RagnarokZ posted:

I remember trying Marvel Heroes ages ago, It was just a Hack and slash action game, felt like I was playing Diablo, just a lot more colourful.

Yeah, it was a Diablo style game so that's not surprising. :v:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RagnarokZ posted:

Later on it was a really good game in some ways. It had a ton of different characters who all played completely uniquely and in ways that felt really accurate to the comics characters (after that big rework).

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hawkeye and Next Gen coming March 18.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3bKwnP4aks

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Is there a Screen Shake option?

Also Marvel Heroes was pretty fun because of the different travel powers and resource systems, and most importantly: a ton of villains.

Cyclops felt different from Punisher, even if both are "shoot a thing", that kind of thing.

E: I'm legit asking about the screen shake option. And motion blur. Those two things really detract from games for me. Is there an option on console to turn that poo poo off?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 16, 2021

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Liar Lyre posted:

As expected, looks great. There's clearly some shared ground between Clint and Kate's kits at a base level so it'll be interesting to see how his upgrades make him play and feel differently. The lack of teleport is a huge one immediately, especially if you have the right build so where Kate basically can stay up indefinitely. 99.9% of the time I dodge instead of parry so if parry really is so big a part of how Hawkeye should be played, I may find him a little disappointing overall. Regardless, it's gonna be a rad time.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Liar Lyre posted:

Me, the whole time I'm watching that video: 'oh hey who's that dog and can I play as the dog? Tell me more about hte dog'

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder whose decision it was to put two Hawkeyes in back to back. What a strange rear end decision.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Invalid Validation posted:

I wonder whose decision it was to put two Hawkeyes in back to back. What a strange lazy and cheap rear end decision.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Later on it was a really good game in some ways. It had a ton of different characters who all played completely uniquely and in ways that felt really accurate to the comics characters (after that big rework).

Yeah Marvel Heroes was legit. I preferred it to Path of Exile as far as F2P Diablo goes

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah Marvel Heroes was legit. I preferred it to Path of Exile as far as F2P Diablo goes

MH was a game you could play and burn out on, come back a few months later to check in, and you have basically a totally new game with a half dozen new characters and half of your characters are completely different. Also there's some new silly bug everyone is exploiting and you still have 20k hours of XP buffs from some buff party 6 months ago. But you just laugh it off, buy a new character that sounds cool, and do it all over again.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Come back marvel heroes please I beg u

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

HebrewMagic posted:

Come back marvel heroes please I beg u

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The obscure costumes they would inevitably decide on were so loving cool (amongst all the ones you already know and love)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
"We want marvel heroes back!"

"aah but have you considered... THREE Hawkeyes?!"

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
They designed him after the Matt Fraction run, sold

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

But really I was serious, playable dog when?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I kinda hope the next fourteen characters are all Hawkpeople. Including a DC crossover.

I want Hawkeye, Hawkgirl, Hawkwoman, Hawkman, Hawk & Dove, Darkhawk... hell, throw in Harvey Birdman.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sad thing is you know the next heroes are just going to be slight variations of the heroes already in game cause they sure as poo poo won’t build anyone from the ground up. Boy Spiderman sure does look like he grapples the same way Black Widow does. Must be a coincidence.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Invalid Validation posted:

Sad thing is you know the next heroes are just going to be slight variations of the heroes already in game cause they sure as poo poo won’t build anyone from the ground up. Boy Spiderman sure does look like he grapples the same way Black Widow does. Must be a coincidence.

You think there's going to be more heroes??

They might dump Spiderman next for whatever Sony obligations they may have and wash their hands of the game, but who knows, we will find out sometime after Hawkeye if they will actually try to fix their missteps with the game.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sounds like Black Panther is next with a raid in Wakanda. The hardest part is gonna be finding 3 other people to play with.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Liar Lyre posted:

Sounds like Black Panther is next with a raid in Wakanda. The hardest part is gonna be finding 3 other people to play with.

Ah, yes. The mythical character and raid that were completely finished and going to be released mere moments before Chadwick Boseman's unfortunate passing and then had to be hastily scrapped without ever having confirmed it and that's totally the reason they weren't making content.

He'll be a hastily made... ooooh, let's say Cap clone.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Playable Vision but they really gently caress up and build him on Hulk's kit

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
playable punisher van when?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Holyshoot posted:

playable punisher van when?

As soon as they can figure out how to keep it from spawning with Black Widow hair.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Just add Longshot and I'll buy this dumb game

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Simone Magus posted:

Just add Longshot and I'll buy this dumb game

What? They haven't even gotten X-Men in the drat movies yet, why would they ever slam in Longshot, of all characters, into this rapidly fading game? Wolverine, sure, Longshot, the gently caress?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
It would make as much sense as Two Hawkeyes

I'm really just saying I love Longshot

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

It would make as much sense as Two Hawkeyes

I'm really just saying I love Longshot

techically THREE Hawkeyes!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Speedball or game is dead.

Move over Spidey!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

What's his power, never missing a vein or resistance to overdosing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Eventually he becomes Penance who just bleeds all the time so "never missing a vein" was almost there