Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Shirkelton posted:

Yeah, he was. They got Keith David as Spawn too.

And, I poo poo you not, Peter Weller as Robocop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Lurdiak posted:

That article has to be fishing for hate clicks.

I really thought it was just a poor attempt at repeating the Ashley Feinberg Pokemon/Digimon article, but then I saw the update, and I'm not sure what to think.

( For context: https://gawker.com/9-tips-for-mastering-pokemon-go-1783333597. The comments have been wiped away, which was where the real beauty lied. For every comment pointing out that the picture was of Digimon, Ashley simply replied "No, those are Pokemon". Over and over and over...)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New rumor going around is that Jennifer Lawrence has been cast as Sue Storm for the F4 movie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I doubt it, but that may be wishful thinking

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

muscles like this! posted:

New rumor going around is that Jennifer Lawrence has been cast as Sue Storm for the F4 movie.
Oh great, she can sleepwalking her way though the sequel then start going off on how unfortunate it is she's locked into a 5 picture deal. :cry:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FilthyImp posted:

Oh great, she can sleepwalking her way though the sequel then start going off on how unfortunate it is she's locked into a 5 picture deal. :cry:

I think it's probably fan casting, but her big problem with playing Mystique seemed to be having to be layered under so much make-up all the time. Sue Storm doesn't require any kind of special make-up and hell, half the time Lawrence can just add her dialogue in through ADR.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
She makeup FX crew worked to reduce the amount of appliques they used on her after First Class.

It looked like poo poo and she still complained!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FilthyImp posted:

She makeup FX crew worked to reduce the amount of appliques they used on her after First Class.

I mean, even the simplest of make-up applications still takes hours, means you have to be on set that much earlier than your co-stars, and makes it harder to emote through. Not everyone can be Doug Jones or Ron Perlman. Some people aren't built for that kind of acting.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The source for this rumor right now is an Australian tabloid, so I’d wait for a more reputable source to back it up first.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wearing a green screen leotard to cover her for the invisible parts has got to be a ton easier than the fuckin mystique makeup at least

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

I mean I assume even the relatively minimal amount still felt like poo poo and I imagine she would have dropped the role if that had been given as an option.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She was good in First Class and Days of Future Past. I really can't blame her for phoning it in on Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix. She'd be a perfectly fine Sue Storm.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I gotta give her something of a pass for being locked into THOSE films. I mean sure, the others toughed it out but they didn't have to do the makeup. So I kinda get it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

muscles like this! posted:

No thanks

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ehhhh, I’ll pass on her as Sue Storm.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Jennifer Lawrence as Sue seems like one of those "Who's a famous person in the zeitgeist who vaguely matches this character's surface level characteristics?" type of casting, like Terry Crews as Luke Cage, or Tom Cruise as Cyclops

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm watching the first mk game video and they just got through the first tournament at about 40min and there's still a whole nother hour and a half left :psyduck:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

I'm watching the first mk game video and they just got through the first tournament at about 40min and there's still a whole nother hour and a half left :psyduck:

MK9 covers the time frame of the first three original games.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oooooooh

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah, 8 pretty much ends with the end of the world so 9 is Raiden is sending himself a message back in time and trying to change history, so it covers 1-3 and then the timeline pretty much goes off and does it's own thing for 10/11

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Poor cyrax :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This game moves through a ton of story lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My favorite thing about the Mortal Kombat games is that despite being set in a franchise where literally every fight theoretically ends with death it has a shockingly small body count of actual main characters except for Sindel.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That is especially funny when this video ends on fatalities like kitana stabbing johnny cage through the head

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

That is especially funny when this video ends on fatalities like kitana stabbing johnny cage through the head

Yeah, like every regular fight (even without fatalities) is characters stabbing each other in the eyes and breaking spines and gouging eyeballs and then it ends and everyone is fine except maybe a little winded unless they die in a cutscene afterwards. I can understand why or else your cast would rapidly be reduced to nothing but still!

Edit: It's weirdest when it is for entirely mundane reasons. Like MK11 opens with Sonya and Cassie having a friendly spar except Sonya's moves include like "placing an automated drone that rapidly fires a machine gun into you" and Cassie's include "shooting you in the drat face."

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 21, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Johnny Cage doesn't have a brain so he's probably fine.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Those desperation moves being super violent and then having brutal meaty hits where you, like, shatter someone's kneecap really fucks with the believability of a multiversal karate tournament populated by men and monsters.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JordanKai posted:

Johnny Cage doesn't have a brain so he's probably fine.

Hey, modern Johnny Cage has most of a brain!

It makes him seeing young Johnny that much funnier.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Pretty bold move, ending the first game with raiden killing liu kang

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Raiden is a gently caress up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shirkelton posted:

Raiden is a gently caress up.

Spoilers for MK 11 Aftermath: As far as I'm concerned the Shang Tsung wins ending should be canon because it really is the culmination of all the themes of the trilogy. Every last one of the heroes spends so much time worrying about their own poo poo, not thinking ahead, or acting with incomplete information that them putting their arch rival in charge of time and space is really how is should end. Raiden being the worst with this. Every move he makes is the wrong one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
starting in on mk x, they recast all the VAs apparently but also they literally turned johnny cage into ps1 RE1 chris redfield lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

starting in on mk x, they recast all the VAs apparently but also they literally turned johnny cage into ps1 RE1 chris redfield lol

Johnny makes a big come back in 11. X is the weakest of the trilogy by far.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
what was the link for those videos again? now i really want to watch them

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Vintersorg posted:

The lore in MK is REALLY important now and it's basically 2+ hour long movies in each game.

MK 2011 is a reboot of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URUJPTpZXnE&t=281s

MK X continues things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWL55Np1s2s

And MK 11 is the latest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEi4lr4lMQ

It's schlocky b-movie, Shaw bros stuff and is very entertaining.

Sentinel Red posted:

Tsk, don't forget the best part of MK 11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZt5ec-kNC8

"We can't trust him! He'll betray us!"
"I'm just waiting for you to stab us in the back, sorcerer."
"The fools have allied with Shang Tsung, he will be the end of them."

"Who? Me?"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
this outworld woman just had a bunch of claws pop out of her butt

also lmao having QTE sequences during cinematics in 2015

site fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 22, 2021

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Johnny Cage is the best character in the franchise

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
apparently a lot happened in 20 years because sub zero 2 is no longer a robot and is grandmaster of the clan and also steve blum

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

apparently a lot happened in 20 years because sub zero 2 is no longer a robot and is grandmaster of the clan and also steve blum

This was covered in the kind of canon but only parts cause 11 retconned some of it MK X comic book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
and now we have come full circle in making this watch bss relevant