Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Vidaeus posted:

For the advice above, do you mean the Mythic (blue) quests?

Yes, sorry, It’s been a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Ciaphas posted:

Planning to pick up Atelier Ryza on PC tonight or tomorrow, if anyone has any suggestions

Haven't even tried to play one of the series in years

Item quality affects damage/healing/other. Get quality as high as possible.

The secret to getting quality as high as possible is to stack quality / quality + / quality++ traits and find a synthesis loop. I don’t recall the loops for the first game, but there should be a way to e.g. turn neutraliser into water, and use the water to make neutraliser. By going through this loop you should be able to stack Quality-increasing traits all the way to 999 if needed (or other traits).

Eventually you’ll be able to make seeds. Materials spawned from seeds have quality of up to 100% the quality of the seed, e.g. you can get 999 quality materials from growing them yourself and making max quality a lot easier to reach.

The series older system of merging traits has been abandoned in favour of trait levels, e.g. you no longer combine quality and quality + into well made, but you stack quality+ until the number goes high enough.

Every time you recipe morph, the number of items you can add to the cauldron resets. You can abuse this e.g. by making your weapon from the basic recipe and morphing multiple times. The + Gear Atk effect from each ingot stacks across morphs, and you can add many more ingots than you would by making the item directly.

Speaking of recipe morph, a lot of amazing synthesis helpers with high element values, or even values that spread to neighbouring nodes, are discovered through recipe morph. Things like Melting Oil, Amberlite, or later-game synthesis intermediaries like the Spirit Bottle are hidden in there - get them.

You can charge your gathering tools (hold the button) to get all resources from nodes that can take more than one hit (some trees and crystals) at once.

Item duplication comes quite late in this game, abuse Item Rework until then. You can rework items up to your alchemy level, so the more you synth, the more you can update your gear by dropping more materials in. Or replace traits with bigger ones.

You can hit select with your cursor over a node or a material to quickly open a reference menu. There, you can see e.g. where to gather materials you lack, or to check whether the trait you’re looking at can actually be used on weapons / armour / healing items.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 2, 2021

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Anything for Warhammer: Chaosbane?

I'm planning to just run through the game as an archer if that makes a difference.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Can't imagine anyone would be playing Stranded Deep still, but you never know:

- The tutorial is quite helpful, don't skip it
- Beeline for a water still as soon as you can. You'll need to raise your crafting level a bit first, but it's the only reliable source of water in the game.
- Fibrous leaves are one of the most valuable things in the game - used for lashing, water, and kindling - and can stack to 24 in your inventory. Always keep an eye out for Yucca plants (they replenish after some time once you whack the leaves off of them) and young palm trees (they regrow on the island after some time)
- Don't cut down palm trees for a while until you absolutely need to, the coconuts they regrow will be helpful for giving you a bit of food/water. That said...
- Don't eat/drink too many coconuts, or you'll get the shits for an hour, which will pretty much dehydrate you entirely. You can drink two coconuts, and eat one whole coconut without issue, then you have to wait some indeterminate amount of time before you can do this again.
- Your rescue raft that you start with kind of sucks, and is prone to getting flipped by shark attacks. Move towards building a new one (with, minimum, a sail and a rudder) before you try to go to any islands further than one 'square' away from your starting location.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thanks for all this - inspired me to pick it back up after getting overwhelmed and putting it down.

How long will it be until I pick up on one of these loops? And while I'm synthing what's the difference between Synth Quality and Quality nodes?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks for all this - inspired me to pick it back up after getting overwhelmed and putting it down.

How long will it be until I pick up on one of these loops? And while I'm synthing what's the difference between Synth Quality and Quality nodes?

I think some of the loops are available from the get go, but I'm not certain. It definitely gets easier in the mid-game, when traits like Quality+ and Quality++ start to appears.

Quality nodes affect the current item only. Synth Quality is an effect of several "middleman" items, like Neutralisers. When you use those items to make another item, the synthesis quality is increased by the listed amount. I'm not sure if that's before or after the "quality is average of quality of all added ingredients" Ryza 1 does, though. Having a few neutralisers with both high quality and high Synth Quality + X effects is a good way to pump up other items. Loop loop loop~

One Weird Trick to getting high-Quality items is to totally focus on using high-Quality ingredients, even if that doesn't unlock any effects you want. You can then (ab)use Item Rebuild to unlock those effects; since ingredient quality doesn't affect item quality in Item Rebuild (you can still use Quality nodes to increase it, though), you can go hog wild with high-Element Value stuff. You're still limited by your Alchemy Lvl and your party member's Dexterity, though.

goodposter
Sep 1, 2018
Some tips for Risk of Rain 2, a good game:

- There's no shame in starting at the easiest, Drizzle difficulty, as you learn the ropes. You can accomplish most achievements and unlock most items and characters without needing to up the difficulty.

- Teleporter emits orange embers in the air around it, which allows you to find it more easily. Always find and make a mental note of the teleporter location on the level as the first priority, then you may go grab some loot or levels as you decide to.

- Fast firing characters like Commando and most other starting ones, you'll want to prioritize rate of fire and procs. Bleed from Triangular Dagger is very powerful against high HP enemies and bosses.

- Use recyclers to turn your less useful items into Item Scrap. Then when you come across a 3D printer that creates good items, it will first use up your Item Scrap (of the same rarity level), and leave your better items alone. Make good of use of 3D printers with good items, they let you define your whole build.

- Stacking some AE items like Will of the Wisp and Gasoline will increase both their damage and AE range, increasing their power exponentially in hectic situations. Fun!

- Don't go all out with DPS, some movement speed items and a bit of defense will help a lot.

- There's an equipment item called Fuel Array at the back of the escape pod as you start out. It's basically a bomb that explodes and kills you if your health drops under 50%, so be careful. You're supposed to bring it to Stage 4 Abyssal Depths, where up high there's a strange robot thing that becomes a playable character.

- At Stage 5, you can interact with the weird Stonehenge-like thing around the teleport.

- At the final Stage 6, you're supposed to do some climbing on top of the weird broken stone geometry to reach the boss arena. Once you deal with the boss, you're supposed to make your way all the way back to entrance before the timer runs out.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

goodposter posted:

Some tips for Risk of Rain 2, a good game:

Some other tips:

- Some Item benefits cap at a certain point. For example Lens-Maker's Glasses will give you 10% critical chance, this will cap at 100% so getting more than 10 is pointless.

- Artifacts can be unlocked to modify game rules (i.e. add friendly fire, change how enemies spawn). You'll need to find a 9x9 shape code to input on Stage 5 in order to unlock them and after they're unlocked they can be turned on during character selection.

- Each character has unlockable alternate abilities, the loadout tab on the character screen will let you see their unlock requirements.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

I'm on a bit of the JRPG kick atm and looking at starting Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy

I don't mind about not doing min-maxy stuff, but are there any traps in terms of character development to worry about, story beats that can be missed or QoL things to get done that game fails to mention?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

GhostBoy posted:

I'm on a bit of the JRPG kick atm and looking at starting Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy

I don't mind about not doing min-maxy stuff, but are there any traps in terms of character development to worry about, story beats that can be missed or QoL things to get done that game fails to mention?

I'm about 75% through, and I'll say nothing has been missable so far. I completed the first Ryza and nothing was missable in that one either.

As far as QOL stuff, I'd recommend on the Skill Tree make sure you start by working towards new gathering tools (bottom right), then new bombs and healing items (left of center), and the SP up nodes (right and up from center). Then just kind of fill in from the center outwards. If you go too far from the center at the start you'll either run into recipes that are locked behind the story, or that you won't have the parts for a long time.

When you unlock the ability to modify your Core Elements note that after you level them up you actually have to equip them, because I missed that for a bit. You'll see on the screen when you get there.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Since I've been playing it a bunch again...

Killing Floor 2
- Character choice is completely cosmetic, and can be changed freely.
- Try out different perks/classes in Solo Offline or Normal Long until you find one that uses weapons you like, then focus on playing that one. The game heavily incentivizes leveling one specific class, rather than spreading yourself thin, because being higher level gives you both cool perks and flat passive buffs. Both are essentially necessary for surviving on anything above Normal.
- Avoid the Firebug and the Survivalist for your first class. The former is a complete nonbo with several other classes (especially the Sharpshooter), and the latter requires in-depth knowledge of all the different weapons to use effectively.
- Resist the urge to fill up your armor every single round. It's much better to save up for at least a mid-tier weapon first. Healing is free, and the extra lethality will be worth far more in the long run.
- Mobility is life. Keep moving and don't get cornered.
- Fleshpounds take 50% damage from SMGs and ARs, but 150% from explosives.
- If you really wanna grind for XP, the most efficient way to do it is to play Endless on Hard from Rounds 1 to 10, then deliberately die on Round 11 and do it over again.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 11, 2021

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'd appreciate newbie tips on Wizardry 6. I have experience with old RPGs in general, but I'm totally new to the Wizardry series, so feel free to state the Wiz-obvious.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Pierzak posted:

I'd appreciate newbie tips on Wizardry 6. I have experience with old RPGs in general, but I'm totally new to the Wizardry series, so feel free to state the Wiz-obvious.

The Wizardry games are pretty weird in how they work. I don't know enough to give tips for the Cosmic Forge but would honestly suggest considering looking up a Gamefaqs, or maybe reading the start of Luisfe's LP of it. It's old and hard to decipher and I really hope you have a copy of the manual.

And/or skip to Crusaders of the Dark Savant. Which isn't less impenetrable but does look nicer and is cooler

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

A few things for Night in the Woods:
  • It's possible to hang out with multiple people each day. A day only ends when you decide to spend time with Bea, Gregg, or Angus, or when you go to band practice. Partway through the game there's a mini-game you can play with Gregg that doesn't end the day.
  • Later on in the story you'll choose between three places to investigate. The endgame starts after you've investigated two of the three places.
  • Some events are mutually exclusive, so you won't be able to fill out your journal in one play-through.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm glad you posted that. I forgot I've got that game and I need to play it. I've never really heard anything negative about it.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

I've never really heard anything negative about it.

The cliche 20 something characters grate on some people.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's still Early Access, but anything for Medieval Dynasty?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I've started playing Atelier Ryza 1 and I've just got to the point where I've met the big monster with the crystals on its back. The game hasn't grabbed me yet but it feels like I'm still in tutorial mode. If I don't particularly enjoy what I've done so far, is it worth it to carry on until more of the game opens up?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
More clean-up :yikes:

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Grandia posted:

Get Justin Earth and Fire magic as soon as possible, and level them up to around lv10. Also, level up his sword to around lv15 by the time Gadwin leaves the party. Why? Dragon. Motherfucking. Cut. Although it's pricey, it will basically rape just about any regular enemy you encounter for the rest of the game, until you get Heaven & Earth Cut .

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Persona_2:_Innocent_Sin posted:

Keep your starting Personae in your immediate queue, even in the endgame. Lower-level Personae have lower SP usage. During those trademark Shin Megami Tensei battles of attrition, every last SP can count, and if all your Personae have only high-level spells your rear end is rape. (EDIT: Also, the starting Personae are probably going to have MAX rank by this point anyway, which means you'll have a big selection with them.)

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Medieval_II:_Total_War posted:

Ignore merchants, waste of time micromanaging them and they always get raped by enemy bean counters. Useless until your empire is big enough to have them be in any territory you want, at which point you probably don't need the money anyway.

(Also Medieval II has a redundancy, with two tips recommending the same Stainless Steel mod.)

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

ahobday posted:

I've started playing Atelier Ryza 1 and I've just got to the point where I've met the big monster with the crystals on its back. The game hasn't grabbed me yet but it feels like I'm still in tutorial mode. If I don't particularly enjoy what I've done so far, is it worth it to carry on until more of the game opens up?

To me the attraction of Ryza isn’t battle, it’s gathering and crafting. If you aren’t looking forward to the next zone’s story, new ingredients, and the mad poo poo you get to make with it, it might not catch you the same way (and that’s ok!). I tend to do a couple intricate syntheses early to trivialise battle with high powered gear and bombs.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, the Atelier games are all more about the life management and crafting than they are about the fighting. It's just that fighting is a thing you also do (mostly to get more things to craft with.)

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

More clean-up :yikes:

(Also Medieval II has a redundancy, with two tips recommending the same Stainless Steel mod.)

Thanks - changed these.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, the Atelier games are all more about the life management and crafting than they are about the fighting. It's just that fighting is a thing you also do (mostly to get more things to craft with.)

It's not that I'm interested in the battles and want them to be better, but I'm wondering if the first few hours of crafting and exploring can be taken as a good indication of the rest of the game?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

ahobday posted:

It's not that I'm interested in the battles and want them to be better, but I'm wondering if the first few hours of crafting and exploring can be taken as a good indication of the rest of the game?
Speaking mostly from experience with other Atelier games here, but if it's anything like the rest of them then yes, it's fairly representative. The beginning hours tend to be a bit more slow-paced because it's when they set up all the plot and introduce mechanics, but the basic gameplay loop does not change much. What you see is mostly what you get there.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, for Ryza 2 - item rebuild gave me ridiculous amounts of SP.
And my current best farming spot for items to turn into gems is the third floor of the sunken city. Charge your staff and whack the three palm trees for coconuts, then use the scythe for blue leaves or the spirit whistle to fill the rest of your inventory. Return to atelier, repeat, then boil all the spare items down into gems. Gets you about 30k a run?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Regarding Persona 2 (and 1 to some extent): the stat that determines SP/skill effectiveness is called Dexterity in the official PSP localizations, and the items that give bonus stats are called Sources. The terms like "Tech" and "Vitality Sauce" probably come from the old fan translation of the PS1 game.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Two more, hopefully the last:

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Front_Mission_3 posted:

Lots of good advice has been given, but I'd like to add that you shouldn't be afraid to dump AP into accuracy and evasion upgrades. Let your missle unit be a slug and only bother with accuracy. The Salvo skill is also hilarious fun, if only to watch it pick some poor bastard apart. Your gunners will end up gaining retarded amounts of experience due to all the arms and legs they'll be destroying.

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Risen posted:

The game has three main starting paths. Bandit camp, monastery and harbour city. These shape your character class however the game retardedly does not tell you this. If you go the bandit camp path you can choose a melee or ranged type of character. If you get into the monastery path, you become a mage type character. If you go to the city path you become a monk type character.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Bit of a weird one: I've just completed Bowser's Fury, but I don't actually know the mechanics of how Bowser's fights change and what triggers a "plot-advancing" fight.

I'd like to do a write-up for the wiki page. This is what I think I've figured out so far:

Each time you fight bowser you unlock the next section of the world. After a certain number of shines Bowser will stick around permanently and you have to fight him at which point it'll advance things. You fight Bowser a minimum of three times to beat the game.

Anyone want to clarify what's going on?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
It's 2021 and I'm playing Zelda OoT for the first time! I'm playing on a real N64 (with an Everdrive) so my question is, how does saving work exactly? I see that you start back from Link's house when you load a game, so I assume mid-dungeon progress (including items?) would be lost, but what about other stuff?

My first session with an old game is always a bit stressful since I'm not sure when it's "safe" to stop as far as saving progress. If it matters, so far I've passed the initial Deku Tree dungeon, snuck into the Hyrule Castle, met Zelda and got instructed to go to the fire dungeon. It's a short walk from Link's house to Hyrule Field which appears to be an open hub of sorts, so I get the impression I'm in the clear to play/save in shorter bursts now.

Dunno if I need to spoiler tag basic stuff from one of the world's most popular 20+ year old games, but if there's a thread where it was warranted I guess it'd be this one! :shobon:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

OoT saves everything that's in some way related to your inventory, as well as anything permanent you've done (e.g. opening a chest or solving some puzzle / killing some enemy that's polite enough to stay solved/killed if you leave and come back).

Your physical location and any more-temporary puzzles and enemies will be reset.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
In terms of world state I’m pretty sure saving and quitting is identical to just walking back to your house/the dungeon entrance manually. You shouldn’t need to worry about losing anything (aside from your position, obviously)

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Great info - thanks! :cheers:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Bit more explicitly; When you save, everything's preserved. Game progress, inventory, collectables, etc. The only thing that changes when you next load is Link will be at either at the Treehouse or Temple of Time, if you saved just randomly out in the world somewhere, or at the start of the current dungeon you saved in.

Also neat little dumb trick with Farore's Wind; It only works in dungeons, but it works continuously in any dungeon. Make sure you remember where you last set it, otherwise you can go on ab exciting trip to the other side of Hyrule deep in another dungeon somewhere.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The entry for Sunless Sea could use a little love.

This bit is confusing questlines:

quote:

Pages is much harder to raise than the other stats since no officers teach it, so bear that in mind when choosing your background. On the other hand, completing a certain questline that starts at the Salt Lions without choosing a background gets you a nice persistent bonus, and you can always pick a background later.

It should read something like this:

quote:

Pages is much harder to raise than the other stats since no officers teach it, so bear that in mind when choosing your background. Helping the Merchant Venturer with all his requests will give a nice persistent (carries on to other captains) bonus to pages as well as some extra cash.

A persistent bonus for every stat can be acquired by completing various questlines and will be discovered through normal play. The exception is veils, which requires that you complete a relatively early quest without choosing a background. There are opportunities to choose a background later in the game if you decide to go this route.

Some more advice:

Killing zeebeasts and ships will reduce terror as well as reward supplies and other things. This is essential for long trips.

It's a good idea to always carry a couple bottles of wine and foxfire candles wherever you go. If you have lots of space, take a flare and some coffee as well.

Faster engines consume more fuel. Larger crews consume more food. So consider carefully before upgrading the starter ship, and if you do, try to work in a profitable trade or two for each journey (coffee, sphinxstone, sunlight, clay men, etc) so you don't end in a financial death spiral. There's no advantage to running with a full crew either so just keep a buffer so you don't go below 50% crew.

Why is my new captain not getting a stat bonus: This isn't explained properly anywhere. The next captain inherits 50% of the previous captain's bonus minus 50, without crew bonuses. So if your first captain has 100 veils, the next gets a bonus of 25. If they have 52, the next captain gets a bonus of 1.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 17, 2021

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
A few tips for an Early Access survival/crafting/robot killing game called Volconoids

Follow the quests to get your first drillship. You get it for free, then feel free to disregard the rest of the quests if you want.

Don't bother trying to destroy a drillship until you get some grenades. You can shoot or pickaxe out modules but explosives are ten times faster, and fairly cheap to boot.

The game is not terribly clear on this, so: If you do want to capture a drillship (you never have to do this, to be clear) you need to destroy every wall and module on a ship, including the ceiling. When the alarm goes off, before the ship explodes, use the panel right there on the drill and put a new core in the ship. Then you'll just have to fix every part of the ship you broke!

Mines are great for getting a bunch of ore at once, and they do refresh after every eruption. There's a mine for every resource available at every tier, including coal.

Your starting pistol sucks but makes getting headshots pretty easy. Upgrade to a shotgun ASAP, it's only two shots before reloading but makes getting headshots trivial.

This isn't necessarily a before I play thing but if you make it to Tier 3, get a Gatling gun. It's amazing in close quarters and gunning down an entire drillship with a gatling was my favorite part of Volconoids.

Copper armor disappears nearly instantly, but so does your health. Level 2 and 3 armor each double the armor values of the previous tier (Copper armor is 100, next is 200 then 400). If you're going to do anything even slightly dangerous bring a full stack of 5 armors.

Once you hit Tier 2 you can create Hubs, which you can set to automatically craft stuff. Set up automatic ingot smelting and turret ammo creation once you get there so you can actually go do stuff.

The underground maps and caves are pretty half-baked. I never felt the need to surface in the second cave map. Just don't worry about them unless you have to go there for story reasons.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Oxygen Not Included
- 15 is a decent number of duplicants for a colony. While I wouldn't take it as a hard rule, if you're pushing 20 and still experiencing labor shortages, it may be a good idea to stop and evaluate whether there's a way to make your current duplicants work more efficiently or take over some of their duties with automation before getting more of them.

Monster Train
- The little numbers on the upper right of creature health totals are the results of combat under the current setup. X means the creature dies, numbers are how much health they'll lose.
- Between combats, once you commit to a rail fork you can do the stops in any order. So, for instance, in the 2nd room you'll often want to visit a monster recruit stop near the exit then backtrack to a monster upgrade shop near the entrance.
- Keywords aside, used spell cards go in the discard pile and can be replayed an infinite number of times once the deck reshuffles and you draw them again. Monster cards do not, they get consumed once the creature is summoned and you don't get them back until the next fight.
- Like with Slay the Spire, your goal will generally be to figure out a broken combo you can build toward while keeping your deck thin enough to always be drawing something useful. Stops that remove cards from your deck are good and don't be afraid to skip taking cards that don't contribute to what you're trying to do. Getting CONSUME on a marginal card is ok since it stops you from drawing it multiple times once its been played that fight, suiciding a weak monster early with an unwinnable fight gets rid of it the same way.

yook fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 22, 2021

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
One for ori and the will of the wisps:

projectiles go the opposite direction of your bash arrow and open the walls with purple cracks and I wasted hours trying to figure out where to go next because I missed this detail when first acquiring the ability

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Pathologic 2

- Herbs can be found during the day by listening for an audio queue, like buzzing. During night herbs give off light that makes them easy to spot

- Opening infected containers will cause immunity to decrease greatly. They can be identified by looking for rust coloration on the drawers.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm starting Outward and it definitely seems like a game worth puzzling out for yourself, but are there any particularly stupid/enraging traps or gotchas that I should be aware of? The wiki page is handy but quite bare.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Any tips for Omori?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm starting Outward and it definitely seems like a game worth puzzling out for yourself, but are there any particularly stupid/enraging traps or gotchas that I should be aware of? The wiki page is handy but quite bare.

There is a mission down the line that you need to take care of in like 20days, or else Cierzo gets destroyed. I don't think the mission starts until you join a faction though.