Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
It's weed lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Two different strains of live resin diamonds and sauce? I don't mind if I do.... This is going to be a fun week or so.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

i got a real nice buzz on tonight and was nailing multikills in cod like god drat jason bourne just scoping/shooting/unscoping and on next target/scoping/shooting

Its like god drat cocaine I swear.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
weed either makes me extremely good at cod or extremely bad at it. usually the latter.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Yeah, so the pallor of my butter was not indicative of subpar weed quality. :stare: :420:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

600mg gabapentin and almost a dime-sized glob of RSO are both kicking in at the same time.

I’m either gonna fly through the stars or throw up

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I had to take gabapentin for a while for my back when I was in the army. I'm not fond.

I never saw the appeal for recreational use, but different strokes. Six months of therapeutic use is a different creature than infrequent use.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

thathonkey posted:

weed either makes me extremely good at cod or extremely bad at it. usually the latter.

much like playing pool there is a sweet spot to hit with substances that enhances your ability significantly and then quickly drops off a cliff if you go any further.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I had to take gabapentin for a while for my back when I was in the army. I'm not fond.

I never saw the appeal for recreational use, but different strokes. Six months of therapeutic use is a different creature than infrequent use.

It’s for pain, and so is the weed. I try to avoid both at once because of nausea, but the migraine was gonna be a doozy.

Apparently combining both accidentally made me high as balls though, in a way that taking even more RSO couldn’t. It’s interesting. Feels almost exactly like a medium alcoholic buzz.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I was up snowboarding the last four days and let me tell you, I wouldn't have half the fun or be half as good without my smoke. Every few runs I just take a few hits from my cart and get recharged, then go hit the park again and hit ramps or rails that I wouldn't even consider trying if I was sober.

It's incredibly how in certain situations it seems to do the opposite of what you'd think. Especially when I'm doing sports, it doesn't make me distracted. It makes me more focused and more adept at what I'm doing. It just makes things . . . flow . . . so nicely.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Guys, always remember that if you can't make the 4:20 meeting, it's okay to reach out to your friends and push it back a couple of hours. Just gotta make sure you communicate!

In other news, happy 6:20, had to close on my home refinance this afternoon!

Play posted:

I was up snowboarding the last four days and let me tell you, I wouldn't have half the fun or be half as good without my smoke. Every few runs I just take a few hits from my cart and get recharged, then go hit the park again and hit ramps or rails that I wouldn't even consider trying if I was sober.

It's incredibly how in certain situations it seems to do the opposite of what you'd think. Especially when I'm doing sports, it doesn't make me distracted. It makes me more focused and more adept at what I'm doing. It just makes things . . . flow . . . so nicely.

Dude, yes! One of the biggest "Whoa holy poo poo" moments this summer was with all the bike repair I was doing. I worked on almost 20 bikes throughout the summer, fixing things up, flipping others, etc. It was amazing to just smoke some nice weed and then BAM, all of the sudden I can tune a derailleur better than sober me could ever imagine being able to

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 23, 2021

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just got approved for an MMJ card after a 2 minute phone call bless up

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
congrats dude. gonna smoke some to celebrate?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sjs00 posted:

congrats dude. gonna smoke some to celebrate?

You know it! :hfive:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Hmmm, time to find out if my company piss tests for internal promotions.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

You know it! :hfive:

I would highly recommend picking up some edibles on your first trip to the dispensary. Regulated, consistent edibles are one of the best things about the legal/medical market.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Don't be like me and start popping 50mg edibles like candy. Totally hosed my tolerance.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Protocol7 posted:

Don't be like me and start popping 50mg edibles like candy. Totally hosed my tolerance.

I purposely save edibles for the weekend, mostly because it prevents me from feeling like smoking/eating for the rest of the weekend.

I have a neurologist appointment on March 5 (epilepsy), so I'm purposely abstaining from smoking/eating until after then anyway.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
my friend has a dispensary and he sells little bottles of agave nectar with 500mg thc added. thought "lol i'm gonna drink 420mg of thc" and had a weed hangover the next day. my tolerance seems to recover pretty quickly if i go a week or so without. different intake methods seem to have their own tolerances for me as well

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

butt dickus posted:

my friend has a dispensary and he sells little bottles of agave nectar with 500mg thc added. thought "lol i'm gonna drink 420mg of thc" and had a weed hangover the next day. my tolerance seems to recover pretty quickly if i go a week or so without. different intake methods seem to have their own tolerances for me as well

Ooh, I bet some Fage yogurt with weeded-up agave nectar would be divine. :allears:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
From the schad thread, pretty funny setup he's got

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
420mg of thc would put me right to bed for the next 12 hours

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember being pretty drunk already outside a bar and eating like 300 mg of edibles. I was so hosed up I could barely stand, and remember thinking if someone mugged me I'd be helpless to stop them.

Luckily all that happened was I finally shambled down to a variety store and had the most amazingly fresh drumstick ever, the cone was so drat crunchy. I made it 10 feet before turning back to buy another.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I made some ridiculously potent green dragon once in college using vaped weed and had to go to my parents for the weekend, I said to my roommates "You guys can have some of this but do know, it takes a while to kick in, and you really should not gently caress around with this stuff." Well it turns out my roommates were idiots (I knew they were and that this would be a possibility) and they had a party while I was gone where people were taking shots of this stuff because they took a teaspoon like I suggested, waited 15 minutes, and then took some more because it wasn't doing anything. I think one of the guys projectile vomited, one of the guys passed out and slept for ~24 hours straight.. I can't remember what else happened as a result but they basically drank an entire mason jar of the stuff over the course of a night and I was loving pissed.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I remember that happening with some green dragon a buddy of mine made. He told us to take shots, thinking we had any tolerance and then realized how bad of an idea it was after it had already kicked in. I was still high as hell the morning after, like well into the afternoon.

Also, just start with 10mg-ish as a dosage for edibles. I try to stay around there and if my tolerance starts to build up, I just back off. 4-5 nights a week are edible nights these days, my lungs are thanking me for it

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The Fury Edge is $20 off right now: https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p72/FURY_EDGE_Bundle___1_FREE_Accessory.html

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Play posted:

From the schad thread, pretty funny setup he's got

I could do it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Can you explain the dosing capsule thing? Because that actually looks pretty cool. Does it do a good job of heating the flower all the way through, or will you have to 'stir the pot' at some point?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

As long as you don’t overpack the capsules you don’t really need to stir it. They work really good and make cleanup so much easier.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I've rarely ever stirred my Fury Edge. Usually I just run a bowl till I stop getting vapor and its all evenly brown at that point all the way through without stirring so I've never bothered.

Seems like the vape mail/shipping ban is going to make it rough to get a vape in the US shortly without jumping through an assload of hoops. Get one while you can.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How long does a charge last? I've been looking for something to replace my hitter box when hiking to cut down on the smoking

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

As long as you don’t overpack the capsules you don’t really need to stir it. They work really good and make cleanup so much easier.

not an empty quote

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I run mine at 430f mostly lately. After 18 months of daily use or so I get about twelve 5 min cycles which means roughly six bowls for me. ymmv.

I only use at home so I just leave it plugged in when not in use.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

My medical card paperwork was completed, paid for and submitted on the first of this month. The website says in huge bold lettering THE STATE HAS 30 DAYS TO COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST

Day 28 baby. Use every goddamn minute of time you want, but you rat bastards aren't making me wait much longer

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I purposely save edibles for the weekend, mostly because it prevents me from feeling like smoking/eating for the rest of the weekend.

I have a neurologist appointment on March 5 (epilepsy), so I'm purposely abstaining from smoking/eating until after then anyway.

Smart lady.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
smoking some dabssss and watching the Expanse good show

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sjs00 posted:

smoking some dabssss and watching the Expanse good show

The detective is the best character and space forrest gump is the worst

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Hi weed thread this is a comparison of dark web weed (top) with my local dealers weed bottom

as you can see the bottom one is kinda poo poo looking.

god drat is that dark web weed tasty and powerful (big kush is the strain)

this is a result of growth hormones used in hydro setups in australia. it fattens up the weight (thicker stalks) but you lose THC content. all the red hair is also indicative of PGRs used. it also smells like poo poo rather than a nice zesty weed smell.

thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I mean, lots of weed gets those red hairs as they develop, the stigmas get more coarse and orange colored with time and stress. If they're white, you're probably smoking weed that was cut down early.

e not that those pictures aren't night and day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sedgr posted:

I've rarely ever stirred my Fury Edge. Usually I just run a bowl till I stop getting vapor and its all evenly brown at that point all the way through without stirring so I've never bothered.

Seems like the vape mail/shipping ban is going to make it rough to get a vape in the US shortly without jumping through an assload of hoops. Get one while you can.

I ordered one because it sounds like the bowl has good heat distribution and that's one of my biggest annoyances with vapes I've used.

Also, more details on the mail/shipping ban???