Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"And dear--"

"don't talk about your private parts in public." :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"They beat up George Will!"

"Good"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I love when the elderly therapist lady points out for the hundredth or so time that Fingal was caught "viewing...cinemas?", and Crow exasperatedly yells out "Yeah, that's been established!"

We all know how psychists can be...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is it SEXY?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I've been watching resident alien on syfy and one of the actors was bugging me and I looked him up and he's Tooby from overdrawn, the doofy dude that cant find the body

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"My name is...Apollonia James."

"Yeah, right." :rolleyes:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

remusclaw posted:

Danger Diabolik is an interesting episode because honestly I feel like it doesn't work very well. And this despite/maybe because I actually like the movie they are riffing quite a bit. I feel like it doesn't jive very well together, and I end up liking both parts less than I generally do separated from one another.

Mmmm... you smell like a tire store...

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It's a superhero movie where Batman is a terrorist fighting the state because gently caress the state. It's a real fun movie. A pretty one too in better prints. Mario Bava can make an interesting looking movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Doesn't the diabolik get owned at the end? It's been a while since I've seen that one but he's alive but stuck under molten gold right?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, is the Diabolik franchise itself any good? I think there was a cartoon at one point but I don’t remember if any of the original comics ever got translated.

On the subject of comics, are the MST3K ones still going/any good?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 22, 2021

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Doesn't the diabolik get owned at the end? It's been a while since I've seen that one but he's alive but stuck under molten gold right?

Yeah he is encased in solid gold, but he is alive and his girlfriend notices. It's a very here comes a sequel/he is totally getting away with this ending.

Also like, I am not ripping on the boys on the Satellite here at all, and hell Rifftrax has shown them to be totally capable of doing a good job on other better films. For some reason though, this particular one doesn't work for me as well as the sum of its parts. Which is a real bummer because I have to admit I was excited to see how the last episode would go.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 22, 2021

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
One of the only lines I remember from that one

Whooping.
Cranes.

Also the tedious wall scaling that even got made fun of in a beastie boys vid

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

remusclaw posted:

Also like, I am not ripping on the boys on the Satellite here at all, and hell Rifftrax has shown them to be totally capable of doing a good job on other better films. For some reason though, this particular one doesn't work for me as well as the sum of its parts. Which is a real bummer because I have to admit I was excited to see how the last episode would go.

Where it should, Mike, Crow and Servo sitting watching The Crawling Eye in a small house near the bus line.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah, it ends with him being alive, but left alone as a Golden Gumby in a dark cave.

"Suit didn't work as well as I thought."
"There's a cold bottle of Heineken sitting RIGHT THERE!"
"Oh man, my nose itches!"
"It doesn't really seem like he comes out ahead."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This has been the biopic of Larry Fine!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Where it should, Mike, Crow and Servo sitting watching The Crawling Eye in a small house near the bus line.

Yeah the out of the theatre parts of the episode hit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Mads now have a Youtube channel which currently has all the shorts they did on the first Night of Shorts livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2BeDkbyDTmRv0Ptg2o8qEw/featured

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

On the subject of comics, are the MST3K ones still going/any good?

It only went for 6 issues, and it was fine. They just took old golden age comics, and replaced the dialog and inserted the bots. They had little bubbles on the word balloons where they replaced the text, so you knew what was their riffing and what wasn't. They're worth checking out if you can find them on sale on Comixology, or can find the individual issues.

https://www.comixology.com/Mystery-Science-Theater-3000/comics-series/121351
$2 an issue, $12 for the collection. Not a bad price, but Comixology has sales all the time.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Not to take ANYTHING away from the police...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I had to watch the abridged version and I'm just laughing thinking about the pilot freaking the gently caress out every time the trap door opens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvRBUw_Ls2o&t=195s

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"My name is...Apollonia James."

"Yeah, right." :rolleyes:

In the short story, she was Apollonia Joachim.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

You're definitely not my kind of woman

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

You're definitely not my kind of woman

*slaps Fingal*

"Well, now you are, actually..."

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Mustache: visible.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I guess PBS means ‘Public Boinking System,’ huh?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

I guess PBS means ‘Public Boinking System,’ huh?

Man, imagine the kids tuning in to watch "Barney"...

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

TO WENDY’S

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what are you going to do?

EAT!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Which is more insane:

Adam West Batman's Bat-Shark Repellent or Diabolik's Anti-Exhilaration Gas Tablet

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
kalgan is diabolik, btw

i was shocked when i learned that a few years ago

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't know how many times I watched it before I figured out that Valmont was Emilio Largo

Kalgan is Diabolik is Pygar in Barbarella. Such a web of movies that guy was in.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Sash! posted:

I don't know how many times I watched it before I figured out that Valmont was Emilio Largo

Kalgan is Diabolik is Pygar in Barbarella. Such a web of movies that guy was in.

some of them were even watchable!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

In the farming short before I accuse my parents crow says that carrots are made flavorless so people buy more steaks. Is that actually a thing that happened in the history or carrot farming

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bootleg Trunks posted:

In the farming short before I accuse my parents crow says that carrots are made flavorless so people buy more steaks. Is that actually a thing that happened in the history or carrot farming

A lot of American produce has been developed for two key characteristics: longevity on the shelf and looking good on it, these often actively prove to be detrimental to them being any good to eat in terms of flavor or texture, though certain bad habits of how Americans store and/or cook their food doesn't help(like how putting raw tomatoes in the fridge will often ruin their flavor)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
there’s a similar joke in king of the hill where hank gets organic tomatoes and the family is stunned that tomatoes have flavor

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
With very few exceptions, 20th century American cuisine was just terrible. Growing up I was constantly berated by adults around me for being such a picky eater. But when I grew up and was exposed to actual good food, I realized I wasnt actual that picky; the problem was no one I grew up with knew how to purchase or cook a vegetable properly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I use Crow's "They make it sound so nice!" in response to their extremely chirpy take on immigrant workers a lot.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there’s a similar joke in king of the hill where hank gets organic tomatoes and the family is stunned that tomatoes have flavor

I started (mostly, not strict or anything) eating organic about 10 years ago. I've had people make fun of me for getting sucked into to a fad that costs more but the food really does taste better.

I loving hate inorganic meat now, it really does lack flavor, and other than red meat the extra cost is about $1/meal for a family of four.

Honestly, we should all eat less red mea-[poster was found beaten to death, his skull caved in with a propane cylinder]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I was thinking about that exact same episode