Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

seaborgium posted:

Wait, was there a live action one or are you talking about the animated one she was a part of?

There was going to be a series but it got cancelled before it started filming. Milana Vayntrub (at&t Lily) was cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

There was going to be a series but it got cancelled before it started filming. Milana Vayntrub (at&t Lily) was cast

poo poo. Milana Vayntrub would indeed be a perfect Squirrel Girl.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MCU Maggott when

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

seaborgium posted:

Wait, was there a live action one or are you talking about the animated one she was a part of?

Vayntrub was actually both! In addition to the failed New Warriors pilot, she was the voice of Squirrel Girl in Marvel Rising.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Everyone posted:

poo poo. Milana Vayntrub would indeed be a perfect Squirrel Girl.

If they were smart, which Marvel seems to be, they'd find some place for her in one of the Disney+ series.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

twistedmentat posted:

If they were smart, which Marvel seems to be, they'd find some place for her in one of the Disney+ series.

Certainly seems like they're trying to bring in fan favorites. Some of the Netflix people into she hulk, maybe coulson and quake into secret warriors if rumors turn out to be true, why not squirrel girl

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Azhais posted:

Certainly seems like they're trying to bring in fan favorites. Some of the Netflix people into she hulk, maybe coulson and quake into secret warriors if rumors turn out to be true, why not squirrel girl

Doreen has established friendships with a huge number of people so she could show up anywhere. That also makes me wish they'd do a proper Patsy for Shulk.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

twistedmentat posted:

No reason not too. She is immensely talented and from the previous conversation, gives Kat Dennings a run for her money figure wise. She could, and should, still absolutely be a live action Squirrel Girl especially with a Ms. Marvel series coming soon.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Another Bill posted:

Personally I want to see Jonah Ray as a very tall Wolverine. Just totally play against the expectation.

"I'm the best at what I do, bub, and what I do is PRETTY NICE!"

sticklefifer posted:

Bear with me here, but I feel like the new Wolverine would be a good place to slate a wrestler with decent acting skills trying to break into Hollywood. You know he'll maintain the physique, can probably do his own stunts, and doesn't have to show a lot of emotional range because his job is to look like a badass all the time. I had doubts about Dave Bautista when he joined the MCU, but he's made Drax one of the most fun characters.

Just cast John Silver as Wolverine. He'd be the right height too!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

Wolvie hungiee!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Azhais posted:

they filmed the pilot, at least. I hope that leaks someday but that doesn’t seem to happen too often in the industry, unfortunately

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Gavok posted:

"I'm the best at what I do, bub, and what I do is PRETTY NICE!"

Not even the best Dark Order option! (Stu)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PASS THE MASH posted:

Not even the best Dark Order option! (Stu)

That just makes me picture the dad from Rugrats. Ah man, speaking of 90s sitcoms.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

tsob posted:

I imagine the show's success, or at least it's ability to hold tension week to week will depend largely on how much of a thriller it is or if it's just straight buddy action/comedy. The trailers certainly play up the odd couple dynamic, but there is still suggestions of a larger political or social thriller story in the trailers, and if the show plays up that intrigue and/or leans in to the moral complexity of Zemo and his sympathetic qualities (or uses what I assume is Sin in a similar fashion) it'll probably be more interesting. Honestly though, my biggest fear about the show is how they'll blend Cap's shield with Falcon's existing costume. because anytime I've seen Sam holding the shield in comic panels or fanart while wearing the wingsuit the whole comes off as very visually cluttered. Even with the wing's stowed away in this one, it'll be rather busy, because the shield goes on the back where the wings are too. A smaller pack of hardlight wings or something that are only there when he's flying would honestly seem preferable, but I doubt the show is going to do that. At least this version is unlikely to have the ugly half mask thing that comics Sam Wilson has as Captain America.

There would seem to be a good chance it's more a thriller though, just based on the trend of the Cap films. The films had the Russo Brothers helming though, while Falcon & The Winter Soldier is directed by someone I'm unfamiliar with. I suppose anyone more familiar with Kari Skogland's output might have more input on the matter.

I just don't like Falcon in general. I know almost nothing about the comic version but in the MCU he's a petty dick, constantly insulting other cooler characters, I presume to cover up his own feelings of inadequacy. His abilities suck, especially next to Iron Man or War Machine who do everything he can better. His one redeeming quality seems to be he's loyal to Captain America but a lot of people are.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kinda felt there's a missed opportunity to have Falcon and Vulture know each other, given Vulture's own flying suit almost seems like a home-made take on the Falcon wing suit- maybe the Vulture is former military as well who used the same equipment before they were decommissioned.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I just don't like Falcon in general. I know almost nothing about the comic version but in the MCU he's a petty dick, constantly insulting other cooler characters, I presume to cover up his own feelings of inadequacy. His abilities suck, especially next to Iron Man or War Machine who do everything he can better. His one redeeming quality seems to be he's loyal to Captain America but a lot of people are.

Falcon is cool :colbert:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kinda felt there's a missed opportunity to have Falcon and Vulture know each other, given Vulture's own flying suit almost seems like a home-made take on the Falcon wing suit- maybe the Vulture is former military as well who used the same equipment before they were decommissioned.

We know exactly what Toomes did for a living before becoming the Vulture and exactly where he got the suit from, because it's literally the driving force behind the plot of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Regarding Agatha: I think there's a strong possibility that Agatha is just a character in Wanda's sitcom world who she has created to be the villain in order to externalise her own guilt. She's turning people's lives upside down and hurting them just to have her own perfect life with Vision, and justifying it to herself by saying "Agatha made me do it" - or where she knows it was her own choice, that she was manipulated into doing it because Agatha posed as her friend.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey all I'm saying is that in Disassembled, we found out that Agatha was actually dead the whole time. So it wouldn't surprise me that the Agatha we see here isn't completely herself in one way or another.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's a good chance that as soon as Wanda meets someone she's not meant to be related to who appears to have agency, she immediately pins everything on them because Wanda's already pretty much at the lowest point in her emotional arc or close to it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a good chance that as soon as Wanda meets someone she's not meant to be related to who appears to have agency, she immediately pins everything on them because Wanda's already pretty much at the lowest point in her emotional arc or close to it.

Hmm, so Wanda is bending reality so that someone else is the bad guy? I would actually like that

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Reports are that episode 8 is 47 minutes long, although that will include credits.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
(bad guy discussion) It would be kinda dumb if they reveal Agatha to be the bad guy only to reveal someone previously not mentioned to be the bad guy just one or two episodes later... but if she's an old school witch I might be able to accept that some version of the devil is the real bad guy of the series. Since it's tying in to Doctor Strange 2, I'd expect it to be Dormammu rather than Mephisto, or maybe even for Dormammu and Mephisto to be one and the same in the MCU, because I don't think we need two Satans competing for relevance.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If you don't believe there is a greater bad guy then how do you think they explain Agatha arriving after the hex's creation, and neither Agatha or Wanda apparently knowing how it was created out of curiosity?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm hopeful for Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I mean, I gave two shits about Wanda and Vision before this show and now I'm pretty invested so who knows.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

tsob posted:

If you don't believe there is a greater bad guy then how do you think they explain Agatha arriving after the hex's creation, and neither Agatha or Wanda apparently knowing how it was created out of curiosity?

Is the hex not being created by Agatha solidly confirmed? All we have is her changing into her 50's outfit in a scene where the hex had already been created, but there's nothing to say that's actually her first interaction with the town, the hex, or Wanda.

Doesn't really explain why all of her actions so far have contributed to destablizing the hex (making Vision aware of the nature of the hex / his past), but I don't think we know enough to say anything solid about how the hex was created or why yet.

I still think the likeliest scenario is that Wanda created it, but was given the power to / pushed to do it by someone, and I think Agatha being that person is the likeliest explanation. In terms of why she's destablizing it now, maybe the point is to push Wanda to a breaking point somehow, to get her to do something for her?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

enki42 posted:

Is the hex not being created by Agatha solidly confirmed? All we have is her changing into her 50's outfit in a scene where the hex had already been created, but there's nothing to say that's actually her first interaction with the town, the hex, or Wanda.

She was apparently manipulating "Pietro" in to asking about the origins of the hex, so it makes zero sense that she would have created it. Her pushing Vision to question the nature of the hex and seek help also doesn't really make senses if she's a villain full stop, honestly.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is it confirmed that there will be 9 episodes? I figured the last week would be a double.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaShenk/status/1363630027930296324?s=19

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

swickles posted:

No reason not too. She is immensely talented and from the previous conversation, gives Kat Dennings a run for her money figure wise. She could, and should, still absolutely be a live action Squirrel Girl especially with a Ms. Marvel series coming soon.

Since I was the perpetrator of the ‘previous conversation, I will chime in and say Milana Vayntrub is an immense comedic talent. If you can track it down, I recommend watching the short lived, low budget sci-fi comedy webseries she was in, “Other Space”. She was a delight.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just made myself laugh at the thought of this series ending on a cliffhanger and there being a 'to be continued... in WandaVision Season 2!' title come up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's definitely a < 5% chance of happening but I feel like Mary Kate and Ashley showing up would be a Luke - level cameo -- though I guess their window to do that is closed?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

The Dave posted:

It's definitely a < 5% chance of happening but I feel like Mary Kate and Ashley showing up would be a Luke - level cameo -- though I guess their window to do that is closed?

They didn’t even do a cameo during the five seasons of Fuller House, I’m guessing they’re really done with acting.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus christ Fuller House had 5 seasons? Netflix can really do whatever they want.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Edmund Lava posted:

They didn’t even do a cameo during the five seasons of Fuller House, I’m guessing they’re really done with acting.

Let us remember that Mary-Kate suffers from anorexia nerviosa, I'm guessing that for her own health she doesn't want to be involved in the environment that probably triggered that illness.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
so the twins seem to be a central part of whatever Agatha's plan is, right? on top of their mysterious disappearance at the end of last episode, I looked back at episode 5 and she's around both times they age themselves up, first when she's trying to put them to sleep as babies, second after she brings over the doghouse for Sparky. They're also about to age themselves up a third time after she kills Sparky, though Wanda talks them out of doing it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Instead of casting a genuinely short Wolverine, they could just get an actor of average to below-average height and give everyone else the lifts RDJ wore in his scenes with Paltrow.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the world is ready for the MCU to celebrate a short king

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

live with fruit posted:

give everyone else the lifts RDJ wore in his scenes with Paltrow.

Or Benedict Cumberbatch. All the scenes where they've got them at the same height are unintentionally funny.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Can’t have a woman be taller than a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Desperado Bones posted:

Let us remember that Mary-Kate suffers from anorexia nerviosa, I'm guessing that for her own health she doesn't want to be involved in the environment that probably triggered that illness.

And I think its Ashley that has a variety of autoimmune disorders, so she isn't always in the best health, let alone having the energy to act.