Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

on the sixth part of the adam curtis doc and :lol: at the donkey kong music. he might wanna take that out on a Directors Cut or something because Nintendo is about as bad as Disney when it comes to slaming down the Copyright hammer and do not gently caress around (see: Smash Fandom):ohdear:.

:lol: holy poo poo hes mentioning Pokemon Go stealing personal data now:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I remember something where the BBC has a blanket deal where they can use any music they like.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/bigblackjacobin/status/1362991613480493057?s=20

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

:lol: holy poo poo hes mentioning Pokemon Go stealing personal data now:stare:

timestamp?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Bust Rodd posted:

I have a dumb question but I'm thinking out loud: do you think that they get paid per episode/appearance or do you think the owners just divy the money up evenly every month and then a separate business account handles the guest fees? Is Chris part owner as well? or is it just the Will/Matt/Felix/Amber/Virgil?

iirc the answer the last time this question came up was virgil and amber get half shares each, dry boys and Chris get a full share each.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

crepeface posted:

iirc the answer the last time this question came up was virgil and amber get half shares each, dry boys and Chris get a full share each.
From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

Based Hillary throwing epic shade at P-P-Butt

crepeface posted:

They've been upped to full shares, according to Chris more-recently than that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Why though

THS
Sep 15, 2017

from each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Clibanarius posted:

They've been upped to full shares, according to Chris more-recently than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njrk3Xu6JzY

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Did Brendan get any of that Patreon money before he left, or were they just paying him separately

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I could be misremembering, but I think someone said brendan still gets a full share

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pharmaskittle posted:

I could be misremembering, but I think someone said brendan still gets a full share

Good work if you can get it

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
considering his output with blowback, its fully deserved. his cold opens in early episodes alone

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I went to CVS to get deodorant and they had the baby formula behind the counter to keep people from stealing it I guess and the absurdity of it plus the episode with the Breunigs and Libby really gave me a new :crackping:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

net work error posted:

I went to CVS to get deodorant and they had the baby formula behind the counter to keep people from stealing it I guess and the absurdity of it plus the episode with the Breunigs and Libby really gave me a new :crackping:

there was a big hubbub here about stores running out because international students were buying it up for resale in china. eventually they put limits per customer. was the global system of commerce and supply blamed? did this cause asian parents to be interrogated and refused purchase? guess!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

We live in a society

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
decided to give these guys another chance to see if they redeemed themselves in any way and they dropped a transphobic slur in like the first 10 minutes of this episode. granted i picked at random but its from like september last year.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

that's a real funny bit. doing the same joke over and over again. very funny

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Baby formula stuff is wild. Been a huge issue in Australia ever since some companies in China killed a whole heap of bubs with local manufactured poo poo. The businesses set up to get formula over to China are crazy.

I do as-built surveying/scanning of structures. Went in to an old warehouse/machine shop place that the owner was looking to develop and every square inch of it was stacked with baby formula ready to be somehow smuggled out to China. And some new prada vinyl-wrapped jet ski's the current tenants had bought. The guys were not happy I was in there scanning and imaging the place.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

net work error posted:

I went to CVS to get deodorant

lol sucker

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

net work error posted:

It's in a locked glass cabinet in my grocery store and I think has been forever. I figured there was another reason besides theft since this is a wealthy area but the razors are also locked up due to theft though I figure those would be easier to steal.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

What's the correct thing to do then

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ArfJason posted:

decided to give these guys another chance to see if they redeemed themselves in any way and they dropped a transphobic slur in like the first 10 minutes of this episode. granted i picked at random but its from like september last year.

feel like you're not giving the show a fair chance. if you had kept listening, every (non-patreon) episode has a segment near the end where they apologize for the slurs said during the episode and promise to do better next time

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I do really miss the patreon segment where Felix would go over all the new eastern-European slurs he learned playing Counterstrike that week though

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i thought it was kinda hosed up when they had matt say the 14 words at gunpoint while he was doing DMT.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

net work error posted:

What's the correct thing to do then

Have you ever heard of a free thinker and musician named Sting?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Have you ever heard of a free thinker and musician named Sting?

If he doesn't use deodorant they should call him Stink instead!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1363570230421827584?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1363869640544378880?s=20

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If neera doesn't get this job he posting will be legendary

Please god give me something funny.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If neera doesn't get this job he posting will be legendary

Please god give me something funny.

i can't wait to see how this will all be bernie's fault for not rolling over hard enough or something.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
bernie's going to vote for her and it'll be used as evidence that he was signaling to manchin to vote against her confirmation

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Neera about to face the ultimate poster’s fate and I for one can’t wait

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

El Burbo posted:

Neera about to face the ultimate poster’s fate and I for one can’t wait

Doomed to post about it for all eternity

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

net work error posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/02/magazine/money-issue-baby-formula-crime-ring.html

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

back when I worked at a pharmacy, we had to keep the BC headache powder behind the counter because people would steal it and use it to cut cocaine. we also started having to keep those little energy shots behind the counter because people just loved to steal them for some reason

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ArfJason posted:

Man you really need to stop trying Pod Save America. It's not good for you.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
pretty much anything that's easily concealable but expensive is prime shoplifting fodder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol Texas's AG went to Utah with his wife during the freeze.