Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
Actually, let's find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYVqf0dQdg

After a decade I finally had a funny meme glitch happen to me :)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Big Scary Owl posted:

Thoughts on Oblivion's map so far:

if you go all the way to the west there is an area called the "gold coast". its worth visiting because it has different colored grass and it's the only region in the game in which you don't see the entire map at once whenever you crest a low hill

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I found the necrophilia fine dialogue

Earwicker posted:

if you go all the way to the west there is an area called the "gold coast". its worth visiting because it has different colored grass and it's the only region in the game in which you don't see the entire map at once whenever you crest a low hill

Will check it out later. Near Anvil?

Edit: I just rescued an NPC, the dialogue went as follows:
Quest giver: "I'm so glad to see you again!"
Rescued NPC: "I saw a mudcrab the other day. Horrible creatures."

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 18, 2021

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Big Scary Owl posted:

I found the necrophilia fine dialogue

Will check it out later. Near Anvil?

Edit: I just rescued an NPC, the dialogue went as follows:
Quest giver: "I'm so glad to see you again!"
Rescued NPC: "I saw a mudcrab the other day. Horrible creatures."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uqSr2iLIm4

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
I don’t know you and I don’t CARE to know you.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Also, for an oldish game, Skyrim SE at 1440p with TAA looks very good, if a bit blurry. But it runs at 60ish most of the time on an old GTX 1650.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just chillin' with Martin Septim in Balmora.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
And apparently a vampire? Do ash storms block enough sun for them to be out and about?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
how the hell did you even get in there

https://i.imgur.com/9e17Hrm.mp4

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Aw yeah.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Welp, I guess OK the arch mage now... The 6'2 giant dude in ebony armor who knows 3 destruction spells is the archmage... But that was a fun questline. I guess at this point is time to finally finish this game.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Have you murdered the emperor and THEN joined the Imperial Legion.

Also, Master Neloth on Solstheim has unique dialog if you're the archmage.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

mulligan posted:

Welp, I guess OK the arch mage now... The 6'2 giant dude in ebony armor who knows 3 destruction spells is the archmage... But that was a fun questline. I guess at this point is time to finally finish this game.

archmage is purely an administrative position and has no correlation to that being's magical proficiency.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Can you make boats fly like horses and horse-carts in Daggerfall Unity?
Flying horses/horse-carts over city walls as a inverse looting Santa Claus and being able to join 99+ different factions were my favorite things in vanilla unpatched Daggerfall.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Lol I remember when daggerfall came out one of the tips in pcgamer was to cast levitate while on a horse and crank ride of the valkyries.

There are some cool ship mods but none that let you remove it from the interstatial pocket it lives in afaik

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Supposedly a leaked video of some TES 6 gameplay footage.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/the-elder-scrolls-6-ps5-xbox-series-x-pc-gameplay-reddit-leak/

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Looks a lot like KC:D

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Reminds me of the Colovian Highlands in Oblivion. Hammerfell maybe?

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

Have you murdered the emperor and THEN joined the Imperial Legion.

Also, Master Neloth on Solstheim has unique dialog if you're the archmage.

Ah poo poo I remember I have a bunch of quests in Solsthiem to do! I guess that dragon trap will take a bit longer v0v

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Astrochicken posted:

archmage is purely an administrative position and has no correlation to that being's magical proficiency.

As someone who works in academia, this is entirely believable.

panic state
Jun 11, 2019

freein my slave bros from the skooma plantation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvx6CBHVoc

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I just found a talking dog 10/10

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

IIRC, Barnabas is specially coded to be super annoying. Enjoy. Hes set to follow at some super short distance, so effectively he keeps nudging you around.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Ott_ posted:

I stopped freeing slaves since they'd usually immediately, after thanking me, tell me to get away from them

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Maybe your character is a jerk who dresses weird?

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Yeah, but I've never played this anyway, and I enjoyed the slowed down pace and the music made it bearable... The umn bears did not.

Also did the drinking contest quest, I can tell you I wasn't expecting THAT.

50ish quests laters and despite some infuriating bugs I'm loving Skyrim, I gotta stop loving around and finish the quests so I can start a new playtrough and see all the questlines I missed like Thieves and Brotherhood.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Ott_ posted:

Hell yeah

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

mulligan posted:

Hey that's three more spells than the archmage in Cyrodil. I'm pretty sure you can use scrolls to become the archmage without knowing a single spell in Skyrim as well, you just need more than four.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Guildenstern Mother posted:

There are some cool ship mods but none that let you remove it from the interstatial pocket it lives in afaik

Cool. Thanks for the info.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Started the Dragonborn dlc, and oh boy Lovecraftian fun. but my fav part so far was the hallway of dragon skeleton sculptures in Miraak's temple. It prompted Serana to say "Oh Wow. This is gorgeous. I'm glad you're here with me."
She is the best follower. :allears:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

quantumfoam posted:

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Well never mind, apparently I lied and you can 100% do that.
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/15/

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
Is there anything I should know before diving into Nehrim (Oblivion TC)? I’m 2 hours in and it feels like a marriage of Gothic and TES :discourse:

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

wyoming posted:

Started the Dragonborn dlc, and oh boy Lovecraftian fun. but my fav part so far was the hallway of dragon skeleton sculptures in Miraak's temple. It prompted Serana to say "Oh Wow. This is gorgeous. I'm glad you're here with me."
She is the best follower. :allears:

Yeah, I’ve kept Serana with me after the end of Dawnguard, she’s great. I actually laughed out loud when I asked to trade with her and she said: “this better not be the things you can’t be bothered with” which of course it was... I need help with this 43 ATK ice Orcish Axe that I MIGHT use at some point.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think I've found out why I love two handed heavy armor so much. I mean besides just feeling really satisfying to smack things with a big rear end axe and heavy armor looking cool as poo poo.

The master of the arcane who pulls at the very threads of Nirn itself to bind reality to their will. With fire and frost and thunder they master the elements, they steal your souls, they make themselves unto gods.

The warrior with a blade in each hand, a dazzling display of skill that flashes about the battlefield as their swords slice open bellies and move on to the next man before the first even knows he's dead.

The sword and shield, so reliable. They use their great endurance and towering power to hold fast, to hold the line, to let the foes of the Dragonborn break against their shield.

The thief, the archer, the master of shadows. He steps with grace and commands the battlefield, striking down foes unseen with not but myth to say he was ever there at all.

my dumbass cat. with some heavy poo poo he picked off a bandit. he's really only here because he thinks he can get some good nord dick if he learns how to yell good. he's just gonna run at them and hit them and they die.

It's feels so much dumber than the others but so much more fun for it.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I love my huge dumbass two-hander brute

https://twitter.com/ThaumPenguin/status/1325945810694139905?s=19

All he knows is crush and yell

https://twitter.com/ThaumPenguin/status/1334180716737941520?s=19

But by the Gods, he does it well

https://twitter.com/ThaumPenguin/status/1346961585906991104?s=19

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
That is a good lizard.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

How does being an Argonian work out since half the enemies in Dungeons facetank you while blasting frost magic?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

That's where the shouting comes in, Thunderchild has some unlocks that gives you a free no-cooldown shout at the beginning and end of combat. That lets me really mess up whoever happens to be in front of me, especially with Paarthurnax's meditation bonus to Yol (fire shout). The Ice Form shout and good old Unrelenting Force also does a decent job.

Olarch's a master smith and a decent enchanter, which helps with damage as well. I'm also a devout worshipper of Arkay (Wintersun mod) which boosts my health and regen, as well as allowing me to defy death once every fifteen minutes as long as I've been diligent enough as a worshipper. Furthermore I've also got the complete Gauldur Amulet, which thanks to some mod (genuinely no idea) gives a solid bonus to all three primary attributes, as well as regen for all of them. It... also has a time-gated resurrection ability like what I get from being a Devotee of Arkay, but I've never actually seen them both activate in the same fight, so I don't think they stack.

Combined, this all makes Olarch Ormling incredibly sturdy, which is very handy when you're essentially a big, slow-moving target with a tendency towards long attack animations.

The main reason I chose Argonian was simply that I wanted to do a very literal interpretation of "Dragonborn", thus the big lizardman who's running around spouting fire at every rude person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
As someone who does a lot of heavy two handing and plays a lot of lizards without mods I can also confirm that lizards are uniquely excellent for the playstyle. Histskin is excellent and never really goes out of style since health regen scales basically forever so long as you're raising your health. Add in the Lord or Atronach stone (or both with the crown) and maybe some resist/absorb magic enchantments and it's pretty easy to overcome spellcasters and smash their faces in. Also yeah just shout them on their asses and smash them before they get back up.

Also Alteration is God tier, 30% passive resist and 30% absorption for a fairly easy to grind tree.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 25, 2021