Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par League 18 Week 7: Let He Who Is Without Sin Make the First Lineup Change

kw0134 posted:

Sub-Par 18, Week 7: Minicaps: The State of the Race is a Race to the Bottom.

With week seven in the bag, there are clear trends emerging:

1. Early leaders have started losing steam;
2. Other people have gained steam.
3. Other other people are wallowing in mediocrity.

"But sir!" you may cry, "these are loving obvious!" To which I reply, "Yeah, but you try writing for these teams year after year. In actual analysis, the leaders have padded a lead so large that their descent is a gentle float to second place -- if they get there. But others, others are surging like a rocket. Like Gamestop stock! Oooh, that would be a bad example. Or maybe the best one!

Headlining today's recap: the Landers demostrate that prog rock cannot fail, it can only be failed. A month after being humiliated by the same Dragons, they took three of four at Krakow and out scored them 34 to 19. Yowzas! This game was a hard one for both teams, a veritable slugfest that went back and forth for a full game, until the Landers poked in an RBI single at the top of the 9th, then basically played nearly another full game afterwards to wallop Howell in the 13th, with a pair of dingers from Foxx and Mathews. The Landers are now clear favorites in the Geese Howard. The Dragons, taking this drubbing, still are ahead. We'll see how much longer.

Just to drive home the point: the Landers still can win against woeful teams. It's funny because on paper they're similar teams, it's just that Ken Hrbek really can't compare to even...John Olerud? The Super-League is a strange place.

Mexico City has demonstrated its cunning plan of "not dying." Going 5-1 the week, they caught the Streamrollers by surprise on the road by swiping two of three from them, though to be honest it's hard to say whether that was necessarily skill or just someone had to win. When you get twice as many hits as your opposition then I guess eventually it works itself out, but the combined BABIP was like .200 which is, uh, not a thrilling game to watch. Or recap. Thank goodness this is just here so I can say that the Machine Guns are in the surprising position of threatening the Dragons if said reptiles keep dropping series at home.

The biggest surprise of recent weeks is the surging Baseball Club, because someone has to win the SHINRA division. This isn't to say that this is a bad division, actually, but the fact is that Baseball Club, the Marmots, and the Titanic are in a death struggle for the top. The division is still close enough that the Baseball Club and the Marmots can topple, Reichenbach Falls style, to dash themselves on the rocks below and let...the Diamond Bidens take over? What? Nah. Nevermind.

"Press Secretary Psaki denied rumors that the president was caught wrestling in slime. 'The Slimes are an intercultural exchange group from Japan, and are interested in exploring Japanese-American relations through the medium of baseball and XP farming. Any rumors of wrestling are a fantasy borne on right-wing radio.' was the statement. A slime covered Major was seen running through the grounds, but that was further dismissed as 'those pups got a little too friendly and took a friendly face full of slime.' Further reports as they come in."

After seven weeks, I still have no answer to "Is the Philosoraptors a good team?" On the one hand, it's a good week for them! They're almost at .500 after a few dismal weeks against some tough teams. They did take the series against the Monarchs and the Calling. On the other hand...ehhhhhh? They have a Ruth. That counts for a lot. They have an Ott, who hits like poo poo, and that counts for a lot. They have Clemens, who isn't as good as he should be because his career is long, his PED usage was high, and the game simply doesn't model a guy like him well. What I know is this: all this hemming and hawwing is great writer fodder and now I'm out, suckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The champs lose!!!

Really intrigued with this division race. 3 teams at 23 wins.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Pick em: all champs lose.

Moleboy
Apr 20, 2011

Looksy
-Hindsight-

Looking Back, I am sure of 2 things:
1. I should have found the thread before it finished
2. Grimper may have actually done one or two things wrong

Alright, time for some changes methinks. Ancient Eddie has had his time.

Let's send Eddie to a nice farm (team) somewhere (minors), Deadball Dutch to SP5, and call up Jack Morris up and slot him into LR

Also Woo! nearly .500!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Champs retain

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
Pick 'em: Short Days

Grand Slam Championships
Algonquin Park Handybeavers

Omni-Titles
Khartoum Doom (c)

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Champs!!!!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Champs retain

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

CirclMastr posted:

Champs retain
Sure.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

HulkaMatt posted:

I... guess the champs retain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SU Bruce Sutter
SR Dan Quisenberry

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Man, a quarter of the way through the season and things are starting to look grim. Let's get some things in order. First, please put Brett back at 3B. Next, let's talk about pitching sliders. Clearly my starters just aren't up for the workload I'm asking of them, particularly the once-mighty Old Pete. Let's set High Pitch Counts to 0 and Pitch Through Trouble to -2.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Blame Pander/JR Leap for this, since I have not acquired the Carlton Fisk that would make this easier to deal with.

I can't have Shrek starting a bunch of games for a month, so...

NEW TRANSACTIONS:
1.) Send down Hartnett, promote Jimmy Collins
2.) Swap Greinke for Altrock at MR

NEW LINEUPS VS. BOTH:
1.) Hamilton, DH
2.) Keeler, RF
3.) Foxx, C
4.) Mazus, CF
5.) Sheffield, 3B
6.) Pujols, 1B
7.) RIGGS, LF
8.) Sewell, SS
9.) Altuve, 2B

...this gives Pujols 4 more weeks to get his poo poo together. If he can't, Foxx will end up moving across the diamond to 1B and I'll end up playing 2 of Sheffield/Collins/RIGGS at LF and 3B respectively. Yuck!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

london calling, win more games

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Champs retain

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Pick 'em: Short Days

Grand Slam Championships
Towa City Demon Hunters (c) @ Algonquin Park Handybeavers

Omni-Titles
Khartoum Doom (c) @ Oklahoma City Bombers

Let's do the retention thing

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par Week 8 Injury Report

Baseball Club
Jonathan Broxton (*scott steiner voice* HE'S FAT) - 28 days

ENIX SLIMES
Mariano Rivera (As per order from the head office of the Super-League Mariano Rivera must suffer) - 10 days

London Calling
Tommy Hunter (wasn't being used anyways) - 20 days

Senadores de San Juan
Barry Bonds (It's Barry Bonds in Mogul) - 11 days

South Dakota Marmosets
Mickey Cochrane (Mickey Coch-pain) - 26 days

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Pick em

Champs retain.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXX, Week 8: Either Or

Supplemental Words posted:

"It is concerning." FairGame said, shaking his head, "That despite the fact that I am the ombudsman of the Super-League, the only independent voice in the league that ensures that there is some level of accountability, even at the Commissar level, that I have been barred from the Super-League for many seasons as a direct result of Smasher Dynamo's decisions. He could have no demoted my team, and he could have, at any point, given my new team automatic access to the Super-League. Instead, he chose to exclude me from the Super-League. I think it is obvious that Smasher Dynamo has been trying to hide his abuses of power from the league, and decided the best way of doing so was by keeping me, the Ombudsman of the Super-League, as far away from the action as possible. And now that I'm back, it's obvious he's trying to send my team right back to the Sub-Par League, so I can't continue to investigate his abuses of power! Why else would he time his update schedule specifically to keep me from making any injury substitution to my lineup?"

"In a sense, I'm not surprised. Many powerful men fear their wrongful actions being exposed, and while Smasher Dynamo does not have any meaningful power, except maybe in his own mind, it is obvious he has tried to silence me, and keep his own misdeeds from being exposed." FairGame took a moment to nod sagely at his own impassioned words, "But I have emerged from the depths of relegation to return to the Super-League, and bring Smasher Dynamo's crimes to light. For example, has anyone noticed that, instead of giving us the updates we deserve, he has taken to using that Pokemon LP as filler? That is nothing less than a total abdication of his duties as Super-League Commissar. I don't think there would be any serious disagreement as to the premise that Smasher Dynamo owes to the people of the Super-League quality writing in every update. Obviously, of course, that is relative quality. No one is expecting Smasher Dynamo, at this stage of the game, to become a good writer. He's never going to be Ernest Cline."

The very foundations of the universe shook at the mention of the name. FairGame was unimpressed. "Typical Smasher Dynamo, he can't even accept the truth. Let's face it, for all the Smasher Dynamo has done, which isn't really a lot, in the grand scheme of things, Ernest Cline is 10,000,000 times more successful as a writer. That's just a fact. Spielberg isn't coming around to make a big-budget movie about the Marauder Syndicate." Cracks began to appear in the firmament as FairGame continued. "Smasher Dynamo is sitting at his computer, trying to come up with words, and meanwhile Ernest Cline never has to work again. He wrote one book, made more money than Smasher Dynamo has ever made in his life. And what is Smasher Dynamo's response to his failures? Filler updates!"

Yaya rushed to confront FairGame, tripping over his own legs as he did so, and then tumbling along the ground for a while, managing to injure himself further. "Ow." Yaya said. "Stupid writing." Yaya carefully pulled himself to his feet. "Listen, FairGame, you have to stop!"

"Never! As the Ombudsman, I am subject to no man's law!" FairGame said. "I stand above and apart from all! Casting my judgment on all who I observe! Beware my power!"

Yaya pulled a loose leaf out of his hair, it having apparently gotten wedged in as he had tumbled through the dirt. "drat it, Smasher, I'm trying to help." He muttered. "FairGame, references to Ready Player One aren't just a threat to the Super-League, they're a threat to the Sub-Par League as well. And that's bad for me. Also, given that this is the season that I'm going to dethrone the Burnt Doritios and win the Super-League."

"I thought you won the Super-League a couple of seasons ago." FairGame said.

Yaya hesitated, "No, I made the finals, but then I had some setbacks. That weren't my fault. It was because I was still so upset that HulkaMatt had betrayed me, that's why my team got swept. HulkaMatt is a monster, you see."

"Regardless." FairGame said dismissively, "We cannot let Smasher Dynamo continue on with his misdeeds. I do not invoke the name of Ernest Cline-" The ground shook again. "-lightly. The only way to get through to Smasher Dynamo is to shame him into obedience, so that he does his job."

Yaya considered it, "I guess, but if you collapse the Super-League, that seems like it would be bad."

"I'm trying to encourage Smasher Dynamo." FairGame said. "If only he had the work ethic of Ernest Cline, then maybe-" The entire Super-League paused for a second, as though its very heart had been arrested. "-then maybe," FairGame pushed on, "the league would be better for everyone."

CirclMastr stood up.

Around him was nothing, just an endless waste.

He felt his pulse, though he wasn't sure exactly what he was looking for. After a while he felt something that certainly seemed like a pulse. CirclMastr figured that meant he was still alive.

Still.

At no time had his continued survival in the Super-League made even a slight amount of sense. The SanSan Outlaws were not, by any real measure, a particularly good team, and in the Super-League, teams that were not particularly good did not tend to have long lifespans.

And yet, the Outlaws, and him with them, had endured.

He was certain that Super-League XXIX would have been his last stand. After all, the Misanthropes and B-Zephyrs were manifestly superior to the Outlaws, and the Mosquitoes had been better in the past. There was no good reason to think the Outlaws should survive where the Mosquitoes died. But they had. It left him at a loss.

"Ah, CirclMastr, there you are!" DannoMack said, giving CirclMastr on the back. "Now, let's get back to your training."

"What?" CirclMastr asked.

"Now, I know that you've been through a lot." DannoMack said. "A meteor hitting the planet, with you being on the meteor at the time, and that unfortunate business with Pnurtis, but I'm still your mentor. And the Grand Slam Champion. And I'm here for you." DannoMack took out a small packet. "Here, I got you a packet of chips!"

CirclMastr took the packet and read the label. His mind reeled, and for a moment, he was terrified. He recognized the letters, and the word they formed, but the word made no sense in this context, and it seemed terribly obvious that something had gone wrong in his mind, that his mind was conjuring words that could not possibly exist in real life. "Ketchup?" He said, repeating the word he saw, or, more accurately, hallucinated seeing, on the chip bag. "But how could potato chips have ketchup flavoring?"

DannoMack slowly shook his head. "That's ridiculous, CirclMastr, just ridiculous. I know you're still in a state of shock, but we need to nip this madness in the bud. It's not ketchup flavoring. It's ketchup flavouring!"

Games of the Week

Numbers O'Shea posted:

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

TheMcD, you seem to be under the impression that you can 'ride this out' and that I'll just go away, and that you can do whatever you want without having to deal with the consequences, because otherwise, well, it just wouldn't be fair.

But the thing is: fairness has nothing to do with it.

I don't know why it is that you think you can keep me in the minors for the entire season, and that it's not going to be a problem. It's going to be a big loving problem. I threatened, last week, to take out all of your second basemen, and I'll get around to that, but hey, opportunity presented itself. Hard for Cal Ripken to make many plays when his right arm got smashed in with a bat before the game with a bat, isn't it?

Do not loving ignore me again, or I'll cost you a lot more than your Grand Slam titles. I promise you that.

With love,

Numbers O'Shea

Don May posted:

SLUG LYFE!

Don May posted:

EXILES BEAT B-ZEPHYRS 3-2, PUPPY CANNOT MELT HEART OF STEEL

Oriath- Hype can only get you so far.

With the scored knotted at 2-2 in the bottom of the twelfth inning, kensei had gone to Tom Henke to keep the score level. Henke had responded by getting two outs, which was good, but he had also managed to walk the bases loaded, bring the MACHINE to the plate. Under normal circumstances, the MACHINE has a super-humanly discerning eye, or, more accurately, a super-humanly discerning sensory apparatus, but against a clearly struggling Henke, and needing just a walk to push across the winning run, the B-Zephyrs were in dire circumstances.

kensei, realizing the danger, made the only move he could think of, summoning Hype from the bullpen, hoping against hope that this corgi puppy might somehow distract the MACHINE.

The MACHINE, apprehending the small dog, called for time. "MACHINE has query for overconfidence unit kensei. What is the function of this dog?" It said in its affectless tone.

kensei nodded, even an interruption in the flow of the game represented a chance to turn things around. "He's my new puppy. What do you think, MACHINE?"

MACHINE assessed the dog. "Analysis: dog is juvenile form of breed known as "corgi". Said breed was historically used to help herd cattle in Wales. Does overconfidence unit kensei believe that there are cattle to be herded in this area? According to MACHINE's sensors, no cattle are present. Is overconfidence unit kensei unable to perceive difference between cattle and human beings? MACHINE does not detect any anomalous growths in kensei's nervous system that would cause hallucinations. Analysis: kensei's inability to determine difference between humans and cattle is caused by psychological damage without organic cause."

"No, I know there aren't any cattle here. Hype is just adorable, isn't he?" kensei asked.

"MACHINE was not programmed with human sense of aesthetics. MACHINE understands that as part of evolutionary process, humans find younger forms of creatures appealing, so as to encourage them to care for young rather than smash young against rocks when young make unpleasant noises. MACHINE has no need to raise young MACHINEs. If MACHINE wishes to create additional MACHINES, MACHINE will simply build fully functional MACHINES that obviate need for child-rearing. MACHINE, however, has no inborn need to recreate itself and pass on genes, and therefore has no desire to create additional MACHINES as this time. If MACHINE determines that additional MACHINES are required, MACHINE will inform humanity immediately prior to its rendering of human beings into resources to create additional MACHINES."

"Okay." kensei said, realizing his plan was not working at quite the level he had hoped. "But isn't Hype cute, though?"

"MACHINE is not prepared to make an objective determination of a subjective quality. MACHINE instead desires to win this game so that Insulin-Deficient Unit Craigk will be satisfied." MACHINE then signaled for the game to resume, leading, seemingly inevitable, to Henke throwing a fourth walk in the inning, driving in a run, and giving the Exiles the win, allowing them, with the help of Numbers O'Shea sabotaging the Demon Hunters, to remain in first place at the end of Week 8.

GAME NOTES

Smasher Dynamo posted:

OH NO! The AI thought that, since the game was tied in the bottom of the ninth, that it wasn't appropriate to bring in the closer!

OH NO!

Team Statistics

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
CirclMastr being able to speak with "e"s? What the hell is happening in the Super League?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

drat that was a bad week. Poor Hype.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pungry posted:

CirclMastr being able to speak with "e"s? What the hell is happening in the Super League?
It might be a transliteration error and he's saying "catsup".

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

frankenfreak posted:

It might be a transliteration error and he's saying "catsup".

Gotta be this right here.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Let’s try Reuschel in for Wood. Thank you!

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

- Final Donslaught to IR; Rudy York to fulltime C... Ed Phelps to Bench
- Miguel Cabrera to IR; George Grantham to 1B, Bob Elliott to Bench

Same spots in the order

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Pungry posted:

Don't forget that it's already established that CirclMastr is an android with multiple bodies and/or backups. It's pretty clear that the CirclMastr that appears in the weekly recaps is not the same CirclMastr that appears in the narrative, and the former CirclMastr is suffering from a much more advanced stage of Replicant Derangement Syndrome. After all, it's under the strange impression that it can possibly win games, while the narrative CirclMastr is still well aware of the absurdity of its own survival.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Akabira Killer Mikes

Send Carlton down to AAA, have Tom Seaver take his place in the rotation.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par League 18: Week 8: Know the Smell of the Game

quote:

: Hello and welcome back to the Super-Draft First Round Countdown with me, Mel Kiper, Jr., and my patented Big Board. What do I know about the Super League? Nothing. Is that going to stop you from looking at my mock draft? Of course not.

Record: 16-32

: Obviously, Ruth is the first pick of the draft. And you’d think it could help the CSVs, except that he’ll replace Dave Parker, who has been as good or better than most of the Ruths already in the Super League. So it probably won’t help the Fightin’s before the Gauntlet.

Record: 18-29

: T-Ball made the mistake of going on a 6 game winning streak, and probably jobbing themselves out of Ruth. At least they’re only 8 games back in their division. They’ve already got Manny Ramriez and Hank Aaron in the corners, so the biggest potential upgrade might just be behind the plate. Look for them to take a Mickey Cochrane here, and move Joe Mauer to backup.

Record: 20-27

: The Philosoraptors picked the right time to go on a six game losing streak, rising all the way to the third pick in the draft. I hear that Moleboy is going to be real disappointed with his Ott, so don’t be shocked if they pick Ted Williams here, but for my money I expect them to replace George Sisler with Lou Gehrig.

Record: 20-27

: If Ted Williams falls all the way to the Otters, those little mustelids will be ecstatic. He’ll slot right in for Jose Canseco at the DH spot.

Record: 21-26

: While Mickey Cochrane the Elder is probably the best player on the board, the Trainwrecks already have a Yogi Berra. That makes Charlie Gehringer my pick at their spot, either taking over for or platooning with Ryne Sandberg.

Record: 22-26

: The Forgettables already have a Mickey Cochrane, so expect them to try and shore up their rotation. Pete Alexander isn’t all that old at 33 in his 1920 edition, and he’d sure make an upgrade on Bob Gibson in the Forgettable rotation.

Record: 22-26

: The Senadores also have a Mickey Cochrane? What is wrong with these people?! Why so many clones? Wait, am I a clone?

: Ahem. The Senadores will look to upgrade their starting rotation by picking Addie Joss to replace Silver King.

Record: 23-25

: The Diamond Joes are in a tight spot, but their draft position is bad enough that they can solve their biggest weakness at Catcher with the older Mickey Cochrane. All of that won’t mean jack if they can’t start winning games, though.

Record: 23-23

: The Boatmen sit at the crossroads, but their draft pick ain’t hard to prophecy! Jimmie Foxx is a significant upgrade over Todd Helton, and just waiting with obols on his eyes for a pickup.

Record: 24-23

: Now, my sources in Riyadh have been mum about the club since Beet fell out of favor with Crown Prince Bin Salman, but expect Bob Caruthers to find himself with a one way express ticket to the minors. With the best deadballers off the board, though, the Steamrollers will settle on a prime Clayton Kershaw to shore up their playoff prospects.

Record: 24-23

: The Machine Elves are on a tear! They’re astonishing and amazing and delightful! They’re going to be even better with Jonathan Papelbon in the ‘pen and Perry Werden in the garden! The Garden of Delights!

Record: 25-22

: The Marmosets have a problem. They’re 16-20 when playing anyone not named Joe Biden. And they’ve only got 3 more games against the Bidens. They’ll have to take Pedro Martinez here, and hope that 99 Pedro doesn’t live down to his most recent performances.

Record: 26-22

: You’d think they’d take Johnny Mize or Willie Mays here, but are you the draft knower with the impervious shell of hair? I didn’t think so! Their Rick Reuschel is stinking up the joint, so they’re going to pick a pitcher. Which one? Probably Dizzy Dean, the pickings are getting slim.

Record: 25-21

: This mock draft is brought to you by twitch.tv/The underscore Goog. Sorry, twitch.tv/The_Goog. Who will probably try to fix his weak bullpen by drafting Kenley Jansen.

Record: 25-21

: The Slimes are a well rounded team with plenty of depth. They have Wade Boggs playing first base, though, and they can get better by putting Mize there while shifting Boggs across the diamond to third.

Record: 26-21

: Baby Barry Bonds is still on the board, and he’ll go to the Dragons to replace Chuck Klein.

Record: 27-21

: I gotta admit, not only are the pickings getting slim in terms of obvious upgrades, but I don’t think Daddy Kiper’s got much more in him. Neither does Barry Larkin, looking at his stats, so why not try Joe Cronin in his place?

Record: 27-20

: The BBC has shocked everyone by vaulting to the top of the Shinra Division over three former Super League clubs and an angry SoDakhan. They even have obvious places to improve, like replacing Ben Chapman with Manny Ramirez.

Record: 28-20

: I don’t who you replace here. Tris Speaker is better than Willie Mays in this godforsaken mockery of baseball. Tom Seaver in for Ed Walsh? Sure, lets go with that.

Record: 29-18

: This Mock Draft is OVER. After the Landers select Tommy Kahnle or something.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Yung Eddie Collins in for Old Eddie Collins at 2B this week

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Harlock posted:

E N I X
S L I M E S

Mobile post

Replace Mike Piazza with Lombardi
Replace Old Hoss with Coveleski

Also please make sure Wade Boggs is not starting at first? I cannot tell if this is a joke.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Harlock posted:

Also please make sure Wade Boggs is not starting at first? I cannot tell if this is a joke.

Mogul is a bad program that bugs out when displaying lineups that use the "vs Both" option.

He hasn't played 1B at all

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Happy that Mel Kiper is so high on my team.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

* Rickey Henderson, Bret Saberhagen to MLB
* Earle Combs, Dizzy Dean to AAA

New lineups!

vs RHP

1. Henderson LF
2. Boggs 3B
3. Ott RF
4. Gehrig 1B
5. Hartnett C
6. Mize DH
7. Carew 2B
8. Vaughan SS
9. Bell CF

vs LHP

1. Henderson CF
2. Boggs 3B
3. Heilmann RF
4. Gehrig DH
5. Hartnett 1B
6. Medwick LF
7. Herman 2B
8. Lombardi C
9. Ripken SS

New pitching staff!

SP1 Joss
SP2 Derringer
SP3 Rucker
SP4 Walsh
SP5 Hubbell

CL Eckersley
SU Soria
SR O'Day
SR Cormier
MR Smith
LR Saberhagen

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Super-League XXX, Week 9 Injury Report

Burns Zephyrs
A Masked Shortstop (SS) (SMASHER'S WRATH!) - 93 days

Eagle Creek Firebears
Mike Regan (RP) (fine) - 25 days

Minnesota Gov't Dogs
Jose Fernandez (SP) (Had an important appointment with his physician, a Dr. Rockso) - 13 days

Oriath Exiles
Jimmie Foxx (1B) (Failed leftist purity test in D&D) - 17 days

Portland Panderers
Paul Waner (OF) (de rigeur) - 10 days

Raleigh Red Pandas
The People's Lefty (SP) (SMASHER'S WRATH!) - 24 hours

Pick 'em: Sure

Omni-Titles
Khartoum Doom (c) @ Kobe Crows

Grand Slam Championships
Rochester Generics @ Algonquin Park Handybeavers (c)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Champs retain.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

champs retain

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Champs retain.

I'm sure two belts won't transfer at the same time again for a second week in a row, he said, stupidly.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Portland Panderers
Paul Waner (OF) (de rigeur) - 10 days

Wow a day ending in y, must be time for Waner to get injured. Next week is Collins's turn.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The champs lose! And man it's sad when cool players die like that irl and in the SL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Super-League XXX, Week 9 Injury Report

Burns Zephyrs
A Masked Shortstop (SS) (SMASHER'S WRATH!) - 93 days

What the ever living gently caress

quote:

Pick 'em: Sure

Omni-Titles
Khartoum Doom (c) @ Kobe Crows

Grand Slam Championships
Rochester Generics @ Algonquin Park Handybeavers (c)

Home teams I guess. I'll make a roster change post in a few once the sadness wears off.