Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
poo poo, I used to work for a watchdog group focused on the quiet power that OMB has, and I still don't really give a poo poo who the director is.

Like every federal agency, as long as its someone not actively taking s hammer to it, the machinery will run like it always does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Meshka posted:

A total of five people outside of DC give a poo poo on who the OMB director is.

I’d kinda prefer that Biden not nominate people for management positions that have punched subordinates in other jobs.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

In news that should surprise no one, the UK is looking to OPEN ER UP now they are down to 9000 cases a day.
Starting with schools on the 8th of March.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-56149494

Now taking bets on next lockdown for the UK.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hobbesmaster posted:

I’d kinda prefer that Biden not nominate people for management positions that have punched subordinates in other jobs.

I still don't really know why Neera got the nomination. Always figured it was some kind of appeasement of Hillaryites or some dumb poo poo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I still don't really know why Neera got the nomination. Always figured it was some kind of appeasement of Hillaryites or some dumb poo poo.

That’d be my guess, like Hillary handed over a list of people whose “turn” it is to have administration positions.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nasapersevere/status/1363929492138254340?s=21

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

The democratic party is a jobs program for the consultant class.

E:I suspected that she was nominated for purposes of getting shot down, to take all the heat, but if they are going to the mat for her, it's got to be about solidarity. She took the right money, destroyed a union and punched left so she deserves a reward.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Best Friends posted:

The democratic party is a jobs program for the consultant class.

E:I suspected that she was nominated for purposes of getting shot down, to take all the heat, but if they are going to the mat for her, it's got to be about solidarity. She took the right money, destroyed a union and punched left so she deserves a reward.

There were stories of Biden people being legitimately confused that “the left” was furious about her nomination. I’m not sure if they actually perceived her as punching left.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The beat down of Logan Paul by Floyd Mayweather scheduled or February 20 was rescheduled.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Midjack posted:

The beat down of Logan Paul by Floyd Mayweather scheduled or February 20 was rescheduled.

:psypop:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Floyd is 100% about money so they probably couldn’t generate enough interest.

The only fight in that article I miiiiight be interested is Floyd v 50 Cent.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm torn, because while I generally avoid all content and news involving the Paul brothers and similar types, I always long for the embarrassment of Ben Askren.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Star NHL forward Artemi Panarin is accused of beating up a girl in a bar when he was 18:

https://twitter.com/emilymkaplan/status/1363893122762223619

It should be noted that, even though it's possible he did A Really Bad Thing when he was 18, said star NHL forward is a vocal critic of Vladimir Putin and recently came out with pro-Nazalny statements and the source is a former coach who's a vehement Putin loyalist, so it's probably :ussr: gon :ussr:.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Meshka posted:

A total of five people outside of DC give a poo poo on who the OMB director is.

While that may be true, it’s pretty funny to see how both the left and right hate her, and the only ones enthusiastic about her nomination are the Lanyard-class of centrist Dems who think she’s a progressive.

Anecdotally speaking, I’ve heard from a few people I trust (who don’t know each other) that she’s abrasive, a bad boss and has repeatedly called and threatened journalists when they’ve run unflattering stories about her and didn’t “clarify their remarks.”

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

They thought she was a consolation prize for the Bernie wing.

Seriously.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

They thought she was a consolation prize for the Bernie wing.

Seriously.

wait really? I've gotta see a source for this. I can't believe they're that tone deaf and out of touch, but hey centrist establishment is going to establishment.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

pantslesswithwolves posted:

While that may be true, it’s pretty funny to see how both the left and right hate her, and the only ones enthusiastic about her nomination are the Lanyard-class of centrist Dems who think she’s a progressive.

Anecdotally speaking, I’ve heard from a few people I trust (who don’t know each other) that she’s abrasive, a bad boss and has repeatedly called and threatened journalists when they’ve run unflattering stories about her and didn’t “clarify their remarks.”

I think it is just a waste of time and energy to fight for the nomination, especially publicly. She is a political consultant, not a nobel nominated economist, they could replace the nomination and no one would notice. It is just that their priorities are weird.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I honestly don't even see them fighting that hard for her nomination, like there's been a handful of statements of "we're confident she will be confirmed" but it's not like there's been some full-court press of bringing swing votes to the White House or anything.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
It's looking more and more like AOC is angling for control of the Democratic party, probably because she's as sick of their namby pamby bullshit as everyone else is

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Coasterphreak posted:

It's looking more and more like AOC is angling for control of the Democratic party, probably because she's as sick of their namby pamby bullshit as everyone else is

The Fox News outrage will be hilarious.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
And I hope she primaries Schumer

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Coasterphreak posted:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh look, it's noted piece of poo poo Ken Paxton
https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/status/1363960408655167489?s=19

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Coasterphreak posted:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
And I will donate $100 to her campaign if she primaries Schumer.

Edit: and phone bank for her.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

stealie72 posted:

And I will donate $100 to her campaign if she primaries Schumer.

same

imma toxx this

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Running from the cold, or from all the investigations he’s under?

It’s both, isn’t it?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Coasterphreak posted:

:yeah:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/acosta/status/1363927173489393668?s=21

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Fixed it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Daft Punk is retired.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

prosecution by my posting enemies.txt

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

theyve been at it since '93

one of my favorites but yeah they're good. they can can call it.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

orange juche posted:

prosecution by my posting enemies.txt

just remember: he's only banned for 1461 days

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/ClenchedFisk/status/1363982911117099011?s=19

CPAC is CPACing again.

https://twitter.com/zackbeauchamp/status/1363981884531892227?s=19

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1363986407602053120?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 23, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Coasterphreak posted:

just remember: he's only banned for 1461 days

Lol for real?

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

So this dude is a Hotep right?

That's a fun rabbit hole to dive down

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Epiphyte posted:

So this dude is a Hotep right?

That's a fun rabbit hole to dive down

A what now?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://www.theroot.com/hotep-explained-1790854506

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Ossoff/Warnock are why you're getting anything at all, but Gideon/Cunningham are why you're getting this:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1364007000351375361