Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Senerio posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar, Kingiest of the Ringiest #3, 2/20

Not as good as D-Von vs Vince, but still very good.

Nthing this, that was a lot of fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

nth

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Dango Bango posted:

WWE Elimination Chamber 2/21/21

Complete waste of time.

I am also nthing the Regins/Bryan match, but need to summarize the PPV.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the chamber matches were solid but neither outcome mattered

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Bloodsport 5, 2/21/21

HM: Jeff Cobb vs Tom Lawlor. Loved the end stretch here with Cobb hitting an amazing deadlift german suplex to turn the tide of the match

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. Holy poo poo. The wrestling was obviously terrific but the striking was absolutely brutal. Mox is a loving madman

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Edit: MOTYC: Rarity vs a cyborg mug, Something Awful Forums Punch Suplex (Tokyo Joshi) Pro, MOTYC Thread 2021, 2/22

Brutal squash, good lord

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 22, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: a cyborg mug vs. posting in the correct thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
20/2
Ice Ribbon #1100 RE:BORN 2021
Suzu Suzuki vs Yuko Miyamoto

This is borderline MOTYC quality but went with my gut. Suzu is 18 and coming off her first run as top champ in Ice Ribbon and apparently losing that belt has made her want to punish herself so here she is against a guy twice her age, one half of Yankee Two Kenju, BJW, FREEDOMS, DDT veteran. In a hardcore match. It's real good

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 22, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT This is our 9th Narimasu Party February 20th
MOTYC

HARASHIMA and Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno and MAO)
- Just a bunch of extremely talented wrestlers having an awesome match. It's matches like this that make me really like these six, just going out on a random show and making magic. A smidge below the Sakaguchi/Ueno match from last week, but still well worth the time to check out.

Signal boosting this because I think it's an awesome match and not a ton of people watch the smaller DDT shows. No idea how to link to a particular time on Bilibili, so the whole event is here with the match starting at 1:07:30. It's stuff like this that makes me love DDT. They didn't have to go so hard for this, it was a six man tag in front of 125 people setting up the show in Nagoya next week, but they worked their asses off for those fans.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20/2
FantastICE Title
Risa Sera (c) vs Itsuki Aoki

I don't think that Ice Ribbon have heard about the dangers of repeated concussions and CTE and all that. Very fun plunder match though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20/2
International Ribbon Tag Team Title
Rebel X Enemy (Maika Ozaki & Maya Yukihi) vs Joint Army (Cherry & Matsuya Uno)

This is a bit of a borderline case, match was very good but there was a lot of leg work and then a period of not even selling that which took me out of it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
20/2
ICE×∞ Title
Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Rina Yamashita

I think this is my match of the year to this point? Certainly right up there with Cobb Takagi & Ibushi White. The only times I wasn't on the edge of my seat I was just about to pushed back to the edge of my seat. Just absolutely loving stellar wrestling.

Whole show is great but the caveat is it's an iPPV & it's still available to buy for the next week here, & yeah, at 3,350 Yen it's not cheap but the whole show really is very good from start to the stellar finish.

Recently found out Tsukasa got her start at the same time as Hikaru Shida, they were both in an idol group (which also featured Miyako Matsumoto you may have seen have an insane match 13 months ago with Chris Brookes in Gake No Fuchi Puroresu) whose members were in a wrestling themed film, Three Count, & as part of it they all trained with Emi Sakura & Matsumoto, Fujimoto & Shida were the 3 to stick it out & they've all made a career out of it. Fujimoto is tremendous.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

nth

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Stardom Go To BUDOKAN! Valentine Special - Day 1 - Feb 13

HM - SWA Undisputed World Women's Title Match: Syuri (c) vs. AZM
Excellent bout by two great wrestlers. AZM once again proves that she can hang with the big guns and is still only 18.

MOTYC - Wonder Of Stardom Title Match: Giulia (c) vs. Starlight Kid
I went back and forth on this, it's a borderline case. Kid is not an opponent they could default to another Passion of the Giulia match with and everything after the Tombstone + Moonsault was absolutely on point, putting it over the line for me.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MOTYC:

Emi Sakura vs Yuka Sakazaki
Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

AEW Women's World Championship Tournament, 2/22

Turns out Shida knows how to book a tournament and the people she picked are really loving good at wrestling

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC - Aja Kong vs. Ryo Mizunami - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator tournament (2/22)

I think my first time nominating an AEW match but this owned

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

Turns out Shida knows how to book a tournament and the people she picked are really loving good at wrestling

honestly, nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

Yeah, nth.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

Nth to both.

I think the finish to Kong v Ryo was absolutely fantastic and extremely smart. What a phenomenal match that moved slow until it picked up and you could just FEEL the match.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

nth and i'll even toss in an HM

HM - Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Alaois posted:

I agree and will nth that HM

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
From tonight’s AEW women’s tourney:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong
Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose

All HMs.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

Good stuff that really showed off the contestant's strengths unlike the Japan side first round.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Alaois posted:

Nth on the HM.

Selling their asses off, deep psychology, great reactions, powerful moves.

Both of these competitors looked OUTSTANDING in this match.

It felt vicious and it was vicious.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong
Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose

All HMs.

yea big Nth, this whipped rear end

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong
Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose

All HMs.

This is where I'm at too. Nth to all of these as HMs.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

Nth

Alaois posted:

And this one too.

I loved Britt's heeling tonight but Madi looked green

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
20/2
ICE×∞ Title

I think this is my match of the year to this point? Certainly right up there with Cobb Takagi & Ibushi White. The only times I wasn't on the edge of my seat I was just about to pushed back to the edge of my seat. Just absolutely loving stellar wrestling.

Whole show is great but the caveat is it's an iPPV & it's still available to buy for the next week here, & yeah, at 3,350 Yen it's not cheap but the whole show really is very good from start to the stellar finish.

Recently found out Tsukasa got her start at the same time as Hikaru Shida, they were both in an idol group (which also featured Miyako Matsumoto you may have seen have an insane match 13 months ago with Chris Brookes in Gake No Fuchi Puroresu) whose members were in a wrestling themed film, Three Count, & as part of it they all trained with Emi Sakura & Matsumoto, Fujimoto & Shida were the 3 to stick it out & they've all made a career out of it. Fujimoto is tremendous.

Yes, second this. Tsukka is incredible, and possibly the best in the world right now. I'm starting to think Emi Sakura might be pretty good at training wrestlers.

I'll upload the match and post it once the PPV expires (or maybe before because realistically not many people are gonna drop $30 on an Ice Ribbon PPV based on a recommendation on the Internet)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Fujimoto was one of my favorite wrestlers a decade ago and never would I have thought she'd just decide to do nothing but MOTYC's in her late 30's, she's better than she's ever been.

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
20/2
ICE×∞ Title

Third here, and also Nth to

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd January
Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story
ICE×∞ Title
Suzu Suzuki (c) vs Tsukasa Fujimoto
If you're just getting into Joshi because of Stardom, AEW, or TJPW make sure to watch these matches. Fujimoto is on her way to being the best women's wrestler of 2021.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jordan7hm posted:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong
Tay Conti vs Nyla Rose

All HMs.

Adding my Nth to all three of these very good matches.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Nyla Rose vs. Tay Conti, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 22/02
MOTYC: Yuka Sakazaki vs. Emi Sakura, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 22/02
HM: Ryo Mizunami vs. Aja Kong, AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament, 22/02

Nyla/Tay could have hit MOTYC with another 5 mins but as it was it was still very good. I loved seeing Nyla go outside her normal style

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Nyla/Tay could have hit MOTYC with another 5 mins but as it was it was still very good. I loved seeing Nyla go outside her normal style

Nth to these. Nyla and Tay showed depth to both of their abilities and I want to see them fight again. Ryo vs Kong was the platonic ideal of a late career Kong match, and Yuka / Emi was an absolute joy.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Rarity posted:

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20th February
All Japan Excite Series 2021 Night 2
AJPW Junior Heavyweight Title
Koji Iwamoto vs CIMA

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Neodoomium posted:

Best Bros vs Emi/Veny is absolutely a MOTYC vote from me. Holy poo poo.

Nth-ed

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
HM
12th February
Pro Wrestling NOAH Destination 2021 ~ Back To Budokan
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title
Daisuke Harada vs Seiki Yoshioka

An excellent junior match.

WMOTYC
GHC Heavyweight Championship
Go Shiozaki vs Keiji Muto

A below average match dragged down by a horrible finish.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC:

Ryo Mizunami vs Aja Kong

AEW Women's World Championship Tournament, 2/22[/b]

Rarity posted:

nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

frankenfreak posted:

Stardom Go To BUDOKAN! Valentine Special - Day 1 - Feb 13

HM - SWA Undisputed World Women's Title Match: Syuri (c) vs. AZM
Excellent bout by two great wrestlers. AZM once again proves that she can hang with the big guns and is still only 18.

MOTYC - Wonder Of Stardom Title Match: Giulia (c) vs. Starlight Kid
I went back and forth on this, it's a borderline case. Kid is not an opponent they could default to another Passion of the Giulia match with and everything after the Tombstone + Moonsault was absolutely on point, putting it over the line for me.

I will second these matches.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Open the Truth Gate at KBS Hall, 2/23

HM: 4 on 3 Handicap Match - MASQUERADE (Shun Skywalker, Jason Lee, & La Estrella) vs R.E.D. (Eita, Kaito Ishida, SB KENTo, & KAZMA SAKAMOTO)
HM: Preliminary Tag Match for Twin Gate and Brave Gate - Masaaki Mochizuki, Takashi Yoshida, & Keisuke Okuda vs BxB Hulk, KAI, & H・Y・O

Really fun matches giving us previews of the title matches for Championship Gate coming up in March. Ishida looks so smooth, dude is ready to be a main eventer.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

nth