Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
The HW ALC quests reminded me of the Elder Scrolls for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What do you guys do for boss health bars? I have my target health bar just above my character's head, so its easier to see without looking away from the battlefield, but I find that creates a MASSIVE dead zone where I can't click ANYTHING. No ground targets, interferes with targeting specific enemies, can't move/turn when I click there... can you make a health bar non-interactible? I just want to see it, I don't ever want to actually click on it

edit: just figured out you can move individual elements of the target bar

A Moose fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 23, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm gonna have to set up some fish tanks just to see what some of these ugly motherfuckers look like up close. I just caught some hellbeast called the Shrieker

edit: ok
1) I was not expecting a loving graboid
2) this tank is LUDICROUSLY big

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 23, 2021

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Awesome! posted:

did anyone tell them that they can do qtes by spamming any buttons on their keyboard? a lot of people think they have to pound on their one mouse button which makes the SOS qte... quite a bit harder than when you are just playing piano on your keyboard

On PS4, the first time I saw the QTE prompt, I thought it was telling me to press a blank circular button. The only buttons that look like that, I thought, are L3/R3. I failed it.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

A Moose posted:

What do you guys do for boss health bars? I have my target health bar just above my character's head, so its easier to see without looking away from the battlefield, but I find that creates a MASSIVE dead zone where I can't click ANYTHING. No ground targets, interferes with targeting specific enemies, can't move/turn when I click there... can you make a health bar non-interactible? I just want to see it, I don't ever want to actually click on it

edit: just figured out you can move individual elements of the target bar

have you tried focus target (shift+f)?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I use focus target and have a similar issue. It leaves a dead zone in the middle of the screen (around the focus target ui element) I can't click anything around. I just live with it since I've been doing it for years.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I wish there was a way to designate an element as click-thru. I want to have a hotbar near the center of the screen with important cooldowns on it, but it's too annoying to make sure I don't click on it when I'm moving the camera around.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I understand why The Burn has a reputation now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my experience with it is that healers freaking love to die on mist dragon. im not sure why.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ours mixed it up a bit by letting the tank die first a few times

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i can't resist putting dia on every targetable thing in sight
even if said targetable thing is a dragon that will instagib me for damaging it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My favorite little thing on Mist Dragon is when melee players run all the way around the expanding orange circle to get to the adds, instead of just running straight through.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also the devs definitely drew a dick on the floor of E12:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i can't resist putting dia on every targetable thing in sight
even if said targetable thing is a dragon that will instagib me for damaging it

Last night I had 5 WHMs in my ADR. An add spawned and it immediately got clobbered with 4 aeros. At no point did it get any other status effects.

I've never been so proud of my green DPS brethren except for the one white mage who dropped the ball.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

end of phase 1 innocence when he is just standing there at 35% doing an occasional aoe. whole team is dead except for 1 paladin. the paladin can outheal the aoes and seems absolutely determined to solo 35% of that boss hp

i just alt-f4'd after a few minutes to go play a different game. gently caress that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a wildcard character in the in-game crafting recipe search (or the AH for that matter)? For example if I wanted to look up all Replica Allagan * of Aiming at once my current options are to look each up in turn or just search Replica Allagan and dig through all the classes.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Awesome! posted:

end of phase 1 innocence when he is just standing there at 35% doing an occasional aoe. whole team is dead except for 1 paladin. the paladin can outheal the aoes and seems absolutely determined to solo 35% of that boss hp

i just alt-f4'd after a few minutes to go play a different game. gently caress that.

I will never understand the big dick tank attitude of trying to solo a boss when a wipe is inevitable. All it does is waste everyone's time.

It's always a loving paladin too. I swear there's something about paladins that draw in the worst humans on the planet.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
You're not impressing anybody with your ability to cast clemency.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Renegret posted:

It's always a loving paladin too. I swear there's something about paladins that draw in the worst humans on the planet.

monks and bards are second and third place. most obnoxious paladins i know have monk as their other usual job

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Renegret posted:

I will never understand the big dick tank attitude of trying to solo a boss when a wipe is inevitable. All it does is waste everyone's time.

Yeah like if it's at 3%, go for it cabron, but don't try from 30%.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

That drill-tank thing that comes out of the wall in Ghimlyt(?) is absolutely soloable by a tank from 30% and I was glad to do it rather than try to get those sprouts through that thing legit.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

mistaya posted:

That drill-tank thing that comes out of the wall in Ghimlyt(?) is absolutely soloable by a tank from 30% and I was glad to do it rather than try to get those sprouts through that thing legit.

Honestly, there's a lot of things that a tank CAN solo from a surprisingly high amount of HP. Especially Paladins.

Doesn't mean they should.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Cleretic posted:

Honestly, there's a lot of things that a tank CAN solo from a surprisingly high amount of HP. Especially Paladins.

Doesn't mean they should.

I was on GNB! (That boss is a bit unique in that almost all of its damage is telegraphed/dodgeable and it's HP was going down fast enough that it was worth attempting.)

I think it's one of those risk/reward things. If you're going to take longer to solo it to death than the party coming back and killing it as a group then just suicide but if you can reasonably beat that time go for it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I solo'd the last boss in Arboretum hard from about 30% with GNB. That regen ability is no joke, and you have continuation at that level so it didn't take TOO long.

The rest of the group were first-timers and could not handle that fight, this was after wiping like three times.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Going "gently caress ya'll I'll do this myself" IS quite a power move

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Sure seein' a lot of people dead on the floor complaining about how someone else isn't as dead on the floor as they are, perhaps things would go faster, if they weren't dead on the floor, to begin with. More seriously, if there's no way to get people back up, and it's not within spitting distance to solo, it isn't worth it. Even if it's really tempting to look at the rest of the party and go "SEE? IT'S NOT THAT HARD!"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

You're not impressing anybody with your ability to cast clemency.

Wrong motherfucker

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only time I soloed a boss when it would have been far quicker to just die and start over was a Lagos where everyone died at 30% but me and just as I started thinking I should just die, the dead party members started cheering me on so I was like "gently caress it, I'll live the big drat hero fantasy".

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's definitely bosses where you can dodge everything they do other than their autos, which are extremely piddling, and a tank just totally solo them from 100%. Not so common anymore but in older dungeons.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I always cheer on the attempt when I see it

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Control Volume posted:

I understand why The Burn has a reputation now

I can't see The Burn without thinking about little sun.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Yeah, I’m a paladin main and I absolutely will solo a dungeon boss if it’s at like 15% or less. Sure it’s boring and takes forever, but a lot of times it’s faster than wiping, running back and the starting over.

If it’s at like 30% or more? Lol nah, I’ll just wipe. I’ll just wipe on raid bosses too unless they’re at the very last tiny bit of their health and maybe hallowed ground can see me through.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

If the rest of the party didn't want to see you do the last 20% of the boss by yourself then they shouldn't have died

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I always think it's fun when the tank finishes a boss solo. More often than not the rest of the duty will be cheering them on from the sidelines and only complains if it's clearly impossible to win the fight or it'll take all day.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

If someone wants to try to solo I'll teleport, wait outside the boss arena and cheer like it's some kind of fight club

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Renegret posted:

Last night I had 5 WHMs in my ADR. An add spawned and it immediately got clobbered with 4 aeros. At no point did it get any other status effects.

I've never been so proud of my green DPS brethren except for the one white mage who dropped the ball.

I just assume any WHM that can't keep aero rolling breathes out of their mouth, especially when you get Dia.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

vyst posted:

I just assume any WHM that can't keep aero rolling breathes out of their mouth, especially when you get Dia.

Symcing down to Aero is both the best (so many weave/movement windows) and the worst (you don't actually have much to weave and keep forgetting to refresh Aero on time because you're used to 30 seconds of Dia)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vyst posted:

i hate the disabled too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Skeletome posted:

If someone wants to try to solo I'll teleport, wait outside the boss arena and cheer like it's some kind of fight club
This is also the correct way to do "The Hunt for Red Choctober"