Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
She eventually manages the awkward harmony/truce with the human shell so classic of all the Solomons as the series progresses, coming to utilize her wiles to enjoy life as a female.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Of 139 episodes of the series, 108 contained "Dick" in the title (in reference to John Lithgow's character). While some of the episode titles with "Dick" in them are innocent (i.e., "Tom, Dick and Mary", "Dick Is From Mars, Sally Is From Venus"), others are more risque and often are double entendres (i.e., "Sensitive Dick", "A Dick Replacement", "Frozen Dick", "Shall We Dick"), because the word "Dick" is both a short form of Richard and a slang term for penis. One episode from season six used an abbreviation for a title, "B.D.O.C.", since the full title ("Big Dick on Campus") was deemed too risque.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I have been ruthlessly attacked.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
there is nothing more vile in all the world than a dril tweet with a Free image of jack nicholson next to it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
In a 2014 interview with NBC News, Seinfeld made statements suggesting that he believed he was on the autism spectrum.[80] However, he later clarified that he is not autistic and had been commenting on a play about the condition that he "related to [...] on some level."[81][82]

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
near the end of the war the nazis tried building a jet plane that ran on coal

quote:

The Lippisch P.12, P.13a and P.13b were related design projects for a ramjet-powered delta wing interceptor aircraft studied in 1944 by German designer Alexander Lippisch. The P.12 and P.13a were unarmed, relying on reinforced wings to ram its opponent. The P.13a and b were to be powered by powdered coal.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

ah yes, the only thing more tedious than a space spreadsheet simulator: updating the wiki article about a space spreadsheet simulator.

how is that even a proper standalone article on wikipedia dot org? don't they have policies against that kinda poo poo to stop weebs and dorks from turning the entire site into a repository of trivial anime/video game minutiae? at most it should be a paragraph on the eve online article or maybe some sub-article about dinguses in eve.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

ah yes, the only thing more tedious than a space spreadsheet simulator: updating the wiki article about a space spreadsheet simulator.

how is that even a proper standalone article on wikipedia dot org? don't they have policies against that kinda poo poo to stop weebs and dorks from turning the entire site into a repository of trivial anime/video game minutiae? at most it should be a paragraph on the eve online article or maybe some sub-article about dinguses in eve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

The sane people tried getting rid of it in 2014. Since then, the article's been expanded with content from actual published books from academic presses.

Milik, Oskar (2016). "The Digital Grind: Time and Labor as Resources of War in EVE Online". In Carter, Marcus; Bergstrom, Kelly; Woodford, Darryl (eds.). Internet Spaceships Are Serious Business: An EVE Online Reader. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press. p. 114. ISBN 978-1-4529-5029-7.

Fandino, Daniel (2018). "Remembering Fictional History and Virtual War in EVE Online". In McDaniel, Kathryn N. (ed.). Virtual Dark Tourism: Ghost Roads. Palgrave Studies in Cultural Heritage and Conflict. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave MacMillan. pp. 294–295. ISBN 978-3-319-74687-6.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

just remembered that i wrote an article for a gaming website in 2007 about one of the first ponzi scams in eve. turns out non of us are free from sin

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

> Source: Own Work

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The following Python example monkey-patches the value of Pi from the standard Python math library to make it compliant with the Indiana Pi Bill.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"Get that powerful public toilet smell in your very own home!"

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

quote:

The song is used as the title music for FIFA: Road to World Cup 98, is included on Just Dance 2 as a DLC song, it's a playable song in Just Dance Summer Party and on Lego Rock Band, and is included in the main setlist of Guitar Hero 5.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The movie opens with a young lady cutting onions, expressing the influences of emotions and cooking.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

near the end of the war the nazis tried building a jet plane that ran on coal

everyone's tried that at some point, one of the early designs for the sr71's engines were based on it too (or rather on coal slurry, powdered coal in water) - on paper it has a lot going for it, it's as energy-dense as diesel or kerosene but easier to produce and handle and generally only burns *exactly* when you want it to, but in practice impurities in the coal produce enough ash that it just sandblasts your turbine blades to death.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency warns consumers not to use radioactive glazed ceramics for food or drink use.[13]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

prefect posted:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency warns consumers not to use radioactive glazed ceramics for food or drink use.[13]

aw shoot

guess ill have to clean out my kitchen

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

prefect posted:

Good ol' Fiestaware.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The manga is informally known as "177013" after its page number on the site nHentai.[1]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

prefect posted:

that’s because it neutralises vaccines and interferes with 5g indoctrination. wake up sheeple, never eat chicken when your geiger counter ain’t ticking

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The manga is informally known as "177013" after its page number on the site nHentai.[1]

Notably, on 24 November 2018, an unknown artist created and published a short alternative "happy ending" dubbed "I'm Gonna Fix That Girl" featuring a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure crossover in which the characters Josuke Higashikata and Okuyasu Nijimura come across Saki before her suicide and Josuke saves her life with his magic powers.[1]

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

has someone already made this joke

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Many media outlets identify Dril, a Weird Twitter account, as pioneering the trope online.[1][3][5] Dril is noted for making posts relating various things his fictional wife does that make him seem pathetic, like withholding his inhaler or keeping him from purchasing a harp.[1]

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

The Declining Nobles in the Late Qing Dynasty : During the 200 years of Qing government rule, nobles(Eight Banners) enjoyed privileges.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:0_people

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why aren't you helping?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Unusually_shaped_carrots

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Acting career

In 2002, Petey Pablo appeared as himself in the film Drumline where he performs "Club Banger", "You Can Find Me", "Raise Up", and "I Told Y'All".[17] Pablo had a small guest appearance in ""A Thousand Deaths" (The Shield)", a 2005 episode of The Shield.[18] In 2009, Petey Pablo appeared in the film Just Another Day where he played a character named B-Bone. On September 23, 2015 Petey played Clyde in the episode "Without a Country" on the hit show Empire, in which his character performed "Snitch Bitch" with Lucious Lyon (played by Terrence Howard) behind bars.[19]

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Malta is also occasionally called "champagne cola" by some brands. However, there is a separate type of drink with this name, having the flavor of bubble gum. Despite this appellation, neither drink is a champagne or a cola.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Victory Position posted:

Malta is also occasionally called "champagne cola" by some brands. However, there is a separate type of drink with this name, having the flavor of bubble gum. Despite this appellation, neither drink is a champagne or a cola.

The name may have come from the cereal's resemblance to grape seeds, or from its nutty flavor; C. W. Post may also have intended it to refer to its content of glucose, also known as grape sugar.[15]

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Truck nuts, also called truck nutz, are vehicular vanity accessories resembling a dangling scrotum.[1]

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
This is convenient for a quiz I'm doing, but still- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_starting_quarterbacks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
It is generally considered aesthetically unappealing due to its abnormal facial features, which bear little resemblance to Forrest himself, and more resemble a screaming deformed man.[1][2]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In his Liber Gomorrhianus, Damian accused Benedict IX of routine sodomy and bestiality and sponsoring orgies.[58][verification needed]

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

there's not a single pope who wasn't accused of that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Improbable Lobster posted:

It is generally considered aesthetically unappealing due to its abnormal facial features, which bear little resemblance to Forrest himself, and more resemble a screaming deformed man.[1][2]

lol that i know what this is about from the description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

prefect posted:

In his Liber Gomorrhianus, Damian accused Benedict IX of routine sodomy and bestiality and sponsoring orgies.[58][verification needed]

liber gonorrheanus