Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo Wark someone uploaded the whole furnaceface discography to youtube go listen to it all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAV60hbMfRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWBUjQE4InY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQxokpRQXU4

don't doxx my bff plz

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just learned that all the Ogre Battle games are named after Queen songs. :eyepop:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just the ones matsuno worked on

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

My brother convinced me to get Valheim and I have honestly been enjoying it a ton as a multiplayer game with a group of about 7 of us.

Normally I avoid survival games but this one feels different somehow.

the lack of a forced gameplay loop from needing to eat or the like is apparently a big part of it, though I haven't tried it yet.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glad im still using this lovely userscript
https://files.catbox.moe/q87er4.mp4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://files.catbox.moe/7qzq1r.mp4

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mesmerizing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dangerous Person posted:

I am the sock puppet account of Wark Say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmOqkG99Wkg

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

My bar colours get progressively bigger, which I dont get since it feels like Im posting less not more.

For the record it's

Chat 21: 184 posts of 21113 total thread posts
Chat 22: 132/11105
Chat 23: 188/9286
Chat 24: 211/9600

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
what is everyones personal least favorite dub? doesn't even have to be considered bad, just one you find disappointing.

mine is zls, because a lot of the girls sound too old, and sakura, saki, ai and yugiri sound the same.

plus, no offense to the va, but sakura in the dub doesn't have the same energy as the japanes va.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

After all these posts I've finally worked out what zls stands for

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Willo567 posted:

what is everyones personal least favorite dub? doesn't even have to be considered bad, just one you find disappointing.

mine is zls, because a lot of the girls sound too old, and sakura, saki, ai and yugiri sound the same.

plus, no offense to the va, but sakura in the dub doesn't have the same energy as the japanes va.

All Of Them

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

All Of Them

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

All Of Them

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

All Of Them

Not even Cowboy Bebop, Big O or Hellsing Ultimate?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Imagine watching a dub lol.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Willo567 posted:

If video games count Disgaea 5 I guess, it’s okay but probably the one that stands out the most wrt the quality of the actors vs the end result.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I will make an exception for my central America brothers and their dub of dbz which i understand was a cultural landmark

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only dubs I'll watch are Streamline Fist of the Northstar movie and Cyber City Oedo

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A lot of Japanese anime is dubbed too. :pram:

But to be serious, usually the Japanese performances are better than the English ones in my experience, but there are plenty of english performances that rival or surpass the Japanese performer. Chris Patton's performance as Satou in the dub of Welcome to the NHK sells the character way more than his Japanese VA, Yutaka Soizumi, does. Sometimes the Dub will add to the experience by adding to a much more dry script and dialogue, which allows for better characterization of the cast-a good example of this is Yu Yu Hakusho, where I think the dub is just straight up better than the sub for both the performances and how the dialogue helps characterize the cast. Similarly, although I prefer the subs to Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, a lot of people prefer the dub because of the increased vulgarity of the characters dialogue, which matches the aesthetic of the show.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Julias posted:

But to be serious, usually the Japanese performances are better than the English ones in my experience, but there are plenty of english performances that rival or surpass the Japanese performer. Chris Patton's performance as Satou in the dub of Welcome to the NHK sells the character way more than his Japanese VA, Yutaka Soizumi, does. Sometimes the Dub will add to the experience by adding to a much more dry script and dialogue, which allows for better characterization of the cast-a good example of this is Yu Yu Hakusho, where I think the dub is just straight up better than the sub for both the performances and how the dialogue helps characterize the cast. Similarly, although I prefer the subs to Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, a lot of people prefer the dub because of the increased vulgarity of the characters dialogue, which matches the aesthetic of the show.

I do have to say, the Hellsing Ultimate dub is amazing, and I vastly prefer Crispin Freeman to Joji Nakata as Alucard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I keep reading ZLS as Zayonara Letsubou Sensei for some reason and I was very confused about it having a dub at first.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I got the new Emma Blu-Rays in a little while back so I need to check out the dub on that one because I always wanted it dubbed.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Julias posted:

You’re the first English speaker I’ve seen admit to preferring the Japanese dub of P&SwG.

You’re weird.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

AlternateNu posted:

You’re the first English speaker I’ve seen admit to preferring the Japanese dub of P&SwG.

You’re weird.

Need those rolled Rs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the rahxephon dub seemed pretty bad from the two episodes i tried

also i can't get into the ttgl dub

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

sinky posted:

Need those rolled Rs.

This is the one flaw of the dub, yes.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

dogsicle posted:

the rahxephon dub seemed pretty bad from the two episodes i tried

also i can't get into the ttgl dub

i thought the gurren lagann was all right. yuri lowenthal did a good job as simon i think

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Droyer posted:

Ok here's a story I'd like you to write:

It's about *shuffles around in hat* you *shuffles again* not posting.

Lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sinky posted:

Need those rolled Rs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J548XM9-jKU

I also love the way Panty's VA says "baaaaaaakkka"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are good dubs but jp va kinda ends up being reliably better for most shows and for ones that do have good dubs they're mostly about equal so i don't bother with many

though when it comes to video games i do like the trails of cold steel and zwei 2 dubs since they're pretty well directed and cover more dialog than the jp tracks

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I like the Baccano dub better than the original audio, partly because the English VAs did a great job and partly because it all takes place in like 1920s/30s USA and having a bunch of New York gangsters speaking Japanese just doesn't fit the setting at all.

But besides that,

Sakurazuka posted:

All Of Them

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mentat Radnor posted:

I like the Baccano dub better than the original audio, partly because the English VAs did a great job and partly because it all takes place in like 1920s/30s USA and having a bunch of New York gangsters speaking Japanese just doesn't fit the setting at all.

But besides that,
:same:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AlternateNu posted:

You’re weird.

I've only ever seen it in Japanese because I don't watch dubs

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The P&S dub seemed like they had alot of fun making it but I didn't see any reason to watch it again when the JP is fine the way it is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a very good dub but also a bit memed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Hello it's me the second English speaker who prefers the Japanese dub of of P&SG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cspIuORXd-M

It's so fuckin goooooood