Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Need to borrow a mazda3 ignition coil
I think one of mine is on the fritz and need to borrow one for my 2004 mazda3 to verify.... That and it's parked on the side of the road and I would like it back in my driveway.

Happy to give you cash or something as a holding deposit and can pickup.

you car will run, poorly, with a dead coil.

unless you somehow have a modern car that also does not have igniters in the coil pack itself in which case you might actually be hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm sitting under the air con running a clean cycle like the Budda so I can poo poo post and make sure it isn't dripping at the same time

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Cool change has finally arrived and along with it a severe thunderstorm warning for metropolitan and Hunter.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

rainy on & off for the rest of the week sucks but at least it might keep temperatures a bit more manageable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lotta cunts this month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHaW3PB545c

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Need to borrow a mazda3 ignition coil
I think one of mine is on the fritz and need to borrow one for my 2004 mazda3 to verify.... That and it's parked on the side of the road and I would like it back in my driveway.

Happy to give you cash or something as a holding deposit and can pickup.

AFAIK all petrol BK Mazda 3s in Australia were delivered with a MZR family engine, all of which are coil-on-plug a trait inherited from their F-series engine ancestor. If it's just one coil pack it'll run on 3 cylinders. Pretty hard to diagnose across the internerd though. If it doesn't fire at all i'd be looking at fuel/air delivery/metering before ignition.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Thunderstorm rolled on right past us here in the Hunter Valley! But it did leave us with a nice breeze.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

bee posted:

Thunderstorm rolled on right past us here in the Hunter Valley! But it did leave us with a nice breeze.

Same here.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I copped some super heavy rain at one point on the way home but it was gone a couple of towns later. Home copped hardly any but we got 20mm last night

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nada so far in the inner west. Breeze is good though.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Winds picking up in Brisbane and pretty sure I saw some flashes of lightning just now when I went out to secure the shadecloth I put over my plants this arvo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Fanelien posted:

AFAIK all petrol BK Mazda 3s in Australia were delivered with a MZR family engine, all of which are coil-on-plug a trait inherited from their F-series engine ancestor. If it's just one coil pack it'll run on 3 cylinders. Pretty hard to diagnose across the internerd though. If it doesn't fire at all i'd be looking at fuel/air delivery/metering before ignition.

I was just shitposting don't worry.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I was just shitposting don't worry.

I suspected as such but I never want to let my often useless knowledge of engines go to waste.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
https://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/1300655506/3/ :lol:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Daft Punk split up and now I'm bummed :(

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Had to go get a brain poke test cause I woke up with a cold. This times test was far gentler than the last time I had to get one done which was in July apparently.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Daft Punk split up and now I'm bummed :(

edit:

Daft Punk had 5 good songs across like 4 albums and 30 years. terrible ratio.

they are the guns n roses of electronic music without the drama.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 23, 2021

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Alive 2007 was their peak of everything, but RAM was cool

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SyedGerdezi/status/1363472375233318912

Nonviolent J's job as vending machine loss protection officer at the Royal Darwin Hospital just got a lot harder.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A bloke down in Tasmania reckons he's got trailcam photos of live thylacines

https://twitter.com/seananmcguire/status/1363891132157947911

He's previously uncovered video "evidence" from SA in 2016 and Perth in 2017 that wasn't very convincing so we'll have to wait and see

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I've blamed nvj out loud many times for stuff not working lol

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

put a 1/2 kg of chicken in the crockpot this morning, put it on "keep warm" rather than "hot". If I eat this will I die? I've turned it on to "hot" and will leave it as so for a few more hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Eat undercooked chicken

What could go wrong.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It's not ideal but I'd go for it. Recommend overcooking the poo poo out of it to be safe but that won't stop any really bad poo poo in there. If you poo poo yourself to death bear in mind you took this advice from a dude with a crippling neurosis about throwing out food

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Hot pot chicken, incubated in its own juices

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

... i think i'll ask mum what she thinks

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

put a 1/2 kg of chicken in the crockpot this morning, put it on "keep warm" rather than "hot". If I eat this will I die? I've turned it on to "hot" and will leave it as so for a few more hours.

It would have been better if you'd just put it in the crockpot when you were ready to cook it.

The warm setting is probably right in the range where bacterial multiply and some types aren't killed by subsequent heat.

You're probably not going to die if you get food poisoning, though.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can't handle wasting food so if it was me I'd probably eat it and strap in for whatever comes next.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Also meant to say this but if blow comes back please let me know so I can perma him. Working on doing the opposite for another Aussie however wish me luck

:eyepop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shout out to old mate this morning

https://i.imgur.com/3QIjSOP.mp4

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

well why not posted:

Sort of depends on what temp its kept at.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eat it you wuss

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Shelf it, you won't, you're scared.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Shelf it, you won't, you're scared.

no, i won't, i am

NPR Journalizard posted:

Sort of depends on what temp its kept at.

look the dial on the crockpot is busted so im not confident guessing it's safety at this point

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
You probably won't get food poisoning from it.

(Salmonella is technically an infection, not poisoning).

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I ate some pretty scary pink chook the other day accidentally and i survived.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Laserface posted:

I ate some pretty scary pink chook the other day accidentally and i survived.

What was her name

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Nice sticky lizard you got there. I haven't seen many geckos around here but there are a fuckton of skinks living in my backyard and seeing them sunning themselves on the retaining wall brings me joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Just smashed out a decent set in the gym, got home and got my Ubiquiti wireless access point. The face plates just about ready to go so I'll inevitably run the cables over the weekend so I have better interwebs around the house

Made some pretty good (in Mrs Spergo's opinion) dal with red and yellow lentils for work lunches too