Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

https://streamable.com/l3x1tf

there is a bird video on the tv (we live in a basement, so no window birds)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

https://streamable.com/l3x1tf

there is a bird video on the tv (we live in a basement, so no window birds)

The terrifying roar of the Mighty Hunter

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

cruft

xcheopis posted:

Gotta keep an eye out for possible squirrel incursions or maybe another dog

You would not believe the poo poo that goes down on the other side of the thing you can see through but cannot walk through no matter how many times you paw at it.

Seriously, all kinds of poo poo goes down. Dogs and people, yes. Also cats. And deer. And phantoms that only the dog can see. Bears. Mail carriers that ignore her no matter how loud she is.

The worst part is there's this gigantic metal monster that comes by and steals all the food the people put into the big green food storage container outside. She flips her poo poo about it and nobody seems to understand, even though it happens over and over. She probably thinks we just aren't good at remembering that we've put all our delicious food in there. And yet, we keep putting more food in there, every day, never seeming to question where it goes. People are stupid.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

You would not believe the poo poo that goes down on the other side of the thing you can see through but cannot walk through no matter how many times you paw at it.

Seriously, all kinds of poo poo goes down. Dogs and people, yes. Also cats. And deer. And phantoms that only the dog can see. Bears. Mail carriers that ignore her no matter how loud she is.

The worst part is there's this gigantic metal monster that comes by and steals all the food the people put into the big green food storage container outside. She flips her poo poo about it and nobody seems to understand, even though it happens over and over. She probably thinks we just aren't good at remembering that we've put all our delicious food in there. And yet, we keep putting more food in there, every day, never seeming to question where it goes. People are stupid.

Defender of The Realm
Humans (aka "Stupid Monkeys"): We are good people who do not waste food; anything not eaten is composted!
Dogs: WHY ARE YOU WASTING THAT FOOD I COULD EAT THAT WHAT THE HELL

deep dish peat moss

Heres my cat Oz on his first visit to the vet, before I adopted him

And here he is earlier today

He's the sweetest most attached cat ever. He cuddles in bed with me and at least 3 times a day he will walk into my room and cry until I pat my leg and encourage him to jump up and sit in my lap, when he does he hugs my belly and rolls around and buries his face in my armpit. He purrs so loud that he wakes me up by rubbing against my face and purring in the morning and when I pet him a lot he starts to drool :3:

& this is my other cat Millie who is Oz's mom

She is also the sweetest cat ever but likes to spend most of her time napping alone. She walks up afew times a day just to squeak at me and rub against me then rolls over for belly rubs before disappearing for another nap.

They both rly love belly rubs

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 18, 2021

cruft

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm going to pretend the human is holding the kitten aloft in celebration of a victory over... something. Scabies, maybe.

xcheopis

deep dish peat moss posted:

And here he is earlier today

He's the sweetest most attached cat ever. He cuddles in bed with me and at least 3 times a day he will walk into my room and cry until I pat my leg and encourage him to jump up and sit in my lap, when he does he hugs my belly and rolls around and buries his face in my armpit. He purrs so loud that he wakes me up by rubbing against my face and purring in the morning and when I pet him a lot he starts to drool :3:

& this is my other cat Millie who is Oz's mom

She is also the sweetest cat ever but likes to spend most of her time napping alone. She walks up afew times a day just to squeak at me and rub against me then rolls over for belly rubs before disappearing for another nap.

They both rly love belly rubs

aaaaaa, so cute! :3:
Cats who love belly rubs are the best. BEST.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

I'm going to pretend the human is holding the kitten aloft in celebration of a victory over... something. Scabies, maybe.

"Behold your King!"

cruft

Dear BYOB Pets Gang,

I have some... disturbing news about our new dog Ruby. Please be sure you are sitting down for this. You may be tempted to think this is an excuse to post cute dog photos, but please believe me when I tell you this is a very serious investigation.

Ruby, aka "Rubi" in the Spanish paperwork, and henceforth known as "dog A", was presented as an 8-year-old chihuahua mix. I think breeds are a bullshit concept but this is what we were told, and we're going to stick with the facts here.

I have done some Internet Sleuthing and was able to obtain this photograph of a dog right after she had her uterus removed by the vet in Juárez. The photo's date is 2020-Nov-18:

This dog bears a striking resemblance to "dog A". The vet is the same one who signed the paperwork for "dog A"'s surgery. The coloring is an exact match to "dog A", the surgery wound location is in the exact same place, and the shaved area matches "dog A" exactly.

Let us move forward with the presumption that the pictured dog is in fact "dog A".

Curious about "dog A"'s story, I kept digging. I found this photo, on the Facebook page of a group who transports dogs from "high kill" areas to "low kill" areas. It was dated 2021-Jan-17:

This also appears to be "dog A". Note the similar coloring, tongue in position to lick the photographer's face, and, interestingly, the sweater. This sweater was featured in her listing on the shelter where we picked her up. Unfortunately this evidence has been lost, but we have multiple witnesses willing to testify that they saw this same sweater on "dog A" in the adoption listing as "photo 2". As a point of interest, here is a screen capture of "photo 1", taken 2021-Jan-19:

We have established that "dog A" was at a Juárez vet on or around November 18. The dog was then driven to a shelter in Albuquerque on January 17, and adopted three days later, on January 20.

Ladies and Gentlemen of BYOB, I would now like to present a photo posted to the Facebook page for "Muttlove Juárez" on 2020-Nov-26. This is a rescue which takes dogs off the streets, gets them medical care, and attempts to adopt them out. It seems there are a lot of dogs on the streets in Juárez. But that's beside the point. Ladies and Gentlemen, I assert that the photo you are about to see is, without question, "dog A", and that the text added by "Muttlove Juárez" casts serious doubt over the true identity of "dog A".

Please prepare yourselves.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the photo:

WHO IS DOG A?!?!?!?

GATOS Y VATOS

:monocle:

cruft

Confession time: in the process of writing up that post, I realized the dog in the surgery photo is a different dog.

Don't tell though. It's more interesting to think our dog is a spy with multiple aliases.

It seems there are a lot of stray dogs in Juárez. Kinda helps you understand what Bob Barker was on about.

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

Confession time: in the process of writing up that post, I realized the dog in the surgery photo is a different dog.

Don't tell though. It's more interesting to think our dog is a spy with multiple aliases.

It seems there are a lot of stray dogs in Juárez. Kinda helps you understand what Bob Barker was on about.

friend, this just means that your dog is a good enough spy to have put out false leads and decoys to throw you off the scent

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

cruft

Stoner Sloth posted:

friend, this just means that your dog is a good enough spy to have put out false leads and decoys to throw you off the scent

:eek:

:dance:

xcheopis

Stoner Sloth posted:

The cunning fiend!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My wife sent me pictures of my dog, Beans.

Beans is beautiful and wonderful and I love her even when she is very angry at an egg for being crunchy:

Beans would prefer mømthër to make the egg soft.

Beans also knows how to relax:

She is the chillest baby and I miss her every day, living so far away from me.

cruft

Beans is a :krad: name for a dog.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Beans is a :krad: name for a dog.

Her "big name" is Mathilda Beans of Croatan, Daughter of Wolves, Fire of the Northern Reaches.

It's on her paperwork. Mostly we just call her Beans.

GATOS Y VATOS

Beans looks hella good

also lmao at pretentious legal names of animals (this isn't a dig on you or on Beans, just the weird 'proper' name tradition)

Of course Rokit's full name is Rokitanski J. MacReady so maybe I shouldn't be one to talk.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Beans is a fancy girl. She's got papers to prove it. I trained her to be a seizure alert dog and she's very good with anxiety response as well.

GATOS Y VATOS

Beans is the best :kimchi:

biosterous

look at this gremlin

gallery of sigs

he/him

ChubbyChecker

biosterous posted:

look at this gremlin

take the watermelon away before midnight

biosterous

ChubbyChecker posted:

take the watermelon away before midnight

oh poo poo she does tend to get the zoomies around midnight, you may be on to something

gallery of sigs

he/him

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Cat whisperers:
This cat has been hangin around my yard. If I crouch down it runs over to me with its tail up and bonks me with its head and rubs against my hand a little (pictured below)

Then it goes and sits a few feet away (pictured)

what the heck does it want??? seems healthy and happy enough, but I have no idea if it is a stray or just someone's outside cat. It sort of acts like it wants to follow me when I go back inside? No collar or anything

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

ChubbyChecker

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Cat whisperers:
This cat has been hangin around my yard. If I crouch down it runs over to me with its tail up and bonks me with its head and rubs against my hand a little (pictured below)

what the heck does it want??? seems healthy and happy enough, but I have no idea if it is a stray or just someone's outside cat. It sort of acts like it wants to follow me when I go back inside? No collar or anything

when i was a child my neighbour's cat patrolled all over the neighbourhood and turned out that he had drinking bowls at few places

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Cat whisperers:

I am no cat whisperer but that's exactly how our stray Merlin came to us.

Oooor it's some kind of person trapped in a cat body and they need help????

GATOS Y VATOS

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Cat whisperers:

Follow it. If it's not somebody's cat, it might actually want you to see something (kittens?).

Congratulations on your new cat.

biosterous

i put a live birdfeeder vid on the tv for kira and it kept her nice and occupied, but the birds all just left so she wandered away

instead: a vid from last night:

https://streamable.com/8wae0i

kira finds the toy way more interesting than babylon 5 for some reason???

gallery of sigs

he/him

the unabonger

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Cat whisperers:

check to see if he's anyone in your neighborhood's (and is looking for a handout) otherwise you just got adopted my friend!

when the nap hits just right:

xcheopis

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Cat whisperers:

This is how I was adopted by Smudge! Just followed me home and wouldn't leave.
At least put out some water and see if it comes by to drink.

i flunked out posted:

when the nap hits just right:

Definitely in the zone

biosterous

Kira stepped on my mouse and keyboard in such a way that left my youtube video and brought me right to byob :psyduck:

here is a pic, i guess she wanted me to post it!

gallery of sigs

he/him

ChubbyChecker

biosterous posted:

Kira stepped on my mouse and keyboard in such a way that left my youtube video and brought me right to byob :psyduck:

good kitty

cruft

biosterous posted:

Nice work, nice cat, high fives all around.

biosterous

friend

gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Sweet little girl

cruft

I just got back from the vet, who thinks our 9-month-old dog is probably more like 2 or 3 years old, based on dental tartar.

Also, she may have ringworm. And possibly some sort of liver condition. So we're running an assload of blood tests.

We'll get this dog sorted out one way or another, but it looks like we won't be going to Disneyland next year.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

I just got back from the vet, who thinks our 9-month-old dog is probably more like 2 or 3 years old, based on dental tartar.

Also, she may have ringworm. And possibly some sort of liver condition. So we're running an assload of blood tests.

We'll get this dog sorted out one way or another, but it looks like we won't be going to Disneyland next year.

Dress the dog up as Cinderella or Belle and put on a show.

cruft

xcheopis posted:

Dress the dog up as Cinderella or Belle and put on a show.

We might just do this regardless.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Dogs probably really embarrassed now getting caught out lying about their age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Dogs always gently caress up the conversions between dog years and human years.

Danger is a super anxious cat who used to be very picky about being touched, but she's getting a lot calmer and even starting to enjoy snuggles some. Here she is earlier today on my lap.