Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
For Axiom: Use adrenalin rush more. It makes it so Smash does not end the turn, neither does psych up. You can have him punch alot more.

Also, to unlock the two person assembly you need level three tech field teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also, to unlock the two person assembly you need level three tech field teams.

DAMMIT

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

You have enough intel. You can upgrade em.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, you could've used Dragnet instead of Quarantine on Riverside; it would have prevented Unrest from rising and also given you about half of the reward that was listed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 32 - Capitalism Doesn't Actually Incentivize Incventnum

Whoops should have uploaded this earlier, it has been an extremely busy month and also I got a job interview tomorrow for a full time position and :piss:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 29, 2021

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The title says it's Stardew Valley. Good luck on the interview.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whoops wires got crossed, fixed it

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

White Coke posted:

Looking forward to it. What's the most number of LPs you've had going on at the same time?

go for a new record danaru!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Danaru posted:

Whoops wires got crossed, fixed it

haha you should change it back!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Sally posted:

haha you should change it back!

just say that it's a snake people mod for stardew valley

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Best of luck on the interview! Remember that pumping yourself up and smashing everything is a valid tactic.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Catching back up and I'm proud of Cherub's growing kill count.

I hope Dan's new job is cool and one where people won't get mad at paying him for being indestructible.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Section Z posted:

I hope Dan's new job is cool and one where people won't get mad at paying him for being indestructible.

looks at Danaru's new mod star

yeah, nah, it's same as the old but now he's not being paid

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Section Z posted:

Catching back up and I'm proud of Cherub's growing kill count.

Except that Patchwork is somehow going to stay on top by hook or by crook.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Section Z posted:

Same job actually, just full time :v: like seven other people with more seniority applied too, but I've crit on 10%-to-hit shots before :xcom:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

sb hermit posted:

Except that Patchwork is somehow going to stay on top by hook or by crook.
Patchwork: "Yeah baby, that kill puts me back on top of the leaderboard!"

The six remaining prisoners handcuffed in the back of the paddy wagon:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 33 - The Bad Button At A Bad Time

Watch as I upgrade a finance team and security team to level 3, but not a tech team :negative:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Okay. Maloof?

No.

Absolutely not.

Any kind of registry that targets a specific category of people is a super extremely bad idea. Do not.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm getting various tabletop flashbacks over "He is our tank!" "In THEORY.", and those were the groups that liked the tank.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ah Patchwork. So good at her job that she was promoted out of it. Now relegated to building plush torque and axiom dolls until the next spec ops slot opens, at which point she'll spend her time distributing those dolls to gain votes for the deputy mayor

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 34 - Terminal's In Jail

"Axiom doesn't need aim since he'll mostly be smashing." --Dan
*Seven seconds pass*
"Okay Axiom needs aim since he'll be shooting the most" --Dan

Y'all gotta understand I'm dumb as poo poo and this much XCOM beer doesn't help.

E: god loving dammit fixed, not even sure how I managed that

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 7, 2021

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

While "The Helpful Fox Senko-san" looks loving adorable, it's not why I'm here in the Xcom LP thread :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 34 - Terminal's In Jail

"Axiom doesn't need aim since he'll mostly be smashing." --Dan
*Seven seconds pass*
"Okay Axiom needs aim since he'll be shooting the most" --Dan

Y'all gotta understand I'm dumb as poo poo and this much XCOM beer doesn't help.

E: god loving dammit fixed, not even sure how I managed that
This sounds bad, until you realize like Grace said you are blessed with both of these facts being true at the same time.

A fact quickly reinforced in the first mission.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mikl posted:

Okay. Maloof?

No.

Absolutely not.

Any kind of registry that targets a specific category of people is a super extremely bad idea. Do not.

Oh no what the police commissioner is having bad ideas about targeting certain categories of people?? There is no precedent for this!

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
. . . were you talking about Donner Kebab in the last video? I've had it at several places in the US and Europe and never heard of or seen putting cheese on it before.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Chuu posted:

. . . were you talking about Donner Kebab in the last video? I've had it at several places in the US and Europe and never heard of or seen putting cheese on it before.

maybe he doesn't recognize it as doner kebab unless it's in the Canadian style

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

sb hermit posted:

Ah Patchwork. So good at her job that she was promoted out of it. Now relegated to building plush torque and axiom dolls until the next spec ops slot opens, at which point she'll spend her time distributing those dolls to gain votes for the deputy mayor
Patchwork and Zephyr are both agents doomed to absolutely carry the squad in the environment they thrive, and then end up on permanent assembly/spec ops duty once the game moves on.

some plague rats posted:

Oh no what the police commissioner is having bad ideas about targeting certain categories of people?? There is no precedent for this!
TBF, the category we're talking about is "people who can melt your brain in the middle of a crowded subway car without any bystanders noticing", which puts it a touch closer to being a legitimate police matter than having the wrong politics.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

TBF, the category we're talking about is "people who can melt your brain in the middle of a crowded subway car without any bystanders noticing", which puts it a touch closer to being a legitimate police matter than having the wrong politics.

Yes, but the game also mentions "dampeners" which psionics wear and which, presumably, make it so that anything bad and psi-related can't be an accident but must be deliberate. This is akin to a gun control issue: there are plenty of responsible gun owners who have a good reason to own a gun, and then there are those who go around doing crimes with it. Only in this case the "gun" is someone's literal brain, while you can choose to not buy a gun you can't choose to not be a psionic.

e. Whooooops I made this reply before the game mentioned the dampeners are painful so that's egg on my face! Still, the point stands that you cannot discriminate an entire section of people (psionics, in this case) because of something they might do. There is, presumably, a law that says "do not use your psi powers on unwilling people," so. Yes, criminals don't respect laws, but then it's a case of "might as well not pass any laws ever then."

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 7, 2021

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Chuu posted:

nah, he was talking about Donair, which has shared roots but has gone a different way since then.

both are good!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
also I usually eat donair in panzarotti form, regular donair doesn't actually have cheese :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 35 - The Cereal That Writhes

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Actually, Whisper drives the truck.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 37 - I Can't Believe He Bapped

EDIT: VVV God dammit it's been a lovely week :negative: I'm uploading the real Episode 36 now

Danaru fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 17, 2021

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Is there an episode missing? :psyduck:
Ep. 35 ends on encounter 2 of 3 and "Well, I'm out of beer."
Ep. 36 starts off in a different building, with different enemies all over the place on encounter 1 of 3

Did the Progeny steal encounter 3 of 3? :iiam:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 36 - Maybe He's Dead

Okay this time it's actually episode 36

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Don't worry, we all know it's tough to get everything straight starting out. You'll figure out how to link the correct video when you do your second LP. Uhh, your third LP. Sixth. You'll figure it out eventually! :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Most of my episode posting is either right as I'm waking up, or while I'm frantically heading out the door for work because those are the only two states I've existed in since december :negative:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I believe in my heart that Grace would have said brainternet at the exact same time as Dan.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I kinda wish the episode title was the madonna comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 38 - Police Adjacent

Don't encourage him.