Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Excellent news:

https://twitter.com/jnoisecat/status/1364227129882275847?s=20

This is a great sign that Haaland will get confirmed and I am very excited for it.

e: just realized I misread the tweet and it's from Alaska's representative, not one of its senators, so it's not a sure thing yet. But! Still an encouraging sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Excellent news:

This is a great sign that Haaland will get confirmed and I am very excited for it.

e: just realized I misread the tweet and it's from Alaska's representative, not one of its senators, so it's not a sure thing yet. But! Still an encouraging sign.

I am just shocked that a member of the opposition is making sense...

Is this a sign of the End Times?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
On minimum wage talk, Romney and Cotton have introduced a new bill to raise the minimum wage to $10 over a five year period.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

On minimum wage talk, Romney and Cotton have introduced a new bill to raise the minimum wage to $10 over a five year period.

Only if you are a legal resident, so basically sidestepping the actual problem of exploited and underpaid migrants.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

InAndOutBrennan posted:

What guntubers are good and ok at keeping pol out?

Gun Jesus and Karl
TFB TV (?)
Kentucky Ballistics (Not sure about the good part but ok for booms)
Demo Ranch
?

Asking as someone who plinks some times with relatives. Don't own any guns but think stuff that goes boom and shoots bullets in interesting ways are eh.. interesting.

TacticoolGirlfriend is a trans firearms enthusiast who puts out some good and sometimes dryly funny content. She’s definitely a leftist but she doesn’t really talk much about politics in her channel.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

It’s dumb, but that’s somewhat gracious of him, and imagine had he taken the invitation- that would have been way more monumental than Trump stepping into North Korea. It’d be bigger than carter going to Pyongyang.

Trump almost accidentally did something not terrible.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

CommieGIR posted:

Only if you are a legal resident, so basically sidestepping the actual problem of exploited and underpaid migrants.

How does an employer knowingly pay a non-legal resident in the first place? Without breaking the law themselves, that is.

$10 is laughable either way.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Please word this differently in the future.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

NY AG settled its fraud investigation into Bitfinex and their bullshit tethers. They're paying a slap on the wrist fine ($18.5m) and cannot do business with anyone inside NY state.

This is great for bitcoin!!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How does an employer knowingly pay a non-legal resident in the first place? Without breaking the law themselves, that is.

That's pretty easy - you pay the lower rate and tell your employees that they'll get minimum if they turn in their paperwork. American business owners are complete scum, as often as not.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 23, 2021

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Welcome to America where just last year Farmers openly argued that field workers were effectively not people, and therefore deserved no protections.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nooooo he started getting really chuddy and whiny about liberal youtube censorship when youtube started looking at gun channels

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

Stravag posted:

Nooooo he started getting really chuddy and whiny about liberal youtube censorship when youtube started looking at gun channels

Haven't seen much of that tbh. But I will keep it mind thanks!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The employer isn't paying the farm workers or meat plant employees, they don't work for him. He pays the contractor who hires another contractor who recruits the employees. The contractor is of course assumed to be doing all the legally required compliance to ensure the workers are allowed to be there, are paid the right amounts, and abide by overtime laws. As your crops sit in the field with a extremely limited window for harvest that the local economy depends on.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1364300282499375111?s=19

Never been a big golf fan, but apparently Tiger Woods was in a super bad wreck today. Jaws of life had to be used and apparently has multiple leg injuries.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Guess he started drinking again

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
that rough will kill your game

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Guess he started drinking again

quote:

11:43 AM PT -- An L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. source tells TMZ Sports they do not believe alcohol was involved but they did not say whether any other substance was possibly involved.

Cops so take it with a grain of salt. Cool to just assume that tho

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Cops so take it with a grain of salt. Cool to just assume that tho

Cops also said "minor damage" to the vehicle and you can see the pictures yourself so yeah, take any conclusion at this point with skepticism.

EDIT: looking at the road, it didn't go into a gully or anything, looks like the SUV hit the curb and tripped over it. Rollover is always a problem with high center of gravity vehicles. :smith:

Midjack fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 23, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Been curious how many vaccines were ready to go from J&J when/if it got the EUA, here's the info:

https://twitter.com/rachel_roubein/status/1364314296155574277?s=19

Looking like we'll have 3M/day across all vaccines by April.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 23, 2021

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Stravag posted:

I don't know who Demo Ranch is but this is an actual problem and thing though? YT just arbitrarily deletes or demonitizes videos seemingly at random because of vague guidelines about firearms.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Midjack posted:

Cops also said "minor damage" to the vehicle and you can see the pictures yourself so yeah, take any conclusion at this point with skepticism.

EDIT: looking at the road, it didn't go into a gully or anything, looks like the SUV hit the curb and tripped over it. Rollover is always a problem with high center of gravity vehicles. :smith:

Rollover is always a high index of suspicion for serious injuries, but I’d say that’s moderate damage personally to the vehicle.

That doesn’t preclude other major injuries or anything. Especially not without getting a good look at the front of the vehicle in that shot (which seems kinda hosed? Didn’t get a good look).

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Here seems to be the final story:

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1364353466064338946?s=19

And the injuries:

https://twitter.com/DanielNMiller/status/1364363635045228545?s=19

Don't speed in SUVs folks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Hahaha now owned by Unilever. Dunno what their CEO makes, his wikipedia page looks like it was written/scrubbed by their PR dept with minimal info, like the Walmart heir pages.

Records from Niger’s colonial period are held not by the government of Niger, nor the government of the United Kingdom but by Unilever, as the heir to the United Africa Company and ultimately the Royal Niger Company.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

InAndOutBrennan posted:

What guntubers are good and ok at keeping pol out?

Garand Thumb is pretty good

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Garand Thumb is pretty good

you're legit retarded and/or a fascist

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PookBear fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 24, 2021

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Excellent news:

Don was married to a Native Alaskan for 45 years and had 2 kids before she died. I'm not surprised he's backing Haaland.

I'd bet Murkowski is also a yes.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

wow this retired cop that has a gun youtube is a fascist??? never saw this coming!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I thought he was AF pararescue?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Somehow I'd never heard of Garand Thumb (I click not interested to any gun video that youtube recommends because the algorithm will loving sucks and would start spamming them nonstop otherwise), what's his deal?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Barring external info that I am unaware of (@pook) he’s a vet who does a ton of 3-gun competition shooting and for as long as I’ve been watching his content has delivered good apolitical info on guns, and also plate carriers/nods/helmets/bags/equipment

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

People on SA are always like "hey I know most of it is insanely right wing but here's a cool chill part of gun culture" then I check it out and it's "BEST GLOCKS FOR RACE WAR: RANKED"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The only gun channel I follow is Honest Outlaw. I haven’t run across anything lovely yet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

Barring external info that I am unaware of (@pook) he’s a vet who does a ton of 3-gun competition shooting and for as long as I’ve been watching his content has delivered good apolitical info on guns, and also plate carriers/nods/helmets/bags/equipment

I'll watch a Garand Thumb video, but he's definitely medium-chuddy. He's one of those types that thinks everyone should get access to any weapon you want, the ATF can go gently caress itself, and has probably unironically used the word "sheeple" outside of videos.

Best Friends posted:

People on SA are always like "hey I know most of it is insanely right wing but here's a cool chill part of gun culture" then I check it out and it's "BEST GLOCKS FOR RACE WAR: RANKED"

hickok45 definitely has opinions on the best glock for the race war, Garand Thumb would give you opinions for the best AR-15 for civil unrest

Non gunchat:

https://twitter.com/samjmintz/status/1364321263439724544

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

The gently caress? Didn’t I see that in The Incredibles?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The only gun-adjacent tube I can stomach anymore is Beau of The Fifth Column

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Grand Thumb is a lovely person who speeds up his shooting, and hangs out/collabs with known piece of poo poo Lucas from TRex.

I don't watch his poo poo, or any of that promotions channels anymore. He uses a promotional/management company as a whole bunch of lovely shills- IIRC, Tactical Rifleman, Demo Ranch (I do skip through his videos on occasion, but I doubt I've seen more than 25% of a video ever since he collabed with Hickock, someone whom I always thought was a boring piece of poo poo shill), Hickock, Garand Thumb, T Rex, and Brandon Herrera, among a bunch of others all use the same media group.

Modlite called them out for dishonest work, and said the quiet part loud about how there channels work. It was a bit of a stir.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

By tomorrow FOX and MAGA will be claiming that it was an Antifa plot to give that rifle to Carlson, instead of an A2-type upper with built-in deflector

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
TFB TV is the only YouTube gun channel that doesn’t suck. Well, Forgotten Weapons as well

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

When did hickok45 come out as CHUDy? I don’t watch gun poo poo much at all anymore but last I saw he’d wrote about being accepting of gun people of all political persuasions and also ditching the NRA. Although the video of him with Tucker shooting the M-16 kind of seals it assuming it was filmed any time in the last 5 or 6 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Maybe Hickock45 is just a big fan of TV dinners.