Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos
There should be two BreadTube labels: White Breadtube and Multigrain Whole Wheat Breadtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Clibanarius posted:

There should be two BreadTube labels: White Breadtube and Multigrain Whole Wheat Breadtube.

Is there Challah Breadtube?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i only watch gluten-free breadtube

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

0 rows returned posted:

i only watch gluten-free breadtube

is it non-GMO

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Amber is a Laplander.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gripweed posted:

Breadtubers making a serious play to get people to stop calling them breadtube

https://twitter.com/ContraPoints/status/1364059709456711680?s=20

This is coming from someone who stopped making videos for a while because she got addicted to heroin.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I always thought "breadtube" was just one stupid influencer

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

yeah this is exactly what people need right now: whatever this is

"I never even heard of Kropotkin! people just kept yelling bread at us"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Victory Position posted:

yeah this is exactly what people need right now: whatever this is

woke drama pwns

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gripweed posted:

wonderbreadtube

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sami is “asian” now? Okay amber

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This is coming from someone who stopped making videos for a while because she got addicted to heroin.

did she take lsd

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
that's a really self-centred and embarrassing post imo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

uber_stoat posted:

Amber is a Laplander.

smdh at no one remembering matt christman's "thousand island stare" moment when he couldn't pronounce amber's ethnicity

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

fits my needs posted:

did she take lsd

too much Russian tea out of a samovar, 'tis rough on the old predisposition

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fits my needs posted:

did she take lsd

Lmao I was mistaken, she took some kind of opium which may or may not be heroin.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Finicums Wake posted:

please read pleasant hell, john dolan fans itt. it's like confederacy of dunces but also a loosely fictionalized autobiography of john dolan. he's a great prose stylist, too

prose Iliad is good too

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao I was mistaken, she took some kind of opium which may or may not be heroin.

well at least that true anon guy is off the stuff.....ALLEGEDLY......

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It's funny to me when content creators try to distance themselves from their genre to avoid negative connotations. Looking forward to the breadtube equivalent of "speculative fiction".

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

owning youtube personalities for getting addicted to drugs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

fits my needs posted:

well at least that true anon guy is off the stuff.....ALLEGEDLY......

he's long since moved on to adrenochrome.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Something, something youtube is the opium of the masses

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thotsky posted:

It's funny to me when content creators try to distance themselves from their genre to avoid negative connotations. Looking forward to the breadtube equivalent of "speculative fiction".

The Breadtubers have all hated the term Breadtube from the beginning and have grown increasingly unhappy about it as unrelated Breadtubers have been called on to comment on each other's cancellations and now the fans who chose a random group of vaguely lefty Youtubers to call Breatube are accusing the Breadtubers of not being inclusive enough.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
the online left obsession with “reading theory” is hilarious. like yeah I’m working 60 hours a week but let me just read some boring as poo poo book about how “capitalism? it’s bad” before I can say that workers should get paid more and we need to redistribute wealth.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
since she thinks the breadtube label is too white she ought to to take drastic steps to combat it

perhaps by changing her name to Nathalie Nguyen

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

the online left obsession with “reading theory” is hilarious. like yeah I’m working 60 hours a week but let me just read some boring as poo poo book about how “capitalism? it’s bad” before I can say that workers should get paid more and we need to redistribute wealth.

The theory is about how you go from thinking it should be done to actually getting it done. Lenin didn't need Marx to tell him that things should be better, and he didn't need Hegel to tell him that Marx was right - but he needed both of them to turn "workers should get paid more and we need to distribute wealth" into a plan, into victory.

Your doctor doesn't need medical textbooks or journals to know that it's bad as hell if your lungs are full of tumors. But your doctor needs a shitton of those texts to know how to kill the tumors without killing you.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

meanwhile: "does anyone understand the labor needed to create an audiobook about Capital? there's more than one volume!"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i will never read a book

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

how do we redistribute wealth

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i will never read a book

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
books?! lotta nerds in this thread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i will never read a book

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I guess my take here is that as someone who does read theory, I'd much rather that "the left" use people like me to talk to people like you, rather than cutting it off at "well you should read theory first"

I dunno if that's elitist or whatnot

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Victory Position posted:

meanwhile: "does anyone understand the labor needed to create an audiobook about Capital? there's more than one volume!"

there are indeed audiobooks for Capital and the all volumes amount to about 120 hours or 5 full 24 hour days

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i still dont know what breadtube is but it's definitely not as cool as smoking opium

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

The theory is about how you go from thinking it should be done to actually getting it done. Lenin didn't need Marx to tell him that things should be better, and he didn't need Hegel to tell him that Marx was right - but he needed both of them to turn "workers should get paid more and we need to distribute wealth" into a plan, into victory.

Your doctor doesn't need medical textbooks or journals to know that it's bad as hell if your lungs are full of tumors. But your doctor needs a shitton of those texts to know how to kill the tumors without killing you.

right but when it came down to it what he told people outside a relatively tiny group was 'land, peace and bread'

there's a ton of crap in the so-called left that's about showing signifiers and it's on the 'i am silly' side of things

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i will never read a book

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
jesus just put on some dave harvey and go for a hike or something

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

you're reading this post right now. I just tricked you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

you're reading this post right now. I just tricked you.

oh no