Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Big Hubris posted:

I feel like with Earthblood they either heard everyone say "A sidescrolling beat-em-up is the only way they can make a good one." and then someone decided they knew better than everyone about what they wanted OR they said "werewolf dark souls" and they ended up with a ps2 x-men game.

Supposedly the game is a reskinned Styx: Master of Shadows, but honestly, a reskinned Wolverine Origins would have been better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

TheCenturion posted:

Supposedly the game is a reskinned Styx: Master of Shadows, but honestly, a reskinned Wolverine Origins would have been better.

I don't believe it. Styx: Master of Shadows was okay as a game.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Big Hubris posted:

Also, Chronicles of Darkness REALLY needs to have like, the state of Nova Napoli with it's hotsprings and buried supervolcano in place of Delaware. It really, really needs to do what the oWoD properties repeatedly said, for twenty pages at the start of every book, but with showing instead of telling.

What? I genuinely don't follow what this is saying, so the only response I can muster is that "no, I don't think the Chronicles of Darkness should replace Delaware."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

I Am Just a Box posted:

What? I genuinely don't follow what this is saying, so the only response I can muster is that "no, I don't think the Chronicles of Darkness should replace Delaware."

Big Hubris is a coward's word.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I Am Just a Box posted:

I am fine with it if it means getting rid of Chris Coons and our entire system of corporate tax evasion.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Ironslave posted:

I don't believe it. Styx: Master of Shadows was okay as a game.

It uses Styx's engine, which is why it has the stealth elements shoehorned in, as that's like, the one thing Styx was good at.

Things Styx's engine is not good at, human faces, combat.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Vampyr is sadly not actually a good game, as it consists of going through areas of Bloodborne-knockoff combat in order to wander around an area talking to people until you maximise all the XP you get out of them, then repeating the process as you move on with the story.

Combat starts out ridiculously tough but gets much easier as you make sure to realise:
1. Time only progresses when you rest, so you should only do so when the story forces you or when you have a bunch of XP to spend
2. An enemy's stun meter gets reinforced if you stun them and then suck their blood... but it doesn't do that if you just hit them more. Optimal play is using the nailbat (or a similar damaging+stunning weapon) to both stun and damage your foe, then using the Liston knife (or a similar bleeding weapon) to get free blood back as they wake back up.

Once you get all that down the only really tough thing is the bosses.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I Am Just a Box posted:

Mage: the Awakening should be replaced root and branch with this: https://imgur.com/a/aTrl3#MKv3BSP

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

NGDBSS posted:

I am fine with it if it means getting rid of Chris Coons and our entire system of corporate tax evasion.

Please to not be destroying my home because of terrible politicians, you would have to destroy the entire USA anyway to get rid of those (although that would certainly be an awe inspiring "Masquerade go bye-bye" storyline).

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

Please to not be destroying my home because of terrible politicians, you would have to destroy the entire USA anyway to get rid of those (although that would certainly be an awe inspiring "Masquerade go bye-bye" storyline).
I live in Delaware too. :ssh:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

MadDogMike posted:

I figure this is more "in this alternate universe we replace one of the established, boring mundane states with the Masonic Republic of Libertatia Lost, postal acronym LL and exciting element of bar trivia" than "literally blowing up Delaware"

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nessus posted:

Mage: the Awakening should be replaced root and branch with this: https://imgur.com/a/aTrl3#MKv3BSP

i don't understand, that's just a mage lore book

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Big Hubris posted:

I feel like with Earthblood they either heard everyone say "A sidescrolling beat-em-up is the only way they can make a good one." and then someone decided they knew better than everyone about what they wanted OR they said "werewolf dark souls" and they ended up with a ps2 x-men game.

You know, come to think of it, if you retooled in a bit Nioh 2 could easily be a werewolf game. It has form shifting as a major mechanic!

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
So, how's that Bloodlines 2 coming?

https://www.reddit.com/r/vtmb/comments/lqc5fc/hardsuit_labs_no_longer_developing_the_game/

As of this morning, Hardsuit have been fired.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
"You've got to consultant this eerily accurate vampire video game to death to protect the Masquerade" is a hook I would gladly use in a chronicle.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I wonder if people's reactions to earthblood was a factor in this.

Also the fact that Hardsuit has apparently been spinning their tires for a while now

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kurieg posted:

I wouldn't be surprised.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 23, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurieg posted:

Also the fact that Hardsuit has apparently been spinning their tires for a while now

Didn't they boot their lead writer a while ago?

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

Kurieg posted:

Question is, the reaction to Earthblood's half baked gameplay or reaction to the fact that a LOT of Swedcula's DNA is still pretty obvious?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

People have to play a game to see Sweedracula's leavings. They only need to watch a review to see the lackluster gameplay and aging engine, that's only a ten dollar discount from AAA games.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kurieg posted:

People have to play a game to see Sweedracula's leavings. They only need to watch a review to see the lackluster gameplay and aging engine, that's only a ten dollar discount from AAA games.

That's all Cyanide's fault, the bland story, confused lore, and some racist stuff I missed in the dialogue are all he contributed.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What are they gonna do about all the preorders?

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

MonsieurChoc posted:

What are they gonna do about all the preorders?

Probably nothing unless they actually cancel the game? They're just temporarily closing new preorders since they don't have a firm release date anymore--everybody who's already in the preorder system I would imagine stays there.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Wraith faction idea: The slain of Osowiec, discovering the Smiling Lord's secret plot to introduce poison gas to the battlefield, rightly blame him for their horrific deaths (which combined terror, agony, and sheer bloody-minded stubbornness to keep fighting enough that most of them emerged as wraiths and not as drones, so there's a good five or six dozen of them) and go renegade during the Stygian Civil War. They gather other poison gas casualties over the ensuing decades from as many places as they can (though it's a desperate struggle to keep from fading away after WW2 (and most of those dead are either among the Wire or the Jade) until the Iran-Iraq war), diversifying away from a small band of Russians into a mass of wraiths united on the same lines as the Grim Legion - revenge, all of them out for the Smiling Lord himself.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

In response, the Smiling Lord engages in psychological trolling warfare by broadcasting music across the battlefield.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kavak posted:

That's all Cyanide's fault, the bland story, confused lore, and some racist stuff I missed in the dialogue are all he contributed.

And? Paradox is the rights holder. Unless the contract that Cyanide had with Swedracula was garbage, they should not have had some sort of oversight on the game. This is the first game in the world of darkness under their stewardship and the fact that it stinks out loud reflects on them. Warranted or not.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Where does the racist stuff in Earthblood come in? And I accept the answer could be as simple as 'used a Wendigo.'

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

Kurieg posted:

And? Paradox is the rights holder. Unless the contract that Cyanide had with Swedracula was garbage

Let's be honest, the odds of that are pretty loving high.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This game 's gonna get the "Dirty secrets of the Black Hand" treatment.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Attorney at Funk posted:

"You've got to consultant this eerily accurate vampire video game to death to protect the Masquerade" is a hook I would gladly use in a chronicle.

The first and most decisive instance of the game being killed by Consultant Brain was when it was decided that the mainstay of development resources and tie-in media should be devoted to Masquerade instead of Requiem.

We could make something good... but will that generate as many clicks as repeatedly asking people if they remember the nineties??

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Ferrinus posted:

The first and most decisive instance of the game being killed by Consultant Brain was when it was decided that the mainstay of development resources and tie-in media should be devoted to Masquerade instead of Requiem.

We could make something good... but will that generate as many clicks as repeatedly asking people if they remember the nineties??

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mage the Ascension Victorian Sourcebook up on Indiegogo

I thought 20th Anniversary stuff was stopped because of 5th Edition. Does this mean there's no M5?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kavak posted:

I thought 20th Anniversary stuff was stopped because of 5th Edition. Does this mean there's no M5?

...that looks like a scam, OPP has always used Kickstarter. I’m gonna poke someone.

It’s legit. No idea why Indiegogo this time.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 23, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's real

http://theonyxpath.com/m20-victorian-age-go-gogo-monday-meeting-notes/

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mors Rattus posted:

...that looks like a scam, OPP has always used Kickstarter. I’m gonna poke someone.

They posted about it on the OPP website.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Kavak posted:

Probably decades off. They announced they were trying to go to indiegogo for this a few days ago.
http://theonyxpath.com/m20-victorian-age-go-gogo-monday-meeting-notes/

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Man, Indiegogo sounds like way more of a pain in the rear end.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ugh, gently caress Indiegogo. I'm probably just going to skip this one rather than setup another goddamn account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octavo
Feb 11, 2019

Kavak posted:

They won't stop releasing 20th Anniversary stuff until White Wolf Entertainment has a competing edition. I don't know how Onyx Path can keep a straight face while releasing games with mechanics as totally busted as the 20th Anniversary books when they have the license to use any of the more or less functional iterations like nWoD's Storytelling system or Trinity 1e's Storyteller Revised. Releasing nostalgic editions with broken systems is like releasing HD remasters of PC games with all the BSOD-causing bugs left in for old time's sake.